DJI Go 4 app (iOS) not connecting to mavic pro controller
10144 13 2017-11-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
StruvusMaximus
New
Netherlands

I recently upgraded my iPhone 7 for a iPhone X.
When i start the DJI Go 4 app (iOS) with mavic in RC mode the controller is connected but the app says disconnected.
I can connect to the mavic pro in wi-fi mode succesfully with the iPhone X.
So the problem seems to be in the communication between the controller and the iOS app.

I tried:
- using a different cable
- deleting and reinstalling the ios app (several times)
- clicking on "link rc" option in the go 4 app but notihing seems to happen

Any clue how to fix this?

2017-11-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

May I know the version of your iOS? Is it the latest version? You can try to update it to the latest version or refresh the system and try again.
2017-11-27
Use props
fans4bdd8fbb
lvl.3
Flight distance : 55341 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-27 01:26
May I know the version of your iOS? Is it the latest version? You can try to update it to the latest version or refresh the system and try again.

I am having the same issue... Here are my specs:

DJI GO 4 v4.1.18 (3018)
iPhone x : 11.1.2 (15B202)
2017-11-27
Use props
Wind Junkie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116165 ft
United States

This is the same exact issue I am having on my iPhone 8 Plus, running iOS 11.1.2 and DJI Go4 App v4.1.18.

I borrowed my friend's iPhone 8 (not the plus) and the DJI Go4 App connects, same iOS and DJI Go4 app version as my iPhone 8 Plus. I spoke to Symon on Live Chat who said I would hear back from DJI in 24-48 hours

Based on the reading I've done from this forum and Facebook Mavic pages, it appears to be an issue specifically with Plus models (both iPhone 7 and iPhone 8). I specifically bought the Plus model for a larger screen while flying my Mavic. I am super disappointed by this issue and am considering going back and exchanging for a regular iPhone 8.

Each time I plug my iPhone 8 Plus into the micro USB connector, or the bottom USB port in the RC remote, the iPhone battery symbol illuminates briefly, then goes back to a normal battery symbol, all the while the app says "disconnected"

2017-11-27
Use props
MavikMatt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 660092 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sigh - brand new MPP unboxed today and this is as far as I got too. I've just spent two hours trying different cables, resetting the phone and link between MPP and controller as well.

I have a fully updated iPhone 6 Plus. After waiting an age for my MPP, I am wondering if I have bought a load of cr*p. Not happy with the cryptic instructions either.
2017-11-27
Use props
stivan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1965 ft
Panama

had the same problem before latest firmware update. then a new app version came out and all was fixed.

Then a new firmware came out + no new app version = damn thing not connecting again. Hell im sick and tired of this bulls**y seriously. This is unacceptable. DJI get you sh** straight and release a firmware + working app version together. Goddamn
2017-11-27
Use props
stivan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1965 ft
Panama

moreover... how can i downgrade the firmware? i need this thing working for tomorrow. I have a real estate job tomorrow and need the drone. I was used to be able to downgrade to several versions back rigth from the dji assistant and now i only see the current firmware available. Please advise on how to downgrade the firmware or im sending this crap back to you for a refund.
2017-11-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fans4bdd8fbb Posted at 2017-11-27 11:37
I am having the same issue... Here are my specs:

DJI GO 4 v4.1.18 (3018)

Hi there, please try to update the OS to the latest version via iTunes, or try to reinstall the app, change another connecting cable, note that you need to remove the left short cable first when you plug the cable to the bottom port. See if it helps. Thanks.
2017-12-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

stivan Posted at 2017-11-27 15:17
moreover... how can i downgrade the firmware? i need this thing working for tomorrow. I have a real estate job tomorrow and need the drone. I was used to be able to downgrade to several versions back rigth from the dji assistant and now i only see the current firmware available. Please advise on how to downgrade the firmware or im sending this crap back to you for a refund.

Sorry for the difficulties, the new firmware doesn't support downgrade. For the connecting issue, please try the suggestions on 8#. Hope it will solve your problem.
2017-12-1
Use props
StruvusMaximus
New
Netherlands

As stated i  use the most recent version of iOS 11.1.2 and the newest firmware+app version.
Even double checked by using the DJI assisent software.
I also mentioned i tried maybe 4 different cables which all work with for example my iPad.

But with the iPhone X no go whatever i try.
2017-12-2
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

StruvusMaximus Posted at 2017-12-2 04:42
As stated i  use the most recent version of iOS 11.1.2 and the newest firmware+app version.
Even double checked by using the DJI assisent software.
I also mentioned i tried maybe 4 different cables which all work with for example my iPad.

Delete the GO 4 app. from your mobile
Ensure latest IOS version is running OK on phone
Reboot your iPhone X
Ensure no other apps are running in the background
Connect iPhone X to RC using the lightning connector that came with the drone
Turn on RC
Launch GO 4 app to the home page
Await connection to RC
Turn on Mavic
Await connection
Go fly!
If that doesn't work then call DJI support or try another phone. Also note that very cold weather can cause the GO 4 app to crash. Some also change the micro SD card as that can somehow be connected to the issue too.
2017-12-2
Use props
StruvusMaximus
New
Netherlands

Update!

iOS 11.2 just got released by Apple.
Updated the iPhone X and started DJI Go App.
And Voila it works without changing anything else. Seems to be something in 11.1.2 with Iphone X/8/8+ which seemed to be the problem.

Maybe someone else with the same problem can confirm that updating to 11.2 also fixes their problem?
2017-12-2
Use props
fans98f8e631
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1038458 ft
Mexico

I have the same problem. Flew 2 days a go and it was fine. Today, December 2 and connects for a few seconds and then disconnects.
Apple dec 2 update?? I don’t have WiFi to download 11.2 iOS.
Great place to fly and no luck
2017-12-2
Use props
Porsing
lvl.1

Cambodia

Wind Junkie Posted at 2017-11-27 12:01
This is the same exact issue I am having on my iPhone 8 Plus, running iOS 11.1.2 and DJI Go4 App v4.1.18.

I borrowed my friend's iPhone 8 (not the plus) and the DJI Go4 App connects, same iOS and DJI Go4 app version as my iPhone 8 Plus. I spoke to Symon on Live Chat who said I would hear back from DJI in 24-48 hours

I have the same problem
2019-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules