Rainobow pano and stereo photo
1214 13 2017-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MikB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13346 ft
France

I am enjoying experimenting with 360 interactive pano's. I took the following pano at a friends house and was surprised to see that I had captured a rainbow during the shoot.

just another pano

I like to look at these through Google Cardboard type goggles. I think the effect of looking down and around is amazing. Yesterday, whilst reflecting on this when waiting for the pano to auto complete, I wondered if it was possible to take stereo photos and view them the same way. Before leaving, I ran a flight along the front of the house, maintaining height and direction but travelling sideways with the camera set to take photos automatically every 2 seconds. From the bunch taken I selected two photos that looked about right and knocked them about a bit in Photoshop. This is the result of my very first attempt at making a stereo photo. Not perfect but with more testing I think it might be a useful tool.

chez Bernard

chez Bernard

2017-11-25
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

The pano is fantastic! Thank you very much for that. And the stereo pictures are an interesting idea too.
2017-11-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I love these huge pano's
2017-11-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Love these 360’s
2017-11-25
Use props
Todd in Chicago
lvl.4
Flight distance : 513757 ft
United States

Nice....and I LOVE all that wide open space....I'm from Chicago and if I saw all that wide open space when I had my Spark with me I would probably lose my breath!  ;-)

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago
2017-11-25
Use props
MikB
lvl.4
France

It is not just the open spaces but more importantly the lack of wind in this region that makes it so attractive. An American called Wright came to Pont Long near here in 1909 to train aviators to fly his new machine for that very reason.

However we do have some built up areas. This is my local town.

However the stereo photography is now interesting me. Is anyone else doing this?
2017-11-26
Use props
fans493b5083
New
South Africa

The 3D goggles effect is supported on iPhone. Not sure why not in android.
2017-11-27
Use props
Drone-Mike
lvl.4

United Kingdom

That's so cool!
2017-11-27
Use props
jksphoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 114121 ft
Sweden

Good job. Kuula is a great app
2017-11-27
Use props
MikB
lvl.4
France

fans493b5083 Posted at 2017-11-27 08:33
The 3D goggles effect is supported on iPhone. Not sure why not in android.

I use Android (Moto G5) and the goggles effect works for me.

These are my high tech googles costing 2€ from local toystore.

goggles.jpg
2017-11-28
Use props
MikB
lvl.4
France

I have discovered that you do not need any special equipment. If you look at the center of this photo and let your eyes relax. You will eventually become aware of a third frame. By concentrating on the middle frame you will be able to see a 3D picture of the house. It's a bit like watching those magic pictures (stereograms) that used to be popular at one time.

2017-12-5
Use props
Viking-Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2379249 ft
Spain

Amazing sight, They are so awesome these kind of pictures, is there any free software to stitch the 360 pictures from the spark to achieve this effect?
2017-12-5
Use props
MikB
lvl.4
France

Do you mean being able to see a full 360 pano in 3D ? If so I doubt it. I can't see how it would work but nevertheless I have contacted the support at Kuula to ask that very question. Will keep you posted. I do not see the attraction of the tiny planet solution but it might be interested to see if it works on them.
2017-12-5
Use props
MikB
lvl.4
France

Well it sorted of worked! I stitched in ICE and made the tiny planets, taken about 1 metre apart, (my first ever) in Photoshop. The buildings in the centre are in 3D but it was not a very good choice of location for a tiny planet. Need to experiment with separation of planets and better location. Having said that,I do not really see the attraction of tiny planets. Anyway here is the result.

2017-12-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules