Osmo mobile with S8+? Should I buy it?
4453 6 2017-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Stefanify
New

Canada

Hi, Everyone

I am about to purchase a osmo mobile for my Samsung S8+. I've been browsing in the forum and seen all kinds of problems. Just want to see if there is any currently existing problems? Any balancing issues? Motor overheat? Also want to know if the screen shotting off problem been fixed?  And overall, owners of osmo mobile and s8+, do you recommend buying it?

Thanks a lot
2017-11-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Samsung Galaxy S8+ is in our compatible list, the screen turning off issue has been fixed in V3.1.22, and it supports 4K resolution.
This is all the info I can provide to you.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
2017-11-26
Use props
Voyboy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1581 ft
Canada

I have had the Osmo mobile for about a month now and I also have an s8+ and after watching some helpful youtube videos I was able to tweak it.  I love using it.  I also got the stand for it.  The most important thing is to make sure its balanced properly and I have to take off my phone case but thats ok but once I got it balanced it was fine.  Now because the phone is so heavy I found that the face of the camera would face down when I balanced it but the phone itself would be perfectly horizontal which is what you want.  Also I find that the DJI go app for it works pretty good for photos but for videos I found it a bit lacking so I got an app Filmic Pro.  I had to pay for it and it wasnt cheap but it works with the osmo mobile and now I love making videos and taking great pics.  ONE thing though I wish I could use the native camera app with the osmo.  I can still move the phone but I cant use the joystick buttons, i have to press the screen.  Overall I think its great for my s8 plus
2017-11-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Voyboy Posted at 2017-11-26 23:37
I have had the Osmo mobile for about a month now and I also have an s8+ and after watching some helpful youtube videos I was able to tweak it.  I love using it.  I also got the stand for it.  The most important thing is to make sure its balanced properly and I have to take off my phone case but thats ok but once I got it balanced it was fine.  Now because the phone is so heavy I found that the face of the camera would face down when I balanced it but the phone itself would be perfectly horizontal which is what you want.  Also I find that the DJI go app for it works pretty good for photos but for videos I found it a bit lacking so I got an app Filmic Pro.  I had to pay for it and it wasnt cheap but it works with the osmo mobile and now I love making videos and taking great pics.  ONE thing though I wish I could use the native camera app with the osmo.  I can still move the phone but I cant use the joystick buttons, i have to press the screen.  Overall I think its great for my s8 plus

Thanks for the feedback, when you use native Camera APP, the joystick can be used, and the Shutter button in Osmo Mobile can be used to trigger pictures or videos.
2017-11-27
Use props
Voyboy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1581 ft
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-27 00:03
Thanks for the feedback, when you use native Camera APP, the joystick cannot be used, but the Shutter button in Osmo Mobile can be used to trigger pictures or videos.

when I use my samsung s8 plus native camera app with the osmo mobile I can use the joystick to move the phone and pan it around but I cant use the shutter buttons to take a picture or take video.  I have to press the screen.  It would be nice if I could but its not a deal breaker.  I already use filmic pro for videos, also it would be nice if I could mute the mic on the dji app because I dont need audio for my videos and filic gives me the option but the dji app doesnt
2017-11-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Voyboy Posted at 2017-11-27 00:16
when I use my samsung s8 plus native camera app with the osmo mobile I can use the joystick to move the phone and pan it around but I cant use the shutter buttons to take a picture or take video.  I have to press the screen.  It would be nice if I could but its not a deal breaker.  I already use filmic pro for videos, also it would be nice if I could mute the mic on the dji app because I dont need audio for my videos and filic gives me the option but the dji app doesnt

Please forgive my mistake, the joystick of course can be used.
When you use native Camera, did you connect to Osmo Mobile Bluetooth?
If the shutter button cannot be used, please remove the Osmo Mobile Bluetooth in your Bluetooth settings and connect again.
To be more specific, Shutter Button can control the volume button of your mobile phone, usually, volume button can trigger pictures taking or video.
If you don't want to record audio by APP, please forbid mic to access DJI Go in your settings.
2017-11-27
Use props
NATYB
New
United States

I’m having issues with my brand new Osmo Mobile justo receive it today.  Very disappointed
1st issue. It doesn’t balance appropriately with my iPhone 7 Plus. No using my protection case. It still jumps on videos.
2) super over heats my iPhone... I’m so worried that will affect my phone because it gets super hot.
3) after trying to take some test pictures and video at home suddenly de Shutter and Video Buttons stop Working
4) there was like an upgrade version that downloaded unsatisfactory and now it’s says the version is unknown.
5) it keeps disconnecting form the Bluetooth so even while going to settings ask me again and again to connect to the devise and it’s connected by then it drops again... it only works with the my cell phone screen, the only thing that keeps working is the joystick and the power off switch.
To be honest I was expecting a much better product considering the brand. I will like my money back... all of this on the very 1st day?
2017-11-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules