Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans22dc6a91
lvl.2
Flight distance : 56759 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi,

Upgrading to DJI Go 4 App V4.1.15 introduced very laggy video that often breaks up.  The signal strength for the controller and the HD link both show full bars.  Have tried in an open field but same symptoms.  Controls to Mavic itself are still very responsive.

Upgrading to latest App V4.1.18 also has same problems.  I've tried uninstalling app completely, wiping directories etc and re-installing.  Symptoms still exist.

Local video caching is turned off to save CPU load etc.  I've tried different USB cables but does not fix.

I've downgraded to App V4.1.10 (unofficial from APK mirror) and the video is as smooth as it used to be.  No significant lag and video never breaks up.

The latest version of Litchi also runs fine on my phone with no video problems.

My gut feeling is this is a CPU load issue in the phone caused by the latest releases.  I've been using this device since May 2016 with the P3P and since Jan 2017 with the Mavic Pro.  I've never had any such problems before - only with the latest couple of app releases.  Seems theres more than a few of us on other forums experiencing the same video problems.

My specs and verisons are:

Huwaii Honor 7 running Android 6.
Fimware on Mavic and controller are both 01.04.0000.
Laggy/choppy video with DJI Go 4 app V4.1.15 and V4.1.18.
No problems with App V4.1.10

Please advise.  I'm okay to run with a previous version but feel I'm missing out on the latest flight modes.  Upgrading the phone is not an option.

Regards,
Dale Rodgers
2017-11-20
Use props
DanTron
New
Flight distance : 54797 ft
Australia

I'm having the exact same issue Samsung Note 3 running Android 7.1.2.
It was working great on DJI Go V4.1.10 and is completely not flyable/dangerous to fly on V4.1.15 and V4.1.18
During flight the image quality get's progressively worse to the point at which it is totally unrecognizable and un-flyable!
See the images below.
My phone also get's physically HOT to the touch.
This didn't happen at all with V4.1.10

I'm usually keen to install updates and take advantage of new features and better performance but
This is the second time an "UPDATE" has caused my Mavic to be grounded.

2017-11-20
Use props
Mascupz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 55725 ft
Indonesia

I have the same problems, and flight record can't be read by dji go
2017-11-20
Use props
ChrisJP
lvl.2
Flight distance : 89888 ft
Japan

I have a Samsung S6 Edge running 7.0 and Version v4.1.15 is working fine (though I also find the phone to get really hot).
The Samsung Note 3 is listed as compatible but I don't see the Huwaii Honor 7

Android version 4.4.0 or later.
Compatible with Samsung S8 ,Samsung S7 edge, Samsung S7, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Samsung tabs 705c, Ascend Mate 9, Ascend Mate 7, Huawei Honor 8, Huawei P8 Max, Vivo X7, Xiaomi 5, Google Nexus 6p, Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, LG V20.
*Support for additional devices available as testing and development continues.

Where can one find the V4.1.10 apk?
2017-11-20
Use props
fansfb1bf277
lvl.3
Flight distance : 104449 ft
Ukraine

download here
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dj ... o-4-4-1-10-release/
10x - phone, 20x - tablet

seeing all the reports about lags on .15 and .18, I think I will go back to .10 (or even .9)
.15 crashes on my phone right on start
.14 and .18 do start but are very slow
to make it even worse, .18 does not have offline maps anymore
2017-11-20
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1148937 ft
United States

I had app working fine till update then got lag an some other issues. I got a phone with way more gb and flies now best it has. Dji keeps trying to make app better which uses more phone space. Maybe some1 try app on a friend or family members phone and see if same issue.
2017-11-20
Use props
Nelsonlee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2779203 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

Mine also the same after updated to V4.1.18 Go 4 apps to my Samsung Galaxy Note 8 the live view lagging.....
2017-11-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Since there is no problem with the previous version of the app, it's not the transmission or cable issue. But Huwaii Honor 7 is not on the support list, so may be the compatible issue. If reinstalling the app doesn't help, you can wait for the next update and try again.
2017-11-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

DanTron Posted at 2017-11-20 13:32
It was working great on DJI Go V4.1.10 and is completely not flyable/dangerous to fly on V4.1.15 and V4.1.18
During flight the image quality get's progressively worse to the point at which it is totally unrecognizable and un-flyable!

There is no problem with the original video from the SD card, right? Had you tried to fly in another place? Also, if you are in Austalia, how's the temperature there, please avoid direct sunshine to the mobile device when flying, coz transmission quality will be affected when the mobile device is being hot. Please try to cool the mobile device, switch it to airplane mode to test again. Let me know if it is the same result.
2017-11-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Mascupz Posted at 2017-11-20 13:37
I have the same problems, and flight record can't be read by dji go

May I know the mobile device you are using? And could you please provide me with the details of the flight record reading issue? Would like to check more. Some screenshots are highly appreciated.
2017-11-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Nelsonlee Posted at 2017-11-20 18:04
Mine also the same after updated to V4.1.18 Go 4 apps to my Samsung Galaxy Note 8 the live view lagging.....

Sorry for the trouble, please try the way I mentioned at 9#, if it doesn't help, please wait patiently for the next update and test again.
2017-11-20
Use props
fans22dc6a91
lvl.2
Flight distance : 56759 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Honor 8 (on the compatible list) was a camera and styling facelift of the Honor 7.  It's the same chipset but runs a smidge faster.

The Honor 7 has been fine with DJI Apps for the last 24 months so I don't accept this as a compatibility issue.  I also think the "compatibility list" is actually a "tested with" list.  The pessimist me also wonders if this is a cunning ploy to get us all to buy official hardware (the Crystal Sky perhaps?!) or just a rogue software problem that's not been diagnosed yet.

With reports of devices running hot also points to CPU load issue.  I wonder if complaints about battery life will soon start to emerge.

Interestingly, a friend with an iPhone 7 has started experiencing "excessive CPU load warnings" since the iOS app update.  One can only assume the iPhone 7 is on the compatible list.
2017-11-20
Use props
fansfb1bf277
lvl.3
Ukraine

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-20 19:44
Sorry for the trouble, please try the way I mentioned at 9#, if it doesn't help, please wait patiently for the next update and test again.

Please stop treating customers as alpha testers. Dji must now act and remove recent faulty versions from app stores on both android and ios. Dji's latest experiments since version .10 already caused the loss of drones for several people here on these forums. I am sure there are more. Please publish latest most stable version of dji go for both android and ios built before the experiments, so people can use their drones confidently.
2017-11-20
Use props
fansfb1bf277
lvl.3
Ukraine

Dji must realise that stability is more important that experimental new features while in the air. In case for experiments there should be a separate distribution channel for beta versions for people willing to test. Dji go app on the official channel must be the most stable. Dji could even fork Go app into 2 - stable and experimental. Most people don't need new features. They need existing ones to be stable and reliable.
Dji please act now as Go app development is in crisis state.
2017-11-20
Use props
Nelsonlee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2779203 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-20 19:44

No worry Sir, I just inform you that i have the same issues for the go apps only, the video recorded are fine only the live view is lagging. Hope the next update will solve the issues.
2017-11-21
Use props
Mascupz
lvl.1
Indonesia

I'm using Sony Xperia z3
Screenshot_20171121-220439.png
2017-11-21
Use props
Mascupz
lvl.1
Indonesia

My magic just right infront of me, but look at the the map, so far away. And the height telemetry at 36m, and the distance at 60m
_20171121_222704.JPG
2017-11-21
Use props
fansfb1bf277
lvl.3
Ukraine

Mascupz Posted at 2017-11-21 07:31
My magic just right infront of me, but look at the the map, so far away. And the height telemetry at 36m, and the distance at 60m

what telemetry does remote controller display? it is good or bad?
2017-11-21
Use props
randy.sauder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872572 ft
Canada

DanTron Posted at 2017-11-20 13:32

I am having/had these EXACT problems!  Exact.  It all happened precisely when 'upgrading' to v 4.15.  I upgraded just before going on a trip to Maui and was shocked to find my Mavic with this bug.  I tried everything.  In another forum over the past several days I was posting my issues and being stepped through possible solutions by a couple users including DJI Thor.  With only a couple days left on Maui I was desperate to get some quality flying done! Thor made a mention of 'compatible phone'  - mine was the OnePlus; never had issues with v 4.10 or lower so I know it is not the phone.   However my two sons have each a Sony Experia Z5 Premium and the Z3.  The Z3 is on DJI's 'compatibility' list and even though the Z5 is a superior spec, I took my son's Z3 and loaded Go4 app onto it.  

Mavic flew nearly flawless until near end of flight, then the VIDEO STUDDERED and I lost ability to RTH or control the mavic (many details in another post of mine in different forum).

I LOST MY MAVIC BECAUSE OF THIS ISSUE!   I'm a very experienced flier.  I can't believe this happened at all.  This was a very basic flight for me and there were no flight conditions that were of concern (except for being near water over beach).  I've been flying well withing VLOS because of the video issue.  My Mavic auto-landed after losing power as it was unresponsive (read: lag! lag! lag!) to my commands.  Could not locate Mavic at it's last known GPS coordinates.  It's gone.  All because of the video lag issue and the snowball effect of errors that led to it getting lost.  I hope and trust DJI will replace with DJI Care..but I don't have it recovered and that fact scares me   My personal error was that I should have returned it earlier to me as this would have bought time and I might have got the video back before the battery drain became an issue...but at some point you have to have some basic confidence in the controls.  The Mavic was only a 10s flight away from me when I returned it at end of flight (attempted).
Normally, with this issue even I should have been able to manage the situation because of my experience and VLOS ect; unfortunately not this time.  Devastated.  
2017-11-21
Use props
randy.sauder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872572 ft
Canada

fansfb1bf277 Posted at 2017-11-21 08:15
what telemetry does remote controller display? it is good or bad?

As I've posted that I have this exact issue I also noticed an issue with the telemetry data on the RC versus the phone/app.

I also experienced this issue, not sure if others here have also: upon take-off (a few times) the app would report "Limited to 30m height / 100m " restriction.  However I had never been restricted in any way.  My theory on this error is related to the lag issues.  One issue when I had the video lag was that I also could not take pictures and/or switch video to camera mode without a huge lag/delay between pressing the button in the app and the command being recognized.   My theory with the flight restriction issue is that the app is not passing it's "max altitude" and "max flight distance" information properly into the app's memory/settings.  I noticed that both in one case were both zero even though I had entered in my settings (normally a return to home alt of 20-30m or as per local conditions, and max flight alt of 90m).  It seems to me with v 4.15, that these two settings aren't being 'read' correctly by the app---there is a lag between entering and the app registering these...and this is my theory on why sometimes I got the 30m restriction warning BUT actually never was restricted...
2017-11-21
Use props
DanTron
New
Flight distance : 54797 ft
Australia

WTF DJI!!
I took my Mavic to the beach today (26C and 5-15kph wind). I thought at worst I could fly it VLOS if things go wrong. Things went wrong and then got worse. After less than 30 seconds in the air the video feed was unrecognizable. I though well at least I can line up a few shots LOS (line of sight) and snap a few photos... NOPE. After just a few minutes the app read Aircraft Disconnected and my flight controls STOPPED WORKING!! The controller, not just the app was completely frozen and the aircraft was hovering over the waves less than 50 meters away... after about 60 seconds the aircraft looked like it was RTH but I was planning on hand catching it so it wouldn't get sand all up in it. But you can't hand catch if you HAVE NO CONTROL!! Don't panic. Kill App. Shutdown controller. Disconnect phone. Reboot controller. I was able to regain control just a few seconds before it was about to hit the sand. Using ONLY the controller, no app.

At first I was very impressed with the Mavic but now I have to say I have ALMOST ZERO confidence in flying the Mavic.
I don't have DJI Care because I believe if I crash my Mavic because of pilot error, it's my own damn fault.
However, if an app update causes me to loose my drone... You better believe that I won't be getting another one from DJI and I'll make damn sure my story is told.

randy.sauder I'm sorry to hear you lost your drone. If that happened to me... well I hope "DJI Care" takes care of you.

fansfb1bf277 you're right they need to test their apps before releasing them onto the public.
Most apps in the App Store can't cause physical harm or loss of >$1000 within a few seconds but the DJI Go 4 app can.
DJI if you want to keep your good name in drone technology you can't have drones falling from the sky because you didn't properly test your software.

Ok I'm done with my rant, for now.  
2017-11-22
Use props
ber31
lvl.1
France

Same issue as my collegues  ...

I have a  ''no  signal''  displayed on the screen of my  Android 5./1 Moto X smartphone  and no video or corrupted video . I have uninstalled and reinstalled the last version of Dji go 4  ( 4. 1. 18 ) , change smartphone ( moto G3 2015 vs Moto X   ) , try different  cables ( between controller and smartphone) , empty SD card , check gimbal connectors/ wires , etc…without success .

I have noticed that on the radio controller the icon of the radio signal strength is  varying from 1 to 5 periodically ( every 2or 3 seconds ) and on the  screen of the smartphone the equivalent icon is stable and showing a good and stable ( not varying ) signal …

In my opinion since the end of september the new issued releases cause  more and more   problems .

I am waiting for a new rugged release of Dji go 4  ( holly wish )
2017-11-22
Use props
RobsonRSA
New
Brazil

fansfb1bf277 Posted at 2017-11-20 14:34
download here
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dj ... o-4-4-1-10-release/
10x - phone, 20x - tablet

Hey! First of all, thanks for the tips to solve the issue after last update of DJI GO 4. I had the same problem with the image lagging and i found this forum and your message so i followed what u said and it worked! God bless u!!!
2017-11-22
Use props
Mascupz
lvl.1
Indonesia

Have anybody try new firmware and software?
2017-11-23
Use props
Yetcha
lvl.1
Flight distance : 314288 ft
France

Same problem on Xperia ZX and Xperia Z3 with v.4.1.18..... Recording are ok, but live video freeze or lag...DJI please, solve the problem as soon as possible!!!
2017-11-24
Use props
LadyMavic2
lvl.1
New Zealand

I'm having the exact same issues with my Android phone. Prior to the update it was perfect. Rather frustrating actually. Embarrassing in front of a potential customer.
2017-11-24
Use props
LadyMavic2
lvl.1
New Zealand

GroTToFlyeR Posted at 2017-11-20 14:35
I had app working fine till update then got lag an some other issues. I got a phone with way more gb and flies now best it has. Dji keeps trying to make app better which uses more phone space. Maybe some1 try app on a friend or family members phone and see if same issue.

I did have the same issues with lagging and pixilation. I tried it  on my partners new phone and it works just fine. Doesn't help me though as I won't be buying a new phone or device real soon.
2017-11-24
Use props
MauricioG
New
Argentina

This is some serious BS!! Today I had a paid job (photo, video and some aerials shots) Imagine my surprise when the live view was COMPLETELY UNUSEFUL in the app! And after a few seconds got the "no signal" message even though the mavic was operational with the controller. I had to fly blind in a desperate attempt to get at least a few shots (I got no usable shots by the way), so I had to explain this to my client, leaving me in a very uncomfortable position. YOU SHOULD STOP RELEASING BETA UPDATES OR FINALLY STATE THAT YOUR PRODUCTS ONLY WORK WITH IOS. Stop treating us like  free beta testers or at least let us know that there are some problems with the last update. Today you made me lose money and time, I hate you right now!
2017-11-26
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Damn dji seriously u need to fix the lag in android app my buddy just lost his drone! Because the app was unresponsive!
2017-11-26
Use props
fansf27815ba
New
Flight distance : 7034 ft
United States

This blows my mind. Although my Galaxy J3 Emerge phone is not listed by DJI, it had been working FLAWLESSLY for the last 4 months (since I bought my Mavic).

While out in a remote location on vacation last week I was getting ready to fly the drone and get some video that I had been planning for months. Before the flight it automatically updated against my will. I sent it up only to discover that I had no discernible video feed, green screens, and even a loss of control.

THIS IS ABSURD. I could find no way of going back to what had been working FLAWLESSLY.

Had I known prior to purchasing this drone that I would have no control of these reckless updates I probably would not have made this purchase.

Now that I cannot fly the drone how do I get a refund?

Very sad to see such AWESOME hardware ruined by such pathetic software.
2017-11-26
Use props
Greg.C
lvl.2
Australia

+1 with a Sony Xperia XZ, with .18
I had to RTH as i lost control of the bird and the video feed stopped working, not good
.10 was perfect
2017-11-26
Use props
djiuser_PWH0wea
lvl.2
Flight distance : 728232 ft
Switzerland

Same on galaxy Tab A7, was fine and smooth until the last couple of updates.
I just had to go back to .09 to fly again
2017-11-27
Use props
fansa4992fa6
New
United States

djiuser_PWH0wea Posted at 2017-11-27 03:15

Moto G4 user here.  Same issues, horrid video, app disconnects but controller doesn't.  The worst problem is I've had the controller disconnect from the Mavic, thank God I was hovering at the time.  At first I thought it might be the USB port on the phone, but now I see that I'm far from being alone.
2017-11-27
Use props
ny300z
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2603478 ft
United States

same issues here after upgrading firmware. Really bad hearing people lost their drones because of this. Tried in multiple locations, mutliple flights and its just the video transmission not the recording. Some flights are worse then others but super unstable.

I have no idea how DJI can put out a firmware that doesn't work perfectly. Its dangerous and expensive to fix if something goes wrong. There is no way the people in this thread are the first ones experiencing this. What did DJI test it on 3 drones for a handful or flights? cmon, I love the company but this is ridiculous. If a business vendor of mine rushed out unstable software they would axed immediately.

2017-11-27
Use props
djiuser_zwJQ3tP
New
Romania

Same issue here, laggy video, app crashing.. Lenovo K4 Note.
2017-11-27
Use props
fansf27815ba
New
United States

djiuser_PWH0wea Posted at 2017-11-27 03:15

I am new to all this. How do you go back to an older version of the app?

As I had previously stated, mine worked FLAWLESSLY until it automatically updated, but I have found no way of going BACK to what was working flawlessly.

Also, based on my experience, this problem is with the APP update, not the firmware update. Mine started acting crazy after the app update but BEFORE I had done a firmware update.
2017-11-27
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

fansf27815ba Posted at 2017-11-27 13:26
I am new to all this. How do you go back to an older version of the app?

As I had previously stated, mine worked FLAWLESSLY until it automatically updated, but I have found no way of going BACK to what was working flawlessly.

Use this for the 4.1.10 App. Older Dji apps
I agree it's the app. The new firmware works as it should but the new app should newer have been released as it is. For the firmware it works on Dji 4.1.10 app and also with Litchi so something is right in it.  
2017-11-27
Use props
fansf27815ba
New
United States

G_Sig Posted at 2017-11-27 15:21
I agree it's the app. The new firmware works as it should but the new app should newer have been released as it is. For the firmware it works on Dji 4.1.10 app and also with Litchi so something is right in it.

Are you sure this is the older app? It says version 4.1.18
2017-11-27
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

fansf27815ba Posted at 2017-11-27 15:35
Are you sure this is the older app? It says version 4.1.18

Scroll down the site, there are links for 4.1.15 and 4.1.10 also.
2017-11-27
Use props
fansf27815ba
New
United States

G_Sig Posted at 2017-11-27 15:21

Thank you very much. I will give it a try.

Just finished talking with tech support. They said there was no way to get the old app back on my phone.
2017-11-27
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules