Software bugs with preferences and file saving.
515 3 2017-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stacebaal
lvl.4
Flight distance : 621257 ft
United States

I started having some software issues running [what should be] the latest releases.  

1. Several app preferences are not getting saved and reset at each app launch. Specifically troublesome are: the C1 and C2 remote buttons always reset to 'none', the photo type preference no loner persists- if I select HDR or AEB it always defaults back to Single Shot.

2. All the MP4 files started saving with a file/create timestamp of Jan 1, 2014. JPG and DNG files are timestamped correctly.  This makes managing media files troublesome. I have tried formatting and different memory cards.  

3. Video recording start/stop is inconstant and sometimes the app reports it is recordng when the Phantom 4 is not. When this happens I end up with the cached video in the DJI Go app but no file on the SD card in the Phantom.  Worse yet somtes this persists and the Phantom and the App remain out of sync - Example press button to start recording, the app shows it is recording the phanton is not saving a file; push button to stop recording, the app shows it is stoped and the phantom starts saving a file. When it gets stuck in this case, I miss all my high resolution files of what I thought I was recording and end up with a buch of footage of manouvering into place (when I didnt intend to be recording) saved on the SD card. At first I thought I just must have not been paying attenton to the record indicator in the UI but looking at the app cached video confirms this bug, the app video is correct and the phantom memory card video is not.  

Phantom 4 Firmware 2.00.0106
iOS DJi Go 4.1.8
2017-11-25
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha stace,

Looks like you should uninstall the DJI GO4 app completely and reinstall it from a fresh source.  Your issues do not seem firmware related.  Make sure you have a rock-solid Internet connection for the download.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-11-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

May I know which mobile device do you use? Does the reset issue appear every time? As for the timestamp, there are two possible causes for your reference:
a. The video crashed after the aircraft was powered off abnormally or the SD card was removed. It will repair itself after the aircraft is powered on again and the SD card is inserted.
b. The user pressed the Video Recording Button on the remote controller to start recording while the aircraft was not connected with the DJI GO app. In this case, the time of the camera has not been synchronized, you can update when the aircraft and DJI GO are well connected.
2017-11-26
Use props
stacebaal
lvl.4
Flight distance : 621257 ft
United States

Susan,

I am using a iPhone 7plus running IOS 11.1.2.  DJI Go 4.1.8.

a) The aircraft was not powered off abnormally.  I flew through three batteries, landing powering down and up normally between battery changes.  Only removing the SD card at the end of the day with the aircraft powered off.  Over the course of 4 days (12 flights/batteries) the videos were always saved with an incorrect timestamp.  Photos JPEG+RAW saved with the correct timestamp.  

b) The aircraft was indeed connected and in flight each time the recording button was pressed.  
2017-11-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules