Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Bitdefender detects virus in DJI Assistant software
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BayouFlyer
New
United States

Hi.
I am having a heck of a time getting back to flying.

When I first got the Phantom 4 a year ago I was flying perfectly. Then an Android app update ruined everything. Constant app crashing, etc. Since I couldn't fly because of the crappy app I put the Phantom away and forgot about it.

Now trying to get flying again and app still doesn't seem to be stable on my tablet so switch to my phone. Tells me to updrade the firmware but don't have the adapter so I try to use the Assistant software for Windows. Upon installation Bitdefender detects a virus/malware and can't install.

Needless to say I'm very frustrated with a $1000 paper weight. Any ideas about how to get flying again without installing (seemingly) infected software?

Thanks
2017-11-21
Use props
BayouFlyer
New
United States

Could be a false positive but then again China is known for putting malware in legitimate software so who knows.
2017-11-21
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

When the Android device began to act up, personally, I would have went out to find an appropriate iOS device.
Sounds like that would help you get over this annoying hurdle.

Do you think DJI paired up with Apple, just for fun? No, it's because IOS devices are mostly rock solid.
Go through the DJI list of approved devices, then you will atleast be starting on the right foot.
Few of the good things in life are free. That goes for our chosen devices, to fly DJI products with, as well. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-11-21
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

BayouFlyer Posted at 2017-11-21 17:49
Could be a false positive but then again China is known for putting malware in legitimate software so who knows.

Agree - it may be a false positive.
So, an option is to install another free scanner, like Malwarebytes, and check the installer executable on that to give you piece of mind. Regardless, if you downloaded the executable from a DJI site, then you have the same as everyone - and therefore we're all infected...
2017-11-21
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-11-21 17:54
Agree - it may be a false positive.
So, an option is to install another free scanner, like Malwarebytes, and check the installer executable on that to give you piece of mind. Regardless, if you downloaded the executable from a DJI site, then you have the same as everyone - and therefore we're all infected...

That's good advice. Check it again. Check it thrice.
Much like getting a second opinion, from a different Dr.

RedHotPoker
2017-11-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I would suggest to use one of the recommended mobile devices to ensure the performance. Regarding the DJI Assistant 2, you can download from our official website: https://www.dji.com/phantom-4/info#downloads
2017-11-21
Use props
techelpp
lvl.1

India

It might be a false positive. try to scan full device and if you don't get any idea then contact Bitdefender customer service https://babasupport.org/antiviru ... ustomer-service/199  hope you will get to know what you can actually do. good luck.
2018-3-12
Use props
SteveHalford
lvl.2
Flight distance : 669026 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-21 18:24
I would suggest to use one of the recommended mobile devices to ensure the performance. Regarding the DJI Assistant 2, you can download from our official website: https://www.dji.com/phantom-4/info#downloads

Let me get this right.... Susan from DJI is a white girl with blonde hair an round eyes ???
2018-4-9
Use props
djiuser_iGJqCoTNTQSa
lvl.4

SteveHalford Posted at 2018-4-9 17:14
Let me get this right.... Susan from DJI is a white girl with blonde hair an round eyes ???

That's a character from Fantastic 4. And, I guess you're a drone.
2018-4-9
Use props
SteveHalford
lvl.2

djiuser_iGJqCoTNTQSa Posted at 2018-4-9 17:48
That's a character from Fantastic 4. And, I guess you're a drone.

Actually that is Angelina Joalie. She,s an actress. Now you may want to sit down for this but the Fantastic 4 is NOT REAL !!! By the way Star Trek wasn't real either so move out of you grandmother's basement and come join the real world. Susan isn't real either.
2018-5-5
Use props
SteveHalford
lvl.2

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-11-21 17:53
When the Android device began to act up, personally, I would have went out to find an appropriate iOS device.
Sounds like that would help you get over this annoying hurdle.

I used the iPad that came with my inspire 1 dual operator bundle and out of the box it was a 4K Hot Rod. I got it in Nov 28th 2014. It was the most bitch'n thing ever. Then the "Firm ware" updates started and my pride and joy became a bigger Sloth with every Firm ware" update. I lost all but two of the special flight modes. The only one that works now is the P.O.I. The follow me, draw course, and all the other modes just quite or never worked. So my first lesson about DJI is that they untrustworthy and have no problem flat out lying to you. If you want to hear a real example of their customer service let me know. I will tell you about my breaching their fenced in compound, I made them surrender my drones (which they said they didn't have) before things got worse. Finally out walks the fat ass security guard with my drones. The threat of sevear unpleasentness is all they understand.
2018-5-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

So the moral of your story is? ;-)

There are hundreds if not thousands of ulterior drone companies, just find ones that please your needs. .

RedHotPoker
2018-5-5
Use props
Cdov
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-21 18:24
I would suggest to use one of the recommended mobile devices to ensure the performance. Regarding the DJI Assistant 2, you can download from our official website: https://www.dji.com/phantom-4/info#downloads

This is what i got :https://www.joesandbox.com/analysis/134786/0/executive#
2019-5-22
Use props
Cdov
lvl.1
United States

Folks you can look at what the DJIFlightSimulatorLauncher.exe is able too.
https://www.joesandbox.com/analysis/140453
This file is potentially conceived as a "remote control" for the PCs it ends up been downloaded to. the potential is there
and DJI SILENCE seems to be speaking for itself
2019-5-23
Use props
Cdov
lvl.1
United States

Check this report out https://www.joesandbox.com/analysis/134786/0/executive#
2019-5-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Fly only while in Airplane Mode

Too much being cautious, a good kind of becoming, becomes paranoia, which is a bad consciousness.

Yes, of course China takes every opportunity to utilize their technical know how, to work in their benefit.
Heck, they already have half the planet well mapped, from our constant video and pic input. In high def. hahaha

Fly only while in Airplane mode.

RedHotPoker

2019-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules