New Mavic Pro Firmware Released (23/11/2017)
64893 348 2017-11-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MavicAlpha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 243770 ft
Malaysia

4.1.18 not affect to every android, my huawei media pad works well and my HTC one M8 live video not working like someone posted in page 1 or page 2.this was not cause by the new firmware, after i update DJI go without update my firmware to latest, my HTC already not working well
2017-11-25
Use props
Simmo1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1624 ft
Australia

Yeah, someone posted that they think its a CPU usage thing, and I tend to agree?? My S7 will work, but mt Tab A wont... Drone Hamony works on both devices...
I am really looking forwadr to the Pano function...
2017-11-25
Use props
Blizzard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 173734 ft

Belgium

After update and starting to fly in control zone the app Go4 is giving me 2 warnings: 1 about dji rules 2 acceptance to fly in a control zone. Because my screen is small both warnings are superimposed and I can’t accept neither of the two?
2017-11-25
Use props
fansfb1bf277
lvl.3
Flight distance : 104449 ft
Ukraine

does anybody know, if I update the firmware on a mavic to the latest version, will it work with previous versions of dji go 4 app on android? say, .10 or .14
2017-11-25
Use props
Mari
First Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

Upgraded to lastest FW... took me 20  minutes to perform... no problems... now find some time to go outside and fly the MP...
2017-11-25
Use props
djiuser_CDuwYEd
New

United States

About the Android platform.   I had issues with both my Mavic and Spark with Android on Galaxy Prime J3 and the Grand Prime. The issues were mainly the video feed.  It was distorted and delayed, making it useless.  When connecting my iPad Mini 4, the problems did not exist.
2017-11-25
Use props
tim4flight
lvl.2
Flight distance : 539518 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ARRUGH! DJI - What have you done? I just upgraded to the latest firmware 01.04.0100....now, video transmission is pixelated (green pixel image)! I'm currently in the process of rolling back the RC controller and firmware to 01.04.0000 on the aircraft. I hope this can revert it back to its workable state! What's happening? I'm doing this via DJI assistant 2. Yet some ppl are fine upgrading? I've refreshed this new firmware twice now - and still the same problem with the video transmission.
2017-11-25
Use props
SteveGross
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3602 ft
United States

bernardren07 Posted at 2017-11-23 05:22
Anyone update firmware and stable?

NO, Do not update if using a nexus 7 or many other video devices.
2017-11-25
Use props
SteveGross
lvl.1
United States

bernardren07 Posted at 2017-11-23 05:22
Anyone update firmware and stable?

DO Not Update in most cases
2017-11-25
Use props
bernardren07
Second Officer
Flight distance : 48504 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

SteveGross Posted at 2017-11-25 08:44
DO Not Update in most cases

ok. Wait for dji fix android app first. Thank you alot
2017-11-25
Use props
SteveGross
lvl.1
United States

tim4flight Posted at 2017-11-25 08:27
ARRUGH! DJI - What have you done? I just upgraded to the latest firmware 01.04.0100....now, video transmission is pixelated (green pixel image)! I'm currently in the process of rolling back the RC controller and firmware to 01.04.0000 on the aircraft. I hope this can revert it back to its workable state! What's happening? I'm doing this via DJI assistant 2. Yet some ppl are fine upgrading? I've refreshed this new firmware twice now - and still the same problem with the video transmission.

are you using a tablet?
2017-11-25
Use props
tim4flight
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

tim4flight Posted at 2017-11-25 08:27

Just to give you more info. I'm on the latest firmware of the IOS platform as stated on the first page of this thread. I recommend NOT to upgrade yet.

Phew...just rolled back to the previous version!
2017-11-25
Use props
tim4flight
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes, Ipad Air 2 and also iphone 6s plus
2017-11-25
Use props
J.T.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2076637 ft
Italy

Update yesterday night and for the very first time i recive the upgrade fail message.... never had any problem with other firmware but i think it'should happend to everyone at least once.... anyway redone the update and all goes well.... now I have to wait good weather to deeply test the drone in flight....
2017-11-25
Use props
fansb6b73af4
lvl.1
United States

This update just aged out my note 4.  I'm getting the video issues everyone else is getting. The strange thing is it works perfectly on my wife's blackberry. Yes I said blackberry! it actually works better on her blackberry then it has ever worked on the note 4 or the iPhone 7 she had. The Blackberry has more software bloat than any phone I have ever messed with and the video is silky smooth.
2017-11-25
Use props
TXFlyer
New
United States

First time poster here.  I purchased my DJI Mavic Pro around August 2017.  I utilized whatever the stock firmware was that came with the unit  (don't know the version) with my Android Nougat phone.  The Mavic worked great out of the box, and I had no issues with functionality.

On Thanksgiving, I decided to fly the drone, and so I had to update the firmware.

I took the unit up today, and like many have mentioned, I am getting extreme pixelation and video lag on my drone flying in very low populated areas I had zero problems flying in before. When the drone is close to me, it appears to be responding to joystick and gimbal commands just fine.  However, the video is absolutely lagging and pixelating.

For example, I turn to the left on the drone and it immediately turns left... then 1 to 3 seconds later, the video catches up.

This is all very disappointing.
2017-11-25
Use props
TXFlyer
New
United States

In terms of the very pixelated, choppy, and laggy video feed, the general theme of the comments here indicates that iOS runs fine with the new firmware, and Android encounters the problem on some devices.

Another poster mention he had luck downgrading from 4.1.18 to an earlier DJI Go App.  So, I decided to downgrade my DJI Go App on my Android phone to 4.1.15 and immediately had better results with the video feed.  Something happened in the 4.1.18 update that broke many of our Android feeds.
2017-11-25
Use props
Dirk52
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232995 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Fyi

2017-11-25
Use props
fansb6b73af4
lvl.1
United States

Downgrading the app may or may not work. I was actually still on the older app and had the problem. I assumed it was an app version issue and updated the app. It made no difference.
2017-11-25
Use props
Thunderbirds
lvl.4
Flight distance : 339888 ft
Canada

anyone regret upgrading to latest firmware?
2017-11-25
Use props
fansaacba8fa
New

United States

Wow, what a wonky experience! I hit some issues as well. I use a dedicated Samsung Galaxy S5 running Android 6.0.1. Never had issues with it. So, I updated the Mavic firmware:

App 4.1.18
Aircraft 1.04.0100
RC 1.04.0100
Aircraft database 1.00.01.07
App database 1.00.01.07
Fly safe 1.00.01.05

...and got the "laggy/pixilated screen" issue! I've seen this happen when I tried running DJI GO4 on an older tablet- a Galaxy Tab S. It just didn't have enough processor/memory/something to run it and was laggy/pixilated. I suspect the new firmware/DJI combo has some kind of memory issue that perhaps tablets with more "umpf" may be able to gloss over...

Reverting the DJI GO back to 4.1.15 as described in prior posts DID fix it for me. Which is strange...I update the Mavic firmware, and to fix it...had to downgrade the app...

Here's a link to DJI GO4 4.1.15:
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dj ... droid-apk-download/
2017-11-25
Use props
HomePoint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

QuadKid Posted at 2017-11-23 06:14
I use Microsoft Image Compositor it can be d/loaded here for free ICE and/or Hugin d/load here for free Hugin

Thanks for this info, Hugin works like a treat, exactly what I have been looking for.
2017-11-25
Use props
Brum Ken
lvl.4
Flight distance : 787877 ft
United Kingdom

I have just updated and the picture is pixelated its rubbish
2017-11-25
Use props
fans42728b33
lvl.1
Flight distance : 157434 ft
United States

[url=]https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/dji-go-4/dji-go-4-4-1-15-release/dji-go-4-for-drones-since-p4-4-1-15-2-android-apk-download/download/[/url]...unistall new update and app and than down load this link..this will help resolve video..make sure to turn off auto apdates or it will go back to new one..hope this helps people
2017-11-25
Use props
fans42728b33
lvl.1
Flight distance : 157434 ft
United States

Unistall app. Than download 4.1.15apk. Than turn off auto updates. Hope this helps people.  Just had to do it for my tablet and my galaxy note
2017-11-25
Use props
SiV drone
New
United States

Updated yesterday - no issues, downloaded and pushed as usual - successful update acknowledged in the app. Unfortunately after updating i had immediate connection issues - my phone (Samsung Note 8) began dropping the connection - a new phenomena. But even worse, the controller and drone lost connection several times with the drone very inconveniently returning home. This NEVER happened before. Most recent problems occurred in a very open park area so no sources of external interference. Before the recent update - my connections were absolutely rock solid. Anyone else having connection issues after the most recent firmware updates?
2017-11-25
Use props
fansb6b73af4
lvl.1
United States

Very much. I upgraded for my trip this week and now it's just dead weight in my travel bag
2017-11-25
Use props
Gunglejim
lvl.2
Flight distance : 102359 ft
Canada

4WhpGsYNQxeQ Posted at 2017-11-23 21:18
I updated my DJI Go 4 app and firmware today and as a result my Mavic is grounded. Symptoms are exactly the same as reported by GovGeek. Video link is essentially non-functional. I tried refreshing the R/C and Mavic firmware but no change.

With this "upgrade" I see we can no longer revert back to the previous firmware version so I am stuck until there is a fix.

Found rolling back to DJI GO4 Ver 4.1.15 from the 4.1.18  worked, but you lose the use of the Pano option. So this tells me it's the app was at fault.
Can find earlier versions of app here: https://apkpure.com/
2017-11-25
Use props
Route77
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1499 ft
United Kingdom

I am tired of doing all these updates DJI. The machine I bought months back, I am totally happy with, I don't get the need to add after market features, where the potential to break something is rife, where there are horrid reports of people's updates grounding their $1000 machines and then you remove the very process where you cannot downgrade. I don't find it acceptable at all reading all the horror stories here and I am definitely not updating, sick of being beta testers of firmware updates process nearly every month.
2017-11-25
Use props
Salmonslayer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 100220 ft
Canada

Can u still fly your Mavic without doing this upgrade without problems, how do u do that if your being asked to up date... Just ignore it?
2017-11-25
Use props
ethaniel
lvl.1
Thailand

I crashed my Mavic Pro with this update. Video broke up (everything became green) and because I was flying close to a building, the gps interference (and my lack of situational awareness) caused my Mavic Pro to fly into the building.
With photos: https://imgur.com/gallery/H1JQV

2017-11-25
Use props
SafariMan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 67703 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Route77 Posted at 2017-11-25 18:38
I am tired of doing all these updates DJI. The machine I bought months back, I am totally happy with, I don't get the need to add after market features, where the potential to break something is rife, where there are horrid reports of people's updates grounding their $1000 machines and then you remove the very process where you cannot downgrade. I don't find it acceptable at all reading all the horror stories here and I am definitely not updating, sick of being beta testers of firmware updates process nearly every month.

I 100% agree with you. It’s such a shame for DJI. I wonder how they are testing the software. After one year with the mavic I never saw one update without a problem. As I wrote earlier never update on day one, or even week one, a dji product. I am so glad to still be on .0900
2017-11-25
Use props
SafariMan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 67703 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Route77 Posted at 2017-11-25 18:38

I 100% agree with you. It’s such a shame for DJI. I wonder how they are testing the software. After one year with the mavic I never saw one update without a problem. As I wrote earlier never update on day one, or even week one, a dji product. I am so glad to still be on .0900
2017-11-25
Use props
brandonquek
New
Flight distance : 435981 ft
Malaysia

Dji go 4 app loading time is more longer,live feed pixelated…I'm using lg v20 h990ds
2017-11-25
Use props
bernardren07
Second Officer
Flight distance : 48504 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

bernardren07 Posted at 2017-11-23 20:34
Hi. Use latest Dumlore v2.00

Hi. How is test downgrade? I heard some they unable to downgrade. Only v1.04.0000 able to downgrade
2017-11-25
Use props
ethaniel
lvl.1
Thailand

bernardren07 Posted at 2017-11-25 23:29
Hi. How is test downgrade? I heard some they unable to downgrade. Only v1.04.0000 able to downgrade

I reverted back to 1.4.15 on my Android, but just experienced similar video glitches AND a control lag of 15 seconds. On top of that right in the middle of my flight when I have less than 20% battery left, my app is blocked with a window which says the following: "inconsistent firmware found" and then my app crashes WHILE my drone is still IN FLIGHT.

God damn it, DJI.

2017-11-25
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

I really feel bad for all of you Android users that are having such a problem. (I am an iDevice user) I don't work for nor have any financial interest in DJI nor their software developers but to be honest, they can only do so much with the Android OS. Go to Wikipedia and read about the Android OS. After reading the article, I am amazed that some of you phones and tablets running old and/or modified versions of the Android OS will even work with the DJI software updated to run on the most current Android OS. When DJI develops their software for iOS they have one and only one version to work with. When they develop their software to run on an Android device they have as many versions of the Android OS to deal with as the verity of Android devices (100s). Every Android device is running a slightly different version of the Android OS. And many Android manufacturers OS is months out of date. So, if the DJI developers are tweaking their software for the most current version of the "Official Android Software"  then only the most current Google Phones or Tablets would be compatible. Since Google is the only manufacturer pushing out their software to their products. I am not saying you should get an iDevice, I am saying you should try understand the limitations of the Android OS and not blame all the issues on DJI. Granted, DJI isn't perfect and anytime a developer tweaks the software they could screwup a line of code and break it. That's the reason for releases quickly following a release, so they are trying. But it is an impossible task to fix all of the Android OS problems. Me along with many other iDevice users have Not had any problems with FW and GO4 software updates and why is that, because Apple OS developers maintain very tight control on the OS and DJI developers only have one version of the iOS to content with, expert that there was major issues between iOS 10 and 11, which now seems to have been resolved.

All that being said, I really do feel bad for you all, because be bought these Mavics to have fun, and you really aren't.
2017-11-26
Use props
Welsh Mavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 26493 ft
France

Updated yesterday, tried the Mavic and yep, green garb all over my Android screen.  Geez.

Those who are saying to get the earlier software from apkmirror, I got it and when I go to install and it shows permissions that the app needs, one says ' make calls directly'  Is that normal???

See image.

Thanks.

2017-11-26
Use props
Naturephoto_AN
New
Flight distance : 784 ft
Finland

Firmware update failed, again! After about an hour of uploading the firmware (stuck at 78%), the dreaded message appeared. Error suggested restarting device and app. Now, the controller (connected to phone) cannot connect to the drone anymore. Tried with other batteries and restarting everything. No luck. I am too getting fed up with DJI's inability to roll out a properly tested firmware and application!

The DJI Go 4 app says firmware up to date, but of course it knows nothing about that of the drone.Any suggestion for next steps to fix the connection between the controller and drone?
2017-11-26
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Locoman Posted at 2017-11-26 00:24
I really feel bad for all of you Android users that are having such a problem. (I am an iDevice user) I don't work for nor have any financial interest in DJI nor their software developers but to be honest, they can only do so much with the Android OS. Go to Wikipedia and read about the Android OS. After reading the article, I am amazed that some of you phones and tablets running old and/or modified versions of the Android OS will even work with the DJI software updated to run on the most current Android OS. When DJI develops their software for iOS they have one and only one version to work with. When they develop their software to run on an Android device they have as many versions of the Android OS to deal with as the verity of Android devices (100s). Every Android device is running a slightly different version of the Android OS. And many Android manufacturers OS is months out of date. So, if the DJI developers are tweaking their software for the most current version of the "Official Android Software"  then only the most current Google Phones or Tablets would be compatible. Since Google is the only manufacturer pushing out their software to their products. I am not saying you should get an iDevice, I am saying you should try understand the limitations of the Android OS and not blame all the issues on DJI. Granted, DJI isn't perfect and anytime a developer tweaks the software they could screwup a line of code and break it. That's the reason for releases quickly following a release, so they are trying. But it is an impossible task to fix all of the Android OS problems. Me along with many other iDevice users have Not had any problems with FW and GO4 software updates and why is that, because Apple OS developers maintain very tight control on the OS and DJI developers only have one version of the iOS to content with, expert that there was major issues between iOS 10 and 11, which now seems to have been resolved.

All that being said, I really do feel bad for you all, because be bought these Mavics to have fun, and you really aren't.

Not quite sure i understand your contradictory statement here:

Me along with many other iDevice users have Not had any problems with FW and GO4 software updates and why is that, because Apple OS developers maintain very tight control on the OS and DJI developers only have one version of the iOS to content with, expert that there was major issues between iOS 10 and 11, which now seems to have been resolved.

Both OS's have problems at one time or another.........that's why i use Google phones. Nexus 6 and Pixel XL and have had ZERO problems since May that weren't my own cause.

I see problems here most everyday with iOS phones, tablets and MAC's so i don't agree with you at all.
2017-11-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules