Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI GO 4 app problems on Android
4186 30 2017-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gamekyuubi
New
United States

I just got my Mavic Pro and am having serious issues with the GO 4 app.  GO 4 App is the most recent version, connected with USB-C cable to my Nexus 6P.  The problem is with the video feed.  The video feed is extremely laggy when it works but most of the time it's just a distorted mess, making it completely unusable.  This is totally unacceptable.  WiFi mode is marginally better for the video feed, but flying with a touch-screen is very imprecise, laggy, and otherwise sub-optimal.  I'm not the only one with this problem, check the Android app reviews, your app score is getting *wrecked* after the last update, as if it wasn't low enough before.  People have crashed and caused lots of damage because of these problems.  Please fix this quickly!
2017-11-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Could you please provide me with a screenshot of the transmission interface if possible? Also, please help to name the version of the app and your mobile device, will forward to our engineer and help to locate the issue. Thanks in advance.
2017-11-25
Use props
Gamekyuubi
New
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-25 18:54
Could you please provide me with a screenshot of the transmission interface if possible? Also, please help to name the version of the app and your mobile device, will forward to our engineer and help to locate the issue. Thanks in advance.

Thank you for the quick response.

2017-11-26
Use props
Gamekyuubi
New
United States

As you can see, the video image becomes increasingly distorted until it's completely unusable.  The time from takeoff until the last image is about 3 to 5 minutes.
Seems that this forum is very buggy as well.  I cannot hotlink images.  Here is the album link: https://imgur.com/a/IMNXT

2017-11-26
Use props
Gamekyuubi
New
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-25 18:54

This is with GO v4.1.18 and latest firmware.  I don't know how to check firmware version but the app says it's latest and it was updated Nov 25th.
2017-11-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Hi there, the transmission issue should be resolved now, please kindly refresh the app and try again. Thank you for your cooperation.
2017-11-30
Use props
Harvard
New
Flight distance : 4806 ft
New Zealand

I had issues with the version 4.1.3 of the DJI Go App. removed, uninstalled, versions , tried the previous APK, tried resetting the tablet to factory start and reload the App. Nothing would give me visuals on the App. The mavic was responding to gimble control and taking video and photo, just not being displayed on the App.
2018-1-30
Use props
Harvard
New
Flight distance : 4806 ft
New Zealand

ite the bullet pay for Litchi. its a better app. I'm really not sure why DJI haven't incorporated the features of their own product that can be done using Litchi.
2018-1-30
Use props
Vixen5
lvl.1

I have just bought my drone...I can't get ANY picture on my Samsung tablet
2018-4-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Vixen5 Posted at 2018-4-3 01:36
I have just bought my drone...I can't get ANY picture on my Samsung tablet

Your drone is Mavic Pro right? Is there any error message in the DJI Go 4 APP?
2018-4-3
Use props
TheOtherVixen
lvl.1

DJI Mindy...yes Mavic Pro. I can get a pic on my iPhone so I am thinking maybe my tablet is not recent enough and the software not good enough even tho it updates everything automatically. It's running KitKat which I think is now considered to be a bit outdated.
2018-4-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

TheOtherVixen Posted at 2018-4-4 23:36
DJI Mindy...yes Mavic Pro. I can get a pic on my iPhone so I am thinking maybe my tablet is not recent enough and the software not good enough even tho it updates everything automatically. It's running KitKat which I think is now considered to be a bit outdated.

It could be, we recommend to use the mobile device with strong performance, if the Mavic Pro works fine with iPhone, then the drone doesn't have any problem, please make troubleshooting between the mobile device and the cable.
2018-4-5
Use props
TheOtherVixen
lvl.1

Just a question DJI Mindy....does the mobile device need internet connection for best results? I am thinking of buying a smart phone just for the drone. The tablet, while having a nice big screen for my older eyes, is really a bit big and i have no idea how to troubleshoot the problem
2018-4-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

TheOtherVixen Posted at 2018-4-5 23:31
Just a question DJI Mindy....does the mobile device need internet connection for best results? I am thinking of buying a smart phone just for the drone. The tablet, while having a nice big screen for my older eyes, is really a bit big and i have no idea how to troubleshoot the problem

There is no need to connect the internet during the flight. If you do not need the feature of Follow Me and reset the Home Point, then I believe a tablet will be a better choice.
2018-4-6
Use props
TheOtherVixen
lvl.1

Thanks DJI Susan. I did discover that I don't need internet connection for it all to work. As yet I don't know if I need those features you mention. I'll work that one out i guess.
2018-4-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

TheOtherVixen Posted at 2018-4-9 03:58
Thanks DJI Susan. I did discover that I don't need internet connection for it all to work. As yet I don't know if I need those features you mention. I'll work that one out i guess.

OK, hope you have a great time on flying the drone, if there is any further issue, please contact us any time.
2018-4-9
Use props
Cap.Boot
lvl.1
Flight distance : 156880 ft
Brazil

Android App DOES NOT WORK
I have been experiencing distortion in the video feed since the beginning of the year.
I have already changed USB cables, I used Galaxy S5, Epson Moverio BT-300, Galaxy J7 Prime, Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 and in all of them the image is distorted and lagged.
I tried downgrade to firmware 1.04.10, not resolved. I went back to the current firmware and continue with the problem.
I started to mistrust Ocusync technology, so I used 4l, 2.7k, 1080p and 720p recordings, but the problem did not go away.
Finally I tried my father's iPhone 6 and the streaming of the image flowed as it should, or as it was in the time of my P3 with the old DJi Go app.
It is very annoying to be forced to buy an iPhone to enjoy my Mavic, simply because DJi announces how compatible with Android, but does not care if it is true.
The forums are full of users complaining about the same thing.
2018-6-23
Use props
Cap.Boot
lvl.1
Brazil

Cap.Boot Posted at 2018-6-23 11:23
Android App DOES NOT WORK
I have been experiencing distortion in the video feed since the beginning of the year.
I have already changed USB cables, I used Galaxy S5, Epson Moverio BT-300, Galaxy J7 Prime, Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 and in all of them the image is distorted and lagged.

The most honest thing would be to report on the packaging "Apple iOs Only".
2018-6-23
Use props
Cap.Boot
lvl.1
Brazil

Cap.Boot Posted at 2018-6-23 11:35
The most honest thing would be to report on the packaging "Apple iOs Only".

I discovered that exactly what is written on the packaging! Wow!

2018-7-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Cap.Boot Posted at 2018-7-4 13:16
I discovered that exactly what is written on the packaging! Wow!

[view_image]

Cap.Boot, sorry for the troubles with image transmission, DJI Go 4 APP is definitely available with Android mobile device, please try to use the mobile phone in our compatible list and make sure the APP has been up to date. GTScreenshot_20180705_170136.png
May I know where did you see this? The packaging of Mavic Pro?
2018-7-5
Use props
Kingp
New
Flight distance : 4892 ft

To all the people using android... I got information that Apple has gone into partnership with DGI and android users will no longer be supported with DJI products. This is not fair to all the people out here that has paid over $1000.00 for these drones. I hate apple products and will not be buying anymore DJI products!
2018-7-6
Use props
victor101
lvl.2
Flight distance : 136578 ft
Canada

Just got a new  Mavic 2 pro and experience these bugs so far with the DJI go4 app. I am using android phone (though not sure that has anything to do with it).
So far I experience two issues in the app for camera settings:

1-Histogram graph does not appear!
2-"Gimbal lock while shooting" setting does not get saved (or de-activated?)
  edit; actually all changes to camera settings do not get saved

2018-9-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

victor101 Posted at 2018-9-12 08:15
Just got a new  Mavic 2 pro and experience these bugs so far with the DJI go4 app. I am using android phone (though not sure that has anything to do with it).
So far I experience two issues in the app for camera settings:

Hi victor101, sorry for the troubles with Mavic 2 and DJI Go 4, may I verify if you are running the latest APP and firmware? Can the Histogram graph be selected?
2018-9-13
Use props
victor101
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-9-13 01:17
Hi victor101, sorry for the troubles with Mavic 2 and DJI Go 4, may I verify if you are running the latest APP and firmware? Can the Histogram graph be selected?

yes latest fw and app.
Maybe related to my note3?
2018-9-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

victor101 Posted at 2018-9-21 07:33
yes latest fw and app.
Maybe related to my note3?

Hello Victor, just to verify, the current aircraft firmware is v01.00.00.00 and the APP version is V4.3.2, right? Not sure if it is an individual issue, you may try to reinstall the APP or change to another recommended mobile device to verify.
2018-9-21
Use props
victor101
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-9-21 23:18
Hello Victor, just to verify, the current aircraft firmware is v01.00.00.00 and the APP version is V4.3.2, right? Not sure if it is an individual issue, you may try to reinstall the APP or change to another recommended mobile device to verify.

yes for the firmware but not for the app. The latest fw for the dji go4 app in the android playstore is 4.3.0
2018-9-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

victor101 Posted at 2018-9-26 13:05
yes for the firmware but not for the app. The latest fw for the dji go4 app in the android playstore is 4.3.0

Received with thanks! The V4.3.2 has been released in a staged rollout, you may have a try when you receive it. Also, as mentioned above, you may also change to another recommended mobile device to verify, this will help us to check the exact status, thanks!
2018-9-26
Use props
victor101
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-9-26 20:20
Received with thanks! The V4.3.2 has been released in a staged rollout, you may have a try when you receive it. Also, as mentioned above, you may also change to another recommended mobile device to verify, this will help us to check the exact status, thanks!

ok thanks.
By the way do you know when the other features that they had with the mavic 1 like waypoints, or fixed-wing mode, etc will be available for the mavic 2 please?
2018-10-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

victor101 Posted at 2018-10-3 14:59
ok thanks.
By the way do you know when the other features that they had with the mavic 1 like waypoints, or fixed-wing mode, etc will be available for the mavic 2 please?

Hi Vitor, Mavic 2 Pro supports Hyperlapse, QuickShots, ActiveTrack, Tripod mode, Tapfly, POI, Waypoint, at this moment, Waypoint has not released but it will be supported soon. The fixed-wing mode is not available in Mavic 2 series. Thank you for your attention.
2018-10-3
Use props
victor101
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-10-3 18:49
Hi Vitor, Mavic 2 Pro supports Hyperlapse, QuickShots, ActiveTrack, Tripod mode, Tapfly, POI, Waypoint, at this moment, Waypoint has not released but it will be supported soon. The fixed-wing mode is not available in Mavic 2 series. Thank you for your attention.

Are yo saying Fixed -wing mode will NEVER be supported on MAVIC 2 ??
2018-10-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

victor101 Posted at 2018-10-4 08:35
Are yo saying Fixed -wing mode will NEVER be supported on MAVIC 2 ??

Victor, we have no news about Mavic 2 series supporting Fixed-wing mode, and whether it will be in the future, we don't have relative news about it, we also hope there will be more flight modes available in the future, thank you for your attention.
2018-10-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules