Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
First Time Calibration Problems
499 7 2017-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ixaan
lvl.1
United States

Hello,
I just got an Osmo Mobile and couldn't find the answers to my problems anywhere else. I am on firmware 1.6.0.80 on a Pixel 2 XL. The app doesn't say there is a firmware update available if that isn't the most up to date one. I have run the calibration tool multiple times. When it finishes, the phone is tilted upwards about 15 degrees rather than straight upright and I have to manually lower it with either my hand or the joystick and continues to reposition itself this way anytime I double tap the trigger. Occasionally, it even just points itself straight upward in the middle of fidgeting through the settings menus. It also rolls up and down while panning left and right and refuses to go perfectly horizontal when I manually move it. Is there a way to fix any of these problems? Thanks.
2017-11-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 1859961 ft
Netherlands

What happens if you turn OFF the Osmo Mobile, balance your phone (move left or right in the clamp) and shake the combination mildly?
Does your phone remain about level, or does it fall to one side?
2017-11-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Netherlands

If it falls to one side, you are off balance and need to re-adjust by moving your phone in the opposite direction.
2017-11-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Netherlands

It starts at about 1:49
2017-11-22
Use props
Ixaan
lvl.1
United States

It remains steady when I turn it off completely.
2017-11-22
Use props
cat824
lvl.3
Flight distance : 48114 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Was the gimbal calibration done on a flat level surface away from electromagnetic interference?
2017-11-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft

Have you tried other mobile device with smaller size except for Pixel 2 XL?
2017-11-22
Use props
Ixaan
lvl.1
United States

I tried it several times on a totally flat surface away from any other electronics. I even have the base to make sure it is totally level. I don't have any other devices to try it with, unfortunately. The rolling left and right when using the joystick is getting worse too, as it now also happens when I physically turn with the device. It only seems to actually keep it level when I set up the angle perfectly in advance and keep it in the static mode with the trigger held down. Panning around this way and going straight forward and backward seems to be the only way it tracks well for me. It may just be a problem with the compatibility with the phone and not the device itself, but it just isn't performing the way it is supposed to.
2017-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules