DJI Go 4 won't connect to Samsung NOTE 8
8334 21 2017-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kiter Dave
New
United Kingdom

Hi guys

I have a note 8 which won't connect to my Mavic pro on dji4 go app. sometimes it connects for a second, i click "Go Fly" and then it's disconected.

My Samsung Note 4 works perfectly.

Anyone had any issues with this?

Cheers, Dave
2017-11-19
Use props
fans66e73ae9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1161024 ft
Singapore

The situation I faces whilst using Note 8 with DJI4 Go app is that there is no video feed on its screen although I am able to control the camera gimbal from the left button.
2017-11-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Please try to change another USB cable for connecting, or try to reinstall the app by scanning the QR code of the DJI Official web, if it doesn't help, then maybe Samsung NOTE 8 is not compatible with DJI GO 4.
2017-11-19
Use props
Nelsonlee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2779203 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

I have no issues to connect with my Samsung Galaxy Note 8 with Go Apps 4 on my Mavic, Maybe you can try uninstall the go apps and download install it again, also try change other usb cable to test on it.
2017-11-19
Use props
Nelsonlee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2779203 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-19 19:12
Please try to change another USB cable for connecting, or try to reinstall the app by scanning the QR code of the DJI Official web, if it doesn't help, then maybe Samsung NOTE 8 is not compatible with DJI GO 4.

Samsung Galaxy Note 8 is compatible for DJI Go 4 and DJI Go before 4 apps....
I use it for my Spark, Mavic Pro, Phantom 3 Standard, Phantom 3 SE with no issues.

Only after updated latest Go 4 v4.1.18 now the live view are lagging during i fly with my Mavic Pro.
2017-11-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Nelsonlee Posted at 2017-11-19 19:46
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 is compatible for DJI Go 4 and DJI Go before 4 apps....
I use it for my Spark, Mavic Pro, Phantom 3 Standard, Phantom 3 SE with no issues.

Noted with thanks. I saw your post on another thread, and had forwarded to our engineers to check.
2017-11-21
Use props
fans87b2f804
New
United States

Mine used to connect to my Note 4, but that died and I just got a Note 8 and I can't sign in to DJI Go 4. Talked to 5 people from DJI today, last guy told me just sell the Mavic. What!!! I mentioned this on a Facebook forum and other people can sign in with Note 8's!
2018-1-9
Use props
djiuser_UlUpt24KJaJ0
lvl.1

I was using my note 8 for months and now it doesn't work with my mavic pro or spark. How they gonna have it compatible then all of a sudden not. This is ridiculous. It works on my friends samsung s7 but not my note 8. Doesn't make sense
2018-6-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_UlUpt24KJaJ0 Posted at 2018-6-11 10:04
I was using my note 8 for months and now it doesn't work with my mavic pro or spark. How they gonna have it compatible then all of a sudden not. This is ridiculous. It works on my friends samsung s7 but not my note 8. Doesn't make sense

Sorry for the inconvenience that it may cause, have you tried to check if there's an update with the app? Please send a screenshot of the issue if possible. Thank you.
2018-6-12
Use props
djiuser_7zO4VsUoMAix
lvl.1

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-6-12 09:33
Sorry for the inconvenience that it may cause, have you tried to check if there's an update with the app? Please send a screenshot of the issue if possible. Thank you.

I just fixed this exact issue on my note 8, by doing the following:

Enable developer options:
Go to your Samsung Note 8 "Application" icon and Open Settings option.

Step 3: Under Settings option, select About phone, then choose Software Information.

Step 4: Scroll down the screen and tap Build number several times until you see a message that says "Developer mode has been enabled".

Enable Developer Option on Note 8

Step 5: Select on the Back button and you will see the Developer options menu under Settings, and select Developer options.

Step 6: Slide the "Developer Options" button to "On" and check "USB debugging".

Step 7: You will see a messages "Allow USB Debugging", click "OK".

Once that's done,inthe developer options, click usb configuration, and select PTP, picture transfer protocol.

That instantly fixed all issues for me.
2018-6-16
Use props
djiuser_7zO4VsUoMAix
lvl.1

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-6-12 09:33

I just fixed this exact issue on my note 8, by doing the following:

Go to your Samsung Note 8 "Application" icon and Open Settings option.

Step 3: Under Settings option, select About phone, then choose Software Information.

Step 4: Scroll down the screen and tap Build number several times until you see a message that says "Developer mode has been enabled".

Enable Developer Option on Note 8

Step 5: Select on the Back button and you will see the Developer options menu under Settings, and select Developer options.

Step 6: Slide the "Developer Options" button to "On" and check "USB debugging".

Step 7: You will see a messages "Allow USB Debugging", click "OK".

Once that's done,inthe developer options, click usb configuration, and select PTP, picture transfer protocol.

That instantly fixed all issues for me.
2018-6-16
Use props
fans21161c51
lvl.1
Flight distance : 101716 ft
United States

Awesome sir
T-Mobile nor Samsung tech could fix it.
As soon as I saw your instructions it all made perfect sense..
Thank you soooo much

My Note 4 died and waiting for warranty system to replace it...
2018-6-19
Use props
Brad Bilger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14843274 ft

djiuser_7zO4VsUoMAix Posted at 2018-6-16 21:16
I just fixed this exact issue on my note 8, by doing the following:

Hmmm... I remember doing this to my Note 5 last year.  Maybe that's why I've Never had a bit of problem with my phone when I'm flying.  No lag, no drops, no problems at all.  Good advice.  
2018-6-20
Use props
fans21161c51
lvl.1
Flight distance : 101716 ft
United States

Wow,
Same exact problem//My Note 4 died and Note 8 will not connect to any of my 5 birds by wifi.. fine with cable on Spark.. It just wont connect to devices even though it sees them Just fine .. T-Mobile could not fix. Samsung Used 4 different techs and no fix. They even took over my screen and still nothing. Did hard reset and that is a pain.. Even fresh phone with no added apps would not connect.. All my other Samsung tablets work perfectly.  Could it be that T Mobile phones have a bug a boo... Not just DJI but MJX Bugs 2c and 5W and HS100 and my action cam/

Anybody??  Thanks    Be Well All
2018-6-25
Use props
Secondlaw
New
Flight distance : 69 ft

United States

Samsung Galaxy Note 9

fans21161c51 Posted at 2018-6-25 08:58
Wow,
Same exact problem//My Note 4 died and Note 8 will not connect to any of my 5 birds by wifi.. fine with cable on Spark.. It just wont connect to devices even though it sees them Just fine .. T-Mobile could not fix. Samsung Used 4 different techs and no fix. They even took over my screen and still nothing. Did hard reset and that is a pain.. Even fresh phone with no added apps would not connect.. All my other Samsung tablets work perfectly.  Could it be that T Mobile phones have a bug a boo... Not just DJI but MJX Bugs 2c and 5W and HS100 and my action cam/

Aside of the aforementioned great advice, I'm using a Samsung Galaxy NOTE 9.

I couldn't get it to connect and I already have USB debugging enabled.  

Then it occurred to me...  I used to have an otterbox on my Galaxy NOTE 8.  I had to remove that because it was simply too big.  Now I'm using a much more slender low profile case (Tech21)...  This allows the phone to fit into the Mavic's RC perfect!  The problem is however, the USB connection isn't secure.  

After removing my phone's case, I was able to connect immediately.  The USB cable has to be snug so if you do have a cover (Even a nice low profile one like mine), remove it and give another try.

2018-8-31
Use props
doctor_iksterog
New
United States

fans21161c51 Posted at 2018-6-25 08:58
Wow,
Same exact problem//My Note 4 died and Note 8 will not connect to any of my 5 birds by wifi.. fine with cable on Spark.. It just wont connect to devices even though it sees them Just fine .. T-Mobile could not fix. Samsung Used 4 different techs and no fix. They even took over my screen and still nothing. Did hard reset and that is a pain.. Even fresh phone with no added apps would not connect.. All my other Samsung tablets work perfectly.  Could it be that T Mobile phones have a bug a boo... Not just DJI but MJX Bugs 2c and 5W and HS100 and my action cam/

well i have the same issue of no vid with my other Samsung tabs....not that it helps any, but i also went out and bought the Samsung Galaxy 7" Tab A and got the same thing - no video.  I read some where that it was not a fast enough tablet to capture the incoming stream.  so i went back to the store and exchanged the Tab A for another Tab A but a Galaxy 8" which was a bit faster.  well it has video, but when i fly the Mavic 2, then video lagged.  i again assumed not quite fast enough, so i took that back.  so wondering what type of tablets work with your drones...specifically if possible mavic 2 , i have the zoom.  i would like a tablet 7 inches.  now that i read this thread i wish i would have tried them on my AIR.  maybe i will try them again.  i didn't ever try this debugging method either.
2018-9-1
Use props
djiuser_UlUpt24KJaJ0
lvl.1

So I was able to use my note 8 for 6 months and it didnt want to work anymore out of no where. Tried a few things and nothing worked. Finally I fixed the problem. The freaking port was full of lint and other gunk. Had to really dig into it to get the stuff out. And that's when i realized the plug actually went all the way in. Thought it was just like that. Moral of the story, if your phone use to work and now doesnt, try cleaning out the ports with a needle. Turn phone off first
2018-9-22
Use props
Brent Turner4
New

United States

Having new issues with my mavic pro. Using my note 8. I kee pop getting disconnected. Have switched cables, updated go4 app to newest, updated firmware on remote and drone, and still having those issues. Please help
2019-7-2
Use props
G_Sig
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

Brent Turner4 Posted at 7-2 08:37
Having new issues with my mavic pro. Using my note 8. I kee pop getting disconnected. Have switched cables, updated go4 app to newest, updated firmware on remote and drone, and still having those issues. Please help

What port on controller do you use?
You should use the low middle USB port.
2019-7-2
Use props
Brent Turner4
New

United States

G_Sig Posted at 7-2 09:05
What port on controller do you use?
You should use the low middle USB port.

Yes. That is the one i use. I will downgrade firmware one both drone and remote to see if that helps
2019-7-3
Use props
djiuser_gab0S2oHSFZq
New

United States

Try changing the Function of the USB when you plug in you device. I had mine set to charge, Set it to eather Data or picture transfer I forget which one.
2020-6-25
Use props
djiuser_HRYOnAS5AxKs
New

United States

djiuser_UlUpt24KJaJ0 Posted at 2018-9-22 11:04
So I was able to use my note 8 for 6 months and it didnt want to work anymore out of no where. Tried a few things and nothing worked. Finally I fixed the problem. The freaking port was full of lint and other gunk. Had to really dig into it to get the stuff out. And that's when i realized the plug actually went all the way in. Thought it was just like that. Moral of the story, if your phone use to work and now doesnt, try cleaning out the ports with a needle. Turn phone off first

You saved my life! Had this issue, and nothing worked. Then I saw your comment. I had so much lint in my connector socket from sticking my phone in my pocket. Now works. You saved my life!
2020-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules