Phantom 3 Std Batteries
858 9 2017-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Oldarmy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 56512 ft
United States

Before I purchased my P3S I did a lot of reading and decided to go with it as a beginner drone and I love it, except for the max distance, i can't even get close to that .5 mile mark. LOL . But I had read that a lot of users were buying 3 party batteries because of the cost. I know these are smart batteries, but they are Lipo's I use them for many hobbies. When is DJI going to lower the price on the P3S battieries. This is crazy since I only paid $400 for my refurb unit directly from DJI and now they want $150 for the battery.

I had talked to a few owners who were using generic batteries but it seems the last couple of DJI firmware update have bricked those batteries. Come on DJI, the battery shouldn't be 40% of the cost of the drone :-(

Other then that I love this drone, hopfully in a year I can upgrade to what is ever newer then.
2017-11-21
Use props
Oldarmy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 56512 ft
United States

Oh if anyone has upgraded to something newer and still has a P3S DJI battery laying around with good life left and you want to sell it please reach out to me. I'm only getting 15-8 minutes with the one DJI provided with my drone, not enough :-)
2017-11-21
Use props
Rene Jensen
lvl.4
Denmark

i bought my extra battey on ebay cheap new one.and i have newer had problems with it i get about 28 min flying time with distance about 1100 meters so i am happy
2017-11-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

The price might be a little different in various channels. I always recommend to purchase from local authorized dealer so that you get the local warranty. Ha ha, you can consider Mavic for the next upgrade.
2017-11-22
Use props
stuka75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

15 to 20 minutes max flight time to be safe and avoid critical landings for the P3S. Most batteries work, just check buyer reviews when purchasing from various sources. I paid around 105 us dollars for several off Amazon. All genuine DJI batteries. If you buy off amazon or ebay, they offer money back on bad orders. If it looks to good to be true, it is.
2017-11-22
Use props
ghutch
Second Officer
Flight distance : 187375 ft
United States

Best Buy sells them for $140...
2017-11-22
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Rene Jensen Posted at 2017-11-22 00:30
i bought my extra battey on ebay cheap new one.and i have newer had problems with it i get about 28 min flying time with distance about 1100 meters so i am happy

28 mins is way way more than most people get ...

With usual flying, lights on, camera recording, mix of high and moderate power ..... most people are landing out with about 30 - 35% left at about 17 - 18mins ....

I base that statement on 10 different P3's I know of and conversations we have. None of us have been able to fly to DJI stated flight time without critical low battery.....

Nigel
2017-11-22
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

get a parabolic range extender for the remote antenna. i picked up a cheap 3D printed one from Ebay and it doubled the range on my P3S, as for batteries look on  your local craigslist or offerup, can sometimes find them at half cost
2017-11-22
Use props
Rene Jensen
lvl.4
Denmark

yes i altso use a windsurfer parabolic thing.so solentlife hows things in latvia??think i will soon be in riga on a weekend trip
2017-11-23
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Rene Jensen Posted at 2017-11-23 02:35
yes i altso use a windsurfer parabolic thing.so solentlife hows things in latvia??think i will soon be in riga on a weekend trip

I'm down in Ventspils ... and its wet and horrible at moment.

This is what is outside front of my house now :

Building 3 car garage and model workshops over top ... plus building RC Car race track ...

Its a mess !!

Nigel
2017-11-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules