Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Photographers: useful updates for Phantom 4 Pro
1370 18 2017-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RuSchristian
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7310331 ft
  • >>>
Germany

After using the P4P for almost 12 months now and having delivered hundreds of images of great quality to my happy clients, i have a couple of things on my wishlist that would improve photography with the P4P. I would love to hear from other photographers about this as well.  

1 ability to create NEW FOLDERS
1.1 or (option to) automatically create new folder for every take-off

2 remember last used CAMERA SETTINGS (even AEB) or 1-touch presets access

3 AEB finetuning
3.1 new order (from 0/-1/+1 to -1/0/+1 for easier image selection in the post production process)
3.2 adjust AEB spread

4 FOCUS
4.1 remember focus or use last aquired focus when switching from auto to manual focus. (similar to a back-button-focus on DSLRs which also use AF for the first image)
4.2 manual focus: distance guide for easier manual focus (its always a guess to focus manually even with zoom-in-help because theres no distance reading).

5 PANO (which seems to be in the working?)
5.1 fully compatible with RAW and AEB
5.2 selectable in images, row, degrees

What else is missing? I might add after im done sorting through 200 HDRs from last week

2017-11-25
Use props
sjltm
New
Israel

SAMI JABALY
2017-11-25
Use props
stefgo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5081736 ft
France

Yes, I'm Ok too. It would be nice to choose stop in AEB (from 1 to 3 stop +- )
2017-11-25
Use props
wataero
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1719619 ft
United States

Agree with #2, settings should be saved until changed even after changing battery or restarting GO app.
I would add updating metadata to show color profile and settings for each shot.  Also enable filling out metadata fields such as copyright info when photo or video is taken.
Also, expand metadata for video, including color profile and style settings, as well as copyright info.
2017-11-25
Use props
BagoDJIoperator
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
United States

I agree with your post
2017-11-25
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

All in with you dude but I am not holding my breath...
2017-11-25
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

As DJI promote P4P as being a professional photo platform that can fly i think that most effort beside of flying smooth and hovering steady should be on the photo abilities.
More features from a pro DSLR should naturally have been implemented even before release and of course where lacking today should be improved asap.

My priorities, better AEB control and focus lock for recompose after focus.

6. Picture counter should never be able to reset unless user for some reason choose to, even then with a confirm question.
2017-11-25
Use props
E.T._Drone_Home
lvl.3
Flight distance : 99117 ft
United States

Been asking for adjustable AEB bracketing range for awhile and the request has been forwarded to engineering so it may be in the works too. Yay!
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=111316&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D386%26typeid%3D386
2017-11-26
Use props
stefgo
lvl.4
France

Add one C1 and C2 button a shortcut to switch between normal and tripod mode.
It would be great for shooting photos !
2017-11-28
Use props
COberschneider
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4397306 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Great post with lots of good ideas! I posted one of my wishes a while ago, here it is again:
Increase the intervall between each single exposure in burst mode, so that e.g. 14 frames are recorded in an intervall of 2 - 3 seconds (not all in 1/2 sec ike it's currently done, that's useless!), that would make it much easier to capture action shots. Please also allow the user to choose from a variety of options, like 14 frames in 1, 2 or 3 seconds or similar.
2017-11-29
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

COberschneider Posted at 2017-11-29 03:14
Great post with lots of good ideas! I posted one of my wishes a while ago, here it is again:
Increase the intervall between each single exposure in burst mode, so that e.g. 14 frames are recorded in an intervall of 2 - 3 seconds (not all in 1/2 sec ike it's currently done, that's useless!), that would make it much easier to capture action shots. Please also allow the user to choose from a variety of options, like 14 frames in 1, 2 or 3 seconds or similar.

Burst mode, really should be burst mode and take pictures as fast as possible.
It sounds like you should be looking at timelapse instead. With that said, yes more control of the features to the users.
2017-11-29
Use props
RuSchristian
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

stefgo Posted at 2017-11-28 12:43

Great Idea!
2017-11-29
Use props
stalker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13632 ft
Netherlands

stefgo Posted at 2017-11-28 12:43

+1, Very useful!
2017-11-29
Use props
RuSchristian
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

Ok, so we found a #6:

1.1 or (option to) automatically create new folder for every take-off

2 remember last used CAMERA SETTINGS (even AEB) or 1-touch presets access

3 AEB finetuning
3.1 new order (from 0/-1/+1 to -1/0/+1 for easier image selection in the post production process)
3.2 adjust AEB spread
NEW: 3.3 add possibility of more images (e.g. 3  / 5 / 7 / 9)

4 FOCUS
4.1 remember focus or use last aquired focus when switching from auto to manual focus. (similar to a back-button-focus on DSLRs which also use AF for the first image)
4.2 manual focus: distance guide for easier manual focus (its always a guess to focus manually even with zoom-in-help because theres no distance reading).

5 PANO (which seems to be in the working?)
5.1 fully compatible with RAW and AEB
5.2 selectable in images, row, degrees

NEW: 6 C1 / C2 more shortcut options
6.1 switch from normal to tripod (or: designated flight) mode and back
2017-11-30
Use props
stefgo
lvl.4
France

RuSchristian Posted at 2017-11-30 02:28
Ok, so we found a #6:

Please add another very important one !
When the SD card is full, add a warning on the screen each time we want to shoot ! Or an option to block shooting if SD card is full or absent.

My SD was full but I didn't ear the voice say "sd card is full". I was able to take photos as usual !
The clic button was normal and when I clic I saw the recording wheel rotating.
BUT nothing recorded on the SD !!

SO PLESASE ask to add a visual warning or an option to prevent shooting when SD card is full

Thanks

2017-11-30
Use props
stefgo
lvl.4
France

RuSchristian Posted at 2017-11-30 02:28
Ok, so we found a #6:

In the focus section:

When you are in AF assistant view "zoom mode" add the possibility to move the focusing box
by clicking on another part of the screen.
Actually it is impossible, you need to go back on the wide view, click for the focusing spot and zoom again. Not very practical.
2017-11-30
Use props
stefgo
lvl.4
France

stefgo Posted at 2017-11-30 05:35
Please add another very important one !
When the SD card is full, add a warning on the screen each time we want to shoot ! Or an option to block shooting if SD card is full or absent.

Just for info, with the crystalsky monitor, you can shoot pictures without SD card  in the phantom 4 pro.
Files saved in the display memory aren't original RAW files but very  small jpeg thumbnail preview...
Be careful if the SD card in the P4P is full you can take photos anyway but only thumbnails are saved in the crystal sky memory. Your RAWs are lost !

If it is possible it would be great to save RAW files, both in the drone SD card and in the crystalsky internal memory as well.
If someone knows if it si possible please explain how to do it.
2017-11-30
Use props
COberschneider
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4397306 ft
  • >>>
Austria

KedDK Posted at 2017-11-29 05:03
Burst mode, really should be burst mode and take pictures as fast as possible.
It sounds like you should be looking at timelapse instead. With that said, yes more control of the features to the users.

What's the point of taking 14 photos in 1/5 second?
GoPro does it the right way, they let the user choose: e.g. 30 shots / 1 sec or 30 shots / 3 secs (= 10 / sec). As a sports photographer, the burst mode on the P4Pro in combination with the input delay is absolutely useless for me.
2017-12-6
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

COberschneider Posted at 2017-12-6 02:47
What's the point of taking 14 photos in 1/5 second?
GoPro does it the right way, they let the user choose: e.g. 30 shots / 1 sec or 30 shots / 3 secs (= 10 / sec). As a sports photographer, the burst mode on the P4Pro in combination with the input delay is absolutely useless for me.

The point in the burst mode is to take as many pictures as fast as possible. Often used at action shooting in order to be sure you get just the right picture, eg. right/wrong face, right/wrong position or you get a series of pictures where you can see pic for pic what did actually happen.
A movie clip sometimes can be used but stills of a movie often are blurry and unusable, therefore Burst, the name even indicate it.
2017-12-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules