Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
FIX for no connection, no video, Controller LED's Blinking P4
3044 20 2017-11-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AshCphotos
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I thought I'd let everyone know how I managed to fix my problem of not getting a Connection to the Phantom 4 ( Very broken/NO video/ No signal). The controller LED's were flashing multiple colours and no matter what I did I could not get it to connect properly to the drone. Updating the Drone didn't help either.

I contacted support and Im sorry to say they were no help and wanted me to send off the drone for repair but I wasn't having it as I'd seen someone on youtube with the same issue and I knew it could be solved. His method was different to mine though.

I believed the fix lied in updating the Controller firmware but I could not get a firmware download for the controller in any of the methods even the secret firmware update screen in the app. But To my surprise the DJI GO 3 app had the update sitting there for the Controller when the GO 4 didn't! I updated and as simple as that the Problem was solved. No mention of this while on chat to support. SO glad I managed to fix this issue as I really thought it was bricked.
2017-11-20
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Good job!   Saved yourself money .
2017-11-20
Use props
Troutman1
New
United States

can you give me more of guide?  What do you mean Go 3 app?
2017-11-20
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Very strange that the 3 app worked to update the controller, at least your problem was solved so happy days.
2017-11-20
Use props
AshCphotos
lvl.1
United Kingdom

@Troutman1 the DJI G0 3 app is the older App you can download thats now used for the Phantom 3 Drones. It did use to be the version you used with the P4 but now there's the DJI Go version 4. I have both apps on my iPhone and it was the older version that allowed me to perform the firmware update for the Controller and not the new version. The problems I had started when I updated the P4 to the latest firmware, I guess I either didn't notice or it didn't come up to update the controller. I haven't used the drone for a while and it was late so thats no doubt part of why I missed the update if there was one.
2017-11-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Anyway, glad to know the RC works well now. Thanks for sharing!
2017-11-21
Use props
Jay Lenz
New
United States

It worked thanks
2017-11-23
Use props
skyguy17
lvl.3
Flight distance : 190745 ft
United Kingdom

I have a brand new DJI P4 (standard) just 2 days old, after all the firmware updates I now have the same issues as @AshCphotos.  Spent hrs on the phone to DJI support without success, so they have suggested I send back the aircraft and controller to the dealer to replace!!! REALLY??

I have tried the Assistant 2 application which resolved the P4's firmware issue but for the controller it reports "unable to read firmware, retry?".  Have tried this 4 or so times without success.  The DJI GO 4 app, was the one which forced me to upgrade firmware in the first place,  it does not appear to have a way to force a reflash of the firmware for the controller and DJI support where no help when I asked for this.

So...How do I get the DJI GO 3 app (IOS) as I downloaded the GO 4app is the just the other on the apps store and what are the steps? if this is a non starter I see P3 guys are able to flash their controllers using a Thumb drive with latest DJIfirmware.bin file.  If this could help here where do I get such a BIN file from as it does not appear on DJI's site.

Please help!!!! As the aircraft and controller are $1K paperweight currently and I'm very disappointed... btw I tech savvy (25+ years in the IT/Eng industry)
2017-11-23
Use props
Monopdrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 995531 ft
United States

It didn't work for me.  The Go 3 app does not show an upgrade either.
2017-11-23
Use props
Jay Lenz
New
United States

Monopdrone Posted at 2017-11-23 16:16
It didn't work for me.  The Go 3 app does not show an upgrade either.

don't turn on the drone only the controller
2017-11-23
Use props
skyguy17
lvl.3
United Kingdom

An FYI to anyone new reading this thread due to RC issues

Here is how I solved this issue:-

1) Install DJI GO 3 app from Apps store, launch app (at this time P4 is off until I say)
2) Select P3 Pro as aircraft (SE and Standard are wifi, not sure if this would make a difference), using the 3 dashes at the top right of the app press and hold for 10s or so. A new screen appears showing suggested current firmware of RC. Scroll down to firmware 1.6.0 select "Firmware Refresh". Wait for it to install then close the app and shut off RC.
3) Reboot RC, after a new minutes on shut off RC (not sure if this is really required, but it seemed right)
4) Open up DJI GO 3, Select P3 Pro and press camera (have the lightning cable connected to RC and iPad/iPhone).  I had over 50% charge on my RC (btw)
5) Once in main screen with telemetry info wait a few minutes and press the Left upper area just next to the DJI logo saying "No xxxxxx connected " in red, this will take you to the Aircraft setup screen.
6) There you will see a warning message triangle, press this area and it suggests upgrading the firmware as you have 1.6.0 installed and the latest is 1.9.3
7) This started the firmware download and then with lots of beeps and blue flashing light the upgrade was a success !!!!!
8) On completion it will tell you to reboot the RC.  At the same time I closed off the DJ GO 3 app.
9) Reboot the RC again. Mine complained at low battery so I did a second reboot and 3 white LED battery level lights came up as well as the RED LED indicating no aircraft bound.
10) Turned on P4 and launched DJI GO 4 app and BANG.... full signals on RC and Video feeds and NO flashing red/green led any more just solid green.  So fingers crossed for her maiden flight tomorrow ( double fingers crossed)

I hope this helps others; note the DJI GO 4 apps does the same if you hold the 3 dashed lines for 10s or more.  I did not try this route to roll back the firmware on the RC.
2017-11-25
Use props
AshCphotos
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Glad this solution is helping people. I didn’t struggle to find an update in the dji go 3 app. I went into the flying screen with the drone off and in the information bar it came up with the update showing. It wouldn’t show in the dji go 4 app even when you accessed the 10 second hold update screen.
2017-11-28
Use props
Anguskay
lvl.1
United States

HOLY SH*T!! I've been fighting this for days!I finally got a regular start up after followinf Skyguy17's recommendations.
2nd startup has me hangin, and system is trying to collect Phantom 4 info and hangs.
2017-11-28
Use props
Anguskay
lvl.1
United States

Anguskay Posted at 2017-11-28 18:03
HOLY SH*T!! I've been fighting this for days!I finally got a regular start up after followinf Skyguy17's recommendations.
2nd startup has me hangin, and system is trying to collect Phantom 4 info and hangs.

Okay, just a hiccup I guess. The quad is sitting next to my bass. Magnets interfere?
Anyway, I hope I'm flyable again. All points point to a solid YES!
I live 4 blocks away from a small airport and the app won't even let me fly in the house! Which is weird as they already told at the airport that they aren't an airport without the conning tower. The guy managing the place told me on two occasions to not worry about it, and just stay below 400 feet.
I'd rather deal with this problem than the ones I've been faced with since 4 days ago.
THANK YOU FORUM, and especially Skyguy17!
2017-11-28
Use props
fans17be0fae
lvl.1
Flight distance : 486 ft
  • >>>
United States

skyguy17 Posted at 2017-11-25 10:09

4) Open up DJI GO 3, Select P3 Pro and press camera (have the lightning cable connected to RC and iPad/iPhone).  I had over 50% charge on my RC (btw)

Hi Skyguy17, I'm hung up on this step. I'm unable to press the camera as I can't see one after I choose Phantom 3 Pro from the dropdown menu. I can't get to the camera screen. How do I get past this screen, and to the camera view? Thanks in advance!
2017-11-28
Use props
fans21a2c894
New
United States

Thank you so much! I couldn't figure out the problem myself and the Assistant 2 wasn't being of use. I'm glad someone else had the same issue and was grateful enough to share their fix. Mine works flawlessly thanks to you!
2017-11-28
Use props
fans17be0fae
lvl.1
Flight distance : 486 ft
  • >>>
United States

skyguy17 Posted at 2017-11-25 10:09

Hello Skyguy17, I figured it out - I repeated your process a couple of times and got it right. Appreciate the valuable info!
2017-11-28
Use props
Buran
lvl.1
Russia

fans17be0fae Posted at 2017-11-28 19:15

Hi Skyguy17, I'm hung up on this step. I'm unable to press the camera as I can't see one after I choose Phantom 3 Pro from the dropdown menu. I can't get to the camera screen. How do I get past this screen, and to the camera view? Thanks in advance!

Thanks dude! I also helped your decision!
2017-11-29
Use props
Suidog
lvl.2
United States

Worked for me also!  Thanks for the help.  This has got to be a bug with the DJI GO 4 App.  I hope they fix it soon.  Also this latest firmware, the real time video is no-where near as good as it was before. I used to have no fear taking it over a mile away with a clear line of sight but now I start to see video artifacts and green blotches at 500ft. I really hope they fix that soon!
2017-11-30
Use props
skyguy17
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Suidog Posted at 2017-11-30 08:55
Worked for me also!  Thanks for the help.  This has got to be a bug with the DJI GO 4 App.  I hope they fix it soon.  Also this latest firmware, the real time video is no-where near as good as it was before. I used to have no fear taking it over a mile away with a clear line of sight but now I start to see video artifacts and green blotches at 500ft. I really hope they fix that soon!

Also seeing poor RF power signal levels.  See picture, so I think DJI still having a problem in FW on the RC. Locking to a -100dBm signal is not ideal.  I have escalated to DJI (NL), if I hear back then I will comment on this thread again.

BTW really pleased to see my suggestion have helped people out !!!

2017-11-30
Use props
fansd2ca4ca4
New
Flight distance : 284760 ft

United States

fans17be0fae Posted at 2017-11-28 19:15

I also encountered this issue. I'm certain how I made it appears, but I stayed on that screen for several minutes, then I tapped the How to Connect button (launches a broswer window), when I returned to the DJI Go 3 App and a screen with four steps on how to connect was displayed, then I tapped the back arrow to go back to the screen where the How to Connect button was displayed, I left it set for a few minutes then the Camera button displayed.
2017-12-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules