Motor obstruction on spark causes Plummet to earth.
977 8 2017-11-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sean97
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7277 ft
United States

Hi, There I just purchased a DJI Spark and have flown for a week or so. I decided to take it up on a foggy morning to get a shot rising out of the mist. It went up 60 feet and then the motors became obstructed. How can this have happened? Moisture? Thicker air?  It came down swiftly and took some of my finger with it. Ouch.
Should I send it in to be looked at?

2017-11-20
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Post your flight log and let someone take a look.  I would definitely send back
2017-11-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We are sorry to read about the accident. Does the drone get damaged?
We recommend to send in the drone for data analysis, our team will try their best to find out the reason.
Here is the link to obtain our support: https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav
2017-11-20
Use props
fans3f10abd7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44918 ft
Singapore

hi Sean, so what happen in the end? i got the same issue, was hovering above sea about 5-10metres. suddenly ac took a spin and flew into water. error shows 'motor obstruction' i am totally stunned and devastated .
2019-2-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans3f10abd7 Posted at 2-28 21:03
hi Sean, so what happen in the end? i got the same issue, was hovering above sea about 5-10metres. suddenly ac took a spin and flew into water. error shows 'motor obstruction' i am totally stunned and devastated .

Sorry to read the accident. If the unit is under warranty period, please kindly contact our support here to start a case, we'll arrange data analysis and offer you a proper solution.
2019-2-28
Use props
Mavic_Joe
lvl.4
Singapore

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-28 23:30
Sorry to read the accident. If the unit is under warranty period, please kindly contact our support here to start a case, we'll arrange data analysis and offer you a proper solution.

Hi Mindy, thks for your reply...

Have already got a case for mine. thks for your offer..

im just totally devastated by the sudden plunge of my 1 month drone into water.
it was hovering for a min 5-7 metres off the groung, 50 metres away from me or so, while i was adjusting the settings for photo taking. no movement at all , then sudden drop due to error 'motor obstruction' after i review the flight logs.
question is , it was hovering in mid air, without any wire/cable/ trees etc around it.
how come the motor got a sudden obstruction.  understand from other forum, once drone in salt water means dead drone.
just hope dji get to the bottom of this , and enlighten me.
also hope i wouldnt need to fork out more money which most users in other forum told me so.
2019-3-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Mavic_Joe Posted at 3-1 00:07
Hi Mindy, thks for your reply...

Have already got a case for mine. thks for your offer..

Joe, our data analysis team will do their best to figure out what happened and provide the proper resolution, please follow our support's guide, thank you.
2019-3-2
Use props
Mavic_Joe
lvl.4
Singapore

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-2 00:07
Joe, our data analysis team will do their best to figure out what happened and provide the proper resolution, please follow our support's guide, thank you.

Hi Mindy,

Have already got i touch with you guys.
Just sent some datas as requested by your investigating team.
Hopefully you guys will deliver a fair and favourable conclusion for me.

I would also like to take this oppuntunity to praise such a awesome support line dji have it over there.
Spoken to Carl, Zel , Lars on different occasions, the amount of assistance they offered me is mind blowing! Especially during this distress period of mine, totally nothing compared to the customer service i ever encountered, telco , banks etc.
Dji support line to definately way above!
Congrats on the amazing job !
2019-3-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Mavic_Joe Posted at 3-2 07:42
Hi Mindy,

Have already got i touch with you guys.

Appreciate your kind words about our customer service, we will keep up the great works. Hope there will be a result soon.
2019-3-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules