weak or no live feed following update, RC flashing red/green
1359 9 2017-11-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KIMOU
New
Switzerland

Hello hello!

I've had my Phantom 4 for about a year and a half now and recently I was told I had to update to the latest software to be able to fly (it's worth to note that I was pushing back the software update for as long as I could as I had a lot of problems with it a year ago).

Anyhow, I did the latest software update on the DJI GO 4 app from my iphone 6s, and it seemed to have worked okay, until I went back home to Switzerland and finally was able to try the drone again. There I switched it on and everything seems to be working fine, except there is absolutely no image transmission, or sometimes a green screen pops up, and the top of the image shows but then quickly disappears. The aircraft flies fine and all the commands are fine. I also took photos and videos without any problems, the app says safe to fly, and there's no weak transmission signals to be seen. The only thing that seems odd besides the screen not able to display the image is the remote control light flashing really fast between green and red.

I've been at it for about 4-5 hours now, downloaded the dji assistant 2 app on my mac, but for some reason the aircraft doesn't show. Luckily I tried it on my dad's laptop and there it managed to connect and upgrade the aircraft once again. But it's still the same problem, very weak and unusable image transmission and the remote flashing red/green.

After all the reading and video watching I've done, my guess is the remote control needs firmware updating, but I'm no too sure how to do this without it coming up on the app and without being able to connect the RC to dji assistant 2?

My second guess is that my phone could be the issue? It's been a little stupid ever since the latest ios release, unfortunately haven't been able to try the image transmission on another device, will try that on my friend's tomorrow.

Does anyone has any idea how to resolve this mess? I'm on holidays back home in Switzerland til Tuesday and off to the Alps tomorrow to take photos and it's meant to snow tonight. Can't miss that

ps: sorry for the novel, I hope I gave enough important info
2017-11-24
Use props
fansf8c8c4df
New
Flight distance : 7 ft

New Zealand

i have same issue after update but with Phantom 3 pro
2017-11-24
Use props
fans5b404a1a
New
United States

I am having a similar issue and can not get DJI Assistant to update the firmware on my RC unit....  

How do I reset?  Everything else seems ok, just no video feed to the monitor  
2017-11-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

It seems that the RC has not been updated to the latest firmware successfully. You can refer the below to refresh the RC:  Turn off the RC, hold the C1, C2, Record button and toggle the ISO dial at the same time, then turn on the RC, and connect it with APP. You can check the status bar to update the firmware again.
2017-11-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans5b404a1a Posted at 2017-11-24 17:25
I am having a similar issue and can not get DJI Assistant to update the firmware on my RC unit....  

Pleas refer my reply in 4# and re-link RC after refreshing the firmware successfully.
2017-11-25
Use props
KIMOU
New
Switzerland

Hi Susan, that didn't work but I somehow found a way to fix it!

Drum rolls please (I did after all spend about 6 hours trying to fix this):

I connected my phone to my RC, switched the RC on but NOT the aircraft and opened the old DJI GO app (not the DJI go 4, the one for the P3). The DJI Go app will think your remote is attached to a Phantom 3 something for some reason, and click enter device. There, press on overall status and Tadaaaah: firmware update available for the RC. I downloaded it, rebooted the RC, connected again, switched on my drone and went to DJI go 4, and drumrolls, the image transmitted fine again!!

Never been so happy and proud of my internet investigation ever. Hope this helps some of you

2017-11-25
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Good job, if ya can't beat it, OUTSMART it!  Maybe you've discovered what a lot of folks need to do.
2017-11-25
Use props
skyguy17
lvl.3
Flight distance : 190745 ft
United Kingdom

fans5b404a1a Posted at 2017-11-24 17:25

Here is how I solved this issue:-

1) Install DJI GO 3 app from Apps store, launch app (at this time P4 is off until I say)
2) Select P3 Pro as aircraft (SE and Standard are wifi, not sure if this would make a difference), using the 3 dashes at the top right of the app press and hold for 10s or so. A new screen appears showing suggested current firmware of RC. Scroll down to firmware 1.6.0 select "Firmware Refresh". Wait for it to install then close the app and shut off RC.
3) Reboot RC, after a few minutes on shut off RC (not sure if this is really required, but it seemed right)
4) Open up DJI GO 3, Select P3 Pro and press camera (have the lightning cable connected to RC and iPad/iPhone).  I had over 50% charge on my RC (btw)
5) Once in main screen with telemetry info wait a few minutes and press the Left upper area just next to the DJI logo saying "No xxxxxx connected " in red, this will take you to the Aircraft setup screen.
6) There you will see a warning message triangle, press this area and it suggests upgrading the firmware as you have 1.6.0 installed and the latest is 1.9.3
7) This started the firmware download and then with lots of beeps and blue flashing light the upgrade was a success !!!!!
8) On completion it will tell you to reboot the RC.  At the same time I closed off the DJ GO 3 app.
9) Reboot the RC again. Mine complained at low battery so I did a second reboot and 3 white LED battery level lights came up as well as the RED LED indicating no aircraft bound.
10) Turned on P4 and launched DJI GO 4 app and BANG.... full signals on RC and Video feeds and NO flashing red/green led any more just solid green.  So fingers crossed for her maiden flight tomorrow ( double fingers crossed)

I hope this helps others; note the DJI GO 4 apps does the same if you hold the 3 dashed lines for 10s or more.  I did not try this route to roll back the firmware on the RC.
2017-11-25
Use props
fansaf71fbe9
New
United States

KIMOU Posted at 2017-11-25 08:57

Thanks for the research.  It worked on my Phantom 4.  I was having the same problem exactly.

Gary
2017-11-25
Use props
useree5274609d
lvl.1
Canada

KIMOU Posted at 2017-11-25 08:57

Thank heavens I found this post, the instructions that refer to using the old app worked perfectly!  Thank you!!!
2017-11-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules