5725 66 2017-11-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

coach1 Posted at 2017-12-8 13:16
I was thinking it was just me....Hope someone else had this issue and can help or let us know what we may have done wrong..It is a pain

Some progress here.

Since GO 3 would not let me into the P3 Pro. flight/camera page, I opened GO 4 and I could get into the main flight page.  All I show in the About part is version 1.6.0 for the refesh part, along with 1.8.0 which downloaded, but would not install.  Just 1.6.0+ was showing as Current Version.

On the immediate page that opens on the left, at the top is a red triangle with a ! mark in it.  Click on that and it will show there you need an update to 1.9.3.  Another download.  When I got to the Update Now blue portion, I clicked it and nothing on the 0-100% timeline started.  It went back to the blue "Update now" again and seemed it didn't want to update.

I briefly unplugged and plug back in the Lightning cable and hit Update Now again and it started the update.  Now I have 1.9.3 back and relinked to the aircraft.

Something is seriously wrong with the USB connection.  I have to unplug and replug the USB almost anytime I need to use the thing.  This occurs with the I2 and its controller too with an iPad Pro.  Unplug and replug and GO 4 starts working again..at least for a while until it drops the data line again and back again to unplug and replug!

2017-12-8
Use props
dorbot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 844770 ft
France

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-12-8 12:59
Thanks for this but something is wrong as I cannot get into the camera part in Step 4.  Only thing is "How to Connect" but I cannot get into the main camera or flight page, just the "Phantom 3 Professional" is shown.

I did get back to 1.6.0 and now it shows 1.6.0+.  There is a provision to go to 1.8.0 and download, but no 1.9.3.

I think there is a factory reset for the RC in Assistant 2.
I used it on the first day I had the P4P with two controllers and got a bit confused.
Also someone said there is no version information anywhere, which is untrue.
Its in the "about" section in the settings of DJI Go 4.

From a customer support perspective, sometimes it is just easier to have the unit sent back even though it is an easy software flash fix.................
2017-12-8
Use props
technokill
lvl.1
Germany

Hello everybody,

to be honest, the was a weird situation to get into the situation
of getting into the camera.

When I needed to get to point 4 of skyguy17 description,
------4) Open up DJI GO 3, Select P3 Pro and press camera (have the lightning cable connected to RC and iPad/iPhone).  I had over 50% charge on my RC (btw)

There was only coming up the explanation "how to connect....", I try to get through to the camera into the software,
and clicked everywhere to close this. I do not not know how, but after some tries, the button was there after I opened the Ipad screen again.

Problably someone (probably Skyguy17) can help out and try to explain, how to get into the screen with the camera button.
If you there, all the other steps are working perfect.

I tried also before to connect the bricked RC to the Assistant software and it does not work for me.
The screen there said "no firmware available or so please try again" I can´t remember the exact thing again.

Probably there is a better info about this piece of software, which makes it better to use.

The guide with GO APP 3 is defintely the working way.
2017-12-9
Use props
technokill
lvl.1
Germany

This is the second part of my quote,
the software did not allow me to post it??????
Is this forum cleaned in forehand????

2017-12-9
Use props
ebr
New
United States

Thanks very much for this.  Just saved my brand new aircraft.

My process was slightly different though.  When I went into the firmware downgrade screen in the go 3 app (now called "Go for products before Phantom 4") it said there was no downgrade available.  So I basically skipped that step and went straight to the update process which worked and I now have what looks like full connectivity and operation back.  I did have to re-link the controller and aircraft afterwards though.

I got into this mess by following the prompts in the software - which told me to upgrade the firmware on the aircraft but never gave me the option to upgrade the controller either before or after.  Like a fool, I guess, I updated the aircraft and then was in this boat.
I can't take my maiden voyage until at least tomorrow as it is snowing here now but it looks like everything is good.

Thanks again for the resolution process.
2017-12-9
Use props
skyguy17
lvl.3
Flight distance : 190745 ft
United Kingdom

I was thinking it was just me....Hope someone else had this issue and can help or let us know what we may have done wrong..It is a pain

Here are three pictures of the "DJI GO 3 app" showing the steps - the App on the App store has no number just says DJI GO.  First pic is with the RC off and not lighting cable connected, the app is asking for you to connect, now with the RC on and lightning cable USB end connected to the RC, plug the other end into the IOS device the screen should change showing the <CAMERA> button in blue.  Press this blue button and it will take you to the final screen  Then following the rest of my instructions. With luck that will then fix the red/green issue!!

2017-12-9
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
United States

skyguy17 Posted at 2017-12-9 10:15
Here are three pictures of the "DJI GO 3 app" showing the steps - the App on the App store has no number just says DJI GO.  First pic is with the RC off and not lighting cable connected, the app is asking for you to connect, now with the RC on and lightning cable USB end connected to the RC, plug the other end into the IOS device the screen should change showing the  button in blue.  Press this blue button and it will take you to the final screen  Then following the rest of my instructions. With luck that will then fix the red/green issue!!

[view_image]

The second image is where I could not get to. With the iPad and RC plugged in, all I could get is the first one.

Liz in another thread mentioned unplugging and replugging into the tablet and I think she got to the second "Camera button" screen with GO 3.  I gave up and didn't try the U&R there with GO 3, and went to GO 4 and it took me to the camera screen and the 1.9.3 update was in the beginning flight window with a red exclamation mark to update to 1.9.3, but once it downloaded it refused to install (Got stuck in a endless "Update Now" loop.) until I got mad and did the U&R there and it started the install from 0 to 100% smoothly.  Then I did a relink to get rid of the rapidly flashing red/green LED on the RC.  Seems okay now, but somehow I got a bad feeling it is going to not work somewhere.

Imho, something ain't right with the USB connection someplace!  Either Apple or DJI.

2017-12-9
Use props
skyguy17
lvl.3
United Kingdom

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-12-9 10:30
The second image is where I could not get to. With the iPad and RC plugged in, all I could get is the first one.

Liz in another thread mentioned unplugging and replugging into the tablet and I think she got to the second "Camera button" screen with GO 3.  I gave up and didn't try the U&R there with GO 3, and went to GO 4 and it took me to the camera screen and the 1.9.3 update was in the beginning flight window with a red exclamation mark to update to 1.9.3, but once it downloaded it refused to install (Got stuck in a endless "Update Now" loop.) until I got mad and did the U&R there and it started the install from 0 to 100% smoothly.  Then I did a relink to get rid of the rapidly flashing red/green LED on the RC.  Seems okay now, but somehow I got a bad feeling it is going to not work somewhere.

Are you using a genuine Apple Lightening cable? i've heard if not then strange things can happen!
2017-12-9
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
United States

skyguy17 Posted at 2017-12-9 10:56
Are you using a genuine Apple Lightening cable? i've heard if not then strange things can happen!

Yes.  Even bought another new 0.5 meter one for $19 at local Apple Store as I thought it was the issue and it seemed to be then, but the problem of the USB dropping came back.  It has to be an unplug and replug matter with iOS for some unexplained reason.  Might not be all DJI's fault this time.

I think it is some iOS 11.2 issue as there were a lot of crashing reports of 11.1.1 and 11.1.2 as well.  Weird part is in GO 4 stuff begins to disappear or stop working and showing up correctly, and then I noticed the C1 gimbal up and down failed until I did the unplug/replug ritual and it began working again....for a while.

2017-12-9
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

No way I'm updating after reading all these horror stories.
2017-12-9
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
United States

Just came in from doing an IMU and Compass calibration since I've reloaded 1.9.3 into the RC from 1.6.0, GO 4.1.8 was deleted and reinstalled and logged into, and refreshed iOS 11.2.  Rebooted it all several times too.

When I hit the blue Start button for the IMU Calibration, it stayed there on Start.  Nothing.  No next screen on how to position the drone, etc.  Just refused to start the IMU calibration.  I did the U&R of the USB cable and, "Bam!" then I could start and complete the IMU calibration and position the drone as shown in the window.

Something in USB land is seriously messed up.  I'm leaning towards an Apple issue as Autopilot will count down like it is going to start flying away on a mission, but it will not launch into the mission and just hovered about 10 feet up until an "Aircraft Disconnected" message popped up.  I didn't try the U&R with it, but Hangar sent me a new version (Beta 4.5 I think?) of Autopilot so they must be aware something isn't right with 11.2 and the USB and/or crashing matters.

When it was temporarily locked up, I could spin the shutter speed wheel in GO 4 but the screen never changed in exposure brightness either.   I exited GO 4 and re-entered and dial was still at first setting (Overexposing a lot coming from indoors to outdoors for the calibrations.).  After I did the U&R it worked as it should.  GO 4 seems to be working, but a lot of it really isn't as parts seem frozen until a U&R is done.

"DJI, you got any answers as to why the need to unplug and replug into the RC for this stuff to work?"
2017-12-9
Use props
fansa7bc7de5
New

United States

So after 10+ hours of trying to fix this issue, I have decided to take my $2000+ worth of DJI drone and accessories and destroy them on YouTube, along with a great explanation why. I have already lost almost enough in income fracking with this to buy a new one, which will not be a DJI product. The stress it has caused me alone cost me a good 10 years.
Goodbye DJI. Be looking for a really cool video. I hope it goes viral.
2017-12-9
Use props
PowerBand1
lvl.3

Australia

fansa7bc7de5 Posted at 2017-12-9 11:50
So after 10+ hours of trying to fix this issue, I have decided to take my $2000+ worth of DJI drone and accessories and destroy them on YouTube, along with a great explanation why. I have already lost almost enough in income fracking with this to buy a new one, which will not be a DJI product. The stress it has caused me alone cost me a good 10 years.
Goodbye DJI. Be looking for a really cool video. I hope it goes viral.

Hang in there...perservere and you will get there.
2017-12-9
Use props
fansa7bc7de5
New

United States

Well, I cooled off and tried again......only to FAIL again. I am now going to devote at least the same amount of time telling everyone I can NOT to purchase a DJI product!!!
I can't even get the remote to reset back to factory so I can start all over again!!! F@@#$!#!$!#%K me!
2017-12-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Andrew Scott Posted at 2017-12-7 14:46
Hi Susan, I'll PM you the case number.

Well received your message in PM. This has been forwarded to the management for investigation. Thanks so much for your feedback, wish you have a good time on flying the drone.
2017-12-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey Sir, could you upload a complete video of your issue? We'll double check.
2017-12-10
Use props
QuarryDrone
New
Canada

skyguy17 Posted at 2017-11-24 10:09
Thanks Monopdrone and Jay Lenz .  Following process worked for me using a combination of suggestions which I list shortly below.

@DJI -- My user experience has been very poor with your telephone support teams who clearly have no ideas how to solve this issue and it would appear it is down to your customers on forums via trial/error/trial/get frustrated with more errors/trial again to fix something which is a serious issue with your firmware and it's installation processes.  The DJI GO 4 has no way to report what the firmware is on the RC this is a major limitation and I would recommend you provide an option in the next release which displays this value and offers a proper way to force a re-flash.  The issue is as "DJI Susan" says a problem with incomplete firmware upgrade, which bricks your RC.

Thanks so much, this solved my problems. DJI support was useless on this issue. Should have checked here from the start
2017-12-11
Use props
QuarryDrone
New
Canada

I had the same issue, i got it to work my turning on the drone, opening DGI go 4, going into the camera, shutting down the drone, RC, and closing the app. Reopen DJI go 3, and turn on the controller.
2017-12-11
Use props
Andrew Scott
lvl.1
Flight distance : 459787 ft
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-10 02:49
Well received your message in PM. This has been forwarded to the management for investigation. Thanks so much for your feedback, wish you have a good time on flying the drone.

I just received a phone call from DJI in China to check that my Phantom 4 problem was rectified (it's working fine).

It's great to see this level of customer support. Although it would have been nice if the problem had been fixed with the aid of the DJI customer support person (who was very patient)  I accept that they can't know everything. Thanks to the helpful people here my Phantom 4 is flying again. I'm impressed by DJI's forum admin and follow-up service they provide. I don't see this very often here in Australia.

Keep up the good work.
2017-12-12
Use props
hawknet
lvl.1
United States

In skyguy17 well-detailed instructions (thank you for taking the time to share this!! BTW), I could not get past step 4. either. More specifically when I get to "Select P3 Pro and press camera", I do not have an option to "press camera". I feel like I am missing something obvious.

DJI Go app (ver3.1.23) states the Firmware is at 1.6 now, but that is as far as I can go. I have an iPad Mini 4. Updated the iOS (11.2) and replaced the lightning cable with an OEM from Apple. RC is fully charged but now all I saw is 1 solid red light and 4 solid white lights. BTW after leaving it on for > 5 min's, the RC started beeping.

I also got a "download Failed" error when trying download ver 1.8.0 from DJI Go app (ver3.1.23).

DJI Go 4 App is telling me the RC is disconnected so updating from there is not an option. I can "Enter the Device" from the DJI Go 4 app and through the gradient strip next to the DJI logo (top left)  states "Disconnected" when I go into "remote Controller Calibration" it sees me moving the joysticks around.

This is when I noticed "Linking Remote Controller".  After turning on the P4, I selected "Linking Remote Controller" then pressed the lighted orange button near the sd card on the P4. Once the RC was re-linked with the P4, I closed DJI Go 4, reopened DJI Go and Violla, I had the "Camera" option like skyguy17 said I should. From there I followed the rest of his instructions to get the RC to ver 1.9.3. However, when I got back to the DJI Go 4 App I had to re-link the RC and I still do not have a live camera feed. On top of that went out to use the 3 dashes at the top right and pressed and hold for 10s . the "Current version" states 1.9.3 but also states "Get Firmware Version Fail" right underneath.  So now I am back to square one with the camera not giving me a live feed.
2017-12-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Andrew Scott Posted at 2017-12-12 21:28
I just received a phone call from DJI in China to check that my Phantom 4 problem was rectified (it's working fine).

It's great to see this level of customer support. Although it would have been nice if the problem had been fixed with the aid of the DJI customer support person (who was very patient)  I accept that they can't know everything. Thanks to the helpful people here my Phantom 4 is flying again. I'm impressed by DJI's forum admin and follow-up service they provide. I don't see this very often here in Australia.

Thanks for your nice words. We will keep move on and offer better service in the future.
2017-12-13
Use props
hawknet
lvl.1
United States

hawknet Posted at 2017-12-12 22:07
In skyguy17 well-detailed instructions (thank you for taking the time to share this!! BTW), I could not get past step 4. either. More specifically when I get to "Select P3 Pro and press camera", I do not have an option to "press camera". I feel like I am missing something obvious.

DJI Go app (ver3.1.23) states the Firmware is at 1.6 now, but that is as far as I can go. I have an iPad Mini 4. Updated the iOS (11.2) and replaced the lightning cable with an OEM from Apple. RC is fully charged but now all I saw is 1 solid red light and 4 solid white lights. BTW after leaving it on for > 5 min's, the RC started beeping.

I called TS and they asked me to send in the P4. I will follow up when I get it back.
2017-12-15
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
United States

hawknet Posted at 2017-12-15 07:19
I called TS and they asked me to send in the P4. I will follow up when I get it back.

Don't forget to post what firmware and software versions it comes back with.

I'm surprised when people say: "Coming back from repair it requests an update."   Seems DJI Service should have done that, or the one they installed actually works whereas the update you attempt may not.
2017-12-15
Use props
hawknet
lvl.1
United States

I got the P4 back 12/26/17 but I was gone until 1/5/18. I mention that because I am really impressed how fast they sent it back to me.  I shipped it to them on the 12/14/17 and they had back in my hands within 7 working days.

The Firmware is 1.9.3 but two other things change since 12/14/17. The iOS and the DJI Go 4 had been updated. I updated the iOS to 11.2.1 and the DJI Go 4 App to 4.1.20.

So I have good news (for me) and bad news for all that are still dealing with this. DJI replaced the Gimbal Camera. It seems that it is a coincidence, that the problem I was having was hardware related and not software. I guess it is possible that the new software picked up on a pre-existing hardware issue, but that would be an assumption.

BTW the replaced the hardware under warranty.

Awesome customer service from DJI
2018-1-5
Use props
Candergart
lvl.1
Sweden

Hi.

I have been using my phantom 4 for a while but always had issues updating firmware.
Getting messages like "Firmware update failed"

I have had no real issues with it aside from the normal bugs and stability quirks that older firmwares have.
But today, I managed to actually get the firmware update done..

After updating both the craft and the controller to the last firmware, I get either a broken image or aircraft disconnected ,  
The message constantly cycles between :
1. Week image signal (green distorted half image displayed)
2. Aircraft disconnected
3. Ready to go "GPS"

Also note that the Led on the controller blinks between red and green really fast all the time (you said this indicates either a firmware miss match or an old firmware)
My controller firmware lists as 18 , my craft firmware lists as V02.00.0700 [LATEST VERSION]

Interrestingly I can still fly the craft, it seems to be either the communication with the pad or the camera communication that has issues.

I have tried downgrading and re-upgrading both the controller and the craft but nothing fixes the image.
I have tried factory resetting the craft (Can not find such a function for the controller)

I have tried firmware down/upgrades using the pc app and the ipad app.
I have tried calibrating the compass.
I have tried re-binding the craft (linking it) to the controller again.

I can not get the image to work anymore.
I really really need help to get this fixed.

Best Regards
Charlie
2018-5-26
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

Candergart Posted at 2018-5-26 08:48
Hi.

I have been using my phantom 4 for a while but always had issues updating firmware.

With RC and display connected (aircraft off), and display has a good wifi connection to internet. Run DJI Go 4 and 'enter device'. Open the 'aircraft status' screen by tapping the screen at top edge where it says 'disconnected'. The top line 'Overall Status' should show if update required (this may take a few seconds to appear). If it does then tap on that and it should take you through the process to update RC. That may make the difference to your display. Make sure RC is fully charged, it will not update if battery is below 50%.

Edit :- with the aircraft firmware V02.00.0700 the RC must be updated to V1.9.3 for RC to communicate with aircraft correctly.
2018-5-26
Use props
skyguy17
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Jay Lenz Posted at 2017-11-23 10:17
I have this issue as well, was working fine then updated last night. Now I can't see an image from my drone camera and RED/YELLOW/GREEN flashing light on controller

Please check out my YouTube fix, it shows how to force the controller to upgrade the controller, this might be the issue.  It has helped a number of people out in the past

Good luck !
2018-5-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules