Inspire 1 gimbal no movement
4132 11 2017-11-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Technikfan
lvl.1

Germany

Hello,

i have a problem with my inspire 1 gimbal.
I have bought a used inspire 1 with two remotes.

Now, when i power up the RC , the AC and connect my mobile device, the gimbal does no calibration movement.
In the app, i see the camera picture, but i can not control the movement of the gimbal.

When i do the gimbal calibration in the app, there is only one short beep and the gimbal move a micro step, then after a few seconds there is another
short beep and the the message, gimbal calibrated.

So i see no error messages in the app but the gimbal does not move.

Do you have an idea ?

Thanks for help

2017-11-24
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Guernsey

First thing I would check would be the contacts in the gimbal and camera and make sure the ribbon cables are securely connected. Is everything up to date as far as firmware is concerned?  

Mark G.
2017-11-24
Use props
Highasakite
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1423930 ft
United States

Technikfan, If you have 2 remotes, one is setup as Master the other Slave. Master for flying the aircraft and Slave for the secondary camera operator. Try connecting with the other remote. Safety First! Ken.
2017-11-24
Use props
fansa9060658
New

United States

Okay, you've powered up the AC and RC and the gimbal is acting up? Power off the AC, remove the camera and rotation white line in a central position to line up with camera. You may have to repeat this process of fitting the camera back onto gimbal. Then, power up the AC.  This happens to me quite often...
2017-11-24
Use props
fansa9060658
New

United States

Okay, you've powered up the AC and RC and the gimbal is acting up? Power off the AC, remove the camera and rotation white line in a central position to line up with camera. You may have to repeat this process of fitting the camera back onto gimbal. Then, power up the AC.  This happens to me quite often...
2017-11-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Please refer to Mark's suggestions to check the connector and gimbal cable to make sure they are normal, here are pictures for your reference. contact.png pin.png
2017-11-24
Use props
Technikfan
lvl.1

Germany

Hello Mark and Dj Mindy,

At First a big thanks to you for your fast help.

I have visually checked the connector and also the cable.
It seems to ne ok.

I have also tried to Check the electrical connectivity between the connector plate and the cable going to the Controller.
But i have no wiring diagram so i can not check it the right way.

What i am wondering is the fact, that i don‘t get an error message about the gimbal in the app.

And if i move the gimbal up and down by Hand, i See the indicator in the App moving. So i think the measurement work of this Axis.
2017-11-25
Use props
Technikfan
lvl.1

Germany

Hello Fansa,

The Problem is, that there is no movement of the gimbal at all...!
2017-11-25
Use props
Technikfan
lvl.1

Germany

Any other ideas?
2017-11-28
Use props
Henry M.Y.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11548839 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hi Technikfan,

Do you have access to an OSMO handle to ascertain whether the concerned gimbal will do its powering up dance?

Or else, do you have access to another X3 (or X5) camera for you to ascertain your whole Inspire 1 AC and RC system (except the concerned gimbal) is working normally?

I think after ascertaining the above, you will be in a better position to know what is the problem.

Henry
2017-11-28
Use props
Technikfan
lvl.1

Germany

Thanks Henry,

I have no osmo here.
But i have another gimbal which is doing exactly the same : no movement, no error message.

Is it correct that the ncore controller controlls the gimbal ?
2017-11-29
Use props
Henry M.Y.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11548839 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Technikfan Posted at 2017-11-29 01:37
Thanks Henry,

I have no osmo here.

Hi Technikfan,

It seems to me that the problem is not relating to your gimbals but the Inspire 1. Have you tried what Mark suggested in particular the 2 ribbon cables? These two cables can be verified by loosening the rubber mounts.

Henry
2017-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules