41458 156 2017-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AACY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 518012 ft
United Kingdom

fans399d4cc2 Posted at 2017-11-25 16:36
So I was considering selling my first gen DJI goggles and buying a set of RE to use FPV freestyle and my Mavic pro platinum.
Thought I should ask; is there any reason the RE and originals cannot connect to my MPP simultaneously so that I could keep the originals for a ridder?

The originals should be able to connect to your MPP since it is the same communications protocol "OccuSync" in regards of them connecting simultaneously I do not see why they shouldn't be able to, but I recomend you check that directly with DJI and their customer service team.
2017-11-26
Use props
fanseea0cf02
New
United States

Mavic & Goggle Posted at 2017-11-22 23:49
Can we have the size and the Weight of the ocusinc AIr module please!!

I also would like to know the weight and dimensions of the air unit and the OcuSync camera
2017-11-26
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hey, dear DJI Goggles users
Please Click here to get more information about Goggles RE. The FAQs are well illustrated.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=121346
2017-11-26
Use props
theself
lvl.1
United States

Do the racing edition goggles have an HDMI input for other video feeds such as the connex prosight HD system for racing drones? Thank you
2017-11-26
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

theself Posted at 2017-11-26 21:19
Do the racing edition goggles have an HDMI input for other video feeds such as the connex prosight HD system for racing drones? Thank you

you can refer this thread
I created this morning. FAQs for Goggles RE
2017-11-26
Use props
theself
lvl.1
United States

DJI Grace Posted at 2017-11-26 22:03
you can refer this thread
I created this morning. FAQs for Goggles RE

You can't give me a simple 'yes' or 'no' answer please?
2017-11-27
Use props
fans83a0e945
lvl.1

United States

What controllers/transmitters are compatible with the occusync? Spectrum? Connect with the trainer port? Possibly a wireless trainer port?
2017-11-27
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

fans83a0e945 Posted at 2017-11-27 17:16
What controllers/transmitters are compatible with the occusync? Spectrum? Connect with the trainer port? Possibly a wireless trainer port?

Hey, I have collected the FAQs in this thread. You can find your answer there~
2017-11-27
Use props
Mavic & Goggle
lvl.1
France

DJI Module OCUSYNC WORK PERFECTLY WITH OLD GOGGLES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it S comfimed by this YOUTUBER:

DJI FOURM LYE ALL TIME
2017-11-28
Use props
djiuser_KMFlQ0Z
lvl.2
United States

I just ordered the "combo" package with ocusync at $859, but for just for the record I think that dji's "Black Friday Weekend" coupon sale had way too many restrictions in the "fine print" and was bordering on dishonest advertising.  The $50 off Goggles coupon would not work on this RE package, even though it read that it would become effective "as soon as the order reaches $848.  Twice I "won" the 5% Off coupon, but it would not work on the Racing Goggles or the RE "Combo" package, even if a drone was part of the order in the cart,... very disappointing.  I never received the "elevations department" reply email that the "live chat" employees promised I would get "before the BF sale ended on Monday" when I discussed the coupon issues.  I hope I'm more satisfied with the product than with my experience with dji customer relations!
2017-11-28
Use props
fans5dacf08e
New
United States

Are the RE Goggles compatible with the Phantom 3 Standard?
2017-11-28
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

fans5dacf08e Posted at 2017-11-28 17:20
Are the RE Goggles compatible with the Phantom 3 Standard?

sorry, it cannot be compatible with P3
2017-11-28
Use props
mediossehd
lvl.4

Turkey

awesome invention
2017-12-1
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Thank you for your comment!
2017-12-3
Use props
jKson
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1815223 ft
Russia

Hi! The air unit and goggles have different tx power outputs, according to local laws, like FCC or CE. How the air unit choose which one will used? There is no gps module. How?
2017-12-4
Use props
fans49243b5a
Second Officer
Flight distance : 185262 ft
  • >>>
Germany

How do you connect the Googles (USB) to the Futaba Trainer Port (or the other supported transmitters ? I did not see any specials cable in the shop
2017-12-6
Use props
fans49243b5a
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Just found the tutorial  video for question above
2017-12-6
Use props
fans49243b5a
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Yet another question on the camera. Does it have Wide Dynamic Range?
2017-12-6
Use props
fans6f834f41
lvl.1
Flight distance : 46677 ft
United States

Hi- just received the Ocusync Air. Want to just power it and test it- what do I need? FAQ says 3S or 4S battery- anything else I need?
2017-12-11
Use props
DocQuicksand
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1048652 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine finally came on Monday... They're awesome! Not a fan of losing flight data on the DJI Go app when using with the Spark, but they work flawlessly with my Mavic.
2017-12-14
Use props
fans69973078
lvl.1
Flight distance : 58648 ft
Chile

DocQuicksand Posted at 2017-12-14 06:50
Mine finally came on Monday... They're awesome! Not a fan of losing flight data on the DJI Go app when using with the Spark, but they work flawlessly with my Mavic.

A Shame on DJI i did make the purchase on 2017-11-28, they told me that the glasses would be sent after 7 to 10 business days, at the time the deadline has expired, and after trying to contact customer support, the answer was that there is no stock for the glasses so I should only keep waiting.

A shame,  if i will known that they had no stock, i wouldn´t  have spent 608 dollars, for a shipment that did not arrive for Christmas
2017-12-14
Use props
NCPatrol
lvl.1
United States

I got my goggles today and I'm a little confused to find two seemingly identical external antennas (pagoda) in the box.   And reading through the product page and FAQ above, it's not really clear what I got or should have got...

This is in the FAQ above:
Q1: What are the differences between the three compatible antennas?
A1:
DJI Goggles RE come with a set of three compatible antennas for different scenarios:
• Pagoda: This circularly polarized antenna performs best at 5.8 GHz.
• Cylindrical: Also circularly polarized, this antenna operates at 2.4 and 5.8 GHz for fully integrated performance.
• Dipole: Linearly polarized, this antenna operates at 2.4 and 5.8 GHz and is lightweight, allowing for a clear video feed at close distances.

That would imply that I should have found 3 different antennas in the box.  So am I missing two antennas?

Was there only supposed to be one and I just got a mispackaged extra one?

If not, and what I received was correct, why would I need two pagoda antennas?
2017-12-14
Use props
DocQuicksand
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

NCPatrol Posted at 2017-12-14 15:08
I got my goggles today and I'm a little confused to find two seemingly identical external antennas (pagoda) in the box.   And reading through the product page and FAQ above, it's not really clear what I got or should have got...

This is in the FAQ above:

Going to have to let the professionals answer that question. Have you tried contacting tech support? I called them the day that I recieved the Goggles and was speaking to someone in less than 5 minutes.

I have not even used the two antenna's that were provided with the Goggles and have had zero issues. I fugured that they were only for use on Analog systems...
2017-12-14
Use props
DocQuicksand
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fans69973078 Posted at 2017-12-14 10:28
A Shame on DJI i did make the purchase on 2017-11-28, they told me that the glasses would be sent after 7 to 10 business days, at the time the deadline has expired, and after trying to contact customer support, the answer was that there is no stock for the glasses so I should only keep waiting.

A shame,  if i will known that they had no stock, i wouldn´t  have spent 608 dollars, for a shipment that did not arrive for Christmas

I hate to hear that. Have you tried using DJI's online chat to figure out when they are expected to ship? I did that after a week, and they told me that they would ship three days from then. They actually shipped them out the following day....
2017-12-14
Use props
Moreiron USA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 58648 ft
Chile

DocQuicksand Posted at 2017-12-14 16:14
I hate to hear that. Have you tried using DJI's online chat to figure out when they are expected to ship? I did that after a week, and they told me that they would ship three days from then. They actually shipped them out the following day....

Yes i did contact them, and they told me

we apologize but dont have stock for youre item
2017-12-15
Use props
DocQuicksand
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Moreiron USA Posted at 2017-12-15 04:05
Yes i did contact them, and they told me

we apologize but dont have stock for youre item

I'm sure that the demand is higher than the supply, they are very new. I was fortunate, I jumped on purchasing them early. Look on the Brightside, though you may not have them before the Holiday, you still will have them...
2017-12-15
Use props
NCPatrol
lvl.1
United States

DocQuicksand Posted at 2017-12-14 16:12
Going to have to let the professionals answer that question. Have you tried contacting tech support? I called them the day that I recieved the Goggles and was speaking to someone in less than 5 minutes.

I have not even used the two antenna's that were provided with the Goggles and have had zero issues. I fugured that they were only for use on Analog systems...

So you got two antennas too?  Good to know it (apparently) wasn't a mistake.  But there's nothing in the documentation saying there should be two in the box, let alone what each one does.

They are for analog.  I have several FPV quads and planes that have analog vidTXs on them.  I was able to get a fuzzy picture out of one when I played with the goggles yesterday, but really haven't looked in to what frequencies I need to set the TX to to be compatible with the new goggles.

I'll reach out to Tech support when I have a few minutes to kill.  Not overly pressing at the moment...I'll be sticking to the mavic this weekend!
2017-12-15
Use props
DocQuicksand
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

NCPatrol Posted at 2017-12-15 07:20
So you got two antennas too?  Good to know it (apparently) wasn't a mistake.  But there's nothing in the documentation saying there should be two in the box, let alone what each one does.

They are for analog.  I have several FPV quads and planes that have analog vidTXs on them.  I was able to get a fuzzy picture out of one when I played with the goggles yesterday, but really haven't looked in to what frequencies I need to set the TX to to be compatible with the new goggles.

I actually thought I saw documentation that came with mine that showed the two antenna's? But yes, two antenna's did come with mine, as well as a small gold coupling. I will have to look and get back with you. I did find it strange since I didn't purchase the package that would outfit another aircraft with the occusync, camera, etc...
2017-12-15
Use props
NCPatrol
lvl.1
United States

DocQuicksand Posted at 2017-12-15 07:29
I actually thought I saw documentation that came with mine that showed the two antenna's? But yes, two antenna's did come with mine, as well as a small gold coupling. I will have to look and get back with you. I did find it strange since I didn't purchase the package that would outfit another aircraft with the occusync, camera, etc...

Same here, just the standard package.   I have a mavic and a bunch of older analog stuff so it should do what I want.

I just chatted with tech support and the answer I got is that the 2nd antenna is a "spare in case the other one gets broken".   Not sure I believe that and I feel like they would have noted in the documentation that a spare antenna was included.

Only other thing I can think is the 2nd antenna could possibly be for the analog vid TX so they are matching?  Not really something I would expect or should be necessary, but it would explain the SMA coupler that also came with them.   Typically your TX and RX antennas are different and these appear to be identical.
2017-12-15
Use props
NCPatrol
lvl.1
United States

So here's the "What's in the Box" documentation that come with them..
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... s_RE_In_the_Box.pdf

They only list 1 Pagoda antenna and a "Reverse SMA Connector" (the gold coupler thing).

The occusync appears to use a completely different antenna connector (MMCX) so I don't think one of these would have been meant for that unit.

Either this is just a packaging mistake....or maybe they were having failures pre-shipping and threw and extra one in the early boxes to cut off a potential problem?  I'm stumped.
2017-12-15
Use props
DocQuicksand
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

NCPatrol Posted at 2017-12-15 08:00
Same here, just the standard package.   I have a mavic and a bunch of older analog stuff so it should do what I want.

I just chatted with tech support and the answer I got is that the 2nd antenna is a "spare in case the other one gets broken".   Not sure I believe that and I feel like they would have noted in the documentation that a spare antenna was included.

Just curious, kind of off topic. Do you own the standard DJI Goggles? I ask because I see what appears to be the standard DJI Goggle icon under your profile. The only reason that I am curious is that I have no Goggle icon in my profile, curious if it is just me, or maybe they just haven't created the RE Goggle icon yet...

I know, it's trivial....

Also, I wouldn't think that they were bi-directional antenna? Like you, I would expect a Tx and Rx specific antenna...
2017-12-15
Use props
NCPatrol
lvl.1
United States

DocQuicksand Posted at 2017-12-15 08:09
Just curious, kind of off topic. Do you own the standard DJI Goggles? I ask because I see what appears to be the standard DJI Goggle icon under your profile. The only reason that I am curious is that I have no Goggle icon in my profile, curious if it is just me, or maybe they just haven't created the RE Goggle icon yet...

I know, it's trivial....

I did have them but ditched for these when I saw that they supported the analog bands.   I'm guessing those icons come from whatever you register...
2017-12-15
Use props
DocQuicksand
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Know it is trivial, but why is there no DJI RE Goggle icon in my profile? I registered them through the assistant on Monday. Know they are new, perhaps no icon built yet?
2017-12-15
Use props
Alan M
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1581581 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

NCPatrol Posted at 2017-12-15 08:05
So here's the "What's in the Box" documentation that come with them..
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI+Goggles/20171122/DJI_Goggles_RE_In_the_Box.pdf

Hi NCPatrol

If you look at the page you linked it does state 2 antennas. X2 it in the upper right of the box.

Alan
2017-12-16
Use props
NCPatrol
lvl.1
United States

Alan M Posted at 2017-12-16 07:28
Hi NCPatrol

If you look at the page you linked it does state 2 antennas. X2 it in the upper right of the box.

Well, derp.  I glanced right over that.  

I still don't understand what the 2nd one is for, but it's good to know it's intentional!
2017-12-16
Use props
djiuser_ZiNzFEg
lvl.1
United States

Hello! I'm Trying to map out the connections from the air unit to this flight controller.

The air unit video states:

UART Rx to OSD Tx
UART Tx to OSD Rx
SBus port to Rx port
Signal GND to GND

Can someone help me translate this in regards to my flight controller? The flight controller is a CL Racing F4S
2017-12-17
Use props
GliderLov
New
Italy

Hi,

is there any means to output video to an external monitor or other like DVR or mobile phone or tablet?

2017-12-20
Use props
DroneRacer101
lvl.1
United States

NCPatrol Posted at 2017-12-16 10:00
Well, derp.  I glanced right over that.  

I still don't understand what the 2nd one is for, but it's good to know it's intentional!

The second one comes with a male to male SMA adapter so you can put the DJI antenna on your other quadcopters.  Since these are Left Hand Polarized you are not likely to have one and will need to use the DJI one.  
2017-12-20
Use props
DroneRacer101
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_ZiNzFEg Posted at 2017-12-17 13:19
Hello! I'm Trying to map out the connections from the air unit to this flight controller.

[view_image]

The ports you need are actually on the other side.  

On the top are SBUS and GND for the Signal Ground.
On the bottom are the power pads you connect your battery to, I think you'll need to power the Ocusync air from there. I don't see a 12V pad.
And the OSD UARTS I would connect to TX4 and RX4. That will provide telemetry data.

I used a different Flight Controller but using that info it should be pretty easy to translate.
2017-12-20
Use props
djiuser_KMFlQ0Z
lvl.2
United States

Wow DroneRacer101, great initial OcuSync Air setup video!  Mine just arrived (with the Racing Edition Goggle package),... but I see I am way behind the power curve of understanding this.  I have a generation 1 dji Phantom and my plan was to use the OcuSync Air to get some “learning time” at FPV flying by hanging it below the quad in place of my GoPro.  I didn’t realize that the OcuSync Air unit wasn’t “stand alone” powered, but instead has to be wired into the controller.  Yikes, is there a “hacker” way to do this with my generation 1 dji Phantom quad?  I plan to eventually buy a Mavic Pro, but I really wanted to get some FPV flying experience first,... can you help with this, or do I need to find a less expensive racing drone or just buy a Spark to make this work?  Also is it possible to upgrade to a controller similar to yours to fly my generation 1 dji Phantom so that the controller can be connected to the Racing Edition Goggles for more “live” flight information?  Thanks
2017-12-20
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules