Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Mobile with iPhone 8 plus lens stabilization issues.
5144 3 2017-11-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

When I found out one of my colleagues just got a brand new iPhone 8 Plus I asked her if I could make some test shots with my DJI Osmo Mobile

The balancing was reasonable (I removed the case), although it was not 100% (it fell to the left with the Osmo Mobile turned off), but the gimbal managed.
No way you can attach anything to the port. I had to push the phone all the way to the right (and make the arm longer) so the arm was blocking the port.

First I tested with the native camera app.
That gave pretty decent results.

The zoom lens was actually also a nice feature. I can imagine you can make some nice shots with that when moving sideways etc.
No issues with shaky footage, so that was nice!

Next was the DJI Go app.
Because of my limited time (she could not miss her phone too long ) I was in a bit of a hurry and forgot to set the resolution to 1080, but you still see 'the' issue with the stabilized lens (at least, I feel that is the cause) in the walking shots.

Also, the DJI Go app did not have a way (at least not that I found) to switch to the zoom lens.

So I do hope (for those that have a stabilized iPhone) there will be a fix for this.
2017-11-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Montfrooij, appreciate your test and review of iPhone 8.
The footage with DJI Go looks a little shaky, we will feedback to our engineers for attention.
2017-11-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-24 23:26
Montfrooij, appreciate your test and review of iPhone 8.
The footage with DJI Go looks a little shaky, we will feedback to our engineers for attention.

I am sure you will figure it out.
If Apple can do it, so can you
2017-11-25
Use props
Sultan_N
New
India

Optical Stabilization must be turned off for the gimbal to work as expected. But even if its turned off, it can be noticed that even a small shake could move the lens (i.e. movement of the lens cannot be completely stopped).
2017-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules