Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Firmware update bricked Spark. Can't reset Wifi
4589 15 2017-11-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans33d7b596
New
Flight distance : 11880 ft
United States

The most recent firmware update installed to 99% and then hung. I had to manually power off the Spark.

Now it turns on, Solid red LEDs in the front. Flashing yellow LEDs in the rear.

I can connect to the RC controller with Android and iOS DJI app just fine. Neither can connect to the Spark directly.

Pressing and holding the battery button once the Spark has been turned on does not produce any beeping sounds after six or nine or sixty seconds.

Did the update process brick the Spark? I do have DJI care.

2017-11-23
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

I would suggest to download DJI Assistant and try it with that by connecting the Spark directly to your PC or MAC. In case you cannot restart the update you could try to reset the Spark to factory status and then do the firmware update again: https://www.dji.com/spark/info#downloads
2017-11-23
Use props
BigTalkingHead
New
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-11-23 06:17
I would suggest to download DJI Assistant and try it with that by connecting the Spark directly to your PC or MAC. In case you cannot restart the update you could try to reset the Spark to factory status and then do the firmware update again: https://www.dji.com/spark/info#downloads

DJI Assistant, whether installed on MacOS or Windows does not see the Spark.

Both operating systems see the SD card in the Spark, but the Assistant is blind to the existence of the Spark.

Again, the only reset option on the Spark itself that I can find, the press and hold for six seconds, does not produce any beeps. The Spark Wifi does not show up, no matter how long I've held down the power button on the Spark.

Yes, I've tried this with all of my fully-charged batteries. The Spark appears to have been bricked during the firmware update process.
2017-11-23
Use props
BigTalkingHead
New
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-11-23 06:17

Thanks for the quick reply.
2017-11-23
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

BigTalkingHead Posted at 2017-11-23 07:48
Thanks for the quick reply.

You are welcome. I hope that someone else will be able to provide you the solution soon. Sorry that I can't help any further...
2017-11-23
Use props
BigTalkingHead
New
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-11-23 09:05
You are welcome. I hope that someone else will be able to provide you the solution soon. Sorry that I can't help any further...

Just knowing that someone is listening makes issues like this a tiny bit less aggravating.

Thanks again.
2017-11-23
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

BigTalkingHead Posted at 2017-11-23 09:11
Just knowing that someone is listening makes issues like this a tiny bit less aggravating.

Thanks again.

I always try to help if I can. It might be worth to read a bit through the forum. There have been similar cases to yours but I can't remember how they were resolved. I'll look around too and will let you know if I find something.
2017-11-23
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

BigTalkingHead Posted at 2017-11-23 09:11

Thanks again.

Ok, I found the most recent case which seems to be identical to yours: https://forum.dji.com/thread-118689-1-6.html
In that case the only solution was to send the Spark to DJI service for repair/replacement.
2017-11-23
Use props
BigTalkingHead
New
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-11-23 09:38
Ok, I found the most recent case which seems to be identical to yours: https://forum.dji.com/thread-118689-1-6.html
In that case the only solution was to send the Spark to DJI service for repair/replacement.

Yikes! I was hoping it wouldn't come to that. Thanks for the link!
Even bad news is better than no news!
2017-11-23
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

BigTalkingHead Posted at 2017-11-23 09:49

Maybe wait for a response from the DJI Team here in the forum before sending it in. For them it's middle of the night right now, but tomorrow morning (maybe your late evening) they will be back.
2017-11-23
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

BigTalkingHead Posted at 2017-11-23 09:49

Sorry to hear that you failed to upgrade your firmware. In your case, I would recommend you  send it back for check: http://www.dji.com/support.
2017-11-23
Use props
Paulb_
lvl.1
Flight distance : 249 ft
Netherlands

I have the same issue. This is a motherboard that came back from replacement after a freak crash. A few flights since new it kept losing connection and eventually its bind with the RC.
Same symptoms now. Only flashing lights and a loud fan. No response on the button with any battery, no connection to pc or mac with four different cables that are known to be ok.
I am really disappointed with this craft. First it crashes into a building with no apparent reason, it did this from a standstill hover into full speed uncommanded. Worst thing is that DJI made me pay for the motherboard replacement wich cost me half the price of a new device.
So now it stopped responding and I have a bricked drone sitting on my desk since a few months because I am too irritated to even take it to service, afraid they will again make me pay for the repair.
I have big regrets buying this drone, compounded by the fact that the controller range has always been disappointing. I should have bought a Mavic, the only thing that the Spark has going for itself is its gimmicky style.
2018-7-6
Use props
LadyDrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5131 ft
United States

Paulb_ Posted at 2018-7-6 06:58
I have the same issue. This is a motherboard that came back from replacement after a freak crash. A few flights since new it kept losing connection and eventually its bind with the RC.
Same symptoms now. Only flashing lights and a loud fan. No response on the button with any battery, no connection to pc or mac with four different cables that are known to be ok.
I am really disappointed with this craft. First it crashes into a building with no apparent reason, it did this from a standstill hover into full speed uncommanded. Worst thing is that DJI made me pay for the motherboard replacement wich cost me half the price of a new device.

I think your spark experience is not the same as most spark owners but maybe some - when the spark is working as it should I think you will find it to be a great drone - at least that is my experience so far - my sister has a Yuneec Breeze - I find the Spark to be much better - again my experience.  I would recommend you give them a chance to resovle the issue.  I know if I had to send my Drone in I would be frustrated - but if it did come back fixed I would get over it.  Good luck and I really hope all works out for the best.  
2018-7-6
Use props
BrandonW77
lvl.3

Paulb_ Posted at 2018-7-6 06:58
Same symptoms now. Only flashing lights and a loud fan. No response on the button with any battery, no connection to pc or mac with four different cables that are known to be ok.

I agree with LadyDrone, I've had my Spark for nearly a month now and have never had any problems with it.  The range is massively impressive (I've had it go nearly a mile away) and the only two crashes were complete 100% user error.  Most people seem very pleased with the Spark and do not share your unfortunately bad experience.  I have not one single regret in buying this drone, in fact I consider it my best purchase of the year.  Sorry to hear about your troubles.
2018-7-6
Use props
Paulb_
lvl.1
Flight distance : 249 ft
Netherlands

Well I wish I could say the same. I flew Inspires, Matrice, S1000 and several other brands and bought a Spark for some fun flight but it has been nothing but a big disappointment. To add insult DJI released the Mavic shortly after the Spark. I've just returned my Spark to DJI service with the same condition that they may fix it under warranty but maybe not. I've done only a handful of flights with this device and the connection issues became progressively worse. Finally losing connection in an empty field away from residential areas triggering rth at only 150m distance. I had to rebind it and the connection kept dropping. The next morning bind was gone again and it was bricked. No crash, no water, no mistreatment. A toy drone is better than this. Makes me want my old TBS discovery back, also I will then be no longer vulnerable to the DJI Big Brother device
2018-7-9
Use props
cmalinowski
lvl.1
United States

Was there ever a fix for the OP's issue?  I'm living with this now.
Thanks,
Chris
2019-8-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules