Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Cendence loses button customisation
2233 26 2017-11-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans5d4d730d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 899275 ft
Ireland

The Cendence remote seems to have plenty of bugs.The worst of which is that it sometimes it will lose the button configuration. All the buttons become Camera Settings, including the Menu button, and the Pand and Yaw dials stop working. Sometimes it takes more than one restart to get it working again.
2017-11-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft

Thanks for the feedback. We apologize for the trouble caused, may I know the firmware version of your Cendence?
2017-11-26
Use props
Rodger8
Captain
Flight distance : 15812070 ft
  • >>>
United States

This may help? In your settings you will find that you can have 3 custom settings for individual users. There is also a "Reset" toggle in that screen which will bring all things back to the default.  I have found that opening up the menu section for the associated button in the GO App and activating the button to see what changes very helpful. This gives me a better understanding as to what is happening when I use a particular button on the Cendence.
2017-11-27
Use props
fans5d4d730d
lvl.3
Ireland

Rodger8 Posted at 2017-11-27 04:41
This may help? In your settings you will find that you can have 3 custom settings for individual users. There is also a "Reset" toggle in that screen which will bring all things back to the default.  I have found that opening up the menu section for the associated button in the GO App and activating the button to see what changes very helpful. This gives me a better understanding as to what is happening when I use a particular button on the Cendence.

Thanks. I'm aware of this, but when the Cendence goes funny, this doesn't work
2017-11-27
Use props
fans5d4d730d
lvl.3
Ireland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-26 22:17
Thanks for the feedback. We apologize for the trouble caused, may I know the firmware version of your Cendence?

2017-11-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator

Thank you, the issue will be transferred to our engineers for attention, I will keep you updated once there is any feedback, thanks for the patience.
2017-11-28
Use props
Rodger8
Captain
Flight distance : 15812070 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans5d4d730d Posted at 2017-11-27 11:36
Thanks. I'm aware of this, but when the Cendence goes funny, this doesn't work

I had an issue with the Yaw and by redoing the linking process it was corrected. Don't know why, but it worked.
2017-11-28
Use props
fans932dbc25
lvl.3
Flight distance : 392608 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-28 00:25
Thank you, the issue will be transferred to our engineers for attention, I will keep you updated once there is any feedback, thanks for the patience.

I have a Cendence controlling an Inspire 2 using an iPhone 8 plus

I have had this same problem of losing the button customization and having menu and the four camera buttons all just bring up the camera menu. [Same firmware version as above]
I don't know what I did, but all at once it started working. I then entered my settings for the buttons and it worked for about a day and now it's back converting all the buttons the camera settings menu.

I also had the problem using an iPad mini-4. It also had the problem, but it also had a stalling problem because of its less powerful processor.

The interference level was high using the 2.4 GB. I switched to using 5.6 GB but that seemed to make no difference.

This is particularly dangerous because the button assigned to lower the landing gear just brings up the camera settings menu.

For some reason the automatic landing trigger does not work. I have had to go to a 50 feet altitude and attempt to land several times before the automatic landing trigger worked.

Any workarounds or help would be great, I am afraid to take the aircraft up for fear the landing gear will not rise since I have no but to make it rise manually.
2017-11-28
Use props
DTK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

A lot of people is praising the many features of Cendence. I also want to get one once all the issues are sorted out. Since it is a new product, it probably still needs some months to sort them out.
2017-11-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator

fans932dbc25 Posted at 2017-11-28 07:41

I have had this same problem of losing the button customization and having menu and the four camera buttons all just bring up the camera menu. [Same firmware version as above]

Sorry for the late response, thanks for the feedback, have you tried to reset the settings as Roger suggested?
This issue has been forwarded to our engineers for attention, I will keep you posted once there is any update. Thanks for the patience.
2017-12-4
Use props
fred777
lvl.2
Flight distance : 163517 ft
United States

I have the exact same problem. I have updated the bothe the inspire and CENDENCE software many times and restarted many time. still can not get to work. How did you get it working again?
2017-12-4
Use props
fred777
lvl.2
United States

I have the exact same problem. I have updated the both the inspire and CENDENCE software  RC 01.01.0002 many times and restarted many time. still can not get to work. How did you get it working again?
2017-12-4
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

DTK Posted at 2017-11-28 14:02
A lot of people is praising the many features of Cendence. I also want to get one once all the issues are sorted out. Since it is a new product, it probably still needs some months to sort them out.

DTK
I have found my Cendence remote a real treat to use.

In addition, I been using the Patch Antenna also with great success. I am sure that DJI will fix some of the bugs and open up the features as time goes on but overall it really is a nice controller!

Rich
2017-12-4
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have you calibrated the remote using the same method as the stock Inspire 2 remote?  Please note you need to calibrate both camera pitch and yaw dials (left and right top) along with the sticks during the calibration. The App will not give you any feedback on the right dial for yaw but do it anyway just as if you are setting it up for the first time.  After doing this once, I do not loose control of my buttons.

Sometimes while switching from my iPads, I loose the button configurations but I restart the GO4 App and everything works again. I think it does not like changing from device to device.  

Just my 2 cents
Rich
2017-12-4
Use props
raven4
First Officer
Flight distance : 86194 ft
United States

Here's the thing....
First, you must not try to set the C1 and C2 buttons via the Go4 Application. Within the GO4 App, set C1 and C2 to UNDEFINED. Then, go to the Cendence MENU button to set all the variables.
Second, there are two different choices for "Landing gear" If you pick the wrong one, it will give you an error message, then change nothing...in fact, it may freeze the landing gear.
2017-12-4
Use props
fred777
lvl.2
United States

Solved my problem  link to Inspier 2….DJI GO 4….Remote controller settings….click on BUTTON CUSTOMIZATION  ….RESET  EVERY THING WENT BACK TO MY VALUES. the MENU button works agin!!!!
2017-12-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator

fans932dbc25 Posted at 2017-11-28 07:41

Hi there, sorry for the late response. Our engineers tested many Cendence but the issue didn't recurrence.
If the problem persists, any chance to upload a short video to YouTube? We would appreciate your assistance.
2017-12-19
Use props
ScooterC5
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

The right dial of the Cendence no longer works for Yaw or Tilt when using the latest version firmware of CrystalSky and Aircraft.
Versions
App 4.1.18
Aircraft 01.01.0300
Remote Controller 02.00.0030
2017-12-19
Use props
MadFrenchie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 914711 ft
United States

ScooterC5 Posted at 2017-12-19 22:32
The right dial of the Cendence no longer works for Yaw or Tilt when using the latest version firmware of CrystalSky and Aircraft.
Versions
App 4.1.18

This has been discussed before, you need to do a controller calibration, and even if it doesn't ask you to calibrate that dial do it anyway.. You will see it will restore the functions of the button.
2017-12-21
Use props
Sidlinger
lvl.2
Flight distance : 219183 ft
United States

Mine wakes up like this sometimes, "RC has been reset", and my control bindings (and probably other customizations) are gone.

Not very confidence-inspiring and wastes time right when I am all set up to fly.

2018-1-1
Use props
Bad Billy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 392608 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sidlinger Posted at 2018-1-1 10:47
Mine wakes up like this sometimes, "RC has been reset", and my control bindings (and probably other customizations) are gone.

Not very confidence-inspiring and wastes time right when I am all set up to fly.

I get this message as well. Everything has to be reentered. I also jump back to a reset state and do not get this message.

On average I have to reenter the button configurations several times a day.

I've been trying to figure out how to store the settings so that I can just reload them, does anybody know how to do this.

I've been working on this since November 18, 2017 when I received it.

Until I get a solution, I'm going back to my old controller.

2018-1-19
Use props
STKNRUD
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-19 02:39
Hi there, sorry for the late response. Our engineers tested many Cendence but the issue didn't recurrence.
If the problem persists, any chance to upload a short video to YouTube? We would appreciate your assistance.

Mindy...was wondering if engineers have re-examined this issue.  Your response was 11/28/17 and many, including myself, are still reporting the button assignment issue with the Cendence.  I have spoken to two Tier One dealers and both are reporting that this remains an unfixed issue.  Thanks.
2018-1-30
Use props
jdmagoo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1229554 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I too have the button customisation issue. Im running the latest version of the Cendence FW, Inspire 2 FW, and iOS.

Is there a fix or a procedure to make it work?

How do I reset the cendence to factory settings (I know of the reset button in customisation but Im after a full factory reset)
2018-3-27
Use props
fans35df01be
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2695039 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-26 22:17

How do I execute a factory reset on the Cendence?  I am unable to calibrate the right pan wheel and the side levers in the calibration process. In addition when I fly my I2 using the condense the top speeds are significantly lower. 18mph - Pmode 38mph - Smode.  When I link the original remote and fly the aircraft flys normally and is able to achieve higher speeds.
2018-4-8
Use props
fans35df01be
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2695039 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans35df01be Posted at 2018-4-8 10:28
How do I execute a factory reset on the Cendence?  I am unable to calibrate the right pan wheel and the side levers in the calibration process. In addition when I fly my I2 using the condense the top speeds are significantly lower. 18mph - Pmode 38mph - Smode.  When I link the original remote and fly the aircraft flys normally and is able to achieve higher speeds.

2018-4-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator

fans35df01be Posted at 2018-4-8 10:28
How do I execute a factory reset on the Cendence?  I am unable to calibrate the right pan wheel and the side levers in the calibration process. In addition when I fly my I2 using the condense the top speeds are significantly lower. 18mph - Pmode 38mph - Smode.  When I link the original remote and fly the aircraft flys normally and is able to achieve higher speeds.

We have been aware of the calibration issue and will get it fixed in the next firmware, our engineers are still working on it, please wait patiently for the release.
For the speed limitation issue, may I have your DJI Go 4 version please? Thank you.
2018-4-9
Use props
fans303c5328
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6143999 ft
  • >>>
Argentina

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-9 03:35
We have been aware of the calibration issue and will get it fixed in the next firmware, our engineers are still working on it, please wait patiently for the release.
For the speed limitation issue, may I have your DJI Go 4 version please? Thank you.

Mindy, it would be nice if we can assign camera Roll to a knob or slider so we can adjust Roll while flying on a one man crew. Is that possible?
2018-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules