Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Aircraft ownership transfer
8107 12 2017-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jcgoobee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 476119 ft
United States

Hello,

I just purchased a new Mavic and planning on selling the Spark on eBay. The Spark is currently registered under my DJI user ID. How do I go by unregistering myself before selling it? The reason I ask this, is concern about the future owner may crash the Spark and cause property damage which I don't want to be liable for.

Thanks in advance for the feedback.
2017-11-22
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

The owner will register it to their own name and won’t have any access to your account and you the seller don’t have to do anything.  
2017-11-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Lucas is right, the new owner and others won't have the access to your account. BTW, don't forget to sweep off your files on the SD card if you are going to sell it with the drone, too.
2017-11-23
Use props
jcgoobee
lvl.4
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-23 00:04
Lucas is right, the new owner and others won't have the access to your account. BTW, don't forget to sweep off your files on the SD card if you are going to sell it with the drone, too.

Great point, Lucas. I totally forgot about the MicroSD card. I will remove it. Many thanks gents.
2017-11-23
Use props
G_Sig
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

Just if its a new user. If the buyer already have account at DJI he just fly it. I bought used Mavic few months  ago and have not been able to register it on my name as I already had account at DJI.
2017-11-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

G_Sig Posted at 2017-11-23 01:40
Just if its a new user. If the buyer already have account at DJI he just fly it. I bought used Mavic few months  ago and have not been able to register it on my name as I already had account at DJI.

If you connect the drone and fly it under your account, flight records will be generated under your account.
For the drone's register, coz it was activated before, this info can not be rewritten. So the new user doesn't need to activate the drone again.
2017-11-29
Use props
travoose42
lvl.2
Flight distance : 130315 ft
United States

Same boat, selling my Spark...so I just make sure the memory card is wiped clean, send it to that person, they connect to drone/controller and it will just automatically start using their account information when they setup & register/login in the DJI Go App?
2018-1-30
Use props
jcgoobee
lvl.4
United States

travoose42 Posted at 2018-1-30 16:12
Same boat, selling my Spark...so I just make sure the memory card is wiped clean, send it to that person, they connect to drone/controller and it will just automatically start using their account information when they setup & register/login in the DJI Go App?

Thanks. I ended up keeping my Spark since I like it so much, for its portability and fun-to-use gesture control.
2018-1-30
Use props
ConfusionMaster
lvl.1
United States

Lucas is right, the new owner and others won't have the access to your account. BTW, don't forget to sweep off your files on the SD card if you are going to sell it with the drone, too.

I naught my first drone on a separat account, but I plan on using this account for flying.  Can I register that drone to this account for Dji Select?
2019-1-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

ConfusionMaster Posted at 1-27 07:30
I naught my first drone on a separat account, but I plan on using this account for flying.  Can I register that drone to this account for Dji Select?

Hi ConfusionMaster, sorry for that it is not able to change the registry account for the drone. Sorry for the inconvenience.
2019-1-28
Use props
CharlJordaan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 790177 ft
United States

What about if i had multiple drones all with a differnt account. I want to have all my flight data under my one user account.. can i transfer data..
2020-6-26
Use props
gittarpikk
lvl.1

United States

G_Sig Posted at 2017-11-23 01:40
Just if its a new user. If the buyer already have account at DJI he just fly it. I bought used Mavic few months  ago and have not been able to register it on my name as I already had account at DJI.

Are you referring to forum account or another account at DJI.
I am looking to possibly buy a mini SE or something similar...maybe a bigger one, I dunno, but I just registered on this forum,When I buy a used drone, what do I need to do fo fly/use it?
2023-5-10
Use props
jhonsmithds
New

Pakistan

Hello,

Congratulations on your new Mavic! To unregister your DJI Spark before selling it, you can follow these steps:

Begin by opening the DJI GO 4 app on your mobile device.
Connect your DJI Spark to the app using the appropriate method (Wi-Fi or cable).
Once connected, tap on the three horizontal lines at the top left corner of the screen to access the menu.
From the menu, select "Me" to open your account settings.
Within the account settings, locate the option for "My Aircraft" or "My Drones."
You should see your DJI Spark listed there. Tap on it to access its settings.
Look for the option to "Unlink" or "Unregister" the drone from your DJI account.
Follow the prompts to complete the process of unlinking the Spark from your account.
By unregistering the drone from your DJI user ID, you will disassociate yourself from it, removing any liability for future use or accidents caused by the new owner. This will also allow the future owner to register the Spark under their own DJI user ID.

It's always a good practice to include a clear note or mention in your eBay listing that you have unregistered the drone from your DJI account to reassure potential buyers.

I hope this information helps! Let me know if you have any further questions, Click here. https://cincinnatidentalservices.org/
2023-7-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules