Weak Signal in less than 2KM??
3870 16 2017-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_K6W99Ar
lvl.1
Flight distance : 217 ft
Mexico

Hi, I was receiving the alert for weak signal when my Mavic was at between 1 and 2km, so I didn't go further than that
But was a bit dissapointing since they said the max range is 7km

I know 7km must be just the marketing trick, like the 27min for the battery that is never true, but I was expecting at least a good signal in 4 or 5km

Is this normal? what is the real range for the Mavic??

2017-11-21
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

depending of the output power (FCC or CE)
2017-11-21
Use props
Time2Party
lvl.4
Flight distance : 169314 ft
Belgium

If you fly in open field then you can go far bat if you fly around city or building then this is normal.
Around houses you have to much Wi-Fi signals and cellphone signal, so its normal you can go only 1 a 2km.
2017-11-21
Use props
Griffith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

It depends on A LOT of conditions -antenna orientation, signal obstructions, atmospheric conditions, electromagnetic noise., etc,  Similarly,  battery  life depends on LOTS of factors, like speed, height, weather conditions, wind speed.   The specs are probably representative of ideal conditions. Actual results may be substantially lower. It's wise to check the conditions and know the limitations of the AC before departing on a long flight.  If you get a weak signal, check your antenna orientation, maybe raise the AC to a higher altitude (less obstruction and inteference) - and if the problem persists, bring it in closer.  Personally, I seldom fly over  2 km, because that's about as far as I can see it.  Make your outbound leg against the wind so you'll have a tailwind on return  (in case battery is low).  Be cautious while you're getting used to the AC -  hopefully, you'll learn the limitations without a catastrophe.
2017-11-21
Use props
M.C. Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not normal. There must be something blocking the signal from RC to AC. Do you have the attennas facing up correctly? have you noticed the AC going behind any obstacles? The MP 100% can reach that distance but as Griffith pointed out be careful in windy conditions. You may be asking for trouble trying to get back to the home point.

My MP has gone (round trip) 6.3 miles (10 Km) on a single charge (less the wind).
2017-11-21
Use props
djiuser_K6W99Ar
lvl.1
Flight distance : 217 ft
Mexico

Jos A Posted at 2017-11-21 07:50

what is that?
2017-11-21
Use props
StanfordWebbie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

Jos A Posted at 2017-11-21 07:50

While I understand that FCC vs CE is an adjustment on (some?) Phantoms, I cannot find that choice on my Mavic Pro.  Also, I've read the manual a few times and never saw any mention of that as something that needs to be addressed.  Are you sure this is also a Mavic Pro thing?  Where is the screw to make that adjustment?
2017-11-21
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

Pretty much what Griffith said.
2017-11-21
Use props
sica
lvl.4
Flight distance : 679 ft
Israel

in FCC mode the signal is much stronger = 7km. in C.E is weaker = 4km / in open field conditions. software can be forced to move to fcc. I do not recommend, is contrary to the law of your country of residence. mavic makes automatic switching by location! FCC in America states ,,, C.E. in countries with European legislation.
2017-11-21
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had that same issue. But read some where 4m At 720p  and was wondering do I have too shoot in 720p to get that range.
2017-11-21
Use props
Airbus350XWB
lvl.2
Flight distance : 705768 ft
Indonesia

if you fly in the city that has a lot of cellular tower, condensed with wifi and other electrical interference, you never gonna make it more than 1.5 km, especially outside US.
2017-11-21
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Netherlands

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2017-11-21 08:46
While I understand that FCC vs CE is an adjustment on (some?) Phantoms, I cannot find that choice on my Mavic Pro.  Also, I've read the manual a few times and never saw any mention of that as something that needs to be addressed.  Are you sure this is also a Mavic Pro thing?  Where is the screw to make that adjustment?

There is no screw you can only forced to fcc by a hack with a config. file on your dji go4 app. Which doesn't work anymore if you update dji go 4 app to 4.1.18, you can forced FCC to 0.4 watt.
The DJI Configs file mod will work on both Android and iOS. Laws in the United States allow transmit power of 0.5W for radio transmission on the frequencies used by DJI aircraft. In other parts of the world, CE restrictions permit 0.025W. Outside the United States, DJI equipment uses a power output of ~0.009W by default which is pretty weak. The equipment can be configured to a maximum of 1.5 Watts of TX power.
2017-11-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Thanks for the replies above, I agree with many of them. Yes, flight distance sometimes relates to the flight environment, we would suggest that you fly the drone in an open wide area. Check the antennas position of the remote controller. Distance should be greater than height during flight, and please make sure the remote controller’s antennas are positioned parallel to and are pointed towards the aircraft, you can refer to the picture below. Still, use a mobile device with a strong performance. P4P_Controller_EN.gif
2017-11-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2017-11-21 08:46

Pilots are not able to switch FCC or CE mode. The drone will automatically adjust by the GPS location and app's feedback.  
2017-11-21
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Jos A watch what u say u will get the ban hammer just a heads up....but u are absolutely right. Just a simple file swap
2017-11-22
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Netherlands

oke yeah i am sorry
2017-11-22
Use props
Anthony566
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2488944 ft
United Kingdom

I am in a CE country and I can confirm in an open are you can go beyond 5 kilometres ....... so in an FCC country and in an open area you should get to 7 kilometres. .....  you might not get your drone back from that distance though without perfect weather conditions.

2017-11-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules