819 5 2017-11-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Moshe.mmm
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1320098 ft
  • >>>
Israel

So I'm a new owner of the spark and I  understood before I purchased, that the gimbal is not leveling itself in sport mode so in that mode I use it only for straight line of flight and can leave with that.

The problem is that also in normal mode, when doing a side movement with yaw or sometimes without a yaw, the gimbal losses its horizontal level state and slowly slowly returns to be level during the flight. Is that the normal behavior for everyone?
Is that what it supposed to do?

If so, why no one ever talked about it?

Thanks for any help.
2017-11-20
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

That one is simple. Go to the gimbal settings in your DJI GO 4 App (Spark must be on and connected). The factory default setting of the gimbal is "FPV". Change this to "Follow", then all will be fine.
2017-11-20
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Please listen to the advice in 2#. Please note that you can also enter gimbal setting and choose gimbal adjustment to adjust the gimbal if it is not level before flight.
2017-11-20
Use props
Moshe.mmm
lvl.4
  • >>>
Israel

Thanks for you both for trying to help.

My gimbal setting is already on follow.
In FPV the behavior of the gimbal when moving sideways is like on sport mode - harsh movement. Im not talking about that.

The problem I'm experiencing is that on follow mode, when doing sideway movements, and a yaw or without a yaw sometimes, the gimbal goes out of its levelnes and slowly corrects itself. Do you experience that too?

Anyone??
2017-11-21
Use props
Moshe.mmm
lvl.4
  • >>>
Israel

Something I didn't mention-
I changed my pitch settings to +10. The maximum, because I wanted to be able to shoot from low angles. I changed it back just to test if it has something to do with the problem I have and it seems better only from moving the ac by hand. I'll try it in fly soon. If the two are related, it would be odd because it the pitch settings, not the roll. Maybe it's to much for the gimbal to load..
Would be happy to hear any thoughts..
2017-11-21
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Moshe.mmm Posted at 2017-11-21 11:41
Something I didn't mention-
I changed my pitch settings to +10. The maximum, because I wanted to be able to shoot from low angles. I changed it back just to test if it has something to do with the problem I have and it seems better only from moving the ac by hand. I'll try it in fly soon. If the two are related, it would be odd because it the pitch settings, not the roll. Maybe it's to much for the gimbal to load..
Would be happy to hear any thoughts..

Difficult question and I do not recall having read about a similar problem here before. Please set it back to the default and report back behaviour then. Maybe that could give some indication...
2017-11-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules