Go 4 Issues on Android
1536 16 2017-11-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nodge
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3596 ft
United Kingdom

Just got my Spark last week and only been out with it a couple of times but both times I've had issues with the Go 4 app. In particular I've found the video and photo buttons on the controller and also on the phone screen become unresponsive. I've also noticed that icons for the various photo modes randomly disappear. For example I wanted to do a sphere shot and sent the drone up but when it came to it the sphere icon had disappeared, although the other 3 icons were still there. I have the phone in airplane mode and I'm using an OTG cable. I've seen it suggested elsewhere to turn off video cacheing but the option to do this seems to have disappeared on the current version of Go 4. All I can do is change the cache size and disable audio. No option to turn it off unless it's hidden away somewhere and I'm just not seeing it. Is there anything else I can do to reduce problems. My friend has recommended I switch to IOS but that's an option I can't afford.
Thanks, John
2017-11-20
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

I assume you are on DJI Go4 4.1.18?
Downgrade to 4.1.14 and check if it is the same.
What Droid are you using?
2017-11-20
Use props
Nodge
lvl.2
United Kingdom

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-11-20 07:07
I assume you are on DJI Go4 4.1.18?
Downgrade to 4.1.14 and check if it is the same.
What Droid are you using?

Thanks for your reply. The drone is the Spark and my DJI Go 4 is v 4.1.15 which is the latest available on the Android Play store. Would it still be worth trying v 4.1.14 and would it still have spherical panorama as that is the main reason I bought the Spark? Do you have a link to where I can download it?

Thanks,
John
2017-11-20
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Since I had trouble (different to yours, on both devices) on my OP5 with 4.1.18 and  on a Huawei pad with 4.1.15 and both are working fine on 4.1.14:
I would give it a try. Is the first with Sphere function, works alright
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dj ... o-4-4-1-14-release/ (1027326 is on my phone now)

Sorry, my bad, "What Droid ...." was "what android" are you using?
Also if you could test an iOS maybe?
Only to test that your phone isn't the bottleneck
And to find out, if Spark is at fault or that it is the combination of device/software/Spark

2017-11-20
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

With regard to the pano icons it might well be, that it is just an issue of screen brightness. When you select one of the icons it turns dark blue while the others are white. Try to set your screen to higher or maximum brightness and test again.
2017-11-20
Use props
Nodge
lvl.2
United Kingdom

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-11-20 08:36
Since I had trouble (different to yours, on both devices) on my OP5 with 4.1.18 and  on a Huawei pad with 4.1.15 and both are working fine on 4.1.14:
I would give it a try. Is the first with Sphere function, works alright
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/dji-go-4/dji-go-4-4-1-14-release/ (1027326 is on my phone now)

Ok, thanks. Downloaded and installed. I'll report back once I've tried it out.  There still appears to be no option to turn off video cacheing?

John
2017-11-20
Use props
Nodge
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-11-20 09:03
With regard to the pano icons it might well be, that it is just an issue of screen brightness. When you select one of the icons it turns dark blue while the others are white. Try to set your screen to higher or maximum brightness and test again.

Thanks but it's definitely not a screen brightness issue.  I can see the blue icons when they are selected. The problem is still there having now installed an earlier version of DJI Go 4 so it must just be an incompatibility with my phone (Xiaomi Note 2). I have now found that if I tap on the space where the icon should be then that mode becomes activated so at least I can select each mode even if the icon isn't showing.

John
2017-11-20
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Nodge Posted at 2017-11-20 11:28
Thanks but it's definitely not a screen brightness issue.  I can see the blue icons when they are selected. The problem is still there having now installed an earlier version of DJI Go 4 so it must just be an incompatibility with my phone (Xiaomi Note 2). I have now found that if I tap on the space where the icon should be then that mode becomes activated so at least I can select each mode even if the icon isn't showing.

John

Hi John, then you are actually confirming a bug that I had reported earlier already and that I belived to have been fixed in the latest version: https://forum.dji.com/thread-118256-1-1.html
I have had a confirmation that the bug with mixed up icons has been fixed, but the one with the "missing" icon(s) apparently has not yet been fixed.
2017-11-20
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Nodge Posted at 2017-11-20 11:23
Ok, thanks. Downloaded and installed. I'll report back once I've tried it out.  There still appears to be no option to turn off video cacheing?

John

Please try to link your drone with wifi and see if it works. If the problem remains unsolved, please shoot a video with the problem showed on the screen.
2017-11-20
Use props
Nodge
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-20 19:38
Please try to link your drone with wifi and see if it works. If the problem remains unsolved, please shoot a video with the problem showed on the screen.

I went to try a test with v 4.1.14 today but when I started the app it went to a Go Create screen and started downloading a file. After that I connected up using an OTG cable but couldn't see any satellites so I aborted and then I remembered reading that people had posted they couldn't see sats with an OTG cable after updating to 4.1.18 and when I checked my version it had been automatically updated to v4.1.18 as soon as I started the app. I linked up again just using wifi and I can't say that I experienced any issues during a 10 min test although my phone battery was dead after that. If you read the feedback on the Google Play store literally everyone is saying how terrible v4.1.18 is with terrible video lag and app and more worrying, controller crashes! People are saying they are grounding their drones as it's now unsafe to fly. I think I would be happier about going back to v4.1.14 but is there any way I can prevent the app from updating on startup? Going into airplane mode first would stop it but I'm bound to forget to do it at some point.
John
2017-11-25
Use props
John Redecop
New

United States

Nodge Posted at 2017-11-25 09:18
I went to try a test with v 4.1.14 today but when I started the app it went to a Go Create screen and started downloading a file. After that I connected up using an OTG cable but couldn't see any satellites so I aborted and then I remembered reading that people had posted they couldn't see sats with an OTG cable after updating to 4.1.18 and when I checked my version it had been automatically updated to v4.1.18 as soon as I started the app. I linked up again just using wifi and I can't say that I experienced any issues during a 10 min test although my phone battery was dead after that. If you read the feedback on the Google Play store literally everyone is saying how terrible v4.1.18 is with terrible video lag and app and more worrying, controller crashes! People are saying they are grounding their drones as it's now unsafe to fly. I think I would be happier about going back to v4.1.14 but is there any way I can prevent the app from updating on startup? Going into airplane mode first would stop it but I'm bound to forget to do it at some point.
John

In google play store, go to your app, and in the top right hand corner are 3 dots, touch them and uncheck auto-update.
2017-11-25
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Nodge Posted at 2017-11-25 09:18
John

Which 4.1.18 Version is the playstore showing you?
Release date, Nov. 20, 21, 24?
You can got back, again ;-)
And disable the auto update for this app in playstore!
Till it works, again
2017-11-25
Use props
Nodge
lvl.2
United Kingdom

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-11-25 10:30
Which 4.1.18 Version is the playstore showing you?
Release date, Nov. 20, 21, 24?
You can got back, again ;-)

Playstore is showing  4.1.18 dated 24 Nov. The thing is I didn't download v4.1.14 from the Playstore, I got it from the mirror site that you posted. When it updated it did it from within the app when I opened it, not via the Playstore.  If I look at my apps in the Playstore now it doesn't show DJI Go 4 as having been recently updated so disabling auto update for the app in the Playstore settings isn't going to stop it updating itself.

Also how can there be different versions of V4.1.18 on 3 different days?

John
2017-11-25
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Nodge Posted at 2017-11-25 11:24
Playstore is showing  4.1.18 dated 24 Nov. The thing is I didn't download v4.1.14 from the Playstore, I got it from the mirror site that you posted. When it updated it did it from within the app when I opened it, not via the Playstore.  If I look at my apps in the Playstore now it doesn't show DJI Go 4 as having been recently updated so disabling auto update for the app in the Playstore settings isn't going to stop it updating itself.

That is irritating!
my app is from the mirrorsite, too.
Not updating!
I am almost certain, since 'my' playstore shows and offers me a update to 4.1.18, that you got it from there.

DJI put them in, perhaps?
one or two is maybe "rotation" of google making it available, but 3 or 4?
2017-11-25
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Oh:
Have you disabled "install from unknown sources" ?
2017-11-25
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

another "oh":
was the file the database?
After every installing and at the first start, the app is its actual database downloading.
Which was 64 MB, if I recall it right!
2017-11-25
Use props
Nodge
lvl.2
United Kingdom

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-11-25 11:51
another "oh":
was the file the database?
After every installing and at the first start, the app is its actual database downloading.

Yes I think it was the database (resource file) that downloaded. Anyways, I've uninstalled V4.1.18 and reinstalled V4.1.14 from the mirror site and I've turned off autoupdate for the app in Google Play and it does now seem to be staying a V4.1.14 so that looks promising. I'll try and test it out tomorrow.

John
2017-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules