X3 filters on X4S Camera - Success!!!
780 0 2017-11-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
The Polymath
lvl.2
Flight distance : 644672 ft
United States

[size=14.6667px]Like many of us, I moved from the inspire 1 to the inspire 2. Never owning any of the P series I opted for both the X4s and X5S cameras depending on if i'm flying single vs. dual operator pulling focus, different focal lengths, etc.

[size=14.6667px]I am a product designer / aerospace engineer by trade (and I'm somewhat cheap... I say that after buying an i2...) so I spent a little time designing and 3D printing an ABS plastic adapter ring to fit the ~36mm⌀ X3 PolarPro filters to the ~34mm⌀ X4S thread. Below are some images and not only that, the STL file for you to print, find a friend to print, shapeways, etc... no commercial purposes, etc. do not manufacture and sell these... blah blah blah... I know I can't regulate that, but the entire community will suffer if these start being sold.

[size=14.6667px]I really like the PolarPro Filters on my X3 camera and they do a phenomenal job on the X4S also. There is no vignetting as the Filters' glass elements are larger than the FOV of the X4S lens. I am unsure if any other filters work with this, but they should.

[size=14.6667px]I am not responsible if you lose parts, damage your equipment, injure yourself or others, etc. Do not fly with this on your sUAS / Drone... ever. You take full responsibility of this file's use.
DJI X4S to X3 Filter Adapter - STL File

[size=14.6667px]Aloha,
[size=14.6667px]Brian

2017-11-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules