Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
PROBLEM: OTG cable does not work as WiFi
8054 35 2017-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MileStorm
New
Flight distance : 3648 ft
Czechia

Hi all,
I have a problem with connecting my phone to the controller via OTG cable. I mean, it connects, but when I tap "go fly", there are many options N/A... Like gimball status, battery status, atti mode icon is not shown, it says, that my sensors are off, but they are on...
And if I disconnect OTG, and connect via WiFi, then everything is fine. I can see all the statuses, and informations...

Am I doing something wrong?

My setup:
DJI Spark Fly more combo
OnePlus One (Android v6.0.1)
Latest DJI Go 4 app
Wifi and data was ON (no airplane mode)

Screenshots:
OTG:

WiFi:

2017-11-21
Use props
Beejay81
lvl.2
Flight distance : 69252 ft
Australia

2 or 3 threads on this now:  https://forum.dji.com/thread-120380-1-1.html https://forum.dji.com/thread-120134-1-1.html     They've broken otg in latest app.. youll need to go back 4.1.15 by installing old apk....  read other threads for more info.
2017-11-21
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

This situation is forwarded. And OTG cable is not recommended now as it is not fully tested. Please use WIFI connection instead. Thanks for your cooperation.
2017-11-22
Use props
MileStorm
New
Flight distance : 3648 ft
Czechia

Oh, thank you for info. My google-fu is weak. From now on I will search more. Thanks
2017-11-22
Use props
fans9936dd03
New
Switzerland

lucky i didn't update today. i'm quite  disappointed
regarding otg and dji. in europe without otg spark is a useless brick. guys never update before checking.
2017-11-23
Use props
fans9936dd03
New
Switzerland

thousands of otg users proofed otg is fine so the reason to cut this function has other reasons. thousands of testers who even paid for the device and tested for free. it a sgame what dji did. the lagi video through wifi and most devices from 16 don't even have 5.8ghz so without otg switching frequencies doesn't work.
2017-11-23
Use props
fans9936dd03
New
Switzerland

in europe the spark has become useless or better a stupid little expensiv toy.
please DJI activate otg function again!!!!
2017-11-23
Use props
fans9936dd03
New
Switzerland

if you live in europe do not update your spark to .18 for safety reasons. if you care for other people and your spark do not update. spark will not change frequencies any more it needed other than with otg. do not rely on wifi from phone to rc only otg is realy safe besides the huge video lag if not wired to the rc
2017-11-23
Use props
fans9936dd03
New
Switzerland

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-22 00:09
This situation is forwarded. And OTG cable is not recommended now as it is not fully tested. Please use WIFI connection instead. Thanks for your cooperation.

otg was tested by thousands of users with absolute no issue. 99% percent of the issues were regarding wifi rc connection mostly in europe.without otg flying the spsrk in europe is a big risk.thst being said, dji had more testers for otg, probably more 10000 of flight.please fix this otg issue for android.
2017-11-23
Use props
BerkoZg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2628 ft
Croatia

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-22 00:09

I think that in my case is not safer with wifi. Becouse i got 3-4 sec delay in phone, and image transfer disconnect. With OTG i got aprox 0,5 sec delay, and zero disconects.
2017-11-24
Use props
fans7800d6c1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 198117 ft
Mexico

fans9936dd03 Posted at 2017-11-23 23:08
otg was tested by thousands of users with absolute no issue. 99% percent of the issues were regarding wifi rc connection mostly in europe.without otg flying the spsrk in europe is a big risk.thst being said, dji had more testers for otg, probably more 10000 of flight.please fix this otg issue for android.

I`m from México and I we have the same problem.
2017-12-19
Use props
fans9936dd03
New
Switzerland

actualy i'm quite anoid that dji doesn't 4ake care of the eu customers regarding otg. i bought the spark with the ability to switch between 2.4 and 5.8 ghz. without otg this feature does not exist. otg made this feature possible. i think for eu customers dji should solve this issue a.s.a.p or offer exchange for a mavic with a moderate payment. since the update .18 we eu customers seem to be worthless for dji
2017-12-29
Use props
Hotwire
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10719 ft
Australia

So let me some this up , DJI created a Wifi connection for Saprk that has so much lag that its unusable without an OTG cable and then fixes the problem but now wont let you use your OTG cable. But it still kind of works with the OTG cable instead of giving the user a warning the OTG cable is not really supported any more.

It amazes me DJI aren't in court of fair trading for selling devises it intentionally prevents from working.  Every time I go to use this drone to take some photos some update prevents me, which is not just anoying its embarrassing.

I want my money back so I can go and buy a Xiaomi Mi !! Because I know it will fly when I want it and it wont force me to update my APPs.
2018-1-23
Use props
Hotwire
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10719 ft
Australia

So let me sum this up , DJI created a Wifi connection for Saprk that has so much lag that its unusable without an OTG cable and then fixes the problem but now wont let you use your OTG cable. But it still kind of works with the OTG cable instead of giving the user a warning the OTG cable is not really supported any more.

It amazes me DJI aren't in court of fair trading for selling devises it intentionally prevents from working.  Every time I go to use this drone to take some photos some update prevents me, which is not just anoying its embarrassing.

I want my money back so I can go and buy a Xiaomi Mi !! Because I know it will fly when I want it and it wont force me to update my APPs.
2018-1-23
Use props
kkieren99
New
Flight distance : 2664 ft
Australia

I have the same issue. I am hoping DJI will listen to their custumers.
2018-3-2
Use props
kkieren99
New
Flight distance : 2664 ft
Australia

2018-3-2
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Flight distance : 166014 ft
Czechia

kkieren99 Posted at 2018-3-2 02:56

Don't hope. When they broke it in November last year we have been promised that it was a mistake and they will fix it. After some time, it even stopped working on iOS for a month or two. The OTG works on iOS again but it is not officially supported. Android (and Spark) is probably not interresting for DJI anymore so those of us who need the OTG cable are stuck on older versions (4.1.15 and lower).

The irony is that because I have to stay on DJI GO 4 4.1.14 that still works with OTG for Spark, I cannot buy the new Mavic Air as this old version does not recognize it (the same applies to Mavic 2 once they release it). But hey, if DJI does not want my money, I will spend it elsewhere as soon as I find some other drone that matches my needs.
2018-3-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Hotwire Posted at 2018-1-23 14:29
So let me sum this up , DJI created a Wifi connection for Saprk that has so much lag that its unusable without an OTG cable and then fixes the problem but now wont let you use your OTG cable. But it still kind of works with the OTG cable instead of giving the user a warning the OTG cable is not really supported any more.

The problem is with android phones , using iOS you can use otg but it makes no difference WiFi works jus as well and dji say otg is still not tested.
Hopefully it will get fixed and supported soon.
2018-3-2
Use props
xmodgames
New

India

I am facing this same issue since I have installed xmod app. What can be the issue?
2018-3-2
Use props
xmodgamess
lvl.1

download xmodgames for android !
2018-5-31
Use props
shawnsmith7979
New

India

I am facing this same issue. apply update from adb sideload
2018-8-7
Use props
shawnsmith7979
New

India

IRCRC registration solved my issue
2018-8-7
Use props
djiuser_SHYK4oAwx3pL
New

India

Xmodapk

almost time face the same situation so plz check it  Xmodapk
2018-8-8
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

I said it many times on this forum, why upgrade to a higher version of the app when everything works perfectly on most android devices with OTG cable?
Stick to 4.1.15 and don't upgrade your FW > .0900, you have it all, works and less disconnection.
2018-8-9
Use props
infinityonloop
lvl.1

India

thousands of otg users proofed otg is fine so the reason to cut this function has other reasons. thousands of testers who even paid for the device and tested for free. it a sgame what dji did. the lagi video through wifi and most devices from 16 don't even have 5.8ghz so without otg switching frequencies doesn't work.
2018-9-8
Use props
Tentoes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

Had some trouble with OTG and my Android yesterday. The stupid cable kept falling out of the USB micro on the phone. Hmm. The charger cable has the same problem.
2018-9-8
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

Tentoes Posted at 2018-9-8 06:48
Had some trouble with OTG and my Android yesterday. The stupid cable kept falling out of the USB micro on the phone. Hmm. The charger cable has the same problem.

...so the problem is a worn out connector on your device?
2018-9-9
Use props
Tentoes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

Worked fine the day before. Must be time to replace this android. Dang, I liked this one. Has great battery life.
2018-9-10
Use props
Jenniferket
New

India

Magnificent, I am extremely Happy to join this network
I found here exceptionally fascinating and supportive continue sharing
2018-9-12
Use props
vijaygopal
New

India

<a href = "androidstrike.com/irctc-registration">irctc new account registration</a> solved my problem. Check it out!
2018-10-15
Use props
newertask
New

India

i also got same issue
2018-12-4
Use props
amiy yakum
New

India

thanks my issue resolved
2018-12-13
Use props
Aptoide ios
New

India

What may be the cause for aptoide ios which is best platform on android and ios devices.
aptoide ios

aptoide apk
2019-7-7
Use props
pooja verma
New

India

OTG cable is not recommended now as it is not fully tested. Please use WIFI connection instead.

<a >Aadhar card</a>
2019-7-14
Use props
pooja verma
New

India

OTG cableis not recommended now as it is not fully tested. Please use WIFI connection instead.
2019-7-14
Use props
djiuser_4kNKuDvR7xKq
New

Check your otg when you connect your phone
Cyberflix apk
2019-9-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules