Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Important Zenmuse X7 Announcement
8445 57 2017-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Idiah
New
United States

vfrailing Posted at 2017-12-4 18:09
I received my x7 today.  Excited, I connected it, turned everything on and the app does not connect to the camera.  I get a "Camera Sensor Error".  Gimbal will tilt, and seemed to calibrate fine.  Just no camera, no controls of camera, no connection with the SD card.    Read about reinstalling the firmware, but I now realize I did not receive the double A usb cable with my Inspire.  Help.

@Vfrailing,

I would check your local computer stores (Best Buy is probably the best bet) for a USB to USB cable if you are wanting this done asap. The next best thing I can think of is Amazon prime but that would take a couple days to get to you at a minimum. Either way, it would be faster than waiting for a cable to be sent directly from DJI.

I'm glad you aren't experiencing the gimbal lock-up issue that some of have been dealing with. That was a nightmare to deal with. When you get a USB to USB and update your firmware you should have image transmission. DJI Mindy got me a beta build to fix my gimbal issue, but I ended up having "sensor problems" using that build. Having fixed the motor lock-up and overheat I ended up updating to the latest firmware with the X7 attached. I restarted the drone and the controller and bam! beautiful images from that hot piece of kit came streaming through my screen.

Best of luck, I hope you can find the cable somewhere nearby.

2017-12-5
Use props
Idiah
New
United States

vfrailing Posted at 2017-12-4 18:09
I received my x7 today.  Excited, I connected it, turned everything on and the app does not connect to the camera.  I get a "Camera Sensor Error".  Gimbal will tilt, and seemed to calibrate fine.  Just no camera, no controls of camera, no connection with the SD card.    Read about reinstalling the firmware, but I now realize I did not receive the double A usb cable with my Inspire.  Help.

@Vfrailing,

I would check your local computer stores (Best Buy is probably the best bet) for a USB to USB cable if you are wanting this done asap. The next best thing I can think of is Amazon prime but that would take a couple days to get to you at a minimum. Either way, it would be faster than waiting for a cable to be sent directly from DJI.

I'm glad you aren't experiencing the gimbal lock-up issue that some of have been dealing with. That was a nightmare to deal with. When you get a USB to USB and update your firmware you should have image transmission. DJI Mindy got me a beta build to fix my gimbal issue, but I ended up having "sensor problems" using that build. Having fixed the motor lock-up and overheat I ended up updating to the latest firmware with the X7 attached. I restarted the drone and the controller and bam! beautiful images from that hot piece of kit came streaming through my screen.

Best of luck, I hope you can find the cable somewhere nearby.

2017-12-5
Use props
vfrailing
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2564442 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thank you, Idiah, so glad you got everything up and running.  Went to Best Buy for the cord, no go, so ordered from Amazon Prime with overnight shipping. What's $4 compared to a day of fun with cool stuff?  Anyway, I will post my results.
2017-12-5
Use props
Skyris
Second Officer
Flight distance : 333799 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Idiah Posted at 2017-12-5 10:41
@Vfrailing,

Hi Do you have any dng samples you could share, just stills from the air.. really want to see how it looks
thanks
2017-12-5
Use props
vfrailing
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2564442 ft
  • >>>
United States

Idiah, got the cable, plugged it in and did an update, and Bam!  everything works!
It took about a minute for the 16mm lens to be recognized, but it came in, and looks great.  It is raining intermittently right now, so all I could do was a quick flight to get the feel, and come home.  I actually have a gig tomorrow, so I will get a chance to see it in action.  Will post a few, but I imagine I will be pretty conservative in my flying as that is its maiden job.  Thank everyone for helping.
Am posting one dng, was a slow shutter speed so I could use 100 iso and f5.6, but I am happy with it right now.  Will do a decent test this weekend, if the weather doesn't totally suck.
[url= %5Bimg%5Dhttps://www.dropbox.com/s/m7xvxar746ivcdn/DJI_0019.DNG?dl=0[/img]]dropbox link[/url]
2017-12-6
Use props
Advexure
lvl.3
United States

Before shipping all Inspire 2 and X7 setups here at Advexure we update the drone via Assistant 2 with no camera installed and then once complete we install the X7 and run another full firmware upgrade/refresh.

Hope everyone is enjoying the X7! Once you get your FW updates out of the way it's a phenomenal camera/sensor. We are loving its capabilities in low light. Any questions on the X7 or looking to purchase don't hesitate to reach out to Advexure (DJI Authorized Dealer). Our team is here to help. Safe flying, all, and thank you DJI Mindy for your continued support across the boards.
2017-12-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

vfrailing Posted at 2017-12-6 12:31
Idiah, got the cable, plugged it in and did an update, and Bam!  everything works!
It took about a minute for the 16mm lens to be recognized, but it came in, and looks great.  It is raining intermittently right now, so all I could do was a quick flight to get the feel, and come home.  I actually have a gig tomorrow, so I will get a chance to see it in action.  Will post a few, but I imagine I will be pretty conservative in my flying as that is its maiden job.  Thank everyone for helping.
Am posting one dng, was a slow shutter speed so I could use 100 iso and f5.6, but I am happy with it right now.  Will do a decent test this weekend, if the weather doesn't totally suck.

Vfrailing, please forgive my late response since I was off duty recently.
I'm sorry to hear you were experiencing difficulties when you received the new drone, but glad to know you figured it out.
May I know where you purchased the drone without the double A USB cable? If you bought it from online store, please leave me with the order number, I will help to verify, thank you.
2017-12-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Idiah Posted at 2017-12-5 10:41
@Vfrailing,

Idiah, I'm sorry for the late response since I was off duty recently.
Maybe it is APP false warning, please try other mobile device or reinstall your APP.
If the error persists, could you please post the screenshot of error message here? I will feedback to our engineers. Thank you.
2017-12-7
Use props
Coyut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2559222 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

A friend has a x7 that would not deliver a image on his I2. Only a “snow storm” image was shown. And a decoder error was shown.
When mounting it on my I2 everything was working ok. So we interchanged every part one by one (rc, cables, remotes, apps,ios,android etc.) to see if we could find the error. But we were not able to fix the image.
But after it was mounted to my I2 he suddenly got a message of inconsistent firmware when taking the camera back to his bird. Even every device had the same release installed, all version infos matching.
He then did another firmware update, directly from the app and with a huawei p10 with the X7 mounted on the I2 and this fixed it. Works now after multiple days of trial and error.
Seems like some updates were not correctly installed even he did multiple updates/reinstals from the Assistent 2 and got sicessfull update messages from it.
Seems like there are some bugs in the 200 firmware.
2017-12-8
Use props
Coyut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2559222 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

dji should imediatly change the release notes of the 200 release in the Assistant 2 too.
How long do we know now that the update must be done without the X7?

x7-update.jpg
2017-12-9
Use props
Florian75
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

On the X7 Packages it did not have the warning to not install it on the Inspire2. I now have the same issue like many others. The gimbal got hot. Never seemed to work ok now. I bought 2x Inspire 2 Pro, all the lenses 2x and Crystal sky. Tons of $$ spent and very shocked about these issue!
2017-12-17
Use props
Florian75
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I am facing the same problem with my Inspire 2. The issue about connecting the camera was not properly or TOO late announced. So I had powered up the camera already. Afterwards, I had issues and googled and checked the forums and found out about the firmware update.
I took my 2nd Inspire2 and installed the firmware update first. But when I connect the camera now and try to pan, the camera only goes so far and then suddenly bounces back to the center. Was the camera damaged? I also now was able to connect the x7 to the other INspire2 and I updated the firmware with the Assistant2 app. It did an update, but I have the same issue with the panning.
2017-12-17
Use props
fans6c534352
lvl.1
Flight distance : 57779 ft
United States

My app, after updating and installing the X7 has a lot of glitches. It has $ symbols next to certain resolutions, as though I have to re-purchase the license key, but it still lets me shoot with them. If I choose one of those resolutions it says I have to go to DJI.com to purchase a license key, but then it just lets me shoot anyway. Also, EI mode is nowhere to be found and it has two modes: Full field of view and Super35, but it will not let me select Super35. I also can't select my color space, and ProRes will only work on 16:9. The 3.9K 60p resolution is also nowhere to be found. I've tried refreshing, firmware, restarting the aircraft, jumping back to previous firmware and reinstalling it; nothing helps.
2018-1-12
Use props
rogercphoto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1419459 ft
United Kingdom

I have the same problem the message came up to late and X7 got red hot nice on DJI
We pay all that money for the thing to brick because you tellbus something to damn late
2018-2-23
Use props
rogercphoto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1419459 ft
United Kingdom

Great so this info was to late for me and no warning on the X7 box nice one DJI  I now have an X7 that got red hot
2018-2-23
Use props
eliseo
lvl.1
Argentina

I experienced exactly the same... I'm in Patagonia.. don't know what to do!
2018-3-7
Use props
angelillogr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5930141 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi there,

Our team is filming in Alaska and they’ve just had the DJI X7 gimbal go down on them while doing a camera test. It’s not doing it’s calibration when it turns on, and the roll motor is getting incredibly hot (too hot to touch). There’s no override in DJI-GO. Any suggestions on how to sort this out, please?. Has anyone out there found this problem before and how to sort it out quickly?

Thanks so much,
2019-8-14
Use props
Flo the Pirate
lvl.4
Austria

angelillogr Posted at 8-14 04:45
Hi there,

Our team is filming in Alaska and they’ve just had the DJI X7 gimbal go down on them while doing a camera test. It’s not doing it’s calibration when it turns on, and the roll motor is getting incredibly hot (too hot to touch). There’s no override in DJI-GO. Any suggestions on how to sort this out, please?. Has anyone out there found this problem before and how to sort it out quickly?

why are you posting in this thread you should probably make a new /own one?

did you just update the x7 ? did you buy it new and did it work fine before ? do you have an image from the x7 on the go4 app?

- reseat camera and lens , check for any damaged/dirty pins in gimbal and lens mount
- if you updated any firmware go and downgrade und upgrade again with dji assistant

2019-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules