Conditions that adversely affect the flight characteristics of the Inspire
780 5 2015-4-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bremner.nickisc
New

United States

This is, hopefully, going to become a list of conditiions that affect the Inspire. For example when flying over unpacked snow the the radar altimeter or opti sensor has a tendancy to mess up resulting in a rapid drop of altitude. Please list other conditions that mess with the Inspire.
2015-4-12
Use props
MainlineAerial
New

United States

Strong wind, I tend to avoid any days over 20mph sustained wind, solar activity, extreme cold and my girlfriend talking in my ear as I'm trying to fly But seriously, good insight on the snow, never realized this when vacationing in Canada in the winter, could lead to crash I'm sure!
2015-4-12
Use props
davidbsamuels
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8049101 ft
  • >>>
United States

I also have found unexpected drops in altitude while flying over snow as recent as yesterday and a few times almost two weeks ago.  Both situations were while flying near Alta / Snowbird Utah in Little Cottonwood Canyon.  Both situations I was flying 5 - 20 ft. AGL  and the terrain varied at the point of altitude drop.
2015-4-13
Use props
PureSQNut
lvl.4

United States

Hi Bremner,

I this issue only at low altitude?  or at all elevations?
2015-4-13
Use props
leoamartinez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1602986 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

The wind, its very tricky, you should never flight against it, and if after you went away you are coming back against the wind, change the route and land anywhere before the battery completely discharge, start walking to the place you landed, its easy to know with the gps and the location that is marked in the map!
2015-4-14
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

When flying over land and transferring into water.
2015-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules