Phone or Tablet Software
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jamezmail
New

United States

I have purchased two (2) DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus quadcopters in the last year.

I am using the DJI-Vision software.  I have no complaints.

I am reading about the DJI Pilot software.  It has features that I need or want to use quite badly.  The flight log capability is the first feature that I need.  The second feature is the improved mapping and visual displays within the DJI-Vision software.  The third feature that I have read about is the built in flight training (simulator).  The last feature which sounds wonderful is the ability to craft videos from images collected and to add music for mp4 or mov that can be posted on line.

Can the DJI-Vision software be downloaded and run in connection with the DJI Phantom 2 Vision plus vehicle?  I have read that it is compatible with DJI Phantom 3.

Please make it available for the many customers who have purchased the Phantom 2 Vision Plus quadcopters.  Also provide instructions as to how to configure the Aspire software for use with our devices.

Thank you for giving these matters your active consideration.

Please pass to Paul Pan, Lead Engineer, and Michael Perry, Director of Communications at DJI.

Thanks again.

Jim Taylor
2015-4-12
Use props
jonnybgood.olss
lvl.3

Sweden

I share your opinion :-)
2015-4-12
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

The DJI Pilot app is only for the Inspire 1 and the forthcoming Phantom 3.
It is not compatible with the Phantom 2 Visions, and never will be due to its integration with Lightbridge and the modified flight control systems of the other products.
Hopefully in the future more Vision apps will be released by 3rd parties using the DJI SDK for the Visions.
2015-4-13
Use props
jamezmail
New

United States

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2015-4-13 16:15
The DJI Pilot app is only for the Inspire 1 and the forthcoming Phantom 3.
It is not compatible with ...

Thank you for your thoughtful reply.  Your explanation is clear and no doubt quite accurate.

I continue to hope that due to the "thousands" who have purchased the Phantom 2s perhaps DJI will at least update their older app to allow some of the applicable features to be available to those of us who have invested in their version 2 products.  No doubt as you have stated, the Lightbridge related technology will NOT be ported due to hardware differences in the UAV.

My experience with user development using a company's SDK for user developed apps is such that there is very little chance of this occurring.

Phantom 2 purchasers deserve some further support otherwise we will be forced to view ourselves as those that the company has delivered product to and no longer care about.  I do not want to think that DJI views us this way.  We will have to wait and see if a DJI employee responds.  My experience with those who have responded to email in the past has been less than stellar.

Again thanks johnwarr for your reply.
2015-4-13
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
United Kingdom

If I remember correctly the Phantom 2 was released in 2013 and sine then it has had 2 major revisions and the Vision and Vision + additions.
So I think it has had plenty of support over the years from DJI.
This technology is expanding at an extremely fast rate and any company that spends too much time looking backwards not forwards will be left behind.
I have a Phantom 2 Vision + Version 2, its an amazing thing, and it will continue to be so.
Parts and software support will probably be available for quite some time after the Phantom 3 is released, but anything else will be up to the 3rd party developers, and most of them will probably move onto the Phantom 3 within a few months after release.
1st Word problems again...
2015-4-13
Use props
i_anderson
lvl.2

United States

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2015-4-13 21:09
If I remember correctly the Phantom 2 was released in 2013 and sine then it has had 2 major revision ...

I agree with everything up till the last sentence. As always, I could well be wrong (!) ;)), but if I were a developer my 'target market', for now at least, would be the V2..... There's thousands out there, potentially looking for 'more' than available from the DJI Vision app.

The new 3 OTOH already has the 'full featured' DJI pilot app, so not as much need for 3rd party apps?

And certainly not as big a potential market, at least for a few years yet.

Maybe a developer will comment.....

Cheers,
Ian
2015-4-13
Use props
buzzcbr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 316545 ft
United Kingdom

They could drop the price of the lightbridge add on from £999.00 to something more affordable now for V2 owners.

Why buy an add on at 999 when you can by the complete thing on a new model for the same price - madness.
2015-4-13
Use props
jamezmail
New

United States

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2015-4-13 21:09
If I remember correctly the Phantom 2 was released in 2013 and sine then it has had 2 major revision ...

... johnwarr

What do you mean "1st Word problems again..."?  Have I grammatically bothered you in some way?

Again thanks for your opinion.  Many of us with DJI Phantom Vision 2+ would say that apps could be improved and being available for apple and select versions of other software could be enhanced.  The documentation and training materials could be improved.  The WIKI has its limitations, perhaps you will agree??

Yes they have moved on to new platform(s) without doubt.  You sound like an employee of the corporation but that is ok.

I agree with I_anderson and others on other sites about the app situation.

OUR device is a very good one and having purchased as late as Oct 2014 begs the wish that an updated version was in the works would have been nice to read but nonetheless we have a nice device.

2015-4-13
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
United Kingdom

My reference to 1st world problems was not aimed at you in any way, it was an attempt at injecting some humour into this thread by referencing the well known hashtag.
I wholeheartedly agree that the documentation could be better, many things in the manuals are not translated very well, but they are trying to improve them and there is a lot more information out now than when I bought my Phantom in July last year.
I am in no way connected to DJI, other than in the same way you are as an end user of their product. What I do have is a pretty good understanding of the way the world works, but everything I say is just my own opinion on the subject.
2015-4-13
Use props
jamezmail
New

United States

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2015-4-14 13:52
My reference to 1st world problems was not aimed at you in any way, it was an attempt at injecting s ...

Sincerely thanks for your views and your sharing.

If more technically competent and knowledgeable folks, such as yourself, would engage themselves, we might have improved apps, cleaner documentation, more tutorials, and a more robust community of users.

My frustration with DJI shows itself, I suppose but it comes from my offering suggestions and asking questions to company reps with either a failure to understand the issue or a callous disregard of the customer as a result.  This coupled with a new version with a very much improved control app and no backward compatibility nor a means to offer functionality in other ways.  

You have offered a clear and no doubt accurate explanation of why Vers 3 and Inspire will work with new DJI Pilot app and why Vers 2+ will not.

I likely am asking too much of DJI but we are ultimately why their company exists ... we are their customers.
2015-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules