which tablet recommanded for P3
3614 10 2015-4-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
seffyshalem
lvl.1

Cyprus

Hello,

which tablet recommended for P3, considering iPad min 3.
should it be with Cellular or only Wi-Fi is good enough?

thx
2015-4-12
Use props
aelwyn
lvl.1
Flight distance : 74409 ft
United States

iPad Mini would be a good choice, but so would anything else around that size. There are also many Android options, some at a lower price point. You don't need one with cellular service. WiFi-only is sufficient.

Also, they're still selling the iPad Mini 2, which does have the Retina Display. If you're interested in saving a bit of money, go for that one over the iPad Mini 3. Literally the only difference is the Touch ID sensor. Otherwise, they have exactly the same specs. And the Touch ID thing, while handy on the phone, is definitely not a big deal on a tablet.
2015-4-13
Use props
seffyshalem
lvl.1

Cyprus

aelwyn Posted at 2015-4-13 22:08
iPad Mini would be a good choice, but so would anything else around that size. There are also many A ...

many thx man
2015-4-13
Use props
paul
lvl.2

United States

I got a Nexus 7 (2013 version) which I think is the "android answer to the iPad mini".  The display is very sharp... better even than the iPad mini.  It also has the advantage of being quite bright for outdoor viewing.  It's also "pure android"... No bloatware added.

It's discontinued, but you can still buy a new one from Amazon.  I got the one that's wifi only, and with minimal storage because I only wanted it for my drones.

I seem to recall there's a P3 feature which exists for iOS but not Android?  I don't remember what it was.  Can someone clarify?
2015-4-13
Use props
Jerdel
lvl.2

United States

samsung galaxy tab 8.4 pro. Love mine
2015-4-13
Use props
whitard
lvl.1

United States

I have an iPad Mini with retina display, wifi version. Will this work with the P3 "follow me" function? I think this question revolves on whether or not there is a built in GPS receiver in the iPad. I am not sure that there is.

Thank you.
2015-4-14
Use props
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

whitard@gmail.c Posted at 2015-4-14 20:36
I have an iPad Mini with retina display, wifi version. Will this work with the P3 "follow me" functi ...

iPad Mini Retina with wifi will not have built in GPS. Only the cellular versions have GPS built in.
2015-4-16
Use props
masrielias
New

Mexico

hello
if i use my iphone 6 plus.. with 4g it will work???

thanks
2015-4-16
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

Samsung galaxy tab 3 8 inch. Dont get anything under an 8 inch unless you want to go blind squinting.
2015-4-16
Use props
xguy4ku
lvl.1

United States

Would you need cellular service to have built in GPS? useful if the follow me app came about
2015-4-16
Use props
neil
lvl.1

United States

I have read at least 2 posts that recommend a tablet that is Wi-Fi only. The tablet that I would like to use is the Matricom Quad Core Android 10.1inch Iota tablet (159.00) Wi-Fi only, however, there is no GPS and to obtain GPS, I am informed that a USB-GPS dongle is necessary. The display on the Iota will support 4K video . Downloading googmaps ahead of time with a Wi-Fi connection to the net and trying to store them for later use when there is no Wi-Fi net connection is a challenge. Has anyone a specific preference of GPS dongle to recommend? Thanks in advance.
2015-4-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules