Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Round the world trip to fly my drone. Where should I go?
1595 12 2017-11-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nottuppaware
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70745 ft
Australia

As the title says, I'm planning a round the world trip sometime mid next year..
So tell me where should I fly my drone for photos and videos ? Is your back yard special, live somewhere that has interesting scenes ?

I'm in Australia so I have that location checked off, I'm also planning Iceland and Switzerland too. I obviously want to go to places I can legally fly my mavic though. Love to hear suggestions!  
2017-11-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Sweden / Norway for sure
2017-11-20
Use props
nottuppaware
lvl.4
Australia

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-11-20 23:44
Sweden / Norway for sure

I have friends in Norway, so thats a no brainer! I've heard Sweden is very restrictive about drones ?
2017-11-21
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Put a blinder on, get a few pin tails and play PIN THE DONKEY TAIL...  
2017-11-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

nottuppaware Posted at 2017-11-21 13:59
I have friends in Norway, so thats a no brainer! I've heard Sweden is very restrictive about drones ?

Ah, great!
Lot's of potential.
Well, not so much anymore. As of this year you are allowed to fly in a lot of places. BUT you must get some kind of permission to publish footage.
https://www.lantmateriet.se/sv/O ... pridningstillstand/

I have not had a drone in Sweden, but I will probably have one next year on our summer holiday.

Some info:
https://www.transportstyrelsen.s ... regler-for-dronare/

Next year, new rules will start for those who fly drones to apply. The biggest change is that the rules will also apply to those who fly privately and that the license requirement for drones up to 7 kilos will disappear.

The main differences between today's regulations are:

All drones weighing less than 150 kilos will be covered by the rules. It will therefore no longer matter if the purpose of the flight is private or commercial.
Droneers used for special activities - military, customs, police, search and rescue, fire fighting, coast guard and accident investigation - are exempted from the rules. For these activities, special conditions apply instead.
The requirement for drones weighing less than 7 kilograms and flying within sight is removed.
This will also be new:

The maximum flight height for the vast majority of drones is 120 meters above ground in uncontrolled air.
Drones under 7 kilograms (flying at max 90 km / h) may fly in an airport control zone without permission if you fly 5 kilometers from the runway and up to 10 or 50m above ground.
If you plan to fly less than 1 kilometer from a helicopter airport, you must contact the affected helicopter airport
All drones shall have a marking with contact details to the owner.
Indoor flights are not covered by the rules.
Simplified requirements when flying in the dark - only lighting requirements.
Simplified permission for drones weighing 7-25 kg and flying within sight.
Possibility of model flying clubs (associations) to continue flying according to their own statutes, after approval by the Transport Agency.
New types of license categories for special types of flights, such as flight out of sight and high altitude.
The time limit on most states is deleted.
2017-11-21
Use props
Hotelone4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 47320 ft
United States

Australia! Oh, wait...
2017-11-21
Use props
nottuppaware
lvl.4
Australia

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-11-21 14:18
Ah, great!
Lot's of potential.
Well, not so much anymore. As of this year you are allowed to fly in a lot of places. BUT you must get some kind of permission to publish footage.

Ahh thanks for the link. Looks similar to most countries I want to visit!
2017-11-21
Use props
nottuppaware
lvl.4
Australia

Hahaha Yes, I really should explore my own place first!
2017-11-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

nottuppaware Posted at 2017-11-21 16:45
Ahh thanks for the link. Looks similar to most countries I want to visit!

They relieved the stress even more
2017-11-22
Use props
Mianmach
lvl.2
Flight distance : 447293 ft
Mexico

Mexico for sure!
2017-11-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Thanks for the participants. Hope you a safe and nice trip!
2017-11-25
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

If You are brave enough come to Bulgaria, Very nice scenery (look here https://www.youtube.com/user/ThePesho00 ) virtually No restriction for flying drones, very few NFZ's. relatively cheap. On a  downside, not the best service but bearable.
2017-11-26
Use props
nottuppaware
lvl.4
Australia

alex_markov Posted at 2017-11-26 01:21
If You are brave enough  come to Bulgaria, Very nice scenery (look here https://www.youtube.com/user/ThePesho00 ) virtually No restriction for flying drones, very few NFZ's. relatively cheap. On a  downside, not the best service  but bearable.

I traveled through Bulgaria last year. I will have to come back !
2017-11-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules