12Next >
9361 50 2017-11-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

Just updated the FW & GO to the latest version with Pano mode.

First off, AWESOME!  Thoughtful numbering with "pano" in the file name makes it a breeze to work with in Lightroom.

Second, the 3 image horizontal mode actually takes 21 shots instead of 3.  The 3 image vertical pano takes just 3 like it should.  I understand that there is the 21 shot exposure mode to the right of the 3 shot horizontal one, but both do the same thing as of now.  Seems like a simple fix.

Third & lastly, could the Mavic take the shots a bit slower so that the exposure has time to compensate?  The images that are downward facing (anything less than a level shot) are a bit dark.

Overall, Pano Mode is an excellent feature that I've been looking for in this Mavic for a year now.  Well executed, DJI!  

2017-11-24
Use props
MTUFLYER28
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8477969 ft
United States

Agreed.  I'm glad they added the new feature.  I was surprised at how fast it tries to take the shots and have noticed it adversely affects the quality.  But still fun to play with.
2017-11-24
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Horizontal should be 9 shots with 180 being 21 and Sphere 34.
If you lock the exposure or use manual camera settings beforehand it won't change the exposure during the shoot.
Don't use the new 8331 props with the pano as the blade tips may show up in the shot - especially if it's windy. Stitch the panos using DJI media maker for the best results.
2017-11-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Changing exposure is not a good idea for panoramic pictures.
You will see the exposure changes in the final product.
2017-11-24
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
United States

A CW Posted at 2017-11-24 11:26
If you lock the exposure or use manual camera settings beforehand it won't change the exposure during the shoot.
Don't use the new 8331 props with the pano as the blade tips may show up in the shot - especially if it's windy. Stitch the panos using DJI media maker for the best results.

I used the 8331 props with no issue.
2017-11-24
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-11-24 11:36
Changing exposure is not a good idea for panoramic pictures.
You will see the exposure changes in the final product.

I had it on auto-exposure and it came out good. If I had locked the exposure, the ground features would be black. That or the sky would be blown out. Dark trees & such...
2017-11-24
Use props
fansff5576df
New

Indonesia

I coudnt get spherical image, always failed.
And also get terrible lack transmission.. Anyone experiencing this? I use android 6.0
2017-11-24
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

As I said, it will depend on the wind speed. If you have the 8331 props on and suddenly hit a fast wind during the pano the props will show on the +30 degree gimbal tilt to complete the image. In mild winds there should be no problem.
2017-11-25
Use props
AussieFlyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 165213 ft
Australia

Hi DRONE-flies-YOU

Are you using IOS? If so are there 3 or 4 Pano modes. The info out there so far does not confirm if users are flying with Android or IOS so it's a bit difficult to figure exactly what the different Pano modes for Mavic are.
I am IOS and have just updated DJI Go4 app to V.4.1.8, AC & RC to V01.04.0100. I only see Spherical, Vertical & Horizontal modes. I do NOT see a 180 deg mode. Haven't had a chance to fly yet, upgrade took 3 hours with numerous failures via DJI Assistant 2
Any advice welcome.
Aussie Flyer
2017-11-25
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

A CW Posted at 2017-11-24 11:26

Is there any way to make "Interactive" 360° Pano's with Media Maker, so far all I can see is the ability to stitch static pano's ? I have to import to Photoshop>create 3D layer>adjust for uploading to Face Book or Insta Gram>export and upload before they become Interactive. Anyone know how to export to local HD and still have Interactive 360° scroll capability?
2017-11-25
Use props
HomePoint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Going to try and get out later this afternoon before the sun sets, but sounds like this is a good addition from what people are saying.  Thank you and keep nice things coming DJI
2017-11-25
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

QuadKid Posted at 2017-11-25 03:30
Is there any way to make "Interactive" 360° Pano's with Media Maker, so far all I can see is the ability to stitch static pano's ? I have to import to Photoshop>create 3D layer>adjust for uploading to Face Book or Insta Gram>export and upload before they become Interactive. Anyone know how to export to local HD and still have Interactive 360° scroll capability?

Hit the scroll button and you can choose 180, 360 or spherical. Horizontal also works on 180. Vertical (3 shots) is not compatible with Media Maker.
2017-11-25
Use props
TB32
lvl.1
Flight distance : 657270 ft
United Kingdom

I'm a bit pee'd off with DJI... so they have released the firmware to allow you to use Pano mode on IOS and Android, but not on the Crystalsky. I asked on a DJI FB forum and they had no idea when that functionality was coming to the Crystalsky!

I don't get it, as Crystalsky is Android based anyway, and why make your own hardware the last platform to be able to use new features, surely if DJI want people to use Crystalsky, get the features out on your own hardware first and not third party hardware.

Should have stuck with my old iPad really....
2017-11-25
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
United States

TB32 Posted at 2017-11-25 08:14
I'm a bit pee'd off with DJI... so they have released the firmware to allow you to use Pano mode on IOS and Android, but not on the Crystalsky. I asked on a DJI FB forum and they had no idea when that functionality was coming to the Crystalsky!

I don't get it, as Crystalsky is Android based anyway, and why make your own hardware the last platform to be able to use new features, surely if DJI want people to use Crystalsky, get the features out on your own hardware first and not third party hardware.

Crystalsky and all DJI built-in displays use their own kernel. So a separate version must be made. You'll be waiting AWHILE.
2017-11-25
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
United States

AussieFlyer Posted at 2017-11-25 03:11
Hi DRONE-flies-YOU

Are you using IOS? If so are there 3 or 4 Pano modes. The info out there so far does not confirm if users are flying with Android or IOS so it's a bit difficult to figure exactly what the different Pano modes for Mavic are.

There are 4 panoramic modes on Android. 3 shot vertical, 3 shot horizontal  (but it does 21), 21 shot horizontal/vertical combo (should be 9), and a useless half-sphere mode that has blown out sky or too dark shadows.

This is an easy fix. This Panomode has awesome potential.
2017-11-25
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
United States

Panoramic mode also resets your gimbal to zero level. So, you get too much sky and not enough terrain. No problem if you're shooting mountains, I suppose.
2017-11-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2017-11-24 22:54
I had it on auto-exposure and it came out good. If I had locked the exposure, the ground features would be black. That or the sky would be blown out. Dark trees & such...

Ok, I am curious.
Can you share the outcome?
2017-11-25
Use props
BumblerBee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

Looks like an update is in order, and then waiting fro good weather to try it out.
I love panoramic photography, and was missing it in Mavic.
2017-11-25
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
Flight distance : 385338 ft
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2017-11-25 10:47
Crystalsky and all DJI built-in displays use their own kernel. So a separate version must be made. You'll be waiting AWHILE.

Wow!! I was thinking it would be nice to get a CrystalSky. It's kinda dropped on the priority list now...
2017-11-25
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
United States

I haven't upgraded to the latest firmware yet - planning to do that tonight although reading through these forums has me a little worried.

I hate to ask the stupid question but here goes...

Based on what I've read above, when taking pano pictures, I'm going to need a program, Media Maker (DJI?) or another 3rd party program, to stitch the pictures together. Correct?
2017-11-25
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
United States

CycleParadise Posted at 2017-11-25 14:38
I haven't upgraded to the latest firmware yet - planning to do that tonight although reading through these forums has me a little worried.

I used Lightroom to stitch the RAW panoramic images. There's only 1 obscure spot on the horizon that stitched a bit weird. But it was a super easy fix since it is so far into the background and water.
2017-11-26
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
United States

CycleParadise Posted at 2017-11-25 14:38

When you update, might I suggest you ONLY update this way:
- turn on Mavic and R/C (do not use your phone at all)
-now connect the R/C via the side USB to your computer
-open up Assistant & update

You'll see where it says the R/C and "uav"
2017-11-26
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
United States

TB32 Posted at 2017-11-25 08:14

Same here, DJI's response is always that the "Android platform for the Crystal Sky is Optimized, please wait patiently" Thank the heavens for Litchi, so user friendly and advanced waypoint creation makes it a breeze.
2017-11-26
Use props
nottuppaware
Second Officer
Flight distance : 70745 ft
Australia

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2017-11-24 22:54

I found in auto it bases the exposure on the first shot, so make sure its pointing at the sky otherwise you get a blown out image that even in Raw you can't correct.

Stitched in ICE, corrected in Lightroom from raw.

Taken straight from DJI go
2017-11-26
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2017-11-26 12:30
When you update, might I suggest you ONLY update this way:
- turn on Mavic and R/C (do not use your phone at all)
-now connect the R/C via the side USB to your computer

Thanks for the tip. That's exactly what I did to upgrade.

I wanted to go flying today to check out the update. Unfortunately that didn't happen. Hopefully tomorrow.
2017-11-26
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
United States

nottuppaware Posted at 2017-11-26 14:25
I found in auto it bases the exposure on the first shot, so make sure its pointing at the sky otherwise you get a blown out image that even in Raw you can't correct .

Those are really cool!! the first one (stitched in ICE, corrected in Lightroom) definitely looks better.
2017-11-26
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
United States

I found in auto it bases the exposure on the first shot, so make sure its pointing at the sky otherwise you get a blown out image that even in Raw you can't correct .

Thanks for the tip! I concur that the entire image is blown out.
2017-11-26
Use props
Jason WAI
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3136201 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Nice, just finished the update and would like to try the new features soon.
2017-11-26
Use props
Jason WAI
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3136201 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

The pic I got from the pano mode -sphere becomes a flat picture after it was downloaded to the device. Is there anyway to make it looks like a sphere ?
2017-11-27
Use props
ny300z
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2603478 ft
United States

I tried the new pano modes this weekend. Overall I am loving it and i think it works pretty good for the first update that includes Pano. I agree with the person above that said it takes the pics really quick. I would think it could take better pics if it was slower.

My big question for the gurus is this.....so since the pano mode uses multiple pics (21 i think for wide) does that mean I would be able to print a pano pretty large and still have good quality? I would love a big print of the bridge pic i took below hanging in the living room framed. I noticed the MB sizes were around 50 and 80mb when exported.

my first sphere and first pano pic from the other day. These are just downsized to 1080p to post so the quality is not that great

2017-11-27
Use props
TB32
lvl.1
United Kingdom

CycleParadise Posted at 2017-11-25 14:34
Wow!! I was thinking it would be nice to get a CrystalSky. It's kinda dropped on the priority list now...

That's the thing, DJI really aren't doing themselves any favours not releasing this on their own hardware first. It doesn't really give you any great incentives to buy a Crystalsky over a cheaper tablet / phone.

It kind of feels like you are being punished for buying into hardware fully.

Maybe a little bit over dramatic, but hopefully you get my point.
2017-11-27
Use props
TB32
lvl.1
United Kingdom

QuadKid Posted at 2017-11-26 12:37
Same here, DJI's response is always that the "Android platform for the Crystal Sky is Optimized, please wait patiently" Thank the heavens for Litchi, so user friendly and advanced waypoint creation makes it a breeze.

Never used Litchi for fear of it invalidating my insurance, should the worse happen and I have issues.
Heard good stuff about it though tbh.
2017-11-27
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
United States

TB32 Posted at 2017-11-27 10:56
That's the thing, DJI really aren't doing themselves any favours not releasing this on their own hardware first. It doesn't really give you any great incentives to buy a Crystalsky over a cheaper tablet / phone.

It kind of feels like you are being punished for buying into hardware fully.

Yeah, seems like DJI is missing a great opportunity. They control the hardware, they can control the software and updates. If it's a device that "just works" and is updated first, seems like it could/would drive a lot of people to purchase it.
2017-11-27
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
United States

TB32 Posted at 2017-11-27 10:58
Never used Litchi for fear of it invalidating my insurance, should the worse happen and I have issues.
Heard good stuff about it though tbh.

I understand, my Mavic is still under the 1 year warranty but to tell the truth I don't care about the warranty, not sure if you live in the US but I bought a State Farm Policy to cover both my Mavic & P4P ( $2,650.00 total coverage) for only $ 75.00 a year, doesn't matter the cause of the loss, theft, hardware failure, pilot error, ect... it doesn't matter and they will issue a check or direct deposit within 5 business days of the claim. Although it's is probably a one time thing as I think they will drop me if I do file a claim.

On another note, we have a somewhat local "Authorized" DJI repair facility in my state, 1 day shipping UPS (cheap), 1 day to analyze, 3 business days to repair, 1 day back, which is nice because I will get "MY" drone back and not a refurbished unit, I will spend the little extra money to have it fixed locally and be able to speak to the repair tech personally.
For those people living in Florida or the Southeast US check them out.
Drone Nerds

As far as Litchi goes I find it much more user friendly and have never had a problem with it. Unlike DJI they are not constantly updating it to correct issues caused by the update itself!
2017-11-27
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
United States

ny300z Posted at 2017-11-27 06:41
I tried the new pano modes this weekend. Overall I am loving it and i think it works pretty good for the first update that includes Pano. I agree with the person above that said it takes the pics really quick. I would think it could take better pics if it was slower.

My big question for the gurus is this.....so since the pano mode uses multiple pics (21 i think for wide) does that mean I would be able to print a pano pretty large and still have good quality? I would love a big print of the bridge pic i took below hanging in the living room framed. I noticed the MB sizes were around 50 and 80mb when exported.

Yes, the pano would be over 200 megapixels & excellent quality. This mode is ideal for that purpose.
2017-11-27
Use props
ny300z
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2603478 ft
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2017-11-27 21:06
Yes, the pano would be over 200 megapixels & excellent quality. This mode is ideal for that purpose.

thats awesome, thanks! next time I will shoot in RAW too.
2017-11-28
Use props
jksphoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 114121 ft
Sweden

ny300z Posted at 2017-11-28 06:24
thats awesome, thanks! next time I will shoot in RAW too.

Just the answer I was looking for. If you can shoot the pano's in Raw, the edit could be amazing.
2017-11-28
Use props
LeeFluff
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6027 ft
New Zealand

Jason WAI Posted at 2017-11-27 04:52
[view_image]

The pic I got from the pano mode -sphere becomes a flat picture after it was downloaded to the device. Is there anyway to make it looks like a sphere ?

try putting it in a spherical viewer, such as a post in facebook - the 2:1 ration pictures like this should come out as equirectangular spherical-view ready shots
2017-12-11
Use props
LeeFluff
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6027 ft
New Zealand

CycleParadise Posted at 2017-11-27 12:14
Yeah, seems like DJI is missing a great opportunity. They control the hardware, they can control the software and updates. If it's a device that "just works" and is updated first, seems like it could/would drive a lot of people to purchase it.

using third party controllers just offers more control app options - I cant imagine being limited to DJI Go
2017-12-11
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10696686 ft
  • >>>
China

fansff5576df Posted at 2017-11-24 23:02
I coudnt get spherical image, always failed.
And also get terrible lack transmission.. Anyone experiencing this? I use android 6.0

I also got such video lack with my Epson BT300 thats in android 5.1 but I already use DJI GO 4.1.18
2017-12-11
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules