14657 208 2017-11-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Niterider4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5344 ft
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-12-5 10:19
Well otg doesn’t work it works for some and not for others and a lot of users don’t bother with it because they don’t need it. And it has been this way since the release of spark. The connection and otg cable were specifically for use with dji goggles.
Rolling back to an older version is your own choice, just like using otg neither are recommended by dji.

Can you point me to anyone who has found OTG to provide a worse experience than WiFi. I have been following this issue quite closely and I am not aware of a single person who has said they had inferior performance or reliability using OTG.

On the other hand, I have read hundreds of posts where people have said they have superior performance and reliability using OTG.
2017-12-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Niterider4 Posted at 2017-12-5 10:33
Can you point me to anyone who has found OTG to provide a worse experience than WiFi. I have been following this issue quite closely and I am not aware of a single person who has said they had inferior performance or reliability using OTG.

On the other hand, I have read hundreds of posts where people have said they have superior performance and reliability using OTG.

I’ve used it I didn’t notice any difference with it and using it with CS I can only use in 5.8ghz there are many not using it and flying just fine, hundreds of posts yes maybe but the same people continually posting, and on this forum people come here to complain when things go wrong.

Otg is not going to get you further distance, it’s just a direct connection between remote and choice of monitor and yes some people have said video feed is much better, but those who think that it will provide them with further distance are delusional.

It should not be the number 1 thing people are looking to get fixed, they’re are many many users out there using iOS no otg and no real problems, so it would make sense for those on android to insist that dji get app up to same level on Android as iOS , if this was the case we wouldn’t need to be having this discussion about otg.

I can fly my spark using iPhone 7 I can fly much further than CE regs with no otg and no video loss, this is what android users should be looking for.

There seems to be no rational or logical thinking going on here, we all know dji won’t announce early that they are working on getting otg right , yet we continually here the mantra about dji putting up an announcement to tell us it was a mistake or we are working on it or it will be coming in next FW/SW . This is just not going to happen.
2017-12-5
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
France

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-12-5 11:07
I’ve used it I didn’t notice any difference with it and using it with CS I can only use in 5.8ghz there are many not using it and flying just fine, hundreds of posts yes maybe but the same people continually posting, and on this forum people come here to complain when things go wrong.

Otg is not going to get you further distance, it’s just a direct connection between remote and choice of monitor and yes some people have said video feed is much better, but those who think that it will provide them with further distance are delusional.

Very wise words and thank you for this post. It's a perfect analysis to which I fully agree, although being an OTG user myself and hope that one day it will be officially supported. I also still trust that this hope is not unfounded.
2017-12-5
Use props
Mildman
lvl.4

United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-12-5 11:07

"this is what android users should be looking for."
We had it once.  

This debate is being polluted and watered down by the 'Well it's ok for me" crowd.  Until you experience the toy-like FPV performance of the Spark without OTG, then you can't contribute objectively to this discussion.

It really doesn't matter a jot how well it works for IOS, or whether someone doesn't want to use OTG...this is solely about the owners who believe (know) that the current app and it's loss of OTG functionality (deliberate or not) is completely unacceptable....and quite rightly deserve a response OF ANY KIND, from DJI.

Why don't you join us in the lobbying and hassling of DJI? ... who are well out of order, their silence on this matter is deafening.  
You would add so much more value to this debate by using your energies (and influence if you think you have some) to get this shambles resolved.

If you are a DJI and Spark advocate, then join us and add more pressure on DJI, they deserve nothing but contempt for the current handling of this.
2017-12-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Mildman Posted at 2017-12-5 12:29
"this is what android users should be looking for."
We had it once.  

Again another one who doesn’t care to read when someone posts, but is quick to comment, so I will say it again just for you.
1/ yes I use android and have problems with app/otg
2/ I have been in constant touch with dji Mindy trying to find out when and if problems with app/otg will be sorted
3/ I have been consistent in saying that there are problems with android app that needs sorting
4/ if android app worked like iOS otg would not be needed
5/ when I purchased spark I knew how it was supposed to work and otg was not on the radar then and never promised to be.
6/ if android app is not brought up to speed , even if the glitch with otg is corrected, you are always going to have one problem or another
7/ There are more ways to skin a Cat than just ranting!!!!

2017-12-5
Use props
Mildman
lvl.4

United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-12-5 12:42
Again another one who doesn’t care to read when someone posts, but is quick to comment, so I will say it again just for you.
1/ yes I use android and have problems with app/otg
2/ I have been in constant touch with dji Mindy trying to find out when and if problems with app/otg will be sorted

I've read everything on this subject, on this forum and many others, plus I am in direct contact with DJI ,who just play the corporate 'straight bat'....hence why I'm on here trying to get a reaction.  
All I can see from you is an intent to agitate the people who are genuinely inconvenienced.  

When I purchased my saprk, I didn't even know OTG existed and the specs stated 300m...that it might well do, but losing video at 50m makes any flight range irrelevant.  
Not sure what point you're make with point 5, we all know what it's specs are and what is supported and not.

"I have been in constant touch with dji Mindy trying to find out" - excellent news, please share that correspondence here and it will no doubt reassure users?

Android doesn't work like IOS though, it never will..hence the clear responsiobility on DJI to fix this; they say it's compatitible with Android, in it's current condition, with stated specs, it is not!
Anything you say cannot defend this.

"You are always going to have one problemm or another" - I won't accept that, i expect the spec that I paid for... if you do accept that, why are you hovering in this thread?

As for skinning cats, you carry on chatting to Mindy and I'Il carry on with my ranting.

I certainly have no beef with you...but please don't attempt to stifle this debate or censor the tone in this thread, just because it's not your way of doing things.
2017-12-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Mildman Posted at 2017-12-5 13:12
I've read everything on this subject, on this forum and many others, plus I am in direct contact with DJI ,who just play the corporate 'straight bat'....hence why I'm on here trying to get a reaction.  
All I can see from you is an intent to agitate the people who are genuinely inconvenienced.  

Oh right so the forum debate is if you don’t agree with the topic don’t participate? It’s a bit dictatorial dont you think.
There are hundreds of thousands of people using android right across the dji drone spectrum and most quite happy.
You expect the spec you paid for , that didn’t include otg, but what it would have included is a working app and this is where we differ I think app should be sorted you think that a workaround using otg is the answer, and my point is if the app continues to give problems while not been sorted it will lead to other problems.
What did dji Mindy say, she said dji engineers were working on the problems and she would let me know as soon as she knows.

Lastly it’s not your place to tell me what I should or shouldn’t add to any debate. Who put you in charge of what forum users can say.
2017-12-5
Use props
Mildman
lvl.4

United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-12-5 13:39
Oh right so the forum debate is if you don’t agree with the topic don’t participate? It’s a bit dictatorial dont you think.
There are hundreds of thousands of people using android right across the dji drone spectrum and most quite happy.
You expect the spec you paid for , that didn’t include otg, but what it would have included is a working app and this is where we differ I think app should be sorted you think that a workaround using otg is the answer, and my point is if the app continues to give problems while not been sorted it will lead to other problems.

I didn't suggest you shouldn't contribute  to the topic, I said that you can't contribute objectively if you don't understand/experience the issue ccorrectly i.e. if your Spark allows fpv/video beyond 50m, then you're not impacted in the same way.

A workaround OTG IS the answer, that's exactly what a workaround should do.  We hear a lot about how DJI won't release OTG functionality until fully tested...yet they have pumped out 6 apparenty untested 4.1.18 versions, full off niggles and bugs...that argument doesn't wash anymore.

I honestly don't care how they fix it actually, as long as I get the spec they promised...until the latest App, the only way I could get the promised spec, was with OTG...hence why I'm here.

What did dji Mindy say, she said dji engineers were working on the problems and she would let me know as soon as she knows.
Corporate, customer services, standard issue, garden variety, scripted fob off.  I've got an inbox full of those replies.
2017-12-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Mildman Posted at 2017-12-5 14:07
I didn't suggest you shouldn't contribute  to the topic, I said that you can't contribute objectively if you don't understand/experience the issue ccorrectly i.e. if your Spark allows fpv/video beyond 50m, then you're not impacted in the same way.

A workaround OTG IS the answer, that's exactly what a workaround should do.  We hear a lot about how DJI won't release OTG functionality until fully tested...yet they have pumped out 6 apparenty untested 4.1.18 versions, full off niggles and bugs...that argument doesn't wash anymore.

A workaround is something you do when you haven’t worked out yet how to avoid the workaround. The fact that I’ve already explained that I’m having problems using my spark with android does not give me the right to participate to this debate.
If you can’t get past 50 metres then your problem is a lot more serious than not having otg or app problems, and looks more like either a problem with your aircraft/RC or device you are using. It seems strange that you wouldn’t ship this unit back . If it was mine that’s what I would do.
2017-12-5
Use props
Mildman
lvl.4

United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-12-5 14:20
A workaround is something you do when you haven’t worked out yet how to avoid the workaround. The fact that I’ve already explained that I’m having problems using my spark with android does not give me the right to participate to this debate.
If you can’t get past 50 metres then your problem is a lot more serious than not having otg or app problems, and looks more like either a problem with your aircraft/RC or device you are using. It seems strange that you wouldn’t ship this unit back . If it was mine that’s what I would do.

ok, what video range are you getting?

My 50 (Did get 70 metres once) meters relates to the video signal, not AC range...of course it would fly further but I won't risk losing sight of the Spark.   I think you'll find that this is normal for UK  Sparks on android, using the latest App (i.e what DJI recommends we do)
It's my 2nd AC (This one was on eBay, but I took it off sale as I really want to love it!), I didn't go from happy to absolutely fuming overnight, I am quite rightly furious considering the experience I've had.
I've replicated this issue on 3 different Android devices with latest software... ...on previous Apps though, with OTG it's flawless.

A friend has a spark, has the same issue without a OTG.  He has subsequently installed a hacked App, so it's region is FCC; WiFi video is still rubbish without OTG (but considerably better and more stable than EC).

The irony is that EU/DJI are forcing regulation and limitation through software....what's really happening is an underground mass of unregulated users because DJI can't look after customers.
2017-12-5
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
France

Mildman Posted at 2017-12-5 14:07

Ok, you are asking us to look at the things objectively (which should apply to yourself as well then) and you are asking for a workaround. This is exactly what I am missing in this whole debate and fail to understand. We all (and I always clearly said that this includes me too) can easily agree that Android version 4.1.18 is for the bin. No debate at all needed on that and I have not seen a single person writing anything different. Also the DJI Moderators in this forum have never claimed that .18 was working but have always listened to concerns expressed.

Now to the workaround: It really should be well known by now, this is to go back to version .15 or any of the others, have all previous functions (in .18 there were no new functions for Spark, only for Mavic) enjoy them and wait for a true new version that hopefully will have adressed all issues (OTG is by far not the only issue at stake) and then see if it works.

But it is also an objective fact that OTG has never been promised by DJI to be available NOW (although it has worked well for most if not all of us) and therefore recommended to use WiFi instead until maybe one day (and there are clear indications for that at least) OTG will be officially supported. Everyone is free to believe this or not, it anyway has no relevance for the present situation.

Nevertheless there is one aspect in this debate that truly lacks any basis and objectiveness. And that is to claim that DJI has deliberately removed OTG support in the latest version. Nothing, really nothing at all points to this and it is an objective fact that those who continue to assert the opposite have so far not been able to present even a fragment of evidence for their assertions, simply because there arent any. That is an objective fact too. Just one app version full of bugs is no evidence at all, we have seen this before and you can potentially experience the same with any other app that you are using.

I also agree that it is unfortunate that there is no statement from DJI on all this. I have repeatedly urged different members in their team to do so, but it is apparently not the company's choice to do. We can be unhappy about it, but we can't change it either.

2017-12-5
Use props
Mildman
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Firstly, "objectively contributing" means being able to contribute with an understanding of what the victim is experiencing.
You have simply repeated the same of stuff and called it objective.

This bickering won't get us anywhere.

All I will say is that when the DJI customer service team get together each day they'll trawl social media and forums for bad news.
They will look at this thread, see some noise, anger and disappointment and dismiss it...comfortable that Hallmark and Wachtberger have got their back.

I genuinely don't understand why you aren't giving them a tough time, as their record on this unacceptable.
2017-12-5
Use props
Flip_L
lvl.3
Flight distance : 330686 ft
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-12-5 13:39

Can you please try to explain to me, how not being able to connect to the RC's/Spark's 5.8GHz WiFi when using android is an app issue? I always thought that this is a hardware or at least FW issue. Am I getting this wrong?
2017-12-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Flip_L Posted at 2017-12-5 23:20
Can you please try to explain to me, how not being able to connect to the RC's/Spark's 5.8GHz WiFi when using android is an app issue? I always thought that this is a hardware or at least FW issue. Am I getting this wrong?

I cannot connect to 2.4ghz, when connected to to 5.8ghz I get laggy video and app keeps freezing at very close range.
2017-12-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Mildman Posted at 2017-12-5 23:09
Firstly, "objectively contributing" means being able to contribute with an understanding of what the victim is experiencing.
You have simply repeated the same of stuff and called it objective.

Actually what wachtberger has done is read the thread tried to explain in his opinion what has and will happen.
He then offered a simple solution to roll back to version . 15, this is the version you said yourself that you were having no problems with .  .18 had no updates for spark so his suggestion made perfectly good sense, you on the other hand choose to ignore and insult his advice, while others accepted his advice.

Difference between you and I is I’ve been around here for a long time, I know how dji works with these matters, they are not going to rush out with a half assed solution that may just turn out to cause more problems.
If we have to wait for a solution that works, then that’s what’s going to happen , your ranting won’t make this happen any quicker.
So you now have an option to fly your spark as you like it, you are missing out on nothing, and when we see next FW/SW update hopefully it will sort out problems, but we will have to wait and see.
2017-12-6
Use props
Flip_L
lvl.3
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-12-6 01:02
I cannot connect to 2.4ghz, when connected to to 5.8ghz I get laggy video and app keeps freezing at very close range.

Yes, I am aware of this issue, but I doubt an app update can fix this. This is related to the fact that android devices in Eurpoe can't connect to the 5.8GHz channels the RC and Spark are using. And may I remind you, this has been an issue since the spark was available, i.e. long before the RC was released and the spark OTG connection was a thing. How many app updates have we had since then? What has been done to address this issue? If an app update would solve this easily we would have had one by now...

The only ways to fix this as far as I can see would be to use different channels, which are visible to android devices (Not possible without a FW update it might even be impossible without different hardware(!)), an Adroid update which allows Android devices to use the channels DJI is using, or to make OTG an official workaround.

At the moment we are sort of left in the dark as to what is happening, because I am not aware of any official statements from DJI other than to use the 2.4GHz connection which is visible to android devecies or an iOS device, but you might know more about this.
2017-12-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Flip_L Posted at 2017-12-6 02:13
Yes, I am aware of this issue, but I doubt an app update can fix this. This is related to the fact that android devices in Eurpoe can't connect to the 5.8GHz channels the RC and Spark are using. And may I remind you, this has been an issue since the spark was available, i.e. long before the RC was released and the spark OTG connection was a thing. How many app updates have we had since then? What has been done to address this issue? If an app update would solve this easily we would have had one by now...

The only ways to fix this as far as I can see would be to use different channels, which are visible to android devices (Not possible without a FW update it might even be impossible without different hardware(!)), an Adroid update which allows Android devices to use the channels DJI is using, or to make OTG an official workaround.

Honestly I don’t know more about this and am simply trying to find out more, I cannot use 2.4ghz with CS, I can with iOS , my app using android with 5.8ghz is not as it should be and I’ve explained this in other posts.
One thing you say is this was a problem long before RC was introduced , RC was introduced the same day as spark was released.
2017-12-6
Use props
Mildman
lvl.4

United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-12-6 01:32
Actually what wachtberger has done is read the thread tried to explain in his opinion what has and will happen.
He then offered a simple solution to roll back to version . 15, this is the version you said yourself that you were having no problems with .  .18 had no updates for spark so his suggestion made perfectly good sense, you on the other hand choose to ignore and insult his advice, while others accepted his advice.

"they are not going to rush out with a half assed solution"
Are you kidding?  ...4.1.18 (all 6 versions of it), and the advocating of rolling back to a another version, is evidence of DJI rushing out a half assed solution.
In addition, all previous versions which 'featured' unsupported functionality, I would argue are half-assed solutions as well.  Looks like DJI have form for half-assed solutions :-)

Add to this their invisible communication  and I don't how anyone can defend them on this particular matter.

What I do know is that reputation is huge to global organisations, and the more noise we make across forums and social media, the more focussed they will become.
If we're quiet and patient (after spending £700, no chance!!), someone else will get their attention.
2017-12-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Mildman Posted at 2017-12-6 03:03
"they are not going to rush out with a half assed solution"
Are you kidding?  ...4.1.18 (all 6 versions of it), and the advocating of rolling back to a another version, is evidence of DJI rushing out a half assed solution.
In addition, all previous versions which 'featured' unsupported functionality, I would argue are half-assed solutions as well.  Looks like DJI have form for half-assed solutions :-)

Again you choose to pick on whatever suits you when reading posts, what about rolling back to .15 as was already said .18 had no updates for spark so what are you missing out on?
Maybe .19 will get you what your looking for, you don’t need .18 it has nothing to offer for spark.

I think you will find this is a dji owned forum, That fact that it’s here must show that they are prepared to listen to their customers. They’re not exactly running away from it.
2017-12-6
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
France

I am happy to share a quite clear statement made by the DJI Android Research and Development division an hour ago in another thread of this forum which hopefully will help to calm down the situation. Nothing of it is actually new but it once again clarifies the situation:
Statement DJI OTG 061217.JPG
2017-12-6
Use props
dansmar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 422149 ft
United States

Good news everyone (a professor moment)

This was just stated by DJI Electra in another post about otg support.

‘DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-6 03:36
I see. Our engineers are working on the cable. And we will work hard on meeting the requirement of our customers. Thanks for your patience.’
2017-12-6
Use props
dansmar
Second Officer
United States

Now the attack fanboys can heel
2017-12-6
Use props
Mildman
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-12-6 03:29
I am happy to share a quite clear statement made by the DJI Android Research and Development division an hour ago in another thread of this forum which hopefully will help to calm down the situation. Nothing of it is actually new but it once again clarifies the situation:

That's just a standard, generic response...

Another good reason to keep hassling them I'd say :-)  It would that appear our standards of acceptable customer service are quite different.  hahaha
2017-12-6
Use props
JMR58
First Officer
Flight distance : 627966 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

I don't want to come in this discussion because i'm fine with Spark and wifi RC, but i found some signs that DJi has to work on the OTG issue... see from 1.30..
I received the Crystalsky  DJi mount for Mavic/Spark and also in the manual is described how to use the OTG cable for use with the Spark.
2017-12-6
Use props
Flip_L
lvl.3
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-12-6 02:38
Honestly I don’t know more about this and am simply trying to find out more, I cannot use 2.4ghz with CS, I can with iOS , my app using android with 5.8ghz is not as it should be and I’ve explained this in other posts.
One thing you say is this was a problem long before RC was introduced , RC was introduced the same day as spark was released.

You are probably right about availability of the RC. But if I remember it correctly people were getting the spark on its own first and the fly more combo was the more popular choice later on, hence the 5.8GHz problem existed before people had the RC, because they couldn't connect to the spark's 5.8GHz Wi-Fi which used to be the standard band used by the spark.

But be it as it may, this doesn't change the fact, that the connection issues have been around since day 1 and absolutely nothing has happened to address this (including countless app updates), which made me think that this is a problem which might not be fixed easily.
And to be honest this is also the reason why I am so "angry" with you and a couple others who keep defending DJI over this issue. It has been 6 months since the spark was released and DJI have not been transparent as to how they are planning to address this issue and the only available solution has been neglected and treated as "not tested".
Although and I would be really interested in your opinion about this: the DJI store explicitly states that OTG is coming for both, the CS and other mobile devices! (link: https://store.dji.com/product/cr ... rc-mounting-bracket )  

Is this a mistake? Has this information been accidentally put out ? Why aren't the moderators commenting on this?

Their silence on this subject (other than "situation has been forwarded" etc. ...") must be infuriating for those who (like you or wachtberger) depend on this problem to be fixed and an official statement presenting their strategy is the least they can do for their customers.

2017-12-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Flip_L Posted at 2017-12-6 08:12
You are probably right about availability of the RC. But if I remember it correctly people were getting the spark on its own first and the fly more combo was the more popular choice later on, hence the 5.8GHz problem existed before people had the RC, because they couldn't connect to the spark's 5.8GHz Wi-Fi which used to be the standard band used by the spark.

But be it as it may, this doesn't change the fact, that the connection issues have been around since day 1 and absolutely nothing has happened to address this (including countless app updates), which made me think that this is a problem which might not be fixed easily.

There seems to be some kind of misconception here, I’m not defending dji here, but as somebody who has been using dji drones since P2 and been around this forum for quite some time, I have some idea on how dji will reply to these situations, dji is not a public company it’s a private company and just so happens to be by far the most successful consumer drone manufacturing company in the world by some margin. So they don’t come under pressure by shareholders and if you look at there rise to success, nobody is walking away.
As long as I’ve been around here I have only once seen dji release a statement from the hierarchy and this was around the debacle regarding delivery times for Mavic.
I have never seen a statement for wrong firmware bad software problems with aircraft, batteries, RC etc etc, it doesn’t happen and it won’t happen in this case either.
I’ll give you a scenario, let’s say dji say we will release FW/SW to support otg in March 2018, what do you think will happen, I’ll tell you this forum would be up in arms, same if they say they won’t be supporting otg, the same if they do support otg and it doesn’t work, the same if they said they would release in next firmware and it wasn’t ready.
So if they issue a statement no matter what they will cause consternation amongst users, so they tend to always play their cards close to their chest and release firmware/software products etc only when they feel they are ready, so people can rant until they are blue in the face, we will only see support for otg and problem sorted with bandwidths when dji are ready to let you know.
You can see a post above from dji R&D android department , it explains where they are with otg and what might happen, but as soon as it’s posted, it’s considered as standard generic response, so the whingers whiners and ranters  will always be waiting in the wings to tell us it’s not good enough.
You will also find most of those who whinge and whine around here are not here to help anyone else with any problems, and have no problem insulting others, but hey it seems if you try to help that’s what happens.
2017-12-6
Use props
fansfa9c1c91
lvl.3
Flight distance : 197 ft
United States

dansmar Posted at 2017-12-6 03:51
Good news everyone (a professor moment)

This was just stated by DJI Electra in another post about otg support.

Which thread can I find such statement by DJI Electrek?
2017-12-6
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
France

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-12-6 11:18
There seems to be some kind of misconception here, I’m not defending dji here, but as somebody who has been using dji drones since P2 and been around this forum for quite some time, I have some idea on how dji will reply to these situations, dji is not a public company it’s a private company and just so happens to be by far the most successful consumer drone manufacturing company in the world by some margin. So they don’t come under pressure by shareholders and if you look at there rise to success, nobody is walking away.
As long as I’ve been around here I have only once seen dji release a statement from the hierarchy and this was around the debacle regarding delivery times for Mavic.
I have never seen a statement for wrong firmware bad software problems with aircraft, batteries, RC etc etc, it doesn’t happen and it won’t happen in this case either.

Thank you hallmark007, this statement is to the point and couldn't be better!
2017-12-6
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
France

fansfa9c1c91 Posted at 2017-12-6 11:46

By taking the time to read the forum, as simple as that ;-)
2017-12-6
Use props
dansmar
Second Officer
United States

https://forum.dji.com/thread-121599-1-1.html?token=302598ffacfa48d09f2c6c366be720d324571388&app=2&mobile=YES&from=djigo_share
2017-12-6
Use props
dansmar
Second Officer
United States

https://forum.dji.com/thread-121599-1-1.html?token=302598ffacfa48d09f2c6c366be720d324571388&app=2&mobile=YES&from=djigo_share
2017-12-6
Use props
dansmar
Second Officer
United States

Sorry for the duplicate
2017-12-6
Use props
Bright Spark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

Perhaps the end is in sight.
On the DJI store the dedicated bracket for the crystal sky to controller,(the last item in the store) a note says that a 'product' will soon be available to connect crystal sky and other devices by OTG.

2017-12-7
Use props
fansfa9c1c91
lvl.3
United States

dansmar Posted at 2017-12-6 19:28

Thanks very much
2017-12-7
Use props
dansmar
Second Officer
United States

fansfa9c1c91 Posted at 2017-12-7 12:02
Thanks very much

No problem, it's good to keep otg issue at the forefront, as it is important to so many loyal DJI users
2017-12-7
Use props
fansfa9c1c91
lvl.3
United States

dansmar Posted at 2017-12-7 18:56
No problem, it's good to keep otg issue at the forefront, as it is important to so many loyal DJI users

Absolutely agree. I frequently get a lot of video lag and even disconnect when using wifi instead of otg, like many other pilots on here.
2017-12-8
Use props
ArnoSpark
Second Officer
Kenya

Locationscout_B Posted at 2017-12-4 08:38
Keep us updated. Thanks. What phone do you use?

Well i test it again and it was very ok with the OTG, am sorry for my late update was away.
2017-12-13
Use props
Rickyber
lvl.4
Flight distance : 403488 ft
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-11-23 22:37
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/dji-go-4/dji-go-4-4-1-15-release/#downloads

Hello
Thanks so much for all of the help on this issue. Went to the site and downloaded. When, I went to install it said file may be corrupt and could not finish. Any ideas on this?
2017-12-14
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Rickyber Posted at 2017-12-14 08:50
Hello
Thanks so much for all of the help on this issue. Went to the site and downloaded. When, I went to install it said file may be corrupt and could not finish. Any ideas on this?

There should be two versions, one for smartphones and the other for tablets. Try the other one then.
2017-12-14
Use props
Voladron
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4894423 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

Works perfect for my on android 6.0.
2017-12-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now