8059 47 2017-11-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Richard in Bois
lvl.3
Flight distance : 34721 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ok DJI geniuses, where do you find in United States law that you have to include a quiz before I person can fly one of your drones in the U.S.?  Let alone you have included geofencing which is not required.  Please explain why you have included this feature in the latest version of your software.
2017-11-20
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

LOL   No genius wrote this test.  Trust me.
2017-11-20
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Plus, I'm guessing that if you take it and pass is stored in the AC maybe to keep you from using a 3rd party app to get around it. I have 3 drones (Spark, Mavic and P4P), and 3 iPad Mini 4s - passing the quiz stayed with the AC, not the app.
2017-11-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Sounds like a fail...
2017-11-20
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

that is also just my thought also when James pointed this new addition to our attention.
2017-11-21
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Richard, I think the knowledge quiz is aim to spread the needed information for pilots and I believe that it won't take you a lot of time to finish it.  
2017-11-21
Use props
M Stuart K
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1267717 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-21 02:42
Richard, I think the knowledge quiz is aim to spread the needed information for pilots and I believe that it won't take you a lot of time to finish it.

DJI Elektra: I have taken it a total of four times and it still keeps popping up on my screen.  I am afraid it will eventually restrict me from starting my aircraft?  
2017-11-21
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
United States

No worries, M Stuart,  it can't do that.
2017-11-21
Use props
surfnhunt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 398625 ft
United States

it might not be able to do that but it sure sounds annoying.
2017-11-21
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
United States

It also gives you the option to skip.
2017-11-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

I do agree that having to do numerous times can become tedious and maybe dji needs to correct this. I do however believe that for all new novice users and those who don’t have a clue it’s something that will do no harm.
2017-11-21
Use props
Drone Man
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3896588 ft
United States

A quiz,
Really ??
Unbelievable.
2017-11-21
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

But I read it in the manual. ;-)

It was only a few months ago, that I for one, had suggested, a Quiz, before being allowed to fly.
Just because your mommy bought you a drone for your birthday, doesn't mean you should be able to fly it, directly out of the box.

No, I feel all new DJI pilots, should have to share their knowledge in a quiz. Prove that you even have a minute clue.
Rather than having them, go out to crash, just to make fools of us all.  High time, we got it right.
If you want to graduate sooner, RTFM, several times, peruse the Go app thoroughly, to become one, with your hobby grade drone.

RedHotPoker
2017-11-21
Use props
m1shootr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 118894 ft
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-11-21 18:10
It was only a few months ago, that I for one, had suggested, a Quiz, before being allowed to fly.
Just because your mommy bought you a drone for your birthday, doesn't mean you should be able to fly it, directly out of the box.

I agree that all should be thoroughly familiar with all phases of uav flight. But, I disagree that a manufacturer should limit flight by geofencing, testing etc. It's like Ford or GM testing the drivers of their products.
2017-11-21
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

m1shootr Posted at 2017-11-21 18:25
I agree that all should be thoroughly familiar with all phases of uav flight. But, I disagree that a manufacturer should limit flight by geofencing, testing etc. It's like Ford or GM testing the drivers of their products.

Be happy it's not a government test, much like applying for your adult driving "permit"!!

Flying these drones, isn't your right, but a distinct privilege. Like or leave it.

Seems to me, the disrespectful pilots, playing shenanigans with a motorized drone, have seriously dropped off the face of the earth. "And I feel fine..."
It was only a few short months ago, that nearly every day, something negative drone wise, was in the news.

Want to buy a gun in Canada, first you need to take a course , then pass the FAC test.
Same thing holds true, for other activities we love to participate in, as well.

I would prefer an intelligent drone pilot, being allowed to fly, opposed to a rank amateur.

Otherwise go out, buy a lovely multi rotor drone, crash it, and be left with memories, and the RC...

Perhaps that would be best. Give you all the freedom, just to turn the communities against us, and them larger populations that don't fly, having good reason to hate us.

These are only my thoughts. With no reflection of DJI policy. Go Ask Brendan. . .;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-11-21
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

As  I was going thru this thread, Best Buy commercial went on TV a minute ago ... Mom and dad are shopping for X-mas, daddy is staring at Mavic with dreamy look on face. Fast forward to Xmas tree gifts scene, mama is grabbing a box with - guess what - Mavic, dad is smiling in euphoria, mama is walking with a box toward him but she doesn't slow down to rest in welcoming arms of beloved husband. She passes by and delivers the box to their 10 yr old son instead, while daddy's jaw drops in disappointment ...

It's going to be a tough year for us ...
2017-11-21
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

That's irresponsible advertising.
They want us to fail, by first pretending it's cool.
Wait until spring, and we shall see all the drones that were returns, piled up...

See, they should have bought that ten year old a high powered rifle instead. Ha

Atleast if the kid fails, it wouldn't reflect on this community.

RedHotPoker

2017-11-21
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

M Stuart K Posted at 2017-11-21 10:37
DJI Elektra: I have taken it a total of four times and it still keeps popping up on my screen.  I am afraid it will eventually restrict me from starting my aircraft?

Please note that you should finish the quiz to continue to use the app. Thanks for your support.
2017-11-22
Use props
m1shootr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 118894 ft
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-11-21 23:07
That's irresponsible advertising.
They want us to fail, by first pretending it's cool.
Wait until spring, and we shall see all the drones that were returns, piled up...

Plus, the rifle has much better resale value.
2017-11-22
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

m1shootr Posted at 2017-11-22 06:49
Plus, the rifle has much better resale value.

Yohoho and a bottle of rum... ;-)

Yes, of course, between them two, the long gun will have more resale value.
Plus, far less restrictions, than our drones already carry. Imagine that...
Who would have ever thought, this would happen? ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-11-22
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-11-22 08:23
Yohoho and a bottle of rum... ;-)

Yes, of course, between them two, the long gun will have more resale value.

Hey Bro, we should open an "E CLASS FOR DJI DRONE KNOWLEDGE TESTS".

Hey we could even say:

Pay $100.00 and we guarantee in writing that you will pass the test and have fun flying your drone.  

But if you don't pass it we will BUY back your useless drone, which you won't be able to fly anymore, for $5.00.  

2017-11-22
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

dronist Posted at 2017-11-22 08:38
Hey Bro, we should open an "E CLASS FOR DJI DRONE KNOWLEDGE TESTS".

Hey we could even say:

That sounds like an incredibly rich idea, you have right there. Money in the bank, pocket full of clink. ;-)

What will we do with all that money, and a garage full of brand spanking new drones? Hahaha

RedHotPoker

2017-11-22
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-11-22 12:16
That sounds like an incredibly rich idea, you have right there. Money in the bank, pocket full of clink. ;-)

What will we do with all that money, and a garage full of brand spanking new drones? Hahaha

Make more dough... Compete with Amazon drone delivery bring prices wayyyyyyyy down...
2017-11-22
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Yeah, that's the goal.

Have the prospective customer, Pay $150.00 for speedy delivery.
Ah, then they get to keep the drone that brought it to them. Haha

That's a win-win situation, around the clock...

RedHotPoker
2017-11-22
Use props
djiuser_xExmlPX
lvl.1
United States

I thought this was some pop up ad that your bombarded with on every site. Since the important update info is in RED I skipped it four times, now I’m locked out of the app. I’ll contact Amazon, who sold me the drone and try to get a refund. I’m sure when Amazon hears of this practice they’ll drop the product.
2017-12-2
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

Comrade, be a good little citizen and take your test then you will be permitted to use your property as the Commissar allows…
2017-12-2
Use props
djiuser_xExmlPX
lvl.1
United States

2017-12-2
Use props
fans10b0d89a
New

United States

This is ridiculous.   The app kept making me take the quiz, but after 4-5 questions, the quiz just crashed...over and over.  While at a major outdoor event, I was then unable to use MY drone.  Tried to delete and reinstall the app.  It’s over 150mb, so WiFi was required.   End result, this ridiculous requirement ruined the entire filming opportunitiy.  This is madness.
2017-12-2
Use props
djiuser_xExmlPX
lvl.1
United States

This crap dosnt work with drunk drivers, won’t work with reckless drone pilots. Jerks will be jerks.
2017-12-2
Use props
RMJovo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1716240 ft
United States

I see it both ways I don’t mind a test once to show I understand the rules of the game, however, I do believe DJI SHOULD NOT BE THE FAA POLICE and policy enforcement stooges.
2017-12-2
Use props
DNR 1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1689478 ft
United States

I do believe that it is only a matter of time before one bad apple ruins everything for all of us. That's how it always goes.
2017-12-3
Use props
fans15f2549e
New
Flight distance : 5020 ft
United States

fans10b0d89a Posted at 2017-12-2 06:53
This is ridiculous.   The app kept making me take the quiz, but after 4-5 questions, the quiz just crashed...over and over.  While at a major outdoor event, I was then unable to use MY drone.  Tried to delete and reinstall the app.  It’s over 150mb, so WiFi was required.   End result, this ridiculous requirement ruined the entire filming opportunitiy.  This is madness.

I having the same issue.  Were you able to find a solution to completing the quiz?
2017-12-3
Use props
Richard in Bois
lvl.3
Flight distance : 34721 ft
  • >>>
United States

You at DJI are missing the point.  It is not your responsibility to test the users of your products.  In this country, as in most countries, the manufactures of automobiles, airplanes, and motorcycles do not not each run a licensing agency.  The privilege of operating these products is monitored and licensed by local governments.  Should our governments determine we need to license the operators of drones, let them be the entities to do so.  It is not  your job, responsibility, or authority to do so.  SO QUIT DOING IT.  All you are doing is adding to the frustration of operating the device.  
2017-12-8
Use props
KerryG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

It takes less time to take the test (which you should only have to complete ONCE per aircraft) than some of you took complaining about it.
2017-12-8
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

The day I registered the AC,  I answered the questions.  100% correct.  I am guessing if you miss 1 or a few, it will come back and start next time you start the app.

Being certified 107,  the test took 2 min.   Hopefully it won't keep coming back to haunt me....... I did think it was a little strange...and skipping it "might be more trouble" than I'd like...

Randy
2017-12-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fans10b0d89a Posted at 2017-12-2 06:53

If you were on a job you could have just deferred it you can do this four times, and it tells you quite clearly, this is not rocket science.
2017-12-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_xExmlPX Posted at 2017-12-2 06:16
https://youtu.be/Ig0_if23dVk

I’d say large in the underpants section, pop up adds .
I know google is an American company founder of the pop up adds, does this make them American bast***s . Racial comments not needed around here.

there is only one it’s a basic simple quiz takes less than two minutes.
2017-12-8
Use props
Anokadrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 58327 ft

United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-12-8 09:37
I’d say large in the underpants section, pop up adds .
I know google is an American company founder of the pop up adds, does this make them American bast***s . Racial comments not needed around here.

I agree....pretty uncalled for.  My advise is put your big boy pants on and just take the cute little quizzy and if you cant pass put it down and step away from the RC.  You have no business using that piece of equipment in the first place.  

If you pass it and it leaves a bad taste in your mouth, just remember:  (Just a spoon full of sugar helps the medicine go down, the medicine go down, the medicine go down......etc.)  
2017-12-8
Use props
NewGramps
lvl.1
Flight distance : 115112 ft
United States

IMHO, those of you outside the US who think this is a good idea are welcome to stay where you are. Those of you inside the US who think this is a good idea should:

1) Review the excellent comments above on why you’re wtong, and:
2) Review the definition of, “Liberty”.

In any case, one has to be a bit light in the critical thinking skills department to believe that anyone with the tech savvy to operate a drone would at the same time lack the savvy to game this quiz if so motivated.

What silliness ...
2018-5-8
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

NewGramps Posted at 2018-5-8 11:22
IMHO, those of you outside the US who think this is a good idea are welcome to stay where you are. Those of you inside the US who think this is a good idea should:

1) Review the excellent comments above on why you’re wtong, and:

Liberty?
You're concerned about how this impacts on your liberty

Now that's beyond silly
2018-5-8
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules