o(^-^)o
Dublinphantom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1033222 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Hi
Can someone please help me.
I am selling on my phantom 3 stnd and want to know how can I unregister it to my name and so it doesnt show on here that I still own one?
I have a 4 pro and on my profile here it shows that I own both. More crucially though, how do I unregister it from my name so a new owner can register it to theirs?
Thanks
2017-11-23
Use props
M.C. Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Once the new owner enters his/her new registration info then it'll be under their name and not yours.
2017-11-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

If the unit was activated under your DJI Account, the info can not be changed. The new owner can not access the activation for a second-hand unit, and it will not affect the warranty, no worries.
2017-11-23
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-23 18:33
If the unit was activated under your DJI Account, the info can not be changed. The new owner can not access the activation for a second-hand unit, and it will not affect the warranty, no worries.

i think hes more worried on new owner flying and crashing causeing damage it it coming back to him. i too have been wondering the same thing on how to go about deactivating a drone from my name and selling
2017-11-23
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

TruGreen Posted at 2017-11-23 18:37
i think hes more worried on new owner flying and crashing causeing damage it it coming back to him. i too have been wondering the same thing on how to go about deactivating a drone from my name and selling

I would not be concerned, the registration process is with DJI, no outside organisation is privy to the information and DI do not disclose it to anyone.
2017-11-23
Use props
JB 9
lvl.2
United States

Can you explain more about affects to a second owner if he can't access the activation? Also I had read before that the DJI one year warranty is not transferable.
2017-11-24
Use props
M.C. Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

New seller cannot go into previous owners registration thus the new owner needs to create their own separate DJI account as the new owner. The previous owner is 'out of the picture'.
2017-11-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

You can't de register your drone. It will be linked to your account for as long as DJI does not change this behaviour.
The new owner won't have the icon.
But his/her mileage will be added to the new email address.
2017-11-24
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Once the new owner logs in with his own account, if the drone falls on somebody, or something, then it's the new owners responsibility.
2017-11-24
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-11-24 12:47
Once the new owner logs in with his own account, if the drone falls on somebody, or something, then it's the new owners responsibility.

I agree to this.
2017-11-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

JB 9 Posted at 2017-11-24 04:58
Can you explain more about affects to a second owner if he can't access the activation? Also I had read before that the DJI one year warranty is not transferable.

The above discussion make sense. As for the warranty, it is bound with the aircraft SN, and the warranty begins once the drone is activated successfully.
2017-11-25
Use props
KevinP3S
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14058 ft

South Africa

I have bought a 2nd hand P3S and old owners name appears on a 2nd page of the flight log but with duplicate info to mine how do I delete his name from the account
2017-11-25
Use props
Dave Hopper
lvl.2
Flight distance : 691243 ft
United States

KevinP3S Posted at 2017-11-25 21:22
I have bought a 2nd hand P3S and old owners name appears on a 2nd page of the flight log but with duplicate info to mine how do I delete his name from the account

KevinP3S

I'm in the same boat, if you find an answer, let me know.   My P3S is registered to the old owner.  I don't think it's a matter of it "Can't" be transferred, I just think that DJI won't do it. I'm not asking for the warranty coverage.. I just want the drone in my name.

2017-11-25
Use props
Dublinphantom
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Thanks guys for your answers. I believe once the new owner registers their new account on DJI GO, it will be linked to them
2017-11-28
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

if you have an iPad or iphone under the about section in the app at very bottom is "device name" that will let you change the name and then delete flight logs one by one from old drones and resync the flight logs and it will delete old drone you no longer own.
2017-12-13
Use props
Dublinphantom
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Ok, so I have sold my P3S just before Christmas and presume whoever has it has registered with DJI GO etc to make it fly..
Why do I still have both P3S and P4P on my profile here? Does it mean its still registered to me? How can I change this??
2018-1-11
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Dublinphantom Posted at 2018-1-11 08:08
Ok, so I have sold my P3S just before Christmas and presume whoever has it has registered with DJI GO etc to make it fly..
Why do I still have both P3S and P4P on my profile here? Does it mean its still registered to me? How can I change this??

Delete the flight logs for that drone then resync the flight logs and it should remove the icon
2018-1-13
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Dublinphantom Posted at 2018-1-11 08:08
Why do I still have both P3S and P4P on my profile here? Does it mean its still registered to me? How can I change this??

From former threads the answer is that we can't get rid of equipment again when first registered to the profile. Likewise for people buying second hand and already registered equipment, they won't get the icon on their profile.

DJI really should change the way this work.
2018-1-15
Use props
Dublinphantom
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I'll try delete the flight logs and see. thank
I did buy this second hand myself and the icon still came up here when I started using it
2018-1-17
Use props
sSkyPilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311089 ft
United States

dang... Thanks... Great Q/A.
2018-1-17
Use props
Schmooit
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1336581 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Might be a bit late to this party but, I bought my P3P second hand and the guy had only flown about an hour!  But when i set it up I have the Icon on my avatar.

Im guessing he might not have been on the forum i which case it wouldnt really matter!

I am just about to sell my spark so apart from a  full format of the SD card what happens with my total flight records etc  if I delete the drone  and does ti then become de-registered through the APP when the next person registers it, (not worried about the forum side, Im guessing that when you register the drone via the app it uses the serial number of it, so I guess the new owner will start clocking up hours on it and I just need to delete it from my arsenal? I guess I could have multiple DJI accounts for each drone if I had enough email addresses!

Wouldnt want  a new user claiming the hours it flown on my account and vice versa
2018-3-11
Use props
Texas-Mark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23002 ft
United States

TruGreen Posted at 2017-12-13 09:48
if you have an iPad or iphone under the about section in the app at very bottom is "device name" that will let you change the name and then delete flight logs one by one from old drones and resync the flight logs and it will delete old drone you no longer own.

Actually that does not seem to really work. It changes the name in the app, but the old drone name appears to remain buried in the logs. I had changed the name of a used drone, did all of the delete log files, sync,  etc. The the app correctly shows the new name, but when I upload the logs to airdata, it still shows the old name.

As for the icon here, my used one does not show up, but my new one does.  The distance is correct though for the used one after i registered here and only showed that distance. But I use Litchi now, so no new distance gets logged here.
2018-3-11
Use props
djiuser_vFtqseLJcdtm
New

Canada

WHEN YOU REGISTERED IT DID YOU USE THE SAME EMAIL ADDRESSS FOR BOTH DEVICES
2018-3-20
Use props
Texas-Mark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23002 ft
United States

djiuser_vFtqseLJcdtm Posted at 2018-3-20 09:03
WHEN YOU REGISTERED IT DID YOU USE THE SAME EMAIL ADDRESSS FOR BOTH DEVICES

Not sure who this question was directed at but yes, I have the same account for both P3Ss.  The distance listed is actually for the used drone and the icon is for the new one. Go figure.
2018-3-20
Use props
keithanim8
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20591 ft
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-11-23 18:45
I would not be concerned, the registration process is with DJI, no outside organisation is privy to the information and DI do not disclose it to anyone.

So you're saying that if the next owner gets into trouble whilst flying the drone (ie flying in restricted areas or no-fly-zones), the authorities (like park rangers) have no reason of holding me equally responsible, and/or that they have no way of tracing the drone back to me using the S/N?
2018-9-19
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

keithanim8 Posted at 2018-9-19 22:31
So you're saying that if the next owner gets into trouble whilst flying the drone (ie flying in restricted areas or no-fly-zones), the authorities (like park rangers) have no reason of holding me equally responsible, and/or that they have no way of tracing the drone back to me using the S/N?

No, because it has been revealed many times over, that DJI do not release the registration details to anyone. They will not even identify a drone that has been found, or even try to track a stolen one.

If any event, no-one can build a successful court case on registration information, it does not prove in any way that you were flying it at the time of the alledged incident.
2018-9-19
Use props
Filippo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4117756 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

In the privacy policy of DJI they state that the logs can be released to Authorities in case of express requests and in case of investigations. I make an example. I sell my drone and I cannot deregister. The new owner causes a major accident and run away. The police find the drone and start investigation and see that that drone is under my name. Ask to DJI and they must release the log to proceed with the process.
So I think the only way to keep you safe is to write down a paper where there is a property transfer with names, document number, date and time of the transfer. At least is something that in case police call you, you have some references. But definitely DJI should find a solution to this. Is like selling a car, there must be a process to this, as far as there is no obligation of registering at local Civil Aviation Authorities and then there will be a local deregistration.
2018-9-27
Use props
Dronehappy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 79111 ft
United States

I won't send the sold drone until I have a piece of document that is signed by the buyer or at least I have an email from him releasing me of all the responsibilities after he takes over and operates the drone.
So, not sure how to deregister the sold Phantom 3 4K either.
I have asked for DJI's support and see if they respond.  If they do, I'll share the information.
2018-11-4
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Dronehappy Posted at 11-4 22:30
I won't send the sold drone until I have a piece of document that is signed by the buyer or at least I have an email from him releasing me of all the responsibilities after he takes over and operates the drone.
So, not sure how to deregister the sold Phantom 3 4K either.
I have asked for DJI's support and see if they respond.  If they do, I'll share the information.

Don't be silly.
There's nothing DJI can or wil do.
Just sell it like thousands of others have.
2018-11-4
Use props
calltoon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 982648 ft
Poland

I have bought 2nd hand P4A. I can't see the icon under my avatar. Is there a way to do this? Flight distance and level is inncorrect. What is wrong? Everything is synced but not showing up here.
2019-2-3
Use props
calltoon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 982648 ft
Poland

Here You can find my actual mileage and level.
screen.JPEG
2019-2-3
Use props
Tescode
lvl.1

Sweden

I'm a new owner today my question is;
will I need drone switched on and beside me in order to register with DJI, I've followed the instructions in the Go app right up until it asks for 'registered email'
the app doesn't seem to let me progress past that screen can someone help?
2019-2-9
Use props
djiuser_GpZwETrjMI1u
New

United Kingdom

I have just bought a used phantom 3 advanced and have been reading so much on this. You can change the name on the DJI Go app under the 3 dots in settings. But if you have an Android then your pretty much stuck with the original owners name.
ISO works I believe as DJI work closer with Apple.
I have registered with the CAA so have an operator ID and Flyer ID that will be labelled on my drone for my identification. Everything works the same its just the name on the app. Still get the same results.
2021-1-30
Use props
djiuser_YJbnrtZ66d7s
New
United States

I sold mine and don’t want further emails from DJI or your store asking me to reinsure the drone. How do I get taken off the mailing lists of all DJI?
2021-12-21
Use props
djiuser_YJbnrtZ66d7s
New
United States

I sold mine and don’t want further emails from DJI or your store asking me to reinsure the drone. How do I get taken off the mailing lists of all DJI?
2021-12-21
Use props
Dong ZeYuan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 57060 ft
United States

same problem.
2021-12-21
Use props
djiuser_udd0jcqN9HQ3
New

United States

I recently bought a DJI mini 2 replacement drone.   I have the original controller to the old mini 2.   But I got the new one and hooked it to the new controller and I could mover the camera and all but i wasn’t able to fly because it says the drone is connected to another account and I don’t have it.  I can’t cancel it or unconnect it I don’t know what to do. I need this to work but I can’t get it.   I order the drone off of Amazon and it’s brand new   Why is another email connected to it.  Is there anyway to get that off or unbind it.  I’ve called DJI and they tried to help and they just said the email is bound to it and they will get back with me in about 24 hrs.  What would they even do. Or is there someway I can do it myself that I am unaware of ??? Please help
2022-3-18
Use props
AeroMechAZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42497 ft

United States

M.C. Pilot Posted at 2017-11-23 18:02
Once the new owner enters his/her new registration info then it'll be under their name and not yours.

Can also cancel the registration on that one on the FAA Drone Zone site, then when the new owner registers, it'll be (as was said above) under THEIR name/address.
2022-4-6
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

AeroMechAZ Posted at 4-6 21:43
Can also cancel the registration on that one on the FAA Drone Zone site, then when the new owner registers, it'll be (as was said above) under THEIR name/address.

Unless the drone was registered for commercial use, the FAA has no details of the individual drone.
Recreational registration is of the owner, not the drone.
2022-4-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules