2163 3 2015-4-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
paulykins
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2538474 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Is there any truth in some of the rumours floating around on the S1000 facebook page about DJI releasing a new pro octocopter to supercede the S1000s at NAB ?? I am just about to order the S1000+ and would hold off until I saw what was planned, and if the rumours are rubbish then I will go ahead and order ??

2015-4-12
Use props
bodie
lvl.1

United States

I'm in the same boat as you....i hope the answer to this question comes soon though
2015-4-13
Use props
knarfboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 494508 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Like a car, from time to time, DJI will release a new Model.

No .need to wait.

If you order, use this  Link: dji.com/?r=z8oaYG  and get 2% additional DJI credit (after sales) for your next order....
2015-4-15
Use props
HMArnold
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24012 ft
United States

All technology driven markets are constantly being upgraded as quickly as possible. It's what got companies like DJI started and keeps them in business.

That DJI has a successor to the S1000+ in the works in my mind is a given. If I heard a rumor saying that DJI is NOT about to release a successor to the S1000+, I would not believe it.

I would be very surprised if they don't have the successor to that successor in the design or testing process now.

If you wait for the last iteration of top-dollar heavy lift drone technology to hit the market, you will never buy a drone at all.

My advice is to think about what it is you want to do with your drone, and make sure there are people around that are using the equipment you're purchasing to do exactly tasks you want.

My S1000+ is a very stable platform capable of lifting a real camera into the air for significant distances. If cinematography is what you want, it's a great product.

If you want to zoom around like a 16 year-old and impress the girls, an S1000+ is the way to go. It comes over like a B-52 on afterburners.

If, however, you want to do something serious or commercial with it, you might want to do some research in this forum and others to make sure the DJI products you have in mind do what you want today, because you will get no rational support from DJI if it doesn't.

Many of us bought S1000+ units with A2 controllers, Lightbridge Systems, IOSD Mk II, and expensive gimbals based upon the DJI marketing information showing that you can fly autonomous missions with pre-defined grid points, take orthogammetric images at those points, then download the GPS coordinates of the image points to be able to create a mosaic image of the target area - for money.

Read that as "investment", not "leisure".

What we found out, though is that even purchasing the top of the line DJI products listed above won't get you those capabilities, and that DJI knows it, that DJI has workable fixes for the problems, but won't repair the problems for existing customers.

When I could not get my camera to trigger at the required autonomous mission action points, the dealer I bought everything from was honest enough to tell me they didn't know, and that I should contact DJI.

DJI support on the issue traversed all the way from "box your entire unit up and send it in to our service facility" to the much more common version of support, which is no answer at all.

I finally pieced together the steps I needed with the help of other users on this forum, and found out that everything I needed to trigger the camera was included in what I purchased, it was that nobody at DJI either understood how to do it, or if they did, chose not to respond to any support requests.

Try this :

Ask a question on the DJI support page about exporting GPS coordinates using an S1000+/A2/Lightbridge/IOSD/Z15 system, and if you don't get a response that says "We know the problem exists, we have a solution, we're not ready to release it, we are not giving any idea of how much longer it will be before we release it, and "Yes", we understand that we've been asking people that purchased that system to continue to wait for 6 months so far with no solution in sight", or you will get an answer from someone that doesn't understand the question and has no intention of finding out.

You will then get an email asking you to rate the support you received, with a link to give your feedback.

When you press that link to report your experience, you will get a message that says "This case has been closed, and feedback can no longer be entered".

I assume if you ever get a worthwhile support response they keep the case open so you can rate them highly, but I've never received one, so I don't know.

The deal is that if you wait for the successor to the S1000+ and assume it will do what the DJI marketing information says it will, you may very well find yourself with a very expensive desk ornament beginning your own wait for a solution to why it doesn't work. If you take Knarfboy's advice above, you'll be able to look at your desk ornament with the knowledge that you will get 2% off your next order.

Maybe that will help

Advice : Make sure you can find people that are using what you want to buy doing exactly what you want. If that product happens to be a DJI product, you're good to go
2015-4-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules