3654 13 2017-11-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ari Gold
New
Canada

Hi all!

Newbie here!

I am a realtor and would like to use the MAVIC indoors. The tripod mode is a nice touch for indoor flying but the obstacle sensor warning can be a bit annoying.

is there any way to lower the distance for the warning?

Thanks!

Safe flying!
2017-11-23
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Welcome,
Not sure about your question but do you have to be licensed to fly for money in Canada?
2017-11-23
Use props
fran
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74052 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Turn off the sensors when flying indoors
2017-11-23
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Turn off sensor. Also change Rth settings
2017-11-23
Use props
DJEyeintheSky
lvl.1
New Zealand

Just manually turn off the sensors. But why would you fly indoors! if you want indoor Mavic shots just pick it up and walk around! you're asking for a broken drone!
2017-11-23
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Rolling 56 i think he was asking questions not answering them op turn off sensors in vps settings. But u will have to be very cautious flying
2017-11-23
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Flying in doors is fine also dont listen to the naysayers u just need enough ambient light for opti mode (vision ) to work otherwise she will drift in atti mode
2017-11-23
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Woe Posted at 2017-11-23 09:40
Turn off sensor. Also change Rth settings

You don't touch RTH settings as the minimum return altitude is 20M (66 feet) - unless you're flying in a mansion the drone will hit the ceiling! You need to change the failsafe options from RTH to hover so if the signal is broken whilst flying indoors it will just hover in place until signal is regained by walking towards the drone. Lost signal is way down on the list as highly unlikely to lose signal feet away from a drone that can be operated miles away - the more important considerations are the lighting conditions for the VPS to work effectively and being experienced enough to fly a drone in ATTI mode.
To the OP - I'd suggest turning off OA and switching into Tripod mode + use prop guards.
2017-11-23
Use props
M.C. Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

As a newbie trying fly an MP indoors in atti-mode? wow you're going to need some serious luck.
2017-11-23
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 2017-11-23 14:51
You don't touch RTH settings as the minimum return altitude is 20M (66 feet) - unless you're flying in a mansion the drone will hit the ceiling! You need to change the failsafe options from RTH to hover so if the signal is broken whilst flying indoors it will just hover in place until signal is regained by walking towards the drone. Lost signal is way down on the list as highly unlikely to lose signal feet away from a drone that can be operated miles away - the more important considerations are the lighting conditions for the VPS to work effectively and being experienced enough to fly a drone in ATTI mode.
To the OP - I'd suggest turning off OA and switching into Tripod mode + use prop guards.

Agreed. Safety first
2017-11-23
Use props
FenrirApalis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3196772 ft
Hong Kong

Dude just walk around with it or grab an Osmo
Very dangerous to fly indoors
2017-11-23
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

Totally agree with Fenrir - walk the quad or get an Osmo.  I had TONS of flying time on my Phantom 3 and my Mavic when I finally decided to fly in my house in Atti mode.  It took about 20 seconds for me to hit a wall hard enough to crash the quad (no prop guards).  No damage, but I swore off flying indoors.  I bought an Osmo Mobile  today - given the $100 discount that DJI is offering for the next 7 days.
2017-11-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

It is unable to change the warning distance, and we don't suggest disable the obstacle avoidance when you fly the drone indoor. Safety first. Also, please kindly refer to the manual, use the Tripod mode when there is a good GPS signal. Mavic tripod mode.png
2017-11-26
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I fly indoor frequently, I disable the forward sensors. It takes a lot of practice and a steady hand, just remember that when flying nose in, left and right is reversed.
2017-11-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules