10046 58 2017-11-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Arcicorsa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 235892 ft
Czechia

Hello,
from the beginning I bought Spark I have a problem with WiFi. Once I switch the AC / RC link to 2.4Ghz, the phone will be disconnected and can not be connected (Sark RC SSID can not be found). I've tested it for now with the galaxy phones, Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S7. I discussed the problem with the Support5.DE service center. Their advice was as follows:

Please try the following:
1. Make sure that your mobile device is connected to the internet
2. launch DJI GO 4 and wait for about 1 minute
3. Turn off the DJI GO 4 app running in the background
4. power on the aircraft and the remote controller
5. Connect your mobile device to your Wi-Fi remote first. (if the remote controller is not in the air and connect your mobile device to the Wi-Fi's aircraft.)
6. launch DJI GO 4 and enter the image transmission screen
7. wait for a moment and a "switch Wi-Fi setting" prompt will pop up.
8. Click "OK" and the aircraft will reset its Wi-Fi settings.

Then you can switch between 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz under Wi-Fi settings.
Best Regards,
Technical Support
DJI GmbH

I followed their instructions, but the problem still persists. Here are the videos I've created. I follow the steps above.

Galaxy S7:

Galaxy S6:

I was also asked to send Spark for analysis. I like to send Spark but I'm afraid it will not solve anything, without I send my phone with a local SIM that sets the channel table in the Android.

I say beforehand that I am not curious for the advice of users as to use OTG. This does not interest me! I want Spark to work as advertised by Dji.

EDIT:
Aircraft Firmware: V 01.00.0701
Remote Controller Firmware: V 01.00.0400

2017-11-24
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Arcicorsa, please note that some Android phone do not support 5.8 G.
When you connect your phone with RC, app will show 5.8 G channel. It means that the signal between RC and AC is 5.8 G while the signal between RC and your phone will remain in 2.4 G.
Please try to download a wifi analyzer app and check if your phone can search the signal of 5.8 G. Or you can use IPhone to connect the RC and see if you can select 2.4 G successfully. Thanks for your support.
2017-11-24
Use props
Anuvis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1976736 ft
Greece

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-24 05:15
When you connect your phone with RC, app will show 5.8 G channel. It means that the signal between RC and AC is 5.8 G while the signal between RC and your phone will remain in 2.4 G.
Please try to download a wifi analyzer app and check if your phone can search the signal of 5.8 G. Or you can use IPhone to connect the RC and see if you can select 2.4 G successfully. Thanks for your support.

LOL he has Samsung galaxy s7 it supports 5.8 ghZ.You cant see 5.8 ghz because DJI geniuses have the US channel list activated in the drone.We in EU did not see the channels that are in us.The DJI NASA employs have not figured out it yet THAT WE HAVE ANOTHER CHANELL BAND IN EU THAT US SO THATS WY YOU CANT SEE THE CHANNELS
2017-11-24
Use props
Arcicorsa
lvl.4
Czechia

Dear Elektra,

Samsung Galaxy S7 and S6 they are OFFICIAL DJI SUPPORTED phones, you look here https://www.dji.com/spark/info . I quote:

"Android version 4.4.0 or later. Compatible with Samsung S8 ,Samsung S7 edge, Samsung S7, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Samsung tabs 705c, Ascend Mate 9, Ascend Mate 7, Huawei Honor 8, Huawei P8 Max, Vivo X7, Xiaomi 5, Google Nexus 6p, Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, LG V20."

Galaxy S6 and S7 of course supports 5Ghz Band. Look here please https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s7-7821.php . It is full specification of Galaxy S7. I quote: "WLAN        Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot".

Problem is different Android and Spark channel table in each EU countries. In my country (Czech Republic) the Spark uses not supported channels.

Each EU countries have different radio traffic regulations. In my country (Czech Republic) is not allowed channels the Spark uses.

In Android is automatic set WiFi channel table according to the inserted SIM (I have Tmobile CZ so Wifi is set up according to Czech law and user can not affect this setting).

I am adding screenshot from WiFi analyzer running in my phone. You can see the 5Ghz band of WiFi channels that Andoid uses in my country (Czech Republic). If You look on Spark 5Ghz band WiFi table you will see that they are different (Dji GO, settings, wifi, CHANNEL INDEX).. Everything is visible on the enclosed screenshots (please read comments of screenshots).

Please, Electra, give the problem examine for competent technicians who understand WiFi issues. I report myself as betatester to this problem and I will be of help to you. Please start to solving for this problem.

In my country, Pelikan Daniel is a local dealer. When I was on the last Dji Training Day they had the same problem as me. You can also contact them. Eventually, I can join them and we will help to you diagnose the problem.

If I send Spark to German or Dutch Dji repair service, the problem will not be reflected. It is necessary to test the problem in my country (Czech Republic) with local SIM and Android device purchased in my country.

Spark is best photo/video capturing pocket copter and I would like, to work properly in each EU countries. I can assist anyway in solving this problem.

Please tell me, how to continue. I waiting to message from you. I am already desperate and I do not know how to solve a problem that is limited to only some EU countries and can be tested only in the affected countries.

Please also have users who have this problem to sign in here. Or make a short video or photo documentation about a problem like me.

Thank you in advance to all who help solve this problem.

Screenshot running WiFi scaner on my phone

Screenshot running WiFi scaner on my phone

Dji Spark WiFi channel table

Dji Spark WiFi channel table

WiFi scanner runing on my computer

WiFi scanner runing on my computer
2017-11-24
Use props
b3da
lvl.2
Flight distance : 578169 ft
Czechia

Hello,
I'm from Czech Republic and can confirm this issue too.
@Arcicorsa described it really well.. (thanks for this!)
I think many people use OTG or rooted android (with supported wifi region set), but those are workarounds and are not supported officially (in fact OTG is broken in latest app, but that's another line), so it would be nice to have this implemented proper way.
Spark is great little machine and I like it much, it's shame to have nothing but default wifi option here, or resort to unsupported methods in order to achieve standard device functionality.
2017-11-24
Use props
TudorD
Second Officer
Flight distance : 832480 ft
Romania

The Wi-Fi 5.8 bands allocation is the same in all European countries.
Using Spark with a remote and without an OTG cable in Europe is a violation of law because DJI imbedded in the remote non-European 5.8 bands. And this is available for Apple or Android users.

Let me explain:
- on Android on Wi-Fi link if we use 2.4 to connect to the remote the remote uses 5.8 (non-European bands) to connect to Spark
- Android bans utilization of non-European 5.8 bands so we cannot see the remote
- on iPhone or iPad, we can use both bands to connect to the remote because Apple has a bad implementation of the Wi-Fi protocol allowing permanently all bands in 5.8
- the only fully legal use of a remote with Spark in Europe was by OTG and forcing a 2.4 connection remote-Spark and that use was deliberately banned by DJI.

With the 4.1.18 version of their application DJI has offered us an opportunity to return their non-conformed to EU laws products because, I think, using an unapproved frequency is a violation of the law. I will try this next week and I will make a claim to our national communication authority to ban this DJI product as non-conform.

2017-11-24
Use props
Flip_L
lvl.3
Flight distance : 330686 ft
Germany

I'm a bit confused about this legality issue. Here's why: every source I checked lists the 5.8GHz channels used by DJI as applicable for Short Range Devices (25 mW) (which is why the RC transmitter power is reduced from 28 dbm (FCC), 14 dBm (CE), which is approximately 25mW and as far as I can see perfectly legal. The android phone in this thread however uses the 5.8GHz channel 36 which is according to my quick research only allowed indoors and thus could not be used to fly the spark outdoors.

Could somebody who knows a bit more about the topic shed some light on this, please? Would be much appreciated.
2017-11-25
Use props
TudorD
Second Officer
Romania

The problem was very well presented here: https://forum.dji.com/thread-100550-1-1.html. According to this link I think that using those channels is a problem because DJI products must respect the bandwidth allocation in Europe. We can accept the reduced power of the transmission in Europe but DJI products must use the European frequencies or in Europe to stop using those frequencies and enable OTG.
Apple products leave all channels open and can connect in any country to any of those channels assuming that the Wi-Fi providers use legal settings. It is the Wi-Fi provider who has to comply to the rules... routers use specific settings in order to comply to those rules.
Android devices even having the ability to use those channels use an operating system channel allocation by country and cannot see those channels in Europe. Personally, I am using two Note 5 Android phones a 9208 (Taiwan) and a 920i (Australia) and I cannot see those 5.8 channels of Spark because I am located in Europe. Maybe I have to travel to US or to China in order to use 5.8.

2017-11-25
Use props
Arcicorsa
lvl.4
Czechia

TudorD Posted at 2017-11-24 22:40
Using Spark with a remote and without an OTG cable in Europe is a violation of law because DJI imbedded in the remote non-European 5.8 bands. And this is available for Apple or Android users.

This is very special. I have communication with Dji Repair Service in Germany where they claim to have tested the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S7 and have successfully joined (I attach communication). I therefore conclude that the situation may vary across the EU. Or they have a ROOT phone and a lie.

Comunication with Dji repair service:

"Good Morning Artur,

Thank your for the video and explanation. We still suggest to try and send it in for a check. We have tested it again here with a Samsumg S7 and S6 that we have and there were no problems.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

To get started with your online repair request click: HERE
Best Regards,
Technical Support
DJI GmbH"
2017-11-25
Use props
Flip_L
lvl.3
Germany

TudorD Posted at 2017-11-25 03:39
The problem was very well presented here: https://forum.dji.com/thread-100550-1-1.html. According to this link I think that using those channels is a problem because DJI products must respect the bandwidth allocation in Europe. We can accept the reduced power of the transmission in Europe but DJI products must use the European frequencies or in Europe to stop using those frequencies and enable OTG.
Apple products leave all channels open and can connect in any country to any of those channels assuming that the Wi-Fi providers use legal settings. It is the Wi-Fi provider who has to comply to the rules... routers use specific settings in order to comply to those rules.
Android devices even having the ability to use those channels use an operating system channel allocation by country and cannot see those channels in Europe. Personally, I am using two Note 5 Android phones a 9208 (Taiwan) and a 920i (Australia) and I cannot see those 5.8 channels of Spark because I am located in Europe. Maybe I have to travel to US or to China in order to use 5.8.

Thanks for your reply. I know the thread. Those comments seem to be the most insightful on this topic and raise the same issues I have mentioned:

"There is a good table of the channel allocations here: http://www.radio-electronics.com ... ncies-bandwidth.php
The channels that DJI are using are the correct channels for outdoor Short Range Devices (SRD) in Europe on the 5.8GHz band, so that is not going to change."

"DJI got it right, your list is not complete.
channels 149-165 are permitted for use in outdoors in ETSI regions for Short Range Devices (SRD) using low power transmissions, which is exactly what Spark is.
The problem is with the phones and tablets that assumed you will only be connecting to indoor devices... "
2017-11-25
Use props
Arcicorsa
lvl.4
Czechia

Flip_L Posted at 2017-11-25 04:09
Thanks for your reply. I know the thread. Those comments seem to be the most insightful on this topic and raise the same issues I have mentioned:

"There is a good table of the channel allocations here: http://www.radio-electronics.com/info/wireless/wi-fi/80211-channels-number-frequencies-bandwidth.php

This is not entirely true. Previously channels were divided into "outdoor" and "indoor". However, according to this document http://www.etsi.org/deliver/etsi ... _301893v020101p.pdf this does not apply and the only limit is the emitted power. The document is current 2017-05.
2017-11-25
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

TudorD Posted at 2017-11-24 22:40

I am not sure, that this "the only fully legal use of a remote with Spark in Europe was by OTG and forcing a 2.4 connection remote-Spark " is "full" true.

But it is a very difficult thing to enlight, with only internet.
I did read about, that in EU and for short range devices the 5.8 GHz Channels are permitted to use, as long your device can auto switch the channels.
To leave the regular users, like weather radar (I think that it was weather radar) be 'alone' in their used frequencies.
It was when I had trouble with my LG G4 near a report station.
Ok, in the end I decided, it was alone the LG G4, but, before that I searched the net.
And somewhere I found a website, that the EU has a regulation like mentioned above!

I still go more with the theory that androids (google and phone manufacturers) are not implementing this rule into their devices.
Instead they shutting this channels down, in CE 'waters'.
hoe else you would explain, that iOS devices work it this way, with the Spark? (If it is right, what iOS user tellin in the forums, right?)
2017-11-25
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Arcicorsa Posted at 2017-11-25 04:22
This is not entirely true. Previously channels were divided into "outdoor" and "indoor". However, according to this document http://www.etsi.org/deliver/etsi_en/301800_301899/301893/02.01.01_60/en_301893v020101p.pdf this does not apply and the only limit is the emitted power. The document is current 2017-05.

Right!
And the indoor chanels are the lower ones, the ones on your picture, 30's, 40's, right?
2017-11-25
Use props
Arcicorsa
lvl.4
Czechia

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-11-25 04:36
I am not sure, that this "the only fully legal use of a remote with Spark in Europe was by OTG and forcing a 2.4 connection remote-Spark " is "full" true.

But it is a very difficult thing to enlight, with only internet.

Interestingly. In the Czech Republic we have two weather radars. One on 5645 MHz and the other on 5635 MHz, both with power 250kW (http://portal.chmi.cz/files/port ... fo_czrad/index.html). Spark and Android in my country are not in a collision with radar frequency.
2017-11-25
Use props
Flip_L
lvl.3
Germany

thanks for correcting me. As far as I understand it, this doesn't change the fact, that the used channels 149-165 are fine according to ETSI. The thing is that Android devices including CrystalSky do not support them. I don't know how this could be fixed by DJI (other than OTG).
2017-11-25
Use props
Arcicorsa
lvl.4
Czechia

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-11-25 04:40
Right!
And the indoor chanels are the lower ones, the ones on your picture, 30's, 40's, right?

I am not able to trace it, according to the current document I mention, the division into "internal" and "outdoors" is not at all. The criterion is only radiated power.
2017-11-25
Use props
Arcicorsa
lvl.4
Czechia

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-11-25 04:40
Right!

I found it!! Here is the document ETSI EN 301 893 V1.7.1 (2012-06) which refers to the "indoor" and "outdoor" split on page 80. However, this document is no longer valid and is replaced by the document updated by ETSI EN 301 893 V2.1.1 (2017-05). This new document no longer divides into "internal" and "outdoor".
2017-11-25
Use props
Arcicorsa
lvl.4
Czechia

Flip_L Posted at 2017-11-25 04:49
thanks for correcting me. As far as I understand it, this doesn't change the fact, that the used channels 149-165 are fine according to ETSI. The thing is that Android devices including CrystalSky do not support them. I don't know how this could be fixed by DJI (other than OTG).

Unfortunately, Spark is not according to ETSI. ETSI EN 301 893 V2.1.1 (2017-05) lists two 5Ghz frequency bands for the EU. Specifically, from 5 250 MHz to 5 350 MHz and 5 470 MHz to 5 725 MHz. Spark starts from Channel 149 and it is 5745Ghz. So Spark and its WiFi 5Ghz are illegal in the EU. But I also have to point out that ETSI EN documents are just recommendations and are not binding on EU countries. Each EU country can have its own channel distribution. This is a huge mess ... This would also explain why in some states in the EU Spark and 5Ghz work.
2017-11-25
Use props
Arcicorsa
lvl.4
Czechia

Here you can look at a 5Ghz band in my country ..

http://spektrum.ctu.cz/en/band?filter%5BfrequencyFrom%5D=5&filter%5BfrequencyFromUnit%5D=GHz&filter%5BfrequencyTo%5D=6&filter%5BfrequencyToUnit%5D=GHz

WiFi is enabled at frequencies of 5,150 - 5,350 MHz and 5,470 - 5.725 MHz in Czech Republic. Spark and its 5Ghz band are illegal in my country!!!!

So if I fly my Spark and RC-AC link to 5.8Ghz I break the law in the Czech Republic.

It is great...
2017-11-25
Use props
TudorD
Second Officer
Romania

This was my point of view: DJI must provide a new solution because now, with the .18 update, Spark is totally an outlaw:
- If the chipsets are capable, in Europe we need the European Wi-Fi 5.8 channels and disable the non-EU ones;
- If not, OTG and 2.4 is the only solution; and no out of the spectrum 5.8 Wi-Fi emission, probably a total ban of those channels.

Personally I don’t feel very comfortable knowing that I am breaking the law.
2017-11-25
Use props
Arcicorsa
lvl.4
Czechia

TudorD Posted at 2017-11-25 06:27
This was my point of view: DJI must provide a new solution because now, with the .18 update, Spark is totally an outlaw:
- If the chipsets are capable, in Europe we need the European Wi-Fi 5.8 channels and disable the non-EU ones;
- If not, OTG and 2.4 is the only solution; and no out of the spectrum 5.8 Wi-Fi emission, probably a total ban of those channels.

I totally agree with you. This is a huge problem. All who use Spark in the EU without OTG at the 5.8Ghz frequency act unlawfully. It's exactly what you say. They have to edit FW in WiFi modules (if it's technically possible) or have to completely ban in the 5Ghz band in EU and start officially supporting OTG ..
2017-11-25
Use props
AdeP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 194718 ft
Netherlands

This is what I found on 5.8GHZ wifi bands in Europe:

"Fifteen channels on the 5GHz band are called DFS channels. The frequencies used by these channels are also used by aviation and weather radars in addition to Wi-Fi. Radars take precedence over Wi-Fi, so a DFS channel must be released once the router detects a radar. Many routers on the European market do not support DFS channels, while the same routers do offer support in the United States.

Four of these additional channels (52, 56, 60 and 64) have, just like the completely free channels, a maximum transmit power of 200 milliwatts. The remaining eleven channels (100, 104, 108, 112, 116, 120, 124, 128, 132, 136, 140) have a maximum transmit power of 1 watt. So you get a lot more room to experiment with DFS channels.
The frequencies of channels 52 to 140 are within range of used radar frequencies, if radar is detected, the AP will have to divert to another channel. Before switching to another channel, the 5 GHz radio is first switched off for a certain period (this can vary between 10 and 30 minutes, depending on the vendor). Anticipating radar is done by DFS (Dynamic Frequency Selection) and TPC (Transmit Power Control)"
2017-11-25
Use props
Arcicorsa
lvl.4
Czechia

AdeP Posted at 2017-11-25 06:59
This is what I found on 5.8GHZ wifi bands in Europe:

"Fifteen channels on the 5GHz band are called DFS channels. The frequencies used by these channels are also used by aviation and weather radars in addition to Wi-Fi. Radars take precedence over Wi-Fi, so a DFS channel must be released once the router detects a radar. Many routers on the European market do not support DFS channels, while the same routers do offer support in the United States.

You are to some extent correct, but please note that each country has its own telecommunication office which divides the band. This is why they differ in different EU countries.

What you say does not apply in my country that is part of the EU. It does not even apply in the UK. According to the Ofcom (UK Telecommunications Authority), only indor is allowed in the non-license band at 5.725 - 5.875 GHz. You can check it here: http://static.ofcom.org.uk/static/spectrum/map.html

Check out the regulator site in your country and check the situation.

UK.png
2017-11-25
Use props
Arcicorsa
lvl.4
Czechia

In Germany, Spark is also illegal !! Check here: https://www.bundesnetzagentur.de ... nalenetze-node.html ..
DE.png
2017-11-25
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Interesting link, but:
Nope, you were looking at the wrong topic!
One topic up, you find 'us' in :

https://www.bundesnetzagentur.de/DE/Sachgebiete/Telekommunikation/Unternehmen_Institutionen/Frequenzen/Grundlagen/Frequenzplan/frequenzplan-node.html

And there a download for 'frequenzplan':

https://www.bundesnetzagentur.de/SharedDocs/Downloads/DE/Sachgebiete/Telekommunikation/Unternehmen_Institutionen/Frequenzen/Frequenzplan.pdf?__blob=publicationFile&v=9

It is not, that 5725-5875 MHz can't be used in Germany or Europe under CE Law (This part is regulated from Bruessel.
I found some time ago, before my travel to Europe somewhere a identical info, I would say, on a EU website somewhere.

5725-5875.jpg

I still think more and more, iOS is be able to, androids mostly not:
It seems, that it is not DJI here.
But android/the phone manufacturers, whom switching off this chanels in europe/CE territory!
2017-11-25
Use props
Arcicorsa
lvl.4
Czechia

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-11-25 10:15
Interesting link, but:
Nope, you were looking at the wrong topic!
One topic up, you find 'us' in :

I've done some research yet.

To be able to sell equipment in EU countries, Dji has to prove the CE protocol. It is available here https://d15bfve0bne4ko.cloudfront.net/Spark/Spark.pdf  .

As can be seen, CE document Dji is based on document EN 300 440-2 V1.4.1 (2010-08). The document is invalid since the beginning of the year and is replaced by the document ETSI EN 300 440 V2.1.1 (2017-01). Yes, here is listed on page 10 in Table 1: "Transmit and Receive 5 725 MHz to 5 875 MHz Non-specific short range devices"

( http://www.etsi.org/deliver/etsi ... _300440v020101v.pdf )

All Spark RC-AC communication that does not use WiFi protocols is OK and falls under the document ETSI EN 300 440. However, only if it complies with a request that is in the document on page 10, the FHSS transmission system (https://cs.wikipedia.org/wiki/FHSS). Unfortunately, I am unable to find out whether Spark meets this.

The phone-RC or phone-AC connection uses WiFi protocols and because it does not meet the regulations in ETSI EN 301 893 for 5Ghz band, it is illegal in the EU ...

For users it is important: if Spark or RC are connected to phone on 2.4Ghz, everything is legal if Spark meets the above points. But as soon as you operate a phone - RC Link or a phone - Spark Link on 5.8Ghz you act unlawfully in the EU ..

Dji made a serious mistake in implementing Spark WiFi in the EU ...
2017-11-25
Use props
Arcicorsa
lvl.4
Czechia

Dear Electra,

my research is over. I contacted StableCam, the exclusive Dji vendor in my country. I have sent them all the information I have received, specifically the information in my contribution number 26 in this thread. It is clear from my findings that the sale of Dji Spark is illegal in the EU because you have an substandard WiFi implementation in the EU. I will forward all the information to the Czech Trade Inspection Authority and the Czech Telecommunication Office. Your (Dji) constant excuses do tired me anymore and it is necessary to start acting differently..
2017-11-26
Use props
TudorD
Second Officer
Romania

Same situation in Romania, page 156 of the national frequency allocation: www.ancom.org.ro/uploads/links_f ... modif-2010_2011.pdf.

The document points to the same EU ETSI EN 300 440 standard. DJI must provide a rapid response because a non-conformity report from any national EU regulatory agency will ban Spark from all EU countries.

I have no experience with other DJI products but I think that this problem must be investigated further...
2017-11-26
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Arcicorsa Posted at 2017-11-26 07:41
Dear Electra,

my research is over. I contacted StableCam, the exclusive Dji vendor in my country. I have sent them all the information I have received, specifically the information in my contribution number 26 in this thread. It is clear from my findings that the sale of Dji Spark is illegal in the EU because you have an substandard WiFi implementation in the EU. I will forward all the information to the Czech Trade Inspection Authority and the Czech Telecommunication Office. Your (Dji) constant excuses do tired me anymore and it is necessary to start acting differently..

Arcicorsa, please note that we do not break the law and we use 5.8 G channel which is allowed in EU. You can use an IOS device to link the spark for further check. If the IOS device fails to search the wifi, please send your spark back and provide us the case number, we will locate the problem. Thanks for your attention.
2017-11-26
Use props
Flip_L
lvl.3
Germany

Hi Elektra, thanks for your response. I think you’re right about this, otherwise the Spark wouldn’t have a CE label. But, would it be possible for you to post a comprehensive link to the EU regulations concerning the use of the different WiFi frequencies to back this up. I’ve been searching for a while but was unable to find something satisfying. It would be much appreciated.
2017-11-26
Use props
Flip_L
lvl.3
Germany

Oh, two more questions: How are you going to solve this issue (android devices not being able to connect to the RC’s 5.8ghz WiFi), because this also affects your CrystalSky monitor.
And what are you’re thoughts about the fact that the description of the CrystalSky mounting bracket in the DJI store says that you have to connect the RC to CrystalSky via OTG.

“A USB OTG cable is required when connecting to a Spark remote controller.
A function allowing users to connect Spark's remote controller to CrystalSky monitors and other mobile devices with a USB OTG cable is coming soon.”

https://m.dji.com/product/crystalsky-mavic-spark-rc-mounting-bracket

As always, thanks for your help.
2017-11-26
Use props
Arcicorsa
lvl.4
Czechia

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-26 22:08
Arcicorsa, please note that we do not break the law and we use 5.8 G channel which is allowed in EU. You can use an IOS device to link the spark for further check. If the IOS device fails to search the wifi, please send your spark back and provide us the case number, we will locate the problem. Thanks for your attention.

If you were at least looking at everything I put in you would see you're wrong. It's not worth having fun with you, you're like a stuck gramophone player. Let us resolve our dispute at local authorities.
2017-11-27
Use props
Arcicorsa
lvl.4
Czechia

Flip_L Posted at 2017-11-26 23:14
Hi Elektra, thanks for your response. I think you’re right about this, otherwise the Spark wouldn’t have a CE label. But, would it be possible for you to post a comprehensive link to the EU regulations concerning the use of the different WiFi frequencies to back this up. I’ve been searching for a while but was unable to find something satisfying. It would be much appreciated.

Here is the CE document issued by Dji https://d15bfve0bne4ko.cloudfront.net/Spark/Spark.pdf

The WiFi Declaration of Conformity is missing from the 5.8Ghz WiFi specification.
2017-11-27
Use props
Arcicorsa
lvl.4
Czechia

I have new information !! All the documents and my research were submitted to the Czech Telecommunications Office yesterday for review. I was contacted today and the authority confirmed my conclusions. Spark does not meet EU CE standards, so its sales across the EU are illegal. All subheadings, including the statements of the Czech Telecommunication Office, were forwarded to the Dji EU Center in Germany. Now we are waiting for their comments and confirmation of the next steps.

We will inform you about the further course of our dealings with Dji.
2017-11-28
Use props
Opst02
lvl.2
Flight distance : 59537 ft

Switzerland

Arcicorsa Posted at 2017-11-28 05:54
I have new information !! All the documents and my research were submitted to the Czech Telecommunications Office yesterday for review. I was contacted today and the authority confirmed my conclusions. Spark does not meet EU CE standards, so its sales across the EU are illegal. All subheadings, including the statements of the Czech Telecommunication Office, were forwarded to the Dji EU Center in Germany. Now we are waiting for their comments and confirmation of the next steps.

We will inform you about the further course of our dealings with Dji.

so they will remove Spark from the warehouse if they don't fix this? This is some major pressure for dji.
2017-11-28
Use props
Arcicorsa
lvl.4
Czechia

Opst02 Posted at 2017-11-28 06:34
so they will remove Spark from the warehouse if they don't fix this? This is some major pressure for dji.

At this point, the problem was confirmed local authorities. I have not yet submitted the documents of the Czech Trade Inspection which may act in this way. Dja was given time to comment and to propose solutions to the problem. If Dji does not try to solve the problem, documents will be handed over to the Czech Trade Inspection Authority and it will start to act. Then there is probably the story you introduced.
2017-11-28
Use props
DaMa
First Officer
Flight distance : 889662 ft
  • >>>
Germany

In DE I think it is still in progress – and that can take a long time ... If I'm not mistaken, there was an approximate message at the beginning of the year: iPhones should not be sold anymore in EU ...... or something like this...

Spark CE: https://d15bfve0bne4ko.cloudfront.net/Spark/Spark.pdf

German Bundestag http://dip21.bundestag.de/dip21/btd/18/121/1812139.pdf: Draft of a law recasting regulations on radio equipment and amending the Telecommunications Act and repealing the Radio Equipment and Telecommunications Terminal Equipment Act.
Please use Google for translation

[size=11.000000pt]Problem
                                        [size=11.000000pt]Der Gesetzentwurf dient der Umsetzung der Richtlinie 2014/53/EU des Europäi- schen Parlaments und des Rates vom 16. April 2014 über die Harmonisierung der Rechtsvorschriften der Mitgliedstaaten über die Bereitstellung von Funkanlagen auf dem Markt und zur Aufhebung der Richtlinie 1999/5/EG. Das bisher geltende Gesetz über Funkanlagen und Telekommunikationsendeinrichtungen (FTEG) vom 31. Januar 2001 (BGBl. S. 170), das zuletzt durch Artikel 1 des Gesetzes vom 23. Januar 2016 (BGBl. I S. 106) geändert worden ist, wird durch ein neues Gesetz über die Bereitstellung von Funkanlagen auf dem Markt (Funkanlagenge- setz – FuAG) ersetzt.

On Page 5: Dem § 38 wird folgender Satz angefügt:
„Funkanlagen, die mit bislang geltenden harmonisierten Normen über- einstimmen, dürfen auch nach dem 12. Juni 2017 bis zur Veröffentlichung aktueller harmonisierter Normen in Verkehr gebracht werden.“

2017-11-29
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

DaMa Posted at 2017-11-29 00:01
In DE I think it is still in progress – and that can take a long time ... If I'm not mistaken, there was an approximate message at the beginning of the year: iPhones should not be sold anymore in EU ...... or something like this...

Spark CE: https://d15bfve0bne4ko.cloudfront.net/Spark/Spark.pdf

My guess, this is the point, minimum for Germany:

„Funkanlagen, die mit bislang geltenden harmonisierten Normen über- einstimmen, dürfen auch nach dem 12. Juni 2017 bis zur Veröffentlichung aktueller harmonisierter Normen in Verkehr gebracht werden.“

Not only available for sale, till clarification, but also to use, even if things get changed afterwards!
2017-11-29
Use props
Arcicorsa
lvl.4
Czechia

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-11-29 00:06
My guess, this is the point, minimum for Germany:

What you are reporting concerns devices that have already been marketed and sold. If you own a device that was sold in compliance with EU standards, you can continue to use it even when the law changes and the device is no longer in compliance. But this applies to already sold devices. Dji has never been in compliance with EU regulations at the time of launch of Spark..

The same goes for Iphone. Those sold in the EU before the laws change are in order, but new ones that are marketed must meet EU standards.
2017-11-29
Use props
DaMa
First Officer
Flight distance : 889662 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Here in germany everything is not seen so seriously ..., see car industry and the brand new "Glyphosat" history. Do not see everything so closely, the important thing is that everything is regulated ... For me, the weather plays a bigger role
2017-11-29
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules