Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Lens disconnected error?
12Next >
6549 43 2017-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans75d005bc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 797 ft
United Kingdom

Hi there

Can anyone tell me what is going on? When I connect a second controller to the Inspire 2 using an X5S camera I keep getting the error "Lens disconnected. Please check if it is properly mounted and fastened (twist counterclockwise to fasten)". The lens is connected properly and the camera works fine when just connnected to the master controller. I have tried all firmware updates but cannot get it to work. When I try to control the camera with the slave controller it will only work in the pan mode and springs back to centre when you let go of the sticks. Why is everything such a hassle? Any help appreciated?

Thanks
2017-11-22
Use props
Darren
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1192346 ft
Australia

Same. Straight after I just did a firmware "upgrade"
2017-11-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Have your tried to switch the Master RC and Slave RC?
We have transferred this issue to our engineers for test, if there is any feedback, I will keep you guys updated.
2017-11-23
Use props
Darren
lvl.2
Australia

I did a re-sync of slave to master and it appeared stable until power restart. After power up it started again.
Will try master slave swap and test
2017-11-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Darren @ CieloC Posted at 2017-11-23 03:26
I did a re-sync of slave to master and it appeared stable until power restart. After power up it started again.
Will try master slave swap and test

Sure, your feedback is very important to us, please keep us updated if there is any problem or improvement, thank you very much.
2017-11-23
Use props
Darren
lvl.2
Australia

Back-graded to ver ...010 (via Assistant 2) and still no fix.
Then swapped around the master & slave rc's and seems to be fixed.  1 test.
2nd rc had full control and no lens disconnects. There was also a focus problem (wouldn't focus with Manual or Auto) that was occurring with the disconnects which appears to be fixed as well. Hopefully...
I hope yours turns out ok fans75d005bc
2017-11-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Darren @ CieloC Posted at 2017-11-23 18:45
Back-graded to ver ...010 (via Assistant 2) and still no fix.
Then swapped around the master & slave rc's and seems to be fixed.  1 test.
2nd rc had full control and no lens disconnects. There was also a focus problem (wouldn't focus with Manual or Auto) that was occurring with the disconnects which appears to be fixed as well. Hopefully...

Darren, if the problem persist, we would like you to export the Black Box data to us for analysis.
Let's hope it will not happen again.
2017-11-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-23 00:13
Have your tried to switch the Master RC and Slave RC?
We have transferred this issue to our engineers for test, if there is any feedback, I will keep you guys updated.

If the problem persists, please kindly export the Black Box to us for further analysis.
Please connect aircraft to DJI Assistant 2, find Black Box and then export, thank you. black box.png
2017-11-24
Use props
fans7cdac479
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1249006 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Same exact problem. Updated today and found the "Lens Disconnected" error. No problems before. This is 100% related to the update.
We changed the master controller to the slave and then back again. Seems to have fixed it.
2017-11-24
Use props
Darren
lvl.2
Australia

So..I try again to upgrade to 0200 via Assistant 2 and it 'appears' to be successful.
Now I'm getting "Aircraft Disconnected". No video or No signal.
Restarted multiple times and relinked controller. Can power up motors from rc.
What now? Downgrade again?
2017-11-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans7cdac479 Posted at 2017-11-24 17:14
Same exact problem. Updated today and found the "Lens Disconnected" error. No problems before. This is 100% related to the update.
We changed the master controller to the slave and then back again. Seems to have fixed it.

Sorry for the trouble that has been caused, please keep me updated if the problem persists.
2017-11-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Darren @ CieloC Posted at 2017-11-26 16:13
So..I try again to upgrade to 0200 via Assistant 2 and it 'appears' to be successful.

If the RC links successfully to the aircraft, the ''Aircraft Disconnected'' should disappear.
Please check Overall Status to see if there is any error message, like Gimbal Disconnected or Lens Disconnected.
2017-11-27
Use props
TjS 9
lvl.1
United States

Have you guy found a fix for this?  Got the same issue.  Updated to the latest firmware and lens is suddenly not connected anymore.  FW downgrade and switching Master&Slave both did not help.

Hope to get this fixed without sending in the entire machine! :-/
2017-12-5
Use props
ReesAerials
lvl.1
United States

HELLO!!! Somebody seriously needs to fix this issue.  I have a second controller that is absolutely useless to me... which means the entire aircraft is useless.  What is DJI doing to fix this damn problem?
2017-12-10
Use props
Flight AV
lvl.2
United States

Shame on you DJI. 4000 engineers in your company and you can’t ship an update that’d doesn’t disable your top of the line products?  Same issue here. SMDH
2017-12-16
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Darren @ CieloC Posted at 2017-11-26 16:13

This sounds the same as I'm getting with my old P4 Std.  All updates are current as is iOS 11.2.1 but the Disconnected screen comes up a lot.  Sometimes it loses some items in the Aircraft menu too like the C1 and C2 I've set there as well as the RTH altitude.  If I unplug and replug the USB cable a few times, it begins working (And yes, I've tried multiple cables too.).

Something ain't right with either GO 4.1.8 or iOS 11.2.1 so I've grounded the I2 in the meantime.  The I2 is on another iPAd and RC but the issue remains with both.  Has to be a connection issue with GO to iOS, imho.

2017-12-16
Use props
timkkkk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122162 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Same issue here, LENS DISCONNECTED
did a refresh on firmware, no fix
when i mount another X5S the issue is gone
2017-12-17
Use props
Aerials North
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1249006 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Never mind, it’s still screwed! Can’t fly dual operator. The “fix” only allows single operator after switching your master to slave and back, but forget about technical flights that require two people. Not possible. Just about ruined our car commercial shoot today. Had to cut the shot list in half. Director was not  impressed and neither are we.
2017-12-17
Use props
fans6b63bfb7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2568770 ft
  • >>>
United States

RUINING MY DAMN JOB RIGHT NOW. I didn't even do an Update and my lens disconnects every 5 mins
2017-12-19
Use props
fans6b63bfb7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2568770 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just can't keep doing this with DJI. I've own just about every product and something like this always happens
2017-12-19
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

ReesAerials Posted at 2017-12-10 14:43
HELLO!!! Somebody seriously needs to fix this issue.  I have a second controller that is absolutely useless to me... which means the entire aircraft is useless.  What is DJI doing to fix this damn problem?

Are you using iOS devices?  Have you updated your device to the latest iOS version 11.2.1?  This could be the problem... sometimes need to reinstall the DJI Go 4 App too
Rich
2017-12-19
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are you using iOS devices?  Have you updated your device to the latest iOS version 11.2.1?  This could be the problem... sometimes need to reinstall the DJI Go 4 App too
Rich
2017-12-19
Use props
Kelly57
lvl.2
United States

I hope some one can figure this out, as I am having the same problem.  At first I was getting a prompt that read "cannot detect camera lens".  I contacted DJI and they had me send the camera back.  They said that they could find nothing wrong with the camera, but they were replacing it any way.  Got the new camera, and it was the same thing.  Called DJI and they had me do a removal and re-install of DJI GO 4.  Now I get the prompt that the camera lens is disconnected and I need to check it by turning counterclockwise.  The camera is mounted correctly.  Sure could use some help.
2017-12-22
Use props
Kelly57
lvl.2
United States

Is this thread just going to wither and die??  It seems like we all share a similar problem with no resolution in sight.  Does DJI even acknowledge this problem?  
2017-12-27
Use props
fans435576ad
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1294334 ft
United States

Did anyone find a definitive answer to this problem?  
2018-1-4
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

I hope DJI would release update to fix this very important issue
2018-1-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans435576ad Posted at 2018-1-4 16:51
Did anyone find a definitive answer to this problem?

Hello Sir, do you have the same problem and may I know which camera you are using?
2018-1-6
Use props
Kelly57
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy  I think you were addressing fans435576ad when you asked which camera he was using.  I have this same problem with lens disconnected.  I have been asking for help with my Inspire 2 and X5S, but you seem to reply to everyone but me.
2018-1-8
Use props
FoChap
lvl.1
Flight distance : 140285 ft
United States

I have the same problem. X5S camera. Only when connecting 2nd controller. I have tried all of the above "solutions" but nothing has worked. Please fix this DJI!
2018-1-10
Use props
GJ 8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34360 ft
Netherlands

Dear DJI. I have the same problem. After updating to firmware -300 first the Inspire 2 was reacting erratic to yaw inputs, at the same time the gimbal was also having a life of its own. Restarting the drone fixed that (I thought).

Now, when using dual controls, whenever I (or rather my cameraman) pan(s) the camera (MUSE 5) the gimbal will return to center position in 1 second, while the gimbal setting is in FREE mode, tilting works oke. Also I receive warning about lens disconected while the lens is fully connected, no damage or debris. Also, sometimes I receive warning about controller firmware when all firmware is latest available installed.
2018-1-26
Use props
fans03e611cd
New
Austria

Dear DJI,

Yesterday I had a job, filming a ski tour high up on the mountains. I only brought the Inspire 2 because of the waight our team had to carry.
The copter flew for 30 seconds and then crashed down like a snow without any reason. It didn´t really got damaged, but also always says. Lens disconnected and the camera pans back to the center in a secon when using the slave controller as well. When the insident happend I only was flying with 1 remote only, because the problem with the 2nd controller already occured befor the start.
Besides of the problem with the Inspire 2, which still seams unsolved, I lost a 2.000 € and a really important customer, who gave me a good chance filming these scene for Austrian TV.
So what is your suggestion and concession to this ? Will you send me an replacement copter till the problem is solved ? I still have work to cover. Please get back to me with an proposal on my email: lothar.hofer@me.com / 00436502708505
Also my company partner bought the matrice 600 with Ronin. The only reason was flying with the Alexa Mini, which also does not work. Please let us know how we can return the Matrice back because of not working as specified. Do we need an RMA for this ?
Best regards,
Lothar Hofer  
2018-1-26
Use props
FoChap
lvl.1
Flight distance : 140285 ft
United States

A user on another thread found a fix that worked for me. It appears that my camera controller had a firmware update that DJI Go was not notifying me about.

In order to update that controller, power on the second controller, power on the mobile device, connect the two of them and start DJI Go. You want to make sure that the other controller (main) and the drone are both powered off throughout this process.

As soon as DJI Go started it notified me that the second controller needed an update. After updating, things are back to normal. I hope it works for you all as well!

2018-1-28
Use props
fans435576ad
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1294334 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-6 01:49
Hello Sir, do you have the same problem and may I know which camera you are using?

Inspire 2, X5S
2018-2-2
Use props
Dinos6
lvl.2

Finland

Look like I have a decision:
SmartSelectImage_2018-02-03-05-08-18.png
2018-2-2
Use props
mkheng.kurnia
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10251168 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Today I went to fly my Inspire 2 X5S and an error message 'Lens disconnected. Please check if it is properly mounted and fastened (twist counter-clockwise to fasten)’

As a result I am unable to focus the camera and the F stop has disappeared. I have removed the lens and have tried various lens and the error message is still there. I even fitted a different X5S camera and I still get the same message.

I have another Inspire 2 with all the same, latest firmware, and the error is not there. I have fitted  both X5S cameras to my other I2 and it works fine. This leads me to think it’s not the camera or lens at all that’s the problem but the Inspire 2.

I have deleted the Go4 app and reinstalled, rolled back the firmware on the I2, updated to the latest firmware again, cleaned the contacts, done everything I can think of but the error is still there.

This is nuts. Two identical Inspires and one has the error code the other doesn’t.
2018-3-4
Use props
fans865fe039
New
Flight distance : 21765 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am having same issue with Inspire 2, X5R, Cendence and Crystal Sky UH Monitor.
2018-3-16
Use props
fans865fe039
New
Flight distance : 21765 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans865fe039 Posted at 2018-3-16 18:47
I am having same issue with Inspire 2, X5R, Cendence and Crystal Sky UH Monitor.

Switched to Lumix G. No problems.
2018-3-16
Use props
fans97bc192e
lvl.2
Flight distance : 238740 ft
Bulgaria

I am having the same lens disconnected problems with Olympus 9-18mm and 45mm. Switching to Dji 15 and Olympus 25mm there are no issues. It’s strange... I’m using I2/X5s and Cadence with Crystal Sky.
2018-3-20
Use props
AERISRUN
lvl.2
Flight distance : 909685 ft
  • >>>
Réunion

Same problem here,

giving proudly my second remote to the client and facing my uncapacity to solve the problem. Professionnaly, this is a shame !

I'am getting every day more upset with dji product !

I started having issues with a Laowa 7.5mm not recognized by the I2 (but this is OK) and then the remote with last firmware and Goapp4 re installed.

Dji, bring a fix quick !

Regards.
Adrien
2018-3-20
Use props
Akira Class
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9890276 ft
  • >>>

fans7cdac479 Posted at 2017-11-24 17:14

Me too... Have the same issue. I have the latest firmware as well.
2018-3-22
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules