New Mavic Pro Firmware Released (23/11/2017)
64882 348 2017-11-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alexandr123
New

Russia

new firmware bring new bugs )
first time ever I'm got exit p-gps mode on my mavic immediatly after update to 1.4.0100

R        08m 55s        30.4 m        829 m        Tip        Tips__Pano successful.
S        08m 55s        30.4 m        829 m        Mode        Mode changed to GPS_Atti
        09m 34s        30.4 m        829 m       

65% Battery at maximum distance
        10m 44s        22.2 m        465 m       

60% Battery
T        11m 26s        21.0 m        85 m        Tip        Obstacle Avoided. Revise Flight Route
        13m 16s        18.4 m        38 m       

50% Battery
U        13m 35s        26.7 m        83 m        Tip        Obstacle Avoided. Revise Flight Route
V        13m 49s        26.8 m        60 m        Tip        Obstacle Avoided. Revise Flight Route
W        13m 50s        26.7 m        55 m        Warning        Speed Error
X        13m 59s        26.7 m        48 m        Tip        Obstacle Avoided. Revise Flight Route
Y        14m 00s        26.8 m        46 m        Warning        Speed Error
Z        14m 01s        25.9 m        45 m        Warning        Yaw Error
a        14m 06s        25.8 m        28 m        Tip        Obstacle Avoided. Revise Flight Route
b        14m 07s        25.7 m        25 m        Warning        Speed Error
c        14m 08s        25.7 m        26 m        Warning        Yaw Error
d        14m 09s        25.8 m        28 m        Warning        Compass Error
e        14m 09s        25.8 m        29 m        Mode        Mode changed to Atti
f        14m 09s        25.8 m        29 m        Warning        Warning:Compass Error. Exit P-GPS Mode
g        14m 10s        25.8 m        29 m        Warning        Compass Error
h        14m 10s        25.8 m        32 m        Warning        Compass Error. Warning:In Flight, working IMU encounters heading exception,please switch to atti mode if craft behave abnormally
i        14m 10s        25.8 m        32 m        Warning        Compass Error
j        14m 15s        25.8 m        41 m        Warning        Compass Error. Warning:Weak GPS signal. Positional accuracy may be compromised. Please fly with caution.
k        14m 15s        25.8 m        41 m        Warning        Compass Error
l        14m 15s        25.8 m        41 m        Mode        Mode changed to GPS_Atti
m        14m 15s        25.8 m        42 m        Warning        Yaw Error
n        14m 16s        25.8 m        42 m        Warning        Compass Error
o        14m 16s        25.8 m        41 m        Warning        Yaw Error
p        14m 21s        25.7 m        23 m        Warning        Speed Error
q        14m 25s        25.7 m        45 m        Warning        Compass Error
r        14m 27s        25.9 m        48 m        Mode        Mode changed to Atti
s        14m 27s        25.9 m        48 m        Warning        Warning:Compass Error. Exit P-GPS Mode
t        14m 28s        25.9 m        48 m        Warning        Compass Error
u        14m 28s        25.9 m        47 m        Warning        Compass Error. Warning:In Flight, working IMU encounters heading exception,please switch to atti mode if craft behave abnormally
v        14m 28s        25.9 m        47 m        Warning        Compass Error
2017-11-26
Use props
jurrianv
lvl.1
Flight distance : 503796 ft
Netherlands

Hi,

I just updated my Mavic Pro to the laters firmware v01.04.0100. I have a iPhone 7 Plus on iOS 11.1.1 with the DJI GO 4 App v4.1.18. I just did a test flight and everything works fine! No problems at all! I love the pano mode!
2017-11-26
Use props
bernardren07
Second Officer
Flight distance : 48504 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

ethaniel Posted at 2017-11-25 23:55
I reverted back to 1.4.15 on my Android, but just experienced similar video glitches AND a control lag of 15 seconds. On top of that right in the middle of my flight when I have less than 20% battery left, my app is blocked with a window which says the following: "inconsistent firmware found" and then my app crashes WHILE my drone is still IN FLIGHT.

God damn it, DJI.

ok. You need update firmware for all batteries after you update v01.4.0100 AC. Some they cannot downgrade from v01.4.0100 to v01.4.1000 or v01.03.1000 etc. Have you tried it? Your app v4.1.15 change to v4.1.10 stable without crash
2017-11-26
Use props
fanscd9cde15
New
Malaysia

I download latest dji go 4 apps 4.1.18 in my samsung galaxy tab A8 (android nought 7.1.1). While connect to rc and mavic.. apps is is flashing/blinking cant open. Dji pls look/solve this problem.
Screenshot_20171126-204757.jpg
Screenshot_20171126-204750.jpg
2017-11-26
Use props
Welsh Mavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 26493 ft
France

Maybe the new update has the skypixel competition in mind.

Rolled back myself to the 4115 v and all seems ok again but will be out tomorrow to see.

Maybe it was just me but with the recent upgrade my Mavic seemed unstable, seemed to make more noise and revs were going higher and lower at a noticable pace.  Probably me, anyone else notice something like that with the recent upgrade?
2017-11-26
Use props
Steve O
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29531 ft
United Kingdom

I have just done the update and my phone , HTC ONE M8, now no longer works on live view. Basically the live view takes ages to refresh on the phone so not much good for filming now. I cannot find anyone else with this problem so if there is a way to downgrade I would love any help on how to do it.
2017-11-26
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Woe Posted at 2017-11-23 04:27
So it’s finally arrived. Who’s up first.

If you ever plan on downgrading YOUR mavic do not update. This new update is a one way street....
2017-11-26
Use props
Welsh Mavic
lvl.3
France

I rolled back fine??

Got the 4115 v of DGI Go 4 from a apkmirror website.

Uninstalled the new release.

Installed the previous release and video is fine, full test tomorrow though.

I think roll backs should be made more accessible for when problems arise.

I believe the controller and Mavic itself updated and have not been changed but the app has reverted and video is fine.  So go figure.
2017-11-26
Use props
Naturephoto_AN
New
Flight distance : 784 ft
Finland

Naturephoto_AN Posted at 2017-11-26 02:56
Firmware update failed, again! After about an hour of uploading the firmware (stuck at 78%), the dreaded message appeared. Error suggested restarting device and app. Now, the controller (connected to phone) cannot connect to the drone anymore. Tried with other batteries and restarting everything. No luck. I am too getting fed up with DJI's inability to roll out a properly tested firmware and application!

The DJI Go 4 app says firmware up to date, but of course it knows nothing about that of the drone.Any suggestion for next steps to fix the connection between the controller and drone?

I managed to update the drone via DJI Assitant 2, but the drone and RC do not connect anymore. When I connected the RC to DJI Assistant 2, it said inconsistent version. So, I updated that too. Now, both the RC and drone has same latest firmware version. However, the RC still does not connect to the drone. DJI App shows RC is connected to the phone, but nothing is displayed from the drone (sensors, camera picture,etc are blank).
I checked that the switch is in RC mode and the Linking Status indicator led is solid green on the drone.
I puzzled that every firmware upgrade brings different issues and waste so much time to fix these. I wish I just went shooting the sunset.
2017-11-26
Use props
Welsh Mavic
lvl.3
France

It is very unprofessional to say the VERY least.
2017-11-26
Use props
Naturephoto_AN
New
Flight distance : 784 ft
Finland

Naturephoto_AN Posted at 2017-11-26 06:56
I managed to update the drone via DJI Assitant 2, but the drone and RC do not connect anymore. When I connected the RC to DJI Assistant 2, it said inconsistent version. So, I updated that too. Now, both the RC and drone has same latest firmware version. However, the RC still does not connect to the drone. DJI App shows RC is connected to the phone, but nothing is displayed from the drone (sensors, camera picture,etc are blank).
I checked that the switch is in RC mode and the Linking Status indicator led is solid green on the drone.
I puzzled that every firmware upgrade brings different issues and waste so much time to fix these. I wish I just went shooting the sunset.

I decided to relink the controller with the drone. Now, they can connect. I cannot fly the drone now, so do not know if the display/green pixelisation issue appeared. I do see now there is Pano mode available.
2017-11-26
Use props
fansb2aaa381
lvl.2
Flight distance : 34741 ft
Germany

Locoman Posted at 2017-11-26 00:24
I really feel bad for all of you Android users that are having such a problem. (I am an iDevice user) I don't work for nor have any financial interest in DJI nor their software developers but to be honest, they can only do so much with the Android OS. Go to Wikipedia and read about the Android OS. After reading the article, I am amazed that some of you phones and tablets running old and/or modified versions of the Android OS will even work with the DJI software updated to run on the most current Android OS. When DJI develops their software for iOS they have one and only one version to work with. When they develop their software to run on an Android device they have as many versions of the Android OS to deal with as the verity of Android devices (100s). Every Android device is running a slightly different version of the Android OS. And many Android manufacturers OS is months out of date. So, if the DJI developers are tweaking their software for the most current version of the "Official Android Software"  then only the most current Google Phones or Tablets would be compatible. Since Google is the only manufacturer pushing out their software to their products. I am not saying you should get an iDevice, I am saying you should try understand the limitations of the Android OS and not blame all the issues on DJI. Granted, DJI isn't perfect and anytime a developer tweaks the software they could screwup a line of code and break it. That's the reason for releases quickly following a release, so they are trying. But it is an impossible task to fix all of the Android OS problems. Me along with many other iDevice users have Not had any problems with FW and GO4 software updates and why is that, because Apple OS developers maintain very tight control on the OS and DJI developers only have one version of the iOS to content with, expert that there was major issues between iOS 10 and 11, which now seems to have been resolved.

All that being said, I really do feel bad for you all, because be bought these Mavics to have fun, and you really aren't.

Sounds good except you only need to look down a few more threads to see that iPhone 5/5S and SE users now can't fly because they have two separate warnings overlapping each other.
2017-11-26
Use props
AlejandroCalori
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18530 ft

Argentina

Well, i have the very same issue with the new App / Maybe Firmware.

My Smartphone data:
Lenovo K5 Plus
1920x1080 resolution
(8 core / 2gb ram)
950 free ram at the moment of the app launch.
Android 5.1.1
16gb Rom
16gb MicroSd (Class 10) card.

I've tried several options, decrease of transmission quality, moving the drone around (i actually though it was a problem with the gimbal), deactivate cache writing, deleted the cache, re-installed the app, nothing works.

Since some user said that it ruined the USB OTG, maybe it now uses usb 1.1? or something like that.
2017-11-26
Use props
J.T.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2076637 ft
Italy

Done the first flight with the new firmware, no problem apart request to recalibrate de downward vision system
I only need to understand how the pano sphere mode works and how to save to the phone to watch the creation. no interference to report at leas in open space away from city as I flight today, I should try to fly near city to be shure about green screen and pixelation reported
2017-11-26
Use props
Welsh Mavic
lvl.3
France

AlejandroCalori Posted at 2017-11-26 08:30
Well, i have the very same issue with the new App / Maybe Firmware.

My Smartphone data:

My Wiko T2 has no chance then.

I wish they would state a MINIMUM SPEC to run the APP.
2017-11-26
Use props
Grrrrrumpy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2316 ft
United States

Updated the new firmware on Nov 23. Big mistake. Took most of the day, kept crashing.  Finally installed on my LG Fortune 6.0.1. It doesn't work right. Get up about 30 feet, lose signal. Most of the screen turns green. Can't see anything, not even the status bar. Tried using my older ZTE Sonata 3 with 6.0. Same thing. Was able fly and see using my goggles, but could not see or change any settings on my cell. Both cell phones worked great before the update. Contact DJI support. 1st tech suggested using Assistant 2 and refreshing firmware update by connecting drone to PC. That didn't help. Made mistake of trying to calibrate the forward & downward sensors while on the Assistant 2 page. That failed numerous times. 2nd tech had me reboot laptop and disable windows 10 digital signature requirement, the reinstall Assistant 2. That didn't help the re calibration. 3rd tech guy told me my Android was incompatible, even though specs say Android 4.0 or later (both mine 6.0), so I'm acquiring an iPhone 6. Both my androids worked fine for months before the update. My buddy has a similar problem. Like me, gets lost signal, mag interference. He tried flying without the cell phone using the goggles. Was unable to control it with transmitter. Fortunately it came back on its own. He borrowed his brother's iPhone 6 and it works OK with that phone. I've been advising several others NOT to do the firmware update, even if their phones are on the compatible list. DJI messed up something, won't admit it, and the tech folk are having you do all kinds of things that don't work. I've been using my Mavic Pro constantly since I bought it late July and now it is worthless to me.  I'm hoping this iPhone6 will be able to handle the latest firmware update.   
2017-11-26
Use props
AlejandroCalori
lvl.4

Argentina

Grrrrrumpy Posted at 2017-11-26 09:41
Updated the new firmware on Nov 23. Big mistake. Took most of the day, kept crashing.  Finally installed on my LG Fortune 6.0.1. It doesn't work right. Get up about 30 feet, lose signal. Most of the screen turns green. Can't see anything, not even the status bar. Tried using my older ZTE Sonata 3 with 6.0. Same thing. Was able fly and see using my goggles, but could not see or change any settings on my cell. Both cell phones worked great before the update. Contact DJI support. 1st tech suggested using Assistant 2 and refreshing firmware update by connecting drone to PC. That didn't help. Made mistake of trying to calibrate the forward & downward sensors while on the Assistant 2 page. That failed numerous times. 2nd tech had me reboot laptop and disable windows 10 digital signature requirement, the reinstall Assistant 2. That didn't help the re calibration. 3rd tech guy told me my Android was incompatible, even though specs say Android 4.0 or later (both mine 6.0), so I'm acquiring an iPhone 6. Both my androids worked fine for months before the update. My buddy has a similar problem. Like me, gets lost signal, mag interference. He tried flying without the cell phone using the goggles. Was unable to control it with transmitter. Fortunately it came back on its own. He borrowed his brother's iPhone 6 and it works OK with that phone. I've been advising several others NOT to do the firmware update, even if their phones are on the compatible list. DJI messed up something, won't admit it, and the tech folk are having you do all kinds of things that don't work. I've been using my Mavic Pro constantly since I bought it late July and now it is worthless to me.  I'm hoping this iPhone6 will be able to handle the latest firmware update.

Does the googles use the usb port?

Seems like there's indeed a problem with the usb connection on android devices.
2017-11-26
Use props
JMavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 198330 ft
Mexico

I had the same problem with my note 8. I then tried updating using assignant 2 but still got the error "can't take off".
This morning I tried updating with my phone (again) and everything went fine.
The app just ask me to calibrate forward vision.
Hope future updates aren't so hard to install!

2017-11-26
Use props
Salmonslayer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 100220 ft
Canada

Why aren't any of the dji staff commenting on the issues
2017-11-26
Use props
xaa.ru
lvl.2
Flight distance : 596460 ft
Russia

SiV drone Posted at 2017-11-25 14:30
Updated yesterday - no issues, downloaded and pushed as usual - successful update acknowledged in the app. Unfortunately after updating i had immediate connection issues - my phone (Samsung Note 8) began dropping the connection - a new phenomena. But even worse, the controller and drone lost connection several times with the drone very inconveniently returning home. This NEVER happened before. Most recent problems occurred in a very open park area so no sources of external interference. Before the recent update - my connections were absolutely rock solid. Anyone else having connection issues after the most recent firmware updates?

I've had exactly the same issue with my brand new MPP with the PREVIOUS firmware version! Just the same - drone loses connection with remote.
Sent it back to DJI - waiting for the new one.
It seems when I get the new one - won't update at all
2017-11-26
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Thank you DJI for all the new goodies. So far so good on both my Mavic's :-)
2017-11-26
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Also happy with the new updates, no problems to report.
2017-11-26
Use props
fansb6b73af4
lvl.1
United States

Ok who thinks apple paid DJI to kill the Android app to boost their phone and tablet sales
2017-11-26
Use props
AlejandroCalori
lvl.4

Argentina

Downgraded the App, to the one posted here (in page 3 or 4 i think) and it worked for me. All my settings were reset, but hey, it's working.
2017-11-26
Use props
fansb3244e1a
New
United States

fansb3244e1a Posted at 2017-11-24 15:44
I have not been able to fly over 100 feet in my area, Sierra Madre, CA since the firmware update on November 23, 2017.
I have played with all of the numbers, turned on and off Beginner mode, tested it over and over. P mode and Sport Mode....no change.

Update: I found out the problem was that I had updated my firmware but had not updated my app on my iPhone. The conflict lead to limitations in flight altitude and distance.
2017-11-26
Use props
fans21436e7f
New
Germany

I have updated to the actual version. At my Nexus 7 tablet, the live view doesn't work after the update.
Either roughly pixelated, strong delayed picture or just nothing to see. Litchi is always also installed. Litchi is working with the update (at least the live view)-

Everything seems to work, if I use my mobile phone, a Samsung S7.

Please fix the bug as fast as possible, because I need my Mavic very urgent.
Regards
Ralf
2017-11-26
Use props
Ozziebattler
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5341982 ft
  • >>>
Australia

All latest updates done Pano mode works fine. Been waiting for pano on the Mavic. iphone 6 user
2017-11-26
Use props
djiuser_3vfO5Pa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28156 ft
United States

The image quality is also pixelated on my phone as I connect it to the RC remote via usb cable. It is running the latest Android on Samsung Galaxy Edge s7. Here is a screen shot.

Do you think this is a hardware issue with my drone / gimbal or is this an app issue? The actual images I click to take pictures or videos are fine. The stuff that are  recorded onto my SD card is fine. It is just the cell phone that is seeing these weird artifacts.

2017-11-26
Use props
A-Rizzle
New
Flight distance : 52090 ft
United States

djiuser_3vfO5Pa Posted at 2017-11-26 15:38
The image quality is also pixelated on my phone as I connect it to the RC remote via usb cable. It is running the latest Android on Samsung Galaxy Edge s7. Here is a screen shot.

Do you think this is a hardware issue with my drone / gimbal or is this an app issue? The actual images I click to take pictures or videos are fine. The stuff that are  recorded onto my SD card is fine. It is just the cell phone that is seeing these weird artifacts.

I am having the same issues as you, djiuser_3vfO5Pa.  

My screen is mostly pixelated, or just not updating when I am flying.  I can't get more than about 20 meters away before this starts happening, making this drone and the app basically useless.

DJI... where are you on this?  This issue is being reported all over the place.
2017-11-26
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Salmonslayer Posted at 2017-11-26 11:40
Why aren't any of the dji staff commenting on the issues

As I was reading through these comments I was thinking the same thing. Not a peep.
2017-11-26
Use props
fans799afcf3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8834869 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

I have the same problem after the upgrade. Image transmission is pixelated most of the time, sometimes resulting in no signal and initiating return home. Very unreliable to fly!  Mine is Andriod apps, all are the latest  versions, please help!
2017-11-26
Use props
fans799afcf3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8834869 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

By the way, I have one suggestion for the improvement of pano shooting. As the longest pano shoot composes of 34 photos and this takes TIME to execute plus the extra time to process it. The controller is just dead during this period and may create a very dangerous situation if the battery is already low. Is it possible to add an escape button on the controller so that we can exit the pano shooting as soon as we like?
Also I find that the pano mode for night shooting is useless, as the exposure time is not enough for low light situation. Can we manually set the exposure time for pano shooting?
2017-11-27
Use props
J.T.
Second Officer
Italy

rolling56 Posted at 2017-11-26 13:02
Thank you DJI for all the new goodies. So far so good on both my Mavic's :-)

Are you able to stich the 360 pano sphere photos with the go4 app??  because I can't if you are able please tell me your procedure thx a lot
2017-11-27
Use props
J.T.
Second Officer
Italy

If I fly near the city i notice this problem as soon the remote connects to the mavic but after some second waiting the image quality improve and are stable no matter the distance. Just try to wait a little more before take off it seems to me that the remote and the mavic try to find out the best video channel to transmit on, if it dose not work try to switch in manual transmission mode in the HD menu of the setting
2017-11-27
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
United States

J.T. Posted at 2017-11-27 03:06
Are you able to stich the 360 pano sphere photos with the go4 app??  because I can't if you are able please tell me your procedure thx a lot

Click on the play button (lower right screen) then choose the Pano click on the Download arrow (i think it is lower right also) and it will download and stitch it. Then choose the Pano click on the Download again lower right to save to device.
I'm just going from memory and just woke up so i hope that is correct.By the way i am using my Pixel XL android device.
2017-11-27
Use props
Route77
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1499 ft
United Kingdom

Will DJI please pull this update, it's literally rendering peoples thousand pound/dollar mavics useless and they cannot downgrade. Literally all my friends with mavics are reporting these issues. It's outrageous this update is still live.
2017-11-27
Use props
SMODomite
lvl.1

United States

Kind of wondering if I should keep my order, or just cancel at this point reading about all these update issues, and additionally a lot of issues with Android users... I have a Motorola G5 Plus which doesn't seem to be on the approved device list and really not wanting to spend another 200-300 on a mini ipad just for a screen for my Mavic. I would appreciate any input, really considering cancelling today and just not venturing into drones yet.
2017-11-27
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
United States

SMODomite Posted at 2017-11-27 06:17
Kind of wondering if I should keep my order, or just cancel at this point reading about all these update issues, and additionally a lot of issues with Android users... I have a Motorola G5 Plus which doesn't seem to be on the approved device list and really not wanting to spend another 200-300 on a mini ipad just for a screen for my Mavic. I would appreciate any input, really considering cancelling today and just not venturing into drones yet.

ya i don't know what the deal is. I have no problems with either my Nexus 6 v7.1.1 or Pixel XL v8.0 on both of my Mavic's updated to the latest f/w and latest DJI Go 4. Wish i could help more.
2017-11-27
Use props
SMODomite
lvl.1

United States

Yeah i ended up cancelling, this type of thing right after spending over a grand made me too worried. I will get one if the kinks are worked out with androids a little better.
2017-11-27
Use props
Welsh Mavic
lvl.3
France

Listen up DJI.
2017-11-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules