Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Overcurrent during discharge?
2501 12 2017-11-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sent the bird up this morning to capture the beautiful sunrise and test the new pano feature.  I took two panos and a few single shots and everything went off without a hitch.  Got a few wind warnings, not at all uncommon with this quad.  My Spark gives off far less warnings under the same circumstances. Anyway, about 43 degrees and flying at about 350ft up and maybe 900ft out.  I put the Mavic in Sport to go a bit further to capture a different angle.  This warning pops halfway during sticks up.  Felt there was a sudden power loss and I braced for a moment and went full stop expecting the worst.  The aircraft showed no further signs of distress, but I elected to skip the shot and bring it back and land.  I had this warning the other day, both times taking off with a battery that was perhaps at 95%... anyone have any insight?
2017-11-24
Use props
K4Unl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122175 ft
Netherlands

I've noticed that when you hit it in sports mode after your battery has been drained a little, and moving forward and up at full speed, the battery can't cope and will give overcurrent warnings.
2017-11-24
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thank you for your reply, in fact I was ascending and going forward at the same time. Will test more.
2017-11-24
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

In short, "take your foot out of it" !
2017-11-24
Use props
Itsfaultyagain!
Ban Posts
Flight distance : 780285 ft
South Africa

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-11-24
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Itsfaultyagain! Posted at 2017-11-24 10:03
I've lost a drone doing what you did, aircraft isn't designed for sports mode. Think it can over work the ESC's and they shut everything down

Not sure I follow when you say the aircraft isn't designed for sports mode.  In the past, I've actually done this maneuver before with no ill effects or warnings.  I also didn't have it "floored" so to speak.  
2017-11-24
Use props
Itsfaultyagain!
Ban Posts
Flight distance : 780285 ft
South Africa

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-11-24
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Please don't highjack the thread.  You've already made your opinion known in 60% of all the threads on this board.  
2017-11-24
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

According to your threads and posts for the last couple of days you obviously have a vendetta with DJI currently.  I am looking for more open minded help.  Please refrain from childish name calling guy.
2017-11-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Longtime overcurrent may cause the high temperature of the controller ESC board and battery, which might cause some error in flight. So please don't keep the drone flying for a long time.  
Besides, this may also appear as a false warning, flying at a high altitude etc.
2017-11-26
Use props
K4Unl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122175 ft
Netherlands

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-26 18:50
Longtime overcurrent may cause the high temperature of the controller ESC board and battery, which might cause some error in flight. So please don't keep the drone flying for a long time.  
Besides, this may also appear as a false warning, flying at a high altitude etc.

Hiya Thor,

Could you care to elaborate on the 'etc' part? What would cause it to show a false error?
2017-11-27
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Agree, would also like to know that?
2017-11-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

K4Unl Posted at 2017-11-27 05:15
Hiya Thor,

Could you care to elaborate on the 'etc' part? What would cause it to show a false error?

The false warning is the app detect the issue that there actually doesn't exist, it could be cured by rebooting the drone. If it is the false warning, no worries.
2017-12-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules