Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Go 4 (Android) Update causes laggy/broken video on Mavic Pro
123Next >
13086 82 2017-11-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans79f11d44
New
Flight distance : 10423 ft
United States

I have this problem and was hoping to find a solution. I found that it is a huge problem and I purchased a $ 1000 rock.
2017-11-27
Use props
G_Sig
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

fansf27815ba Posted at 2017-11-27 15:35
Are you sure this is the older app? It says version 4.1.18

Just remember to force stop, clear cache and uninstall the old app in Settings, Application, Application manager before install.
2017-11-27
Use props
fans79f11d44
New
Flight distance : 10423 ft
United States

DanTron Posted at 2017-11-22 02:13
WTF DJI!!
I took my Mavic to the beach today (26C and 5-15kph wind). I thought at worst I could fly it VLOS if things go wrong. Things went wrong and then got worse. After less than 30 seconds in the air the video feed was unrecognizable. I though well at least I can line up a few shots LOS (line of sight) and snap a few photos... NOPE. After just a few minutes the app read Aircraft Disconnected and my flight controls STOPPED WORKING!! The controller, not just the app was completely frozen and the aircraft was hovering over the waves less than 50 meters away... after about 60 seconds the aircraft looked like it was RTH but I was planning on hand catching it so it wouldn't get sand all up in it. But you can't hand catch if you HAVE NO CONTROL!! Don't panic. Kill App. Shutdown controller. Disconnect phone. Reboot controller. I was able to regain control just a few seconds before it was about to hit the sand. Using ONLY the controller, no app.

I am upset that I have a new Mavic at $1000 that is parked on my table until I can fix the video along with an update issue. Either way if you lost it or can't fly it because of their update mistake it's not good.
2017-11-27
Use props
G_Sig
Second Officer
Iceland

fansf27815ba Posted at 2017-11-27 15:42
Thank you very much. I will give it a try.

Just finished talking with tech support. They said there was no way to get the old app back on my phone.

That is right. There is no way to downgrade the app, just uninstall and install the old app. Just be sure to go into Settings and take auto update off for Dji go4.
2017-11-27
Use props
Mr. Mongo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1348 ft
United States

DanTron Posted at 2017-11-20 13:32
I'm having the exact same issue Samsung Note 3 running Android 7.1.2.
It was working great on DJI Go V4.1.10 and is completely not flyable/dangerous to fly on V4.1.15 and V4.1.18
During flight the image quality get's progressively worse to the point at which it is totally unrecognizable and un-flyable!

After the recent update, my S7 Edge was doing the same.  Never had problems previously.  This morning, I had an Android update on my phone and the problem seems to be gone.  I'll know for sure when I take it outside and do some more as I've only done some testing today in the house.
2017-11-27
Use props
Yetcha
lvl.1
Flight distance : 314288 ft
France

Well, i downgrading to v4.1.10 with an apk here : https://apkpure.com/dji-go-4-for-drones-since-p4/dji.go.v4 (check the bottom of screen) and it's ok. But i'm waiting for real good update from DJI. This is not really acceptable to have to do this to enjoy my drone. DJI have to react very very fast for their customers...
2017-11-28
Use props
smeier_ch
lvl.2
Switzerland

Same problem here on Xperia. Worked fine until 14.1.10
Since then i got the video lag first and with .18 video is gone completely.   WHATS UP DJI? Your product becomes unusable!

I'm trying now the GO App downgrade, just hope this will work.
2017-11-28
Use props
smeier_ch
lvl.2
Switzerland

smeier_ch Posted at 2017-11-28 04:13
Same problem here on Xperia. Worked fine until 14.1.10
Since then i got the video lag first and with .18 video is gone completely.   WHATS UP DJI? Your product becomes unusable!

Went back to 14.1.10 GO App, looks like I'm back in the game.
Has DJI no quality control?
And: not a word from official support....   :-(
2017-11-28
Use props
Keule
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Today, Nov. 28, 2017. Google Play Store showed a new build of GO4 - It still shows v4.1.18. but Build 2027953. Maybe it fixes the problems with the video feed on Android devices.
2017-11-28
Use props
ny300z
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2603478 ft
United States

Keule Posted at 2017-11-28 09:27
Today, Nov. 28, 2017. Google Play Store showed a new build of GO4 - It still shows v4.1.18. but Build 2027953. Maybe it fixes the problems with the video feed on Android devices.

yea just noticed this too and i updated it. Have not tested flying yet.
2017-11-28
Use props
fansfb1bf277
lvl.3
Flight distance : 104449 ft
Ukraine

are there anybody who has tried the "new" 4.1.18 (429-googlePlay) ?
start time increased again, it was 25 seconds, now 27
for .14 it was 15 seconds, for .10 - less than 10 seconds

2017-11-28
Use props
djiuser_VwfX5un
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I have try v4.1.18  yesterday and is worse I am using Samsung s7edge ,also it take longer to pick up the gps signal and then gimbal warning message too ...
2017-11-28
Use props
fansfb1bf277
lvl.3
Ukraine

djiuser_VwfX5un Posted at 2017-11-28 10:01
I have try v4.1.18  yesterday and is worse I am using Samsung s7edge ,also it take longer to pick up the gps signal and then gimbal warning message too ...

.18 gets updated again today, version not changed
2017-11-28
Use props
djiuser_zwJQ3tP
New
Spain

I tried the new version, video preview is a bit laggy, but much better. The app crashed a couple of times.
2017-11-29
Use props
Yetcha
lvl.1
Flight distance : 314288 ft
France

I prefer stay on the app downgrade before a real big update...
2017-11-30
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

I flew with the 4.1.18 version without problems.

MP platinum, Samsung note 5.

Actually I had problems when flying with the Spark.
2017-11-30
Use props
randy.sauder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 872572 ft
Canada

WTF DJI!!
I took my Mavic to the beach today (26C and 5-15kph wind). I thought at worst I could fly it VLOS if things go wrong. Things went wrong and then got worse. After less than 30 seconds in the air the video feed was unrecognizable. I though well at least I can line up a few shots LOS (line of sight) and snap a few photos... NOPE. After just a few minutes the app read Aircraft Disconnected and my flight controls STOPPED WORKING!! The controller, not just the app was completely frozen and the aircraft was hovering over the waves less than 50 meters away... after about 60 seconds the aircraft looked like it was RTH but I was planning on hand catching it so it wouldn't get sand all up in it. But you can't hand catch if you HAVE NO CONTROL!! Don't panic. Kill App. Shutdown controller. Disconnect phone. Reboot controller. I was able to regain control just a few seconds before it was about to hit the sand. Using ONLY the controller, no app.

Hey- just saw you mention me in this post.   .  I haven't had any resolution yet to my issue (App faulty) of losing my Mavic due to this defective software version (v4.15).  I was hoping DJI Thor was handling my case via these forum posts (mine) but I have to initiate this officially with DJI support via email --- doing this right now as I've been very busy since losing my Mavic almost 2 weeks ago in Maui.  Yesterday I got a post/reply from Thor and it has me worried.  Sounds like I am being prepared for the possibility that somehow it won't be replaced.  He commented on the fact that even thought the software was defective, I could have been able to control the Mavic via the RC controller in any event.  This normally is mostly true to an degree (but not in this case)...but as I experienced and posted in these forums (and you did exactly here above) I TOO WAS HAVING ISSUES with control and telemetry data on the RC controller itself (not JUST the app!).  Both issues affected my flight to the point it was lost.  I am very experienced flier and still can't believe this happened!  I am hoping DJI will see the logic in all this and give me a new Mavic as I did my due dilligence and also did all I could do during the flight and honestly don't feel I made any personal errors (I would own up to this IF i did ).  I my case there was 100% warranty issue with the app and I highly suspect this issue affected the RC controller as I experience the same issues you did at the time of my loss.  Also I have both active warranty AND Care Refresh Insurance...so I hope and trust they would replace mine even though it could not be recovered as 100% both issues impacted even my ability to recover my Mavic.  I'll update you on my case as you I think would be interested...take care.
2017-12-3
Use props
yolesnoobs123
lvl.2
Flight distance : 553602 ft
Sri Lanka

I have exactly the same issue after recent updates with Nexus 6. I was blaming my phone and was even going to buy a new one because of this, but gonna try 4.1.10 at first.
2017-12-15
Use props
yolesnoobs123
lvl.2
Sri Lanka

btw new 4.1.18 android update did not help at all, but everything works like a  charm with 4.1.18 on iPhone 6s.
2017-12-15
Use props
yolesnoobs123
lvl.2
Sri Lanka

Unfortunately, 4.1.10 app works the same for me, there is a huge delay between data shown on controller and data in the app.
For example, If I fly forward for 10 seconds, RC shows distance and speed changes correctly in real time, but the app would start showing changes in 5-15 seconds when the drone is already stopped and hovering.
There is also a delay in video feed and it takes the same amount of time (10-15 seconds) to focus or take a photo.
2017-12-15
Use props
yolesnoobs123
lvl.2
Sri Lanka

I contacted DJI support and here is their reply:
--
We are very sorry to hear about the problem you are having with your DJI product. Unfortunately after troubleshooting we suggest that you should use one of the compatibel devices.
---

This is frustrating.
2017-12-18
Use props
Beka Baka
lvl.1

Ukraine

Have the same problem on officially supported device Asus Nexus 7 2013. Found the device only for flights because all users reported flawless work. It's true up to version 4.1.10, all newer are completely unusable due to broken and laggy video (example of mess from cache: https://photos.app.goo.gl/pP638YMIgnDnkc073 . Also lag is up to five seconds). The device is still on the list of supported devices, and I'm sure that since DJI didin't fix it still December, they will not fix the problem at all and the device will be simply removed from the list soon. This is more than frustrating.
2018-2-14
Use props
randy.sauder
lvl.4
Canada

fansfb1bf277 Posted at 2017-11-20 23:39
Please stop treating customers as alpha testers. Dji must now act and remove recent faulty versions from app stores on both android and ios. Dji's latest experiments since version .10 already caused the loss of drones for several people here on these forums. I am sure there are more. Please publish latest most stable version of dji go for both android and ios built before the experiments, so people can use their drones confidently.

Hi, I lost my Mavic in Nov 100% because of this lag issue (exactly as you detail).  Today they just finished 'analyzing' my flight data and came back to say 'non-warranty issue' and I'm SOL.  Question for you: I found your posts regarding this issue and wonder if you have come across any info where DJI admits to or provides any info that their version of the app in this period of time suffered from a coding defect that caused this problem...I''m asking because it is obvious that the flight data itself does not report any issues due to the app having a 'defect' in it's code that caused this performance issue for so many and yet it is my flight data that DJI is using to say 'they found nothing wrong'.   So I'm hoping there is proof out there directly disclosed by DJI that their v4.1.15/18 suffered from this problem.  It HAS to be the reason why they very quickly removed/updated these versions.  If I can find this info that proves this, then maybe DJI will side with my version of the evidence of how I lost my Mavic (because the data on it's own simply looks like I crashed my drone which I did not, it was lost due to complications in me controlling it when the video feed dissappeared).  I've posted tons on this.  Appreciated my friend.
2018-2-15
Use props
fansfb1bf277
lvl.3
Ukraine

I don't remember dji ever publicly aknowledged a problem with their software and recall it. They just release new versions for customers to test.
2018-2-16
Use props
Arkel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39626 ft

Belgium

Well... I think that this place is a good sandbox for DJI.

All people getting troubles and who want to complain about it are coming here. Only DJI employees and DJI medels owners like us are seeing it.
So the fact that customers are just considered as free beta testers is only know from them.
Perhaps we should complain more on Youtube, Facebook and other websites to get satisfaction from DJI ;-)
2018-2-17
Use props
theperfectline
lvl.1

New Zealand

Arkel Posted at 2018-2-17 14:13
Well... I think that this place is a good sandbox for DJI.

All people getting troubles and who want to complain about it are coming here. Only DJI employees and DJI medels owners like us are seeing it.

100% Agree - I will be making a video review - http://www.youtube.com/theperfectline - .

This messed up two events I was filming professionally, pre-update working perfectly for over a year, following the latest firmware I ground tested well before the event no problem, but soon as the craft is airborne it presents the problems - 4-5 seconds of lag and 50% off the screen would pixel out during flight - completely unflyable. useless!

Luckily a friend had an iPhone I could borrow to continue shooting at one of the events.

Reverting back to APP version P4 4.1.10 fixes the problem. And where is FB Live for Pages on Android? Don't advertise and sell me features then limit them to iOS only!

As already suggested DJI, how about a stable version & beta version split.
2018-3-5
Use props
smeier_ch
lvl.2
Switzerland

theperfectline Posted at 2018-3-5 12:52
100% Agree - I will be making a video review - www.youtube.com/theperfectline - .

This messed up two events I was filming professionally, pre-update working perfectly for over a year, following the latest firmware I ground tested well before the event no problem, but soon as the craft is airborne it presents the problems - 4-5 seconds of lag and 50% off the screen would pixel out during flight - completely unflyable. useless!

I started commenting on Facebook and Youtube about it, maybe this will motivate them to at least comment on the issue? I don't think they are going to change anything, they already have our money....  

I'll not forget this kind of behaviour, DJI!
2018-3-18
Use props
fans512aa285
New

United States

Galaxy t700 latest updates, mavic Pro brand new. Video all broken and choppy on my Galaxy. Mavic runs fine but one can't see what it sees. Had a vision 2 and it never did work properly with the tablet and I gave up on it. I'm about ready to take this thing to the dump also. You spend a lot of money the thing should work.
2018-3-28
Use props
MADA2365
lvl.1

I'm having the same problems to. Please could we have a fix on this issue
2018-3-28
Use props
randy.sauder
lvl.4
Canada

WTF DJI!!
I took my Mavic to the beach today (26C and 5-15kph wind). I thought at worst I could fly it VLOS if things go wrong. Things went wrong and then got worse. After less than 30 seconds in the air the video feed was unrecognizable. I though well at least I can line up a few shots LOS (line of sight) and snap a few photos... NOPE. After just a few minutes the app read Aircraft Disconnected and my flight controls STOPPED WORKING!! The controller, not just the app was completely frozen and the aircraft was hovering over the waves less than 50 meters away... after about 60 seconds the aircraft looked like it was RTH but I was planning on hand catching it so it wouldn't get sand all up in it. But you can't hand catch if you HAVE NO CONTROL!! Don't panic. Kill App. Shutdown controller. Disconnect phone. Reboot controller. I was able to regain control just a few seconds before it was about to hit the sand. Using ONLY the controller, no app.

Hi DonTron.  Just reviewing these (old) posts....as of today I have still not got a proper resolution through DJI support on my case.  Recall that I and MANY others suffered from the defect in GO4 v 4.1.15 'update'.  In my case I had the EXACT issues you did but unfortunately I could not recover from the situation and it led to a likely tree landing (was never recovered).  

I am going through these posts in order to collect similar/exact issues that other people had at the time so as to help with my case.  I fear that DJI will ONLY look at the flight data file in making their determination of fault which is crazy---the app seems to NOT record any of these defects/issues (b/c of course apps don't report problems for which they don't have error codes for or) and to my detriment, the actual flight data file is INSIDE the Mavic which was not recovered.  I too during my final flight had the Aircraft Disconnect and zero response from the controller and app (for a short time, long enough for my battery to go critical and at some point my inputs were responding in the mavic b/c the flight data shows there was a response).

Not sure if you can shed any more info on this issue or if you experienced it again.  I have not flown since Nov 17th...the day I donated my Mavic to Maui (or should I say DJI 'donated' it on my behalf! ).

What is very upsetting is lately I am seeing several cases where people have fly-aways (usually with the Mavic Air) and there is no defect info inside their flight logs and DJI is fully replacing theirs under warranty!  My rant here is over, I had to just reply since seeing so many people with the exact issue and DJI not owning up to their responsibility is very bothersome.  Take care.
2018-6-5
Use props
randy.sauder
lvl.4
Canada

$gambino$ Posted at 2017-11-26 19:52
Damn dji seriously u need to fix the lag in android app my buddy just lost his drone! Because the app was unresponsive!

Hi $gambino$.  I lost my Mavic b/c of the DJI app (v4.1.15) defect (video transmission, lag, app/aircraft disconnect).  I am gathering info about others who had this exact issue and your post mentions you buddy losing his Mavic also.  Are you able to point/link me to any info your friend may have posted or what his outcome with DJI was?  I today, am still having issues with DJI taking any responsibility for the app defect; and unfortunately with this app issue there is not any data in the app flight log to show these issues (to DJI it looks like a 'perfect' flight without errors ...FAR from the actual truth   ).  Appreciated!
2018-6-5
Use props
dreadnaught213
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36191 ft

Hi, sorry to jump in here but I've come upon a problem and this one looks very similar. It's probably been about 3 weeks at least since I've flown last and had not made any recent updates then. Tonight I went to take a pre-flight test before going out tomorrow and booted up to do a quick fly around and was met with my controller not connecting to the Mavic Pro. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and had no luck initializing connection. I returned inside to update the firmware of the drone and remote and after performing the updates, returned outside. I was able to connect to the drone but the app was VERYYYY laggy and would notify me that I was not running the correct firmware (that I just downloaded). I eventually made in into the flight screen however upon rolling my right controller wheel for exposure, the app readout was unresponsive to the change, it was getting dark so it was hard to tell if the drone responded either. I then also realized my video was fluctuating in and out of heavy pixilation and a very fuzzy picture. I tried reinstalling the software but no effect, so as of this point I have a $900 paperweight.
2018-6-16
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

dreadnaught213 Posted at 2018-6-16 19:05
Hi, sorry to jump in here but I've come upon a problem and this one looks very similar. It's probably been about 3 weeks at least since I've flown last and had not made any recent updates then. Tonight I went to take a pre-flight test before going out tomorrow and booted up to do a quick fly around and was met with my controller not connecting to the Mavic Pro. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and had no luck initializing connection. I returned inside to update the firmware of the drone and remote and after performing the updates, returned outside. I was able to connect to the drone but the app was VERYYYY laggy and would notify me that I was not running the correct firmware (that I just downloaded). I eventually made in into the flight screen however upon rolling my right controller wheel for exposure, the app readout was unresponsive to the change, it was getting dark so it was hard to tell if the drone responded either. I then also realized my video was fluctuating in and out of heavy pixilation and a very fuzzy picture. I tried reinstalling the software but no effect, so as of this point I have a $900 paperweight.

What device are you using?
2018-6-16
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

dreadnaught213 Posted at 2018-6-16 19:05
Hi, sorry to jump in here but I've come upon a problem and this one looks very similar. It's probably been about 3 weeks at least since I've flown last and had not made any recent updates then. Tonight I went to take a pre-flight test before going out tomorrow and booted up to do a quick fly around and was met with my controller not connecting to the Mavic Pro. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and had no luck initializing connection. I returned inside to update the firmware of the drone and remote and after performing the updates, returned outside. I was able to connect to the drone but the app was VERYYYY laggy and would notify me that I was not running the correct firmware (that I just downloaded). I eventually made in into the flight screen however upon rolling my right controller wheel for exposure, the app readout was unresponsive to the change, it was getting dark so it was hard to tell if the drone responded either. I then also realized my video was fluctuating in and out of heavy pixilation and a very fuzzy picture. I tried reinstalling the software but no effect, so as of this point I have a $900 paperweight.

Try backing off the Mavic Pro's firmware to .0200 or .0100.
To be safe, best back off R.C. firmware off to same revision as Mavic Pro.
2018-6-16
Use props
djiuser_jgQrmqMuYoig
lvl.1
Flight distance : 46631 ft

Same problem with the Samsung tab s3 camera is terrible and I had the Lenovo tab 4 which was recommended that was terrible aswell iPad air 2 was fine but I'm not an iOS user, I just think they've done something to make android non compatible, fed up with it
2018-8-12
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1883940 ft
United States

djiuser_jgQrmqMuYoig Posted at 2018-8-12 11:49
Same problem with the Samsung tab s3 camera is terrible and I had the Lenovo tab 4 which was recommended that was terrible aswell iPad air 2 was fine but I'm not an iOS user, I just think they've done something to make android non compatible, fed up with it

Try to downgrade the app. 4.2.12 or 4.2.14 seem to work a bit better. Not 100% but better. DJI has ignored this for months and months. They don't seem to care if it works for Android or not.
2018-8-13
Use props
mikeyC
New
Flight distance : 348914 ft
Canada

i tried to downgrade to a pervious version but I keep getting an error stating that the file is corrupt. I tried to download from other mirror site same issue. I dont really know why i cannot install the .apk  any ideas as to why I cannot install on my LG G5 ?
2018-8-13
Use props
mikeyC
New
Flight distance : 348914 ft
Canada

G_Sig Posted at 2017-11-27 15:21
Use this for the 4.1.10 App. Older Dji apps
I agree it's the app. The new firmware works as it should but the new app should newer have been released as it is. For the firmware it works on Dji 4.1.10 app and also with Litchi so something is right in it.

Hi, I tried to download other builds of previous version but when I try to install them from my phine LG G5 it tells me the file is corrupt and bombs out. I tried this from other mirror sites , different builds all with the same result. I have not idea why I cannot install a previous version, any help would be greatly aoppreciated.
2018-8-13
Use props
G_Sig
Second Officer
Iceland

mikeyC Posted at 2018-8-13 17:41
Hi, I tried to download other builds of previous version but when I try to install them from my phine LG G5 it tells me the file is corrupt and bombs out. I tried this from other mirror sites , different builds all with the same result. I have not idea why I cannot install a previous version, any help would be greatly aoppreciated.

This might help.
How-to-install-apps-outside-of-google-play
2018-8-14
Use props
Towlie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 597795 ft
United States

My drone crashed as a result of this issue and I spent a great deal of time getting it repaired while on vacation.

DJI takes no responsibility for their role in this crash and refuses to compensate me for the repair expenses.  The first post around this was Nov 20th of last year.
DJI has done nothing to fix it!

Has anyone considered a class action against them for their role in this?  They are breaking devices in the field that otherwise are in good working order.  That's just not right!
2018-8-20
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules