Motors
747 7 2017-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Austin Hydroax
New

United States

I flew a phantom 2 into a tree. Nothing broke but now when I try to take off it flips over. I guess I may have bent a motor axle? Does one just swap the motor or are the axles available? I have some spare motors that didn't spin fast enough when I got the drone so I swapped them out. I am trying to figure out how to keep this in the air and out of the trees.
2017-11-25
Use props
Kuya Kano
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797913 ft
United States

If you have small and steady fingers then it can be done.  Its a long process just to get everything taken apart and get to it.  DJI was the way I went.  I had my P4P back within 3 weeks.
2017-11-25
Use props
Austin Hydroax
New

United States

Kuya Kano Posted at 2017-11-25 11:13
If you have small and steady fingers then it can be done.  Its a long process just to get everything taken apart and get to it.  DJI was the way I went.  I had my P4P back within 3 weeks.

I don't know what your talking about, I have replaced two motors and have opened this drone up 10 times. It requires neither small fingers nor steady fingers. Its silly to wait 3 weeks for them to do anything. You should take the top off yours just to have a look. You wont break anything.

search Kingsdun 12 in 1 Torx Screwdriver  on amazon its the perfect little kit.

there is 3 torx and one Phillips per leg so that means you have 16 screws to pull out and lift the top off. 4 more per motor. Nothing to it.
2017-11-25
Use props
Austin Hydroax
New

United States

I just broke out the tools and was going to take it apart again to swap the shaft and I noticed a fine fine crack in the prop!. Woo hoo! Swapped the prop out and its working fine again. Nice to get lucky!
2017-11-25
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

" I am trying to figure out how to keep this in the air and out of the trees"

CHAINSAW works for me!
2017-11-25
Use props
Kuya Kano
Second Officer
United States

Austin Hydroax Posted at 2017-11-25 13:53
I don't know what your talking about, I have replaced two motors and have opened this drone up 10 times. It requires neither small fingers nor steady fingers. Its silly to wait 3 weeks for them to do anything. You should take the top off yours just to have a look. You wont break anything.

search Kingsdun 12 in 1 Torx Screwdriver  on amazon its the perfect little kit.

Well you sure put me in my place.

O.k.  Good luck with the repair then.
2017-11-25
Use props
Austin Hydroax
New

United States

Kuya Kano Posted at 2017-11-25 16:34
Well you sure put me in my place.

O.k.  Good luck with the repair then.

I did not intend to offend but encourage everyone to work on these guys. They are just little plastic overpriced toys. You paid for the technology not the parts. They are really easy to take apart, and the motors just solder in. I bought two off ebay for 25 bucks. Now if I could just turn off that friggen tree magnet I would be ok.

I seem to do just fine in wide open areas but when I get close to trees it gets ugly quick!

I am kind of surprised that I have wrecked like 5 times now and it still is working. Dirty but working. I keep this up and I will need a new body and some more motors.
2017-11-26
Use props
Kuya Kano
Second Officer
United States

ROFL, I was just being sarcastic.  Yes, I readily admit that when it comes to deciding to either fix something or break it even worse by trying, I often choose to fork out money for the repair and not take the chance.  And I say that because I did watch the video on how to replace the shell, and the tight spaces combined with yes, FAT fingers... I'm better working with bigger parts.

I've been lucky in my misjudgments with my P4P.  I've flown it out of two trees and out of the jaws of one determined dog.  I think I'll be more careful in the future... I hope.
2017-11-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules