Weird Battery issue - full charge no lights
785 4 2017-11-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
headshot9
lvl.3
United States

My Spark and Batteries are still fairly new and I try to take very good care of my batteries
  • Never leave them in a hot car
  • Store discharged until the day of the flight
  • Let them cool before recharging

However, I started to have an issue with one of my batteries. I charge it to full at home, drive to the park when it is allowed to fly, and the battery had no lights. Put it on the drone, still no lights. Once I get back home, I put it on the charger and after 30 seconds I get full 4 lights. Get it off the charger, on the drone and everything is fine (including the battery status in the app). So far it happened to me twice with the same battery, same trick worked the second time (put it on the charger for 30 sec) - but I'm concerned because if something is wrong and it will lose power mid-flight... well no need to explain.

Anyone encountered the same? What is the warranty on the batteries for this type of issue (if any)?

Thanks!
2017-11-20
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

It is abnormal. Please send it back for check and start a case. Here is the way of contacting our support: http://www.dji.com/support. Thanks for your support.
2017-11-20
Use props
headshot9
lvl.3
United States

Thanks! Will open an SR ASAP.
2017-11-21
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

headshot9 Posted at 2017-11-21 08:32
Thanks! Will open an SR ASAP.

Please inform us, if you encounter new problems.
2017-11-22
Use props
Alex SP
lvl.2
Flight distance : 112549 ft
Brazil

I've seen similar issues with my Spark batteries. Whereas my other DJI drones (Mavic, etc.) charge normally in the sequential charging hub to the max, the Spark multi charger doesn't charge the batteries fully. The lights are erratic at times, showing inaccurate actual charge (e.g. 4 lights but 60-70% actual charge). They hardly ever get topped, one or two batteries out of 3 get partial charges only at times. No weird issues or bugs during flights though, the remaining capacity displayed in GO4 during use is pretty OK and stable.

So what I've found is that using the micro usb port on the Spark itself works a lot better and more consistently to achieve full, normal lasting (and behaving) charges, though it limits charging to one battery at a time.
2017-11-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules