Can't connect aircraft/RC/Phone all together at the same time!
3749 12 2017-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ahmed D
New
Cambodia

Hi all!

I have a problem connecting my dji Spark with the RC AND the app all at once

Once the aircraft is connected to the RC, the wifi signal of the RC completely disapears and disconnects from the phone/app

I made this video to demonstrate the issue:

Any comments or suggestion are highly regarded

Thanks,
2017-11-19
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

It seems that your RC didn't link to your AC. Please watch the following video to build the connection and search the wifi again. Please note that if the indicator of RC becomes green, it means that it connects successfully. Here is the link:
2017-11-20
Use props
Ahmed D
New
Cambodia

Well, that's the problem! I'm not sure why it doesn't connect successfully ..

you can see in my video (at 3:29) that the LED is green and the connection between the RC and the AC is successfully established, but the RC is not discoverable to the phone

I've already seen the video you posted and strictly followed the steps, but the problem always happens once the connection between the RC and the AC is established successfully
2017-11-20
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

What i do :  after enter the pw for the RC i wait in that screen for the message wich said that the RC doesn`t have a internet connection.
I OK that message and retrun to the main screen in the app, see GO FLY and it works.

When i do not wait for that message it doesn`t work; don`t see the GO FLY.

Sometimes i have to "forget" the RC in my WIFI list, and open and pw it again.

Cheers
Hans
2017-11-20
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Can it be, your RC is connecting to the Spark in 2.4 Ghz?
Can your phone 5.8 Ghz? (Dualband wifi)
What model is it?
The RC, if not connected to the Spark, is it sending in 2.4 or 5.8 Ghz?
2017-11-20
Use props
updatenew&l
lvl.2
Flight distance : 939265 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-11-20 07:15
Can it be, your RC is connecting to the Spark in 2.4 Ghz?
Can your phone 5.8 Ghz? (Dualband wifi)
What model is it?

I have exactly the same problem, I do have a dual band phone. I originally set the Wifi to 5.8 it worked fine. I then flew for 2 days with OTG cable all good. On trying to connect to Wifi tonight I have the same problem as the Thread Author. Connects to RC fine as soon as the AC is turned on it loses wifi. Albeit for a second it says go fly, then goes back to Enter device in Go 4 fly app. I've gone into the Go  4 fly  app when connected with remote only & like in original posters video it shows 2.4 in blue & below it says 5.8.  I've switched it to 5.8 chosen apply rebooted everything the same happens. Also chosen apply on the 2.4 & rebooted everything exactly the same. The wifi when connected to RC only does say 2.4 at top of the app. I have not a clue how I can change the phone from 2.4 to 5.8 or vice versa to try it. Samsung Galaxy S6 edge plus. All works fine with the OTG cable though.
2017-11-27
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

updatenew&l Posted at 2017-11-27 16:47
I have exactly the same problem, I do have a dual band phone. I originally set the Wifi to 5.8 it worked fine. I then flew for 2 days with OTG cable all good. On trying to connect to Wifi tonight I have the same problem as the Thread Author. Connects to RC fine as soon as the AC is turned on it loses wifi. Albeit for a second it says go fly, then goes back to Enter device in Go 4 fly app. I've gone into the Go  4 fly  app when connected with remote only & like in original posters video it shows 2.4 in blue & below it says 5.8.  I've switched it to 5.8 chosen apply rebooted everything the same happens. Also chosen apply on the 2.4 & rebooted everything exactly the same. The wifi when connected to RC only does say 2.4 at top of the app. I have not a clue how I can change the phone from 2.4 to 5.8 or vice versa to try it. Samsung Galaxy S6 edge plus. All works fine with the OTG cable though.

Unless you have a setting for 'prefered band', the phone will do it automatic.
I assume, your phone is not accepting the 149+ channels in Europe.
You can try to reset the settings of the Spark, start, push button till the third beeping signal and pair the RC again.
Or use OTG and stay away from App version 4.1.18

2017-11-27
Use props
Mcfly013
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8097 ft
United States

I had this problem too, and it seems to happen if you tap ENTER DEVICE on the home screen when connecting.

Here's how I get past it:
1) Turn on DJI GO 4 app, and stay in home screen (default screen)

2) Turn on remote controller.

3) Go to WiFi Settings and connect to remote control.

4) Once connected, go to DJI GO 4 App and stay in home screen.

5) Turn on Spark Aircraft.

6) WAIT.  DO NOT tap on enter device.  Wait until GO FLY appears in place of ENTER DEVICE.  Tap GO FLY. (The app has to verify all firmware before you enter the camera screen)

I've used this sequence several times with success.  It seems like a software bug, but it can be worked through.
2017-11-27
Use props
Sl
lvl.1
Belarus

Yes, I have exactly the same problem with my new Spark like Ahmed D! In this reason, I can't enjoy this drone, I'm not flying, I'm only reading tons of forums messages - and no have clear answer what we can do! My phone is Xiaomi Redmi Note 2, I install all new software for RC and AC and I use last version of DJI GO on my phone (Android). I hope, DJI can solve this problem in short time or give to us clear rules, what we need to do! Pleeeease heeeeeelp!
2017-12-4
Use props
SlaVa_V
lvl.1
Belarus

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-11-27 17:59
Unless you have a setting for 'prefered band', the phone will do it automatic.
I assume, your phone is not accepting the 149+ channels in Europe.
You can try to reset the settings of the Spark, start, push button till the third beeping signal and pair the RC again.

"use OTG and stay away from App version 4.1.18"
OK, It's a good idea. But wen I use OTG, I don't see any parameters in DJI GO (v. 4.1.18). So, I need to downgrade DJI GO version? But how can I do it? Please, explain.
2017-12-4
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

SlaVa_V Posted at 2017-12-4 22:09
"use OTG and stay away from App version 4.1.18"
OK, It's a good idea. But wen I use OTG, I don't see any parameters in DJI GO (v. 4.1.18). So, I need to downgrade DJI GO version? But how can I do it? Please, explain.

If you are on iOS you can't, I assume, without jailbreak.
If you are on Android, you simple uninstall the app v.4.1.18 and download and install 4.1.14/15 from appmirror.
Deactivate auto update from playstore for this app and fly the drone

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dj ... o-4-4-1-15-release/
2017-12-5
Use props
SlaVa_V
lvl.1
Belarus

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-12-5 09:22
If you are on iOS you can't, I assume, without jailbreak.
If you are on Android, you simple uninstall the app v.4.1.18 and download and install 4.1.14/15 from appmirror.
Deactivate auto update from playstore for this app and fly the drone

Thank You, it's work with OTG-cable!
Until DJI solve the problem as described in Tread Autor video, my Spark will fly with OTG solution.
2017-12-7
Use props
SlaVa_V
lvl.1
Belarus

Please, read this topic: https://forum.dji.com/thread-100550-1-1.html
In the first message the last two paragraphs.
It's not a full solution, but You can try, maybe it will work in Your case.
I have exactly the same problem like You and I tried this advice.
It work, but very unstable.
And You need to do this each time when You turn on Your Spark...
For me at this time the best choice - OTG-cable.
2017-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules