Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Important Zenmuse X7 Announcement
12Next >
8456 57 2017-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Dear Zenmuse X7 User,

Before connecting the Zenmuse X7 to your Inspire 2, please update your Inspire 2's firmware to the latest version (V01.01.0200 or above) and do not connect the Zenmuse X7 to your Inspire 2 until the update is complete. Failure to do so may cause the Zenmuse X7 to work improperly.
Updating the Inspire 2's firmware will not affect the aircraft's compatibility with the Zenmuse X4S or Zenmuse X5S.
2017-11-21
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Does this apply to all cameras used on the I2?  i.e. The X4S and X5S, and leave those cameras off before you do the firmware update to the I2?
2017-11-21
Use props
CiRec
lvl.3
Flight distance : 200791 ft
Germany

"Updating the Inspire 2's firmware will not affect the aircraft's compatibility with the Zenmuse X4S or Zenmuse X5S."

well, i unfortunately cannot second that statement at the end! it definitely affects the compatibility with x5s, at least in my case.

your suggestion at this time should be "do not upgrade now!". because you should be aware since some days, that there are fatal issues with this update, and as is proven now, not only in my case.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-120068-1-1.html
2017-11-21
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
United States

CiRec Posted at 2017-11-21 09:00
"Updating the Inspire 2's firmware will not affect the aircraft's compatibility with the Zenmuse X4S or Zenmuse X5S."

well, i unfortunately cannot second that statement at the end! it definitely affects the compatibility with x5s, at least in my case.

Ugh!  I updated the firmware already.

No SSD card here so I'll try to let the X5S run and see what happens with the micro-SD card.  Is this "Colorful frame issue" only with the D-Log or new EI setting?

It did have me do a second firmware update after I switched it out for the X4S and went back to the X5S again.  Don't know what was up with that.

Hope this doesn't become yet another major bug.  Fixed the crooked camera yaw, but now busted the video.  Sheesh!
2017-11-21
Use props
CiRec
lvl.3
Flight distance : 200791 ft
Germany

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-11-21 09:36
Ugh!  I updated the firmware already.

No SSD card here so I'll try to let the X5S run and see what happens with the micro-SD card.  Is this "Colorful frame issue" only with the D-Log or new EI setting?

well, i didnt say anyone who upgrades will have problems. by far not.

but there should be a warning, that there MIGHT be problems, and that people should do extensive testing before using the updated i2 on a critical commercial shot...
2017-11-21
Use props
Snarkvadim
lvl.4
Russia

parking lights stop working
2017-11-21
Use props
fansa8505463
lvl.1
Flight distance : 61581342 ft
  • >>>
Lebanon

Well this is not helpful when you post it too late! I updated the firmware the same way I always do, with camera attached. and now the X7 gimbal is acting crazy. what is the solution?
2017-11-21
Use props
fans98d63e0a
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Too late, my X7 stuck and overheats.
2017-11-21
Use props
davidzimm
lvl.1
United States

fans98d63e0a Posted at 2017-11-21 21:46

Same here.
2017-11-22
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
United States

I saw this AM that the GO 4.1.18 (iOS) screen now shows the warning about updating the firmware first before the X7.

Entire thing makes me nervous so I'm running a 5 minute test of most video modes with the X5S to see if frames are dropping, changing color, etc.

I did get one instance where the video stopped and turned to B&W with a pop up saying "Focus Wheel was attached" for a few seconds and then it disappeared (Which it was attached, but don't know why it randomly popped up and stopped the video?).

I need to go over and review all these videos too.  The iPad Pro A10X GO 4 screen seems very steady with the video camera not running, but it does break up the feed with a brief black screen at times when recording at 59.97 fps.  Need to check the video off the card next.
2017-11-22
Use props
davidzimm
lvl.1
United States

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-11-22 09:03
I saw this AM that the GO 4.1.18 (iOS) screen now shows the warning about updating the firmware first before the X7.

Entire thing makes me nervous so I'm running a 5 minute test of most video modes with the X5S to see if frames are dropping, changing color, etc.

Yeah, DJI really crapped the bed on this one. Would have loved to know this before installing the X7 I JUST received yesterday... have been troubleshooting for 4-5 hours now (factory reset, re-updating firmware, etc.) and my X7 essentially seems like it's bricked. Will not communicate properly with the I2, spins around like crazy and all the joints get extremely hot. GG, DJI.
2017-11-22
Use props
davidzimm
lvl.1
United States

"Failure to do so may cause the Zenmuse X7 to work improperly."

...does this mean work improperly for good? Because it seems like my X7 is essentially bricked now. Absolutely will not communicate properly with the I2, and just spins around til it slams against its end points, with both rotating joints getting extremely hot.

Really, really wish I'd known about the issue before today, DJI.
2017-11-22
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
United States

I got a bad feeling if they don't offer an immediate firmware fix, the X7 and maybe the I2 both will have to go in for them to put the firmware back to stock since they seem hesitant to offer rollbacks to stock that work.

DJI really should check this stuff out better before they sell it.  It seems this happens with everything introduced.  The P4 has been through maybe 3 betas now on that forum for bad gimbal actions and poor flight characteristics, and still no final firmware is out and the beta testing and feedback has been going on for several months.  Hope with all the feedback they get that firmware up and running right soon.

Now back to the I2 and the new X7 issues....
2017-11-22
Use props
davidzimm
lvl.1
United States

Bueller?

Bueller??

Can anyone from DJI address this massive issue?
2017-11-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fansa8505463 Posted at 2017-11-21 12:18
Well this is not helpful when you post it too late! I updated the firmware the same way I always do, with camera attached. and now the X7 gimbal is acting crazy. what is the solution?

Sir, please PM me your DJI account and let me know.
2017-11-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans98d63e0a Posted at 2017-11-21 21:46

Please PM me your DJI account, we will help you out, thank you.
2017-11-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Please PM me your DJI account, thank you.
2017-11-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-11-21 08:02
Does this apply to all cameras used on the I2?  i.e. The X4S and X5S, and leave those cameras off before you do the firmware update to the I2?

No, this is just available for X7.
2017-11-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-11-22 09:03

Don't be so nervous and no worries, this announcement is only available for X7, if you own X5, just update it according to our tutorial video.
If there is any problem, please keep me updated.
2017-11-22
Use props
Honda82
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3109419 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This is all a little to late
I have had the same problem, it has also got incredibly hot and damaged the Yaw motor, looks like it also has taken out the lens that was attached.
I have put my X5S back on and that is also behaving strange, it keeps re centring itself,

What do I do now? rollback the firmware?
2017-11-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Honda82 Posted at 2017-11-23 11:34
This is all a little to late
I have had the same problem, it has also got incredibly hot and damaged the Yaw motor, looks like it also has taken out the lens that was attached.
I have put my X5S back on and that is also behaving strange, it keeps re centring itself,

By damaged Yaw motor, do you mean the X7 cannot be rotate or physical damage?
I have replied your another post, please PM me your DJI account, thank you.
2017-11-24
Use props
ardian
lvl.3
Flight distance : 455197 ft
  • >>>
United States

judging from all the difficulties,ishould probably wait to purchase the x7...
2017-11-27
Use props
Skyris
Second Officer
Flight distance : 333799 ft
  • >>>
Australia

ardian Posted at 2017-11-27 19:38
judging from all the difficulties,ishould probably wait to purchase the x7...

Could be a good idea, I was waiting for decent reviews but made the purchase as there was an amazing deal on black friday... bit worried now, I will give a good test and review in the forum..
2017-11-27
Use props
Honda82
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3109419 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-24 00:11

Yes the motor seems to have overheated and now will only rotate a small amount, then it gets stuck, this is where it seems to have overheated and caused the coil to have scoured the magnet maybe?
2017-11-28
Use props
Idiah
New
United States

So is there any word on whether or not DJI is going to have a fix for this anytime soon and how are we supposed to update the X7 if the motors are just going to lock and overheat? I just purchased an I2 with an X5s and an X7 with all the lenses, 2 crystal sky screens and the condense controller with a ton of batteries and I'm seriously thinking I might return it all. I plug my X7 in and it balances for a second and then goes all sorts of crazy and starts making ridiculous noises coming from the motor. I feel the joint and its hot. Not warm, hot.

I have updated the I2 twice now using the assistant app and immediately after the transmit portion is complete the update portion starts and within the first percent or two I get an error log that something failed and the rest of the update continues. I tried the X7 again and does the same thing. This needs to be fixed asap and if the X7 is damaged and won't function what then? Is DJI going to own the mistake and repair/replace on their dime?

A resolution would be nice
2017-11-29
Use props
Skyris
Second Officer
Flight distance : 333799 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Idiah Posted at 2017-11-29 19:05
So is there any word on whether or not DJI is going to have a fix for this anytime soon and how are we supposed to update the X7 if the motors are just going to lock and overheat? I just purchased an I2 with an X5s and an X7 with all the lenses, 2 crystal sky screens and the condense controller with a ton of batteries and I'm seriously thinking I might return it all. I plug my X7 in and it balances for a second and then goes all sorts of crazy and starts making ridiculous noises coming from the motor. I feel the joint and its hot. Not warm, hot.

I have updated the I2 twice now using the assistant app and immediately after the transmit portion is complete the update portion starts and within the first percent or two I get an error log that something failed and the rest of the update continues. I tried the X7 again and does the same thing. This needs to be fixed asap and if the X7 is damaged and won't function what then? Is DJI going to own the mistake and repair/replace on their dime?

I need to know aswell, Dji have not responded in 6 days, I have one on order and am very concerned and will cancel unless I can hear of a fix soon... now I see why there aren't any reviews on this cam yet, no one can get the thing started...
2017-11-29
Use props
Idiah
New
United States

Idiah Posted at 2017-11-29 19:05

Also, I have reset to factory using the DJI Assistant 2 app, downgraded to the lowest firmware and reinstalled the newest firmware version and it still shows an error for 1-2% percent and then continues. I would appreciate some assistance in finding a resolution as I just spent $22,0000 on my whole setup and was looking to spend even more on additional pieces to bolster my production quality, but I am not thinking it might be easier, or at least cheaper, to return it all and get a rig that will fly a cinema/DSLR rig.

I'm not trying to be an a** or talk sh*t in anyway, but in my opinion this is ridiculous. I just sank a huge chunk if money into my gear because I trust trust DJI's quality and on delivery my brand new "top-of-the-line" X7 camera is unusable with my brand Inspire 2 as of right now.

Nothing in the DJO GO 4 app firmware update information does it say that you should update with the X7 off the hull. in fact, not says it is "recommended" to update the X7 and the I2 at the same time. It was not until I had done a search on google for possible issues with the X7 and found this forum that I discovered that DJI was saying to do the exact opposite of what their app says.

I am sorry DJI, but I am frustrated to say the least. I hope that you can at least help me get my camera up and running through our DMs/PMs, and I am hopeful that, if it comes to it, you will replace the X7 camera/gimbal system on your dime since you messed up and their was nothing in the mobile app that mirrors what was posted in the app update section.

I bought your gear in the expectation that it was the best (based on personal experience as well as word of mouth) so please help me get my gear up and running so I can prove that it is.
2017-11-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Honda82 Posted at 2017-11-28 05:24
Yes the motor seems to have overheated and now will only rotate a small amount, then it gets stuck, this is where it seems to have overheated and caused the coil to have scoured the magnet maybe?

Really sorry for the trouble caused, could you please PM me your DJI account? We will try our best to assist, thank you.
2017-11-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Idiah Posted at 2017-11-30 00:47
Also, I have reset to factory using the DJI Assistant 2 app, downgraded to the lowest firmware and reinstalled the newest firmware version and it still shows an error for 1-2% percent and then continues. I would appreciate some assistance in finding a resolution as I just spent $22,0000 on my whole setup and was looking to spend even more on additional pieces to bolster my production quality, but I am not thinking it might be easier, or at least cheaper, to return it all and get a rig that will fly a cinema/DSLR rig.

I'm not trying to be an a** or talk sh*t in anyway, but in my opinion this is ridiculous. I just sank a huge chunk if money into my gear because I trust trust DJI's quality and on delivery my brand new "top-of-the-line" X7 camera is unusable with my brand Inspire 2 as of right now.

Idiah, we sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience with our products, please PM me your DJI account, we will try our best to help you out, thank you.
2017-11-30
Use props
Idiah
New
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-30 01:56
Idiah, we sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience with our products, please PM me your DJI account, we will try our best to help you out, thank you.

I sent you a PM with my account email. I look forward to hearing from you soon. A resolution as soon as possible would be greatly appreciated as I have 6 gigs scheduled in close proximity to each other that are coming up next month and need my gear to functional.
2017-11-30
Use props
rmaxwell.dccnet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 698661 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Hi Mindy and DJI Support,

I was advised by Mindy to wait until I received my X7 and install it before updating my Inspire 2 firmware.  Then, I see this notice that tells me to update with X5S and then install the X7.  These are very confusing instructions.

The good news is that I did update the firmware with the X7 installed and then tested the cameras with the X7 installed and then the X5S installed and, so far, everything seems to be working fine.  I do not have any Magenta frames or Yellow frames.

I am now waiting for clear weather to do some serious flight testing on the whole system.

Ray
2017-11-30
Use props
fanscdfacd3e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1128091 ft
Poland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-24 00:11

The same situation here. X7 stuck and overheat...what should I do now?
2017-12-1
Use props
fanscdfacd3e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1128091 ft
Poland

Same here x7 stuck and overheat what should I do now?
2017-12-1
Use props
usere17cf6332d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 126227 ft
United States

So you need to update the aircraft without the x7 installed. Then once it's complete, install the x7 and update the software again or should it be ok without an additional update?
2017-12-1
Use props
vfrailing
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2564442 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hmmm.  Pretty upsetting.  I have just purchased an I2 with the x7 gimbal, it was the press that convinced me to pull the trigger.  I received the I2 last week, updated it without gimbal attached, and began working with it without camera.  The x7 is supposed to be delivered in 2 days.  Should I plug it in or not?
2017-12-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Idiah Posted at 2017-11-30 18:59
I sent you a PM with my account email. I look forward to hearing from you soon. A resolution as soon as possible would be greatly appreciated as I have 6 gigs scheduled in close proximity to each other that are coming up next month and need my gear to functional.

Sorry for the late response, I will keep you updated on Monday since our engineers are on weekend, thanks for the patience.
2017-12-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fanscdfacd3e Posted at 2017-12-1 16:52
The same situation here. X7 stuck and overheat...what should I do now?

Sir, could you please PM me your DJI account?
2017-12-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Idiah Posted at 2017-11-30 18:59

Hi, Idiah, please check my PM, thanks.
2017-12-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

rmaxwell.dccnet Posted at 2017-11-30 23:25
Hi Mindy and DJI Support,

I was advised by Mindy to wait until I received my X7 and install it before updating my Inspire 2 firmware.  Then, I see this notice that tells me to update with X5S and then install the X7.  These are very confusing instructions.

Hi, Ray, sorry for the confusion, please refer to this post to update X7.
Glad to know everything goes smoothly, please keep me updated if there is any problem, thank you.
2017-12-4
Use props
vfrailing
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2564442 ft
  • >>>
United States

I received my x7 today.  Excited, I connected it, turned everything on and the app does not connect to the camera.  I get a "Camera Sensor Error".  Gimbal will tilt, and seemed to calibrate fine.  Just no camera, no controls of camera, no connection with the SD card.    Read about reinstalling the firmware, but I now realize I did not receive the double A usb cable with my Inspire.  Help.
2017-12-4
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules