1641 16 2017-11-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
george_007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 183045 ft
Sweden

Hi team!

It seems that alot of people update their drones and fly happily ever after.
Also drones delivered from factory with the "bad" firmware version seems to fly fine.

How far have we come on the theory that the firmware is not bad but rather the update
procedure does not work properly and includes a risk for an incorrect update?

Regards
Georg
2017-11-20
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

It's a roll of the dice.
2017-11-20
Use props
Boedie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29639 ft
Netherlands

Well I have a new Spark, so I have to update the firmware because you can not fly without the update.
But the update crashes every time at 93%
So the Drone is useless.
By the way left arm is not working, wifi drops out every time, drone loses connection with the controller.

This is the replacement Spark, the last had issues with the gimbal.
Nice repair service, 5 stars.
2017-11-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Boedie Posted at 2017-11-20 11:27
Well I have a new Spark, so I have to update the firmware because you can not fly without the update.
But the update crashes every time at 93%
So the Drone is useless.

Sincerely sorry for the unpleasant experience. Could you tell us the case number of your last repair? I'd like to look into the exact status.
2017-11-21
Use props
Boedie
lvl.2
Netherlands

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-21 01:24
Sincerely sorry for the unpleasant experience. Could you tell us the case number of your last repair? I'd like to look into the exact status.

Case number: CAS-1187314-M1T7T9

I am angry because the Spark with Gimbal issue, had a very good connection I flew 600 meters without problems. All was fine only the image vibrated with Active Track mode? You know how difficult it is to fly in the Netherlands without losing connection all the time, so I was so glad that this drone was top.
I got a message that the problem was solved by changing the gimbal board and then they sent me an other Spark with all sorts of problems?
2017-11-21
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I agree, Georg. It's odd.

I recently applied the latest (beta) firmware to my P4 using Assistant 2 - well, that was before it started to hang on "Transmitting..." but that's a new issue after the latest Win 10 1709 update. But I digress...

Anyway, the P4 flew badly and couldn't maintain a hover, as it did with the faulty P4 firmware released mid year. So I set the craft to factory defaults, and refreshed the firmware again. All good.

This experience aligns with advice provided for use with the unsanctioned software used to downgrade craft. It requires the firmware to be flashed twice, otherwise some modules are strangely not enabled. So from here I'll be applying firmware, setting to factory default (to reset any "free radicals"), and refreshing the firmware. Then a VPS and gimbal calibration, of course.
2017-11-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Boedie Posted at 2017-11-21 11:38
Case number: CAS-1187314-M1T7T9

I am angry because the Spark with Gimbal issue, had a very good connection I flew 600 meters without problems. All was fine only the image vibrated with Active Track mode? You know how difficult it is to fly in the Netherlands without losing connection all the time, so I was so glad that this drone was top.

I understand your frustration, and would like to try my best to help you. As for the issue you referred in the replacement, could you offer a short video for better assistance? I'll double check and keep follow up the status.
2017-11-22
Use props
Boedie
lvl.2
Netherlands

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-22 03:48
I understand your frustration, and would like to try my best to help you. As for the issue you referred in the replacement, could you offer a short video for better assistance? I'll double check and keep follow up the status.

I do not understand?
But this is a link from the vibrating Spark. Pay attention, it only did this in Active Track mode!
If you look at my channel there is a better video, but DJI rejects it because 3 letters look like a wrong word?
2017-11-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Boedie Posted at 2017-11-26 06:59
I do not understand?
But this is a link from the vibrating Spark. Pay attention, it only did this in Active Track mode!
If you look at my channel there is a better video, but DJI rejects it because 3 letters look like a wrong word?

Thanks for getting back to us. It seems the issue is not obvious in this video. Could you upload the one you mentioned in Dropbox and share us the link here? I'll double check, thanks so much!
2017-11-28
Use props
Boedie
lvl.2
Netherlands

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-28 02:10
Thanks for getting back to us. It seems the issue is not obvious in this video. Could you upload the one you mentioned in Dropbox and share us the link here? I'll double check, thanks so much!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zrru7mdpfkujxql/DJI_0030.MP4?dl=0
2017-11-29
Use props
Boedie
lvl.2
Netherlands

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-28 02:10

But this first drone I don't have anymore.
Now I have my third so called repaired Spark.
This third Spark gives the error: Ultrasonic sensor error
So I can not fly again!
I am really getting frustrated from DJI drones.
I calibrated again the compas and imu sensors.
But I can not test it is raining.

2017-11-29
Use props
Boedie
lvl.2
Netherlands

Just tested again, but no errors, just a weak connection.
Also tried the otg cable but still weak connection, 60, 85 and 130 meters and losing connection every time.
The connection of the first Spark was much stronger.

When the weather is ok I will try outside the city.
2017-11-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Boedie Posted at 2017-11-29 08:21
Just tested again, but no errors, just a weak connection.
Also tried the otg cable but still weak connection, 60, 85 and 130 meters and losing connection every time.
The connection of the first Spark was much stronger.

Thanks for keeping us updated. WiFi connection is recommended when you test the performance, please let us know the latest progress, thanks!
2017-12-1
Use props
Boedie
lvl.2
Netherlands

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-1 22:30
Thanks for keeping us updated. WiFi connection is recommended when you test the performance, please let us know the latest progress, thanks!

Tested it outside the city with OTG cable.
With 720 meters weak signal and with 750 meters I lost connection.
So that is super, there are interfering Transmission towers close and still such a good signal!
Also in the Car no loss at all.
Flying in the City is really not done so much interference with wifi signals, also the Phantom does not like that. It is also forbidden to fly in the city.

Thank you for your help!
I am very happy with this Spark.

2017-12-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Boedie Posted at 2017-12-2 12:51
Tested it outside the city with OTG cable.
With 720 meters weak signal and with 750 meters I lost connection.
So that is super, there are interfering Transmission towers close and still such a good signal!

Nice to know the Spark works well now. Wish you have a good time on flying the drone. Welcome to contact us if there is other questions.
2017-12-3
Use props
george_007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 183045 ft
Sweden

Wow!

Talk about stealing the thread. This discussion about the Spark has nothing to do with the topic in this thread. :-)
2017-12-4
Use props
Boedie
lvl.2
Netherlands

george_007 Posted at 2017-12-4 05:43
Wow!

Talk about stealing the thread. This discussion about the Spark has nothing to do with the topic in this thread. :-)

Well it started with the firmware and ended somewhere else yes.
Sorry George.
2017-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules