cannot update phantom 4
2258 7 2017-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
anok4u2
lvl.1
Belgium

Hi, i cannot update my "phantom 4"."DJi assistant 2" says: cannot load firmware list.
I have the latest RC update.
Because of this RC update, the phantom doesn't connect to the RC....so it doesn't work anymore.
Relinking doesn't work either or isn't the issue.
Phantom is in great condition.
There seems to be other users with similar problems with the latest updates.
How to solve this?
grtz

2017-11-25
Use props
fanscd441cd9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2110 ft
United Kingdom

Use the DJI app to update
2017-11-25
Use props
anok4u2
lvl.1
Belgium

I did, an hour ago.....
Because the app said update with the included usb-cable-adapter.
How can i plugin a usb-cable in my smartphone, while the other end (mini-usb) must be plugged in the phantom itself ????
Did some search in the house for some cable-adapters....found one.
Glad...do not have to buy extra gear to update a 1500€ drone).
Finally i can update the drone.
Everything went fine till 100%, but still i'm seemed to be in the 'update progress'
Suddenly the message appears: " the usb-connection dropped out....please plug reconnect your usb".
What to do...Wait or reconnect....nothing happens...i replug the cable....nothing happens.
Or could it be....the update was in fact complete?
I end the DJIGo4 app/update.
I start the RC with DJgo4 and drone.....nothing, no connection.
I connect the drone to my laptop with dji assistant 2.
"cannot load firmware list".
I restore the drone to "factory defaults" (the only option in assistant2 though).
I connect again the app to RC and drone.
App says 'you have the lastest firmware"....seems ready to fly ????
I'm not...i'm not going to fly now ...it's already midnight, i check it tomorrow.
What a mess...
2017-11-25
Use props
Vendex
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Update your remote controller to make the link
2017-11-25
Use props
MrPinaColada
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790082 ft
United States

Take out your SD card and format it in your computer. Then update your RC by connecting it to DJI Assistant 2. See if everything works. By the way, what status lights do you get on the phantom?
2017-11-25
Use props
anok4u2
lvl.1
Belgium

Everything works now fine....
Except one thing ....connecting the drone to DJI asistant 2, doesn't show the firmware.
2017-11-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

anok4u2 Posted at 2017-11-26 07:11
Everything works now fine....
Except one thing ....connecting the drone to DJI asistant 2, doesn't show the firmware.

Thanks for keeping us updated. Glad to know it works now. As for the connecting with DJI Assistant 2, you can re-plug or change to another working cable to see whether it helps.
2017-11-27
Use props
Able2
New

Australia

I have spent hours trying to update the system on my Phantom 4 Pro advanced with inbuilt screen. DJI Go 4 doesn't connect to either the bird or the controller on my IPhone or IPad, same with DJI Assistant 2 on both Mac & Windows 10. On Mac it doesn't even install. It goes through the install process, then launches a third party android connection app and after the installations there is nothing anywhere in applications. Please don't say 'Use another cord' as I have confirmed the cords I have used are OK. I consider myself tech savvy. What sort of technology company is DJI when they can't get this most basic function right. Bring on a drone competitor who understands support, customer service and accountability.
2020-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules