16:9 photo mode causing issues
1831 5 2017-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Privateer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 117493 ft
United States

Hi, I've been trying to understand what has been causing some issues when trying to operate my drone to take photo's. The issue is everytime I try and take a picture I lose the image feed and then when it does come back the camera is facing toward the front of the left landing gear strut, and the DJI GO 4 app switches from picture to video or a different format. This has been completely frustrating for me. When it first happened I was on a job site and noticed some problems, however it worked for the few pics I needed, then yesterday I could not use the aircraft for the mission, since I did not have time to trouble shoot the issue on site. I now know that just changing the picture format from 16:9 to either 4:3 or 3:4 would have allowed me to continue, just causing more work in post for the customer.
Latest Firmware on everything
I filmed a video of the issue which will hopefully do a better job than me trying to explain it.
I have no issues in the other picture formats
In 16:9 mode when a picture is taken the picture will usually take, then the image transmission will be lost and the gimbal will tilt down and left. After a few seconds the image is restored and then the gimbal slowly comes back to center. I have tried using JPEG, RAW and JPEG+RAW no change, different memory cards, refreshing the aircraft software in DJI Assistant 2. It seems as if the "image" part of the drone needs to reboot each time??

Thoughts please?

If this is a known issue I apologize, I couldn't seem to use the correct search terms.

2017-11-25
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

If there is no problem using other aspect ratios, (even if there isn't) why would you want to shoot in 16:9 anyway?

You do know that 16:9 is just a cropped version of the 3:2 image (just like 4:3 is as well)?

I can't imagine a good reason for using anything but 3:2 ever.
You can crop whatever you like from the 3:2 image but why cut your options before you even start?

3:2 Aspect Ratio: 5472 × 3648
4:3 Aspect Ratio: 4864 × 3648
16:9 Aspect Ratio: 5472 × 3078
2017-11-25
Use props
Privateer
lvl.2
United States

Yes I totally understand that. Just what the client wanted right then and I immediately had this issue. So now I’m wondering if this is an issue with only my aircraft or is it a thing with others.
Thanks
2017-11-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Have you tried to reset the camera settings? Any difference?
2017-11-27
Use props
Privateer
lvl.2
United States

I did do the "reset camera setting" option from the DJI Go 4 App while trying to see if anything would make a difference. No change
2017-11-27
Use props
Privateer
lvl.2
United States

So after another camera reset, then refreshing the P4P software and another camera reset it now seems to be working okay. I guess you just have to keep trying to "restore" the software
Also for info the client was wanting 16:9 to use them to stitch together for a mapping program I guess. Always nice when you don't get a lot of info from clients....
2017-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules